awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON May 21, 2024 15:58:21 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
it's a one person job. it's a solo job. surely she can do this. that's what she keeps thinking to herself while she tries to unsuccessfully move the gaggle of sleeping pokemon out from the literal only way through the jagged pass. she's been here nearly an hour now and has had to sheepishly tell other hikers the trail is closed, please go back down, sorry for the inconvenience!

hoenn is weird, people! she can't help it!

she's tried everything. screaming. shouting. throwing dirt on them. letting oleg tickle their weird shiny scales, but the orthworms are all coiled around one another, content to hibernate for, like, probably eternity at this point. 

in a last ditch effort, she plops her phone down on olg's head. his eyes flicker and then he opens his mouth and starts blaring one of sven's newest tracks. 

what she doesn't anticipate is her rockstar childhood friend meandering up the path too, made to bear witness to the death metal lullaby coming from oleg's alien mouth.
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON May 21, 2024 16:13:17 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Mt. Chimney had become an inhospitable place, since the rise and fall of a corrupted Groudon, filled with the last kindling of hope as it paves an ashen path of resignation.

But in-front of him here was something he'd never expected—a spark of something he dare not name lest he bring it to the attention of a cruel fate.

Instead, simply, he smiles, reveling in the feeling of amusement that for so long has escaped him.

"Dare I ask what this is about? He asks, a raised eyebrow, hands in his pockets.

[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#cec8ef; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON May 21, 2024 22:29:51 GMT
sven's tracks always slap. this kind of music isn't normally her cup of tea, but she'll literally listen to anything, so she's kind of grooving to it when greyson startles her from behind. she doesn't even know it's him at first - it's just some DUDE asking her what this is about. 

her arms flap. she wheels with a yelp. oleg, having sensed him coming, does not react, save to turn the music up (because he's a pill). surprise statics into elated shock and she throws her arms around her friend, squeezing around his arms. 

"greyson!!! hi, how are you? it's been so long. we've been so busy. oh my gosh, what are you doing up here? they didn't send an e4 member out 'cause of some lousy orthworms, did they?

"OLEG, TURN IT DOWN!

"oh, we're waking them up."

a beat.

"well, trying to."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 16:13:22 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Eyes widen as Saskia regains her balance but he doesn't move to help—this was typical for Saskia, and after a second, she recovers as he expected.

She talks a mile a minute—also a Saskia trait—and Greyson holds both hands up in a disarming gesture.

"Woah, woah. You seem more excited than usual." His attention shifts ever so slightly to the Orthworms in the path, then back to her. "How's your strategy going so far? Do you need help?"

He already knew the answer, of course.

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 21:51:23 GMT
"huh?" she asks. than usual? she's the normal amount of excited, except maybe she's a little worked up because the stupid orthworms won't wake up. no. she can't blame them. it's not their fault they wanted to nap in literally the worst place possible.

"it's great! we're great! fine, even. it's gonna - we got this," she says, chest puffed, completely confident.

she turns around when the music stutters. oleg has taken her phone off of his head and started nibbling the end of it. "no, oleg! no snacking. that'll be the third phone in - put it down!"

her shoulders slump. she thunks her forehead against greyson's arm. "heeeeeelp meeeeee."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON May 25, 2024 16:08:25 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Greyson laughs, patting Saskia with his free hand. She never failed to cheer him up—or, at the very least, take his mind off of things.

"Okay, okay. I've got an idea." Retrieving a Pokeball Greyson summons a Floatzel. The small weasel's tail spin, hopping from foot to foot excitedly.

"Raff help us ou—" But the water-type is already taking action. Fingers spin enchantingly as a METRONOME calls forth the most exciting form of gambling: gacha.

That was, until, the RAGE POWDER descends onto the Orthworms. They rouse from their slumbers—as was the plan—but the look on their collective faces send spikes of alarm down Greyson's spine.

"Uhhh—"

He knew he shouldn't have summoned Raff.

[attr="class","pcruinsslot"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON May 25, 2024 16:20:29 GMT
of course! mr greyson connors, bestie from another testie, is going to come in and save the day! she wants his help. she really does. there's nothing wrong with asking for help, but gosh sometimes she really wishes she could just be capable for once. 

"raff!" she says excitedly, all doom and gloom shoved away in the blink of an eye. she's always wanted a buizel. they're so freaking cute. and floatzel? she could lay on a floatzel's belly like in the jungle book and float lazily down the river. 

maybe she can ask greyson to borrow raff to do just that...

oleg's alarm goes off as the orthworms tower up over them. saskia barks, "turn it off, oleg! we can have lunch later." she side-eyes greyson. "i forget lunch so oleg has an alarm set to remind me - " 

and then one of the very angry orthworms slaps its wormy tail down at the earth towards her little alien. he scrambles out of the way, psychic energy glowing around him as he zeroes in on the creature. 

"i'd be pretty mad if i got woke up like that too. oh! oleg's pulling their defenses with guard split. go get 'em, raff!" she stutters and looks sheepishly up at greyson. "if that's what you think he should...do."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON May 26, 2024 0:55:10 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Intimidated as he was, as far as threats went, this didn't take very high. Greyson's concern was more for the Floatzel's problem-solving skills more than a lack of firepower.

"What's going on with you?" He asks, turning his attention from the worms to the woman next to him.

Meanwhile Raff moves away from the game of chance and instead starts whipping his tail to mimic the sound of thunder, each SONIC BOOM barely denting the giant worms' armors.

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON May 26, 2024 0:58:10 GMT
"nothing," she says defensively. with the surprise out of the way, oleg starts to thoroughly enjoy himself again (saskia can tell because he makes his happy beep noises) so it gives her enough peace of mind to tear her gaze from the battle and to greyson.

"i just...fiiiine. i just really wanted to do this, you know? but those stupid worms wouldn't wake up." she relents and calls out, "i'm sorry, worms! i didn't mean it! you're not stupid! just sleepy."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON May 26, 2024 1:01:16 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"Raff! Hold off." The weasel nearly takes a blow from a stray tail as his attention falters but he quickly recovers.

Greyson turns his frown onto his friend.

"Why didn't you say so. I'm not going to solve this problem—you are."

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON May 26, 2024 1:24:27 GMT
her cheeks flood red and she huffs indignantly, sputtering as she looks between him and raff, who has now been called off the offensive, and now at the orthworms, who are gathering themselves now that they are not getting relentlessly attacked with sonic booms.

"what! but you woke them up and made them angry. i wanted to do it nice. and now they're not even gonna be thinking straight so - oh."

she spins around on her heels and holds out her arms. oleg jumps into them immediately, wheeling, and she says, "make that noise papa hates," and oleg loses his mind. he releases an ear-splitting screech, layered with sounds like jackhammers and toilets flushing and cymbals and soft jazz. 

the orthworms, much like any sane person (anyone but sasky), immediately enrage and turn their attention on the pokemon currently spinning around. sasky holds onto oleg's little nubs and when the momentum of their spin has lifted him enough where he's horizontal, she giggles and releases him.

he goes flying. over the orthworms. over the trees. away from the path, down the mountainside. he screams all the way down and all of the orthworms follow, kicking up a cloud of dirt and rock in their wake. 

sasky coughs into her arm and turns to greyson, eyes shining. 
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 19:48:48 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]He has only a moment of warning—a few, if you consider the fact that Saskia stops sputtering, which should've been a red flag immediately—before all hell breaks loose.

His hands fly to cover his ears, entire body flinching, and his teeth vibrates. Only when the little alien soars over the treetops and far, far away, does he dare move his hands away.

Did it solve the problem? Yeah. But that was like sending a nuclear missile into a Beedrill's hive. You just didn't do that.

"What the fuck was that?"

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 20:02:05 GMT
greyson, on the other hand, does not seem very enthused or impressed by saskia's quick thinking and oleg's flawless execution. she tilts her head and she says, "what? we did it! we got 'em off the path and once oleg's out of their sight, they'll lose their aggression."

speaking of. 

the air shimmers behind her and with a blip, oleg reappears, whole and unhurt. he spins around on the ground a couple of times, cackling in that weird beep-boop way he does. shortly after, he collapses and leans up against sasky's ankle and calf, completely spent. 

she crouches just to pat him on the head.

"oh, wait, did you mean his song? he's workshopping it. we call it daft punk's skibidi toilet."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 12:30:12 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"It was—" He doesn't need to get composed to Saskia, but Greyson defaults to the perceived notion of what a member of the Elite Four stood for.

"—It was interesting. Well thought out? Er, probably not, but certainly out of the box. Maybe a little less domestic terrorism though." The ecosystem was likely permanently scarred by that.

"And change the name. That's, uh, an order. Yeah. An order."

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
death metal lullabies
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 21:57:24 GMT
saskia pouts when he brings out his mr. important voice, and a sheepish blush crawls over her cheeks and up the back of her neck. she looks down at her feet because if she looks at him while he's disappointed in her, she's going to cry and that would be so freaking embarrassing

but then her warbling lip twitches back up into her signature full-blown grin and the raincloud is gone, replaced with a bright and sunny laugh.

"sir, yes, sir!" she crows and oleg complains weakly. she grunts as she picks him up. he grabs onto her neck and leans his big head against her collarbone, green eyes muted. "oleg probably won't agree, but he's so sleepy eepie right now, i think we could get away with murder. how 'bout we call it greyson gangnam style?"
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing