Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
402 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
dreary dormitory [m]
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 16:28:27 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena rarely spent time in this area of HQ. She often visited just for a little rest and relaxation in the middle of a trip around Hoenn, so she frequented the break room and the tea selection there. But she was making an effort to visit more often and get to meet the newer members; it was important if she wanted future volunteers for a sleep study. More than that, it was important to know just what your allies were capable of. [break][break]

When asked to oversee the ghost extermination, she eagerly accepted. She was paired with a... . Hmm. [break][break]

Ameena stepped into the entrance of the dorms to see one other person, someone she had not seen before. "Are you Kasper? I am Ameena, here to see that the ghost problem is handled effectively." She was eager to see what the other could do.

TAGS[break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

cherry

kas
they/them
october 9
mossdeep city, hoenn
aroace
barista
grunt
Give me a reason to believe
awards
41 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherry1
kasper thaler
dreary dormitory [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 22:53:21 GMT
kasper thaler Avatar
if anyone asked kasper the top ten things they had never expected to do as a rocket grunt, they think that being tasked with getting rid of ghosts would have been at least one of the top five. maybe even the top three. probably the top three. they had been expecting something more serious- not that this wasn’t- but it was sort-of kind-of a relief for now.

if they ignored the fact that ghosts, and ghost pokemon, scared the living shit out of them- the consequence of watching countless possession movies since they were a kid.

to their credit, though, they don’t jump out of their skin when someone walks through the entrance of the dormitory. they almost do, and for a second they feel like their heart stops before they’re reminding themself that this woman probably (hopefully?) isn’t a ghost, and that they’re fine.

“that’d be me!” they manage, surprisingly cheerful in an attempt to ignore the anxiety they felt about this whole thing. “so…ghost hunting, huh?”

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
402 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
dreary dormitory [m]
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 17:03:21 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

A sharkish smile made its way to her face as she extended a hand to the grunt. "A pleasure," she assured. "And indeed, we are ghost hunting. It is important for every Rocket to protect their turf, even from undead troublemakers. And it is even more important for each Rocket to know that you should be the scariest thing that goes bump in the night."[break][break]

She walked ahead of them, leading the duo into the first corridor of dorms. All doors were closed, many adorned with little white boards or mini bulletin boards; several were filled with relevant notices about absences or events, but a few had received immature graffiti or stupid doodles. "Ghost type behavior varies, but many become active around people they believe they can scare. Try not to look like an easy mark as we listen for pokemon." [break][break]

She felt deep amusement at the prospect. "Anyways. Tell me about your pokemon team. What do you offer the offer the organization?"

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

cherry

kas
they/them
october 9
mossdeep city, hoenn
aroace
barista
grunt
awards
41 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherry1
kasper thaler
dreary dormitory [m]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 16:17:46 GMT
kasper thaler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kasper"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

dreary dormitory

oh, this woman can absolutely tell they're nervous. something about the way she grins all but confirms it for them, but they take her hand anyway in an attempt to seem less scared for their life. and not for rocket-related reasons, this time.
[break][break]
mostly.
[break][break]
"wouldn't seeming like a target be a good way to draw them out?" they ask, before they can think twice, and then they resist the urge to kick themself. now if they do get targeted by a ghost pokemon, they're going to have to act like it's something they planned. easier said than done.
[break][break]
the question about kasper's pokemon team is enough to take their mind off of ghosts and ghost possessions- and not in the good way. "you want to know what my pokemon can offer?"
[break][break]
their first thought is to default to amaryllis, and they doubt saying the audino would be able to cling to people would be the best joke.

[attr="class","kasperooc"]

NOTES

[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.kasper]--accent:#6d94eb;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kasper]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
402 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
dreary dormitory [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 15:40:50 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

The bait concept is good. [break][break]

"Go ahead, then. Look scared. I will just watch over here," she says as she indicates the tall plant in the hallway. She stands on the other side of it, not far at all from them. She considers the grunt's Audino with a poker face. [break][break]

It isn't an innately bad pokemon - do any exist? "I am more interested in what you offer Rocket. Tell me, are your strengths related to sabotage? To brute force? To undercover work? It is common for new members to be evaluated on power alone, but there are more versatile strengths you can offer. If you have nothing to offer... I am afraid your time with us will be cut short." She wants the kid to spit it out. Ameena doesn't want to see them discarded because they can't be the muscle. [break][break]

Ameena straightens as she hears the telltale laugh of a ghost. She leans forward from the plant she hides behind to look at Kasper in the middle of the hall - and a Gengar is floating up from the floor to scare them with his scary face. Amused, Ameena adds from behind the tree: "Audino has a power that can be drawn out with a mega stone." She knows with utmost certainty that this grunt will not have one for their pokemon. "And I hope it knows a versatile moveset; normal moves will do nothing to Gengar."[break][break]

With all the satisfaction of a scientist running an experiment, she eagerly waits to see how the grunt will manage the task of scaring off the ghost.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

cherry

kas
they/them
october 9
mossdeep city, hoenn
aroace
barista
grunt
awards
41 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherry1
kasper thaler
dreary dormitory [m]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 19:31:24 GMT
kasper thaler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kasper"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

dreary dormitory

they should have expected this. they think they had expected it, a little, if you counted expecting it as wholeheartedly dreading it, but the more optimistic part of kasper had hoped it wouldn’t come to this. regardless, they don’t outwardly argue as they move to stand in the hallway, further away from ameena, and with a grimace as soon as their back is to her.
[break][break]
her words are almost more terrifying than the idea of the ghost pokemon. part of them wants to ask where their stay will be, if anywhere, if rocket deems them not enough- but they bite their tongue. “i can offer undercover things. distractions, getting information from the league- whatever rocket needs.” it’s not quite practiced, really, but, for their credit, their voice doesn’t waver too much.
[break][break]
when the gastly floats from the floor with a scary face, they shrink back, hoping that it looks more like a get the fuck away from me reaction to any outsider rather than one of fear. They don’t answer ameena, instead reaching for the pokeball that holds their tyranitar as the closest thing to a response-
[break][break]
and the green pokemon is lunging towards gastly with a snap of his jaws in an attempt to bite the ghost pokemon before they can even say anything.

NOTES

tyranitar uses bite![break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.kasper]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kasper .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
402 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
dreary dormitory [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 15:55:57 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Undercover things. [break][break]

It's broad. Not that that's a bad thing. Ameena can agree with the assessment on appearance alone - nothing about them looks terribly suspicious. She imagines the worst Kasper might face on a day to day mission might be an elder complaining about youth these days. The claim will require more testing - can Kasper perform under pressure? - but for today, keeping their wits about them is the most important trait. [break][break]

The quick draw of Tyranitar is good thinking. The bite nails Gengar and causes it to flinch. Ameena has little interest in watching a battle or risking unnecessary noise and waking any sleeping colleagues, so she assists, telepathically ordering Gardevoir to imprison the pokemon. Gardevoir then uses teleport with the Gengar, presumably dropping it off very far from HQ. [break][break]

"Undercover is good," Ameena finally said, stepping out from where she'd been hidden from the Gengar. "We might need some of that work in the coming conflict. Have you formed any connections with the League?" Networking with Rangers could build trust, but Kasper might need more connections in Rocket first to seem properly embedded in the organization. The line between spy and turncoat could be worryingly thin.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

cherry

kas
they/them
october 9
mossdeep city, hoenn
aroace
barista
grunt
awards
41 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherry1
kasper thaler
dreary dormitory [m]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 4:41:25 GMT
kasper thaler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kasper"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

dreary dormitory

so far, the fact that they're bullshitting their way through this whole thing hasn't been called out, so kasper will take that as a win. looking like the equivalent of those nonbinary barista jokes probably didn't hurt. maybe their pride- because the thought comes with an oh fuck am i a walking stereotype sort of sinking feeling- but nobody would look at them and think they were with rocket.
[break][break]
carnation keeps his jaws locked on the gengar, and kasper doesn't really have a chance to question how that really happens before the ghost type is teleported away. with one threat out of the way, they're left with the other, more terrifying, one. their hand rests on carnation's side, both as a halfhearted pat to the tyranitar and to gather their nerves.
[break][break]
"um. not really?" there's their father, of course, but kasper doesn't like thinking about him. "i mean...i could? probably? i doubt it'd be that hard." they're sure some members of the league probably stop by their cafe. they could start from there, maybe? work their way up?
[break][break]
wait. why were they already scheming like a cartoon villain? next thing they knew, a bunch of teenagers and a dog were going to end up on their trail.

NOTES

[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
402 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
dreary dormitory [m]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 15:50:46 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Yes, this one had potential. Ameena just needed them to realize that the situation held more gravity than they were offering it. [break][break]

"It is more than making friends," she explained, turning to walk back from where they came and expecting the new member to follow. "You need to entrench yourself in their lives, their network, and earn their trust while keeping your story straight and your allegiance straighter. It is your prerogative, how much you change about yourself in your approach. But you must always remember the face you show them." [break][break]

All good lies held truth. They would need to like their League contacts. All the hanging out and proximity and co-battling would create a real bond, but they would have to hold it at arms length, always. That was hard to do. It fostered a stress and guilt that couldn't be recreated in any other scenario. And it created a complex grief when the betrayal happened. Ameena wasn't sure they were actually ready for it, but starting small was a good beginning. [break][break]

"Do not push yourself to embed yourself in the League if you are unprepared. But consider it. I think you will be very valuable to us, and I hope you find value in your colleagues here. If you need anything, you need only ask." Ameena recited her Rotom contact information for Kasper.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

cherry

kas
they/them
october 9
mossdeep city, hoenn
aroace
barista
grunt
awards
41 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherry1
kasper thaler
dreary dormitory [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 21:12:33 GMT
kasper thaler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kasper"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

dreary dormitory

if kasper's already been marked as a lost cause, they can't tell- which, considering the way the conversation has been going, is probably the point. instead, the older rocket turns away, and they're left tapping their side as a silent order for their pokemon to follow before they're scrambling after her, themself.
[break][break]
it seems like a lot. they're not sure they're as good of an actor as ameena seems to think they could be, but they think they will be. they think they want to be, eventually, if things work out like that.
[break][break]
when she offers her rotom information, they're quick to pull out their rotom and note it down. the more stubborn part of them thinks that they'd rather not have to ask for help, even if they're not doing this alone, but they know they'll have to. so they swallow down the shreds of their pride and- unconsciously- stand a little straighter.
[break][break]
"where do you think a good place to start would be?" because, from what they can tell, a nineteen year old befriending a bunch of middle-aged league members would be awkward unprompted. or close to middle age? who knew. kasper wasn't keeping track of the ages of league members.

NOTES

[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
402 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
dreary dormitory [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 21:15:47 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Where to start was an excellent question. [break][break]

"Find a disaster." It was what Rangers were obliged to respond to, after all. There would always be a Ranger when something odd hit Hoenn. And something odd always hit Hoenn. [break][break]

Young Rangers were especially among the ranks to respond to environmental disasters and low level crime. Hell, they also tackled poaching and heists and the appearances of deities. "Make a disaster, if you cannot find one. A litten stuck in a tree, a kid stuck on a cliff. If help is needed, help will come." It was perhaps the most succinct of her advice ever given to a grunt. "The next time we meet, I hope to hear of your success."

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,498 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
dreary dormitory [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2024 5:57:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB