he/him
November 10
paniola town, alola
pansexual
ranger
cadet
5'2" height
5'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @faolan
faolan ashbaker
sooty sinuses [m]
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 17:58:38 GMT
faolan ashbaker Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Faolan was unsure why he was being dispatched to the most bitterly hot corners of Hoenn for his earliest missions, but as someone who much rather preferred the tropical climate of the regions lower altitudes, he wasn't exactly in his comfort zone. Though, he was quickly learning that comfort wasn't exactly a priority for the Pokemon rangers -- in order to properly protect Hoenn's various populations, one needed to be willing to take any measures necessary.

Lavaridge Town, with earth drier than bone and air thick with moisture from the nearby hot springs, reminded him somewhat of his hometown. Though he was used to the occasional bouts of ash spitting from the peak of Akala Volcano, the way that this town was absolutely caked in inches of soot was on an entirely different level. Faolan had heard that this settlement was not often without at least a thin layer of ash, though it had considerably worsened with the recent wind and climate shifts, and those residents who hadn't evacuated were not faring too well.

The young ranger carried a rather hefty sack of medical supplies -- he looked a little ridiculous trying to lug it around, but he was pretty eager to prove what existed of his physical strength to his partner for this mission. They had been tasked with providing medical treatment to the Pokemon living in and around the town, as those who weren't built for breathing in such high levels of ash were in dire need of it. Faolan glanced over at Ever, sweat dripping from his temples in the blistering heat. "Ugh...where do you think we should start?"
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
271 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
sooty sinuses [m]
POSTED ON May 17, 2024 18:12:57 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg7"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

Even after three years, he wasn’t really used to how hot it got in the warmer seasons of the month. He wasn’t sure if he would ever get used to it after having grown up in Galar. The weather usually allows them to be cooler this time of year, maybe because the Galar region is usually overcast or it is raining. Rarely did Galar see the sun.
[break][break]
Speaking of the sun, that was another thing that he still struggled to get used to. Hoenn got a lot more sun than Galar did. It was actually kind of annoying for someone who wasn’t really used to seeing the sun so much.
[break][break]
The younger male's voice distracted him from the dark looks he kept sending the sun, as if the sun had personally offended him by being out, causing him to instead turn his gaze upon the younger recruit. A recruit, he had been tasked with helping to learn the ropes.
[break][break]
“We should first see if people need help at the Pokémon center. I hear they’re swamped with people and Pokémon coming in that need healing. I bet if we lightened their load a bit, it would be much appreciated. I already agreed to lend out my Galarian Rapidash to the nurses to tend to the most injured. Our job is to help those whose injuries are minor. They’ll just have to suck it up and heal up on their own,” he explained impassively.
[break][break]
Ugh, he hated talking so much. Now his throat kind of hurts from saying so much at once. “How good are you at basic first aid?” he asked, wanting to be sure he had someone he wouldn’t need to instruct too much.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

tybaxel

fay
he/him
November 10
paniola town, alola
pansexual
ranger
cadet
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @faolan
faolan ashbaker
sooty sinuses [m]
POSTED ON May 18, 2024 3:58:06 GMT
faolan ashbaker Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Nodding slowly as he took in Ever's words, Faolan redirected his attention to the nearby Pokemon Center. The iconic red roof was barely visible beneath the thick layers of ash -- it was a rather grim sight, to say the least. Hopefully it was well air-conditioned.

"I, uh...I've got an idea of what to do," he told the older ranger, shuffling his way to the building, "I was in charge of healing up my family's Lillipups back home. I imagine first aid isn't much different on a person." Only difference was that typical Pokemon potions and medicine didn't really work on humans. Eh, maybe it was more different than he thought. He shook his head.

Faolan walked a short distance ahead of Ever, his pace fairly quick as his eagerness to get inside rose like the late morning sun overhead. The Pokemon Center's automatic doors slid apart at his arrival, and the resulting blast of cool air was extremely welcomed. Less welcoming was the heavy crowd packed into the building's lobby, with both Pokemon and people either lined up at the desk or seated by the walls. Faolan inwardly grimaced as he noticed a sizable burn on the flank of a nearby Servine. It was clear that they had their work cut out for them.
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
271 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
sooty sinuses [m]
POSTED ON May 25, 2024 20:42:10 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg7"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

To his relief, the younger male seemed to have some knowledge of what to do. Good. Supervising was something he could do. Teacher, he was not. Though he thought he wanted to rise through the ranks, that was something he would need to work on.
[break][break]
"Yes, not much different. Basically, it’s only medicine that’s different. Pokémon can handle small doses of human medicine if there’s no other choice, but I don’t think the same can be said about people. However, I believe we’ll mostly be dealing with bandaging up scrapes,” he explained as he entered the Pokémon center.
[break][break]
Upon entering, it took all his willpower not to make a face when he saw how many people were in the waiting room of the Pokémon center. Great. Something told him they would be there for awhile.
[break][break]
Handing one of the nurses the pokeball containing Celestia, he quickly explained that he was lending his Galarian Rapidash to the nurse’s since she knew Heal Pulse and could help with healing up the more serious injuries. Once that was taken care of, he would turn his attention to Faolan.
[break][break]
“We should get started ourselves,” he stated.
[break][break]
Once it was clear they should start, he would turn to address the civilians in the Pokémon center. “All those not seriously hurt gather around me and my fellow ranger, Faolan. We’ll tend to your injuries today,” he said in a stern tone to get the people to do as they were told.
[break][break]
Soon enough, a moderate number of people would’ve separated themselves from the others waiting and made their way over to Ever and Faolan.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB