awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
kinship
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 22:21:15 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she stands in front of the mirror, tucking a braid behind her ear. flyaways tickle the tight stretch of skin over her temples, but that's not what stays her hand. her veins, once a soft shade of lavender, are closer to pale blue, skin waxen and fair. she hadn't believed them when they said after a few short days, the poisons would leave her system.

memory folds, time collapsing and constructing and obliterating and is that her smile or her other smile or the her with teeth, with dragon's scales, and a love to call her own, a happiness, a happiness, is it her? who is she? 

who am i? who am i?

"freya? councilwoman? councilwoman?" she snaps out of it and spares a side-eye to one of the draciary's assistants. "er, sorry to interrupt. your cousin's here. we still haven't seen movement on the eggs."

she dismisses her with a wave and a thank you and swipes her bow where it leans beside her desk. since the abduction, she hasn't left home without it. or her sygna suit. 

"thanks for coming," she says, shoulders relaxing as she approaches. "how - have you been recovering?"
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
6'00" height
6'00" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
545 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
kinship
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 15:11:59 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","pkmnlgndstxt"]

[attr="class","pkmnlgndsicon"]
"How the hell did any of that happen under the League's watch?" Roy answers his cousin's question with one of his own, pausing briefly to collect himself. Despite his frustration, he carefully avoids blaming his only surviving family member. Still, he seeks a scapegoat, someone to blame for why they were imprisoned and why the megalopolans still have a place to call home. His right palm animates with his words, displaying his frustration to any of the assistants who glance their way.

Roy knows there are answers he's not allowed to know, but that's not enough for him. As he follows Freya through the draciary, he's reminded of why he left for Unova all those years ago. Standing between gods only leads to the worst possible outcomes. "I just don't get it," he says more calmly, trying to avoid drawing attention from the draciary's inhabitants. "Why us?" His hunt for a scapegoat shifts towards genuine curiosity. He wants answers from the one person he believes has them.

[attr="class","pkmnlgndstag"]

[attr="class","pkmnlgndspkmn"]

[googlefont=Finger Paint][googlefont=Lato]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsbg] position: absolute; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; border-style: solid; padding: 30px; font:12px Lato;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsicon] width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 8px solid; border-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vsQKPBX.png) 16 round; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsicon img]width: 120px; height: 120px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .vdice-box]margin-bottom:-12px; border:1px solid #aaa; background-color:transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .vdice-value]border:none; background:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsdice]font:bold 20px Poppins, serif; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstag]text-align:center; line-height: 10px; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstag a]text-align:center; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsgsnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsart]height:100px; width: 349px; overflow: hidden; text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px; border: 8px solid; border-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/P0sZrkd.png) 20 round;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsart img]height:100px; width: 349px; object-fit:cover; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsartdrk]height:100px; width: 349px; background:#303030; margin-top:-103px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsartlght]height:100px; width: 349px; background:#aaa; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
kinship
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 18:39:40 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she's still asking herself that. she doesn't even remember the hours before she was stolen, only that they would have been spent in her hotel. when she returned, she had half expected to see the dragonair that guard the place cut down, but they were fine - restless and relieved to see her, but fine.

"we're still trying to figure that out," she admits with a flex of her jaw. it must be a genetic thing, shoving straight past the pleasantries and into the heart of all matters. they walk by the rocky outcropping of the garchomp nests and some of them feed off of roy's energy, fins shifting, maw parting to snap at nearby handlers. she smirks. 

"because we're dangerous. we keep collecting power. mega evolution, dynamax, tera - playing with anomalies without knowing what they do. even avatarships."

her thoughts go to eva. she'd been there after all, stolen like the rest of them. they're all busy, but she continues to push herself, terrified of the oncoming war and what it means. too busy to take care of herself, nevermind make room for the woman who admitted she loved her in another life, kissed her, and then left her reeling.

"but we carry on. we move forward. we find reason to celebrate because gods, roy, it's about to get so much worse."
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
545 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
kinship
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 15:28:02 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Like dragons, this was how the two displayed appreciation for each other. While Roy had no qualms about speaking his mind, the words he shared with his cousin didn't weigh on him later. His willingness to voice his thoughts was only possible because of how comfortable he felt in Freya's presence.

"That's the problem, isn't it?" he questioned, his words struggling to break through a draconic roar that echoed through the walls of the draciary. "Neither of us are avatars. We might have tools that get us pretty close to that kind of power, but I don't see how we can compete."

The tension in Roy's brow added weight to his eyelids, which closed briefly as he recalled his past encounters with legendary pokemon. Despite respecting their necessity, he found it difficult to trust the avatars that channeled their strength. Taking a deep breath, he continued the conversation.

"How do we prepare for what's next?"

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsbg] position: absolute; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; border-style: solid; padding: 30px; font:12px Lato;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsicon] width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 8px solid; border-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vsQKPBX.png) 16 round; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; [/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .vdice-box]margin-bottom:-12px; border:1px solid #aaa; background-color:transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsdice]font:bold 20px Poppins, serif; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstag]text-align:center; line-height: 10px; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstag a]text-align:center; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsgsnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsart]height:100px; width: 349px; overflow: hidden; text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px; border: 8px solid; border-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/P0sZrkd.png) 20 round;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsart img]height:100px; width: 349px; object-fit:cover; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsartdrk]height:100px; width: 349px; background:#303030; margin-top:-103px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsartlght]height:100px; width: 349px; background:#aaa; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
kinship
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 18:23:15 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she swipes her tongue over her teeth and starts to slow her stride. the sounds of the draciary are a low rumble now. there's a platform elevator and she ushers him in, crosses her arms over her chest as they're lifted. a breeze drifts around them as they rise, brought in by the open-air dome above. 

"those tools are more powerful than most people realize, when used by top trainers." she eyes him. "i held off against wo-chien and tapu fini's avatar. almost died, but it wasn't impossible.

"our strength is in knowing our enemy. avatarships are...often strenuous."
 elisabeth, jayden, even fernando, hell, even eva. all are, at the very end, used by their patrons. they are vessels for powers not made to be wielded by the bodies they inhabit. 

"find the right pressure points and it turns impossible into improbable."

the platform halts and she steps onto a narrow cliff's edge, roped off. snarls sound from nearby. lyune's massive head emerges from within a cave and he opens his maw, fangs exposed. 

"sune," she breathes, hands out. lyune considers her, pupils fluctuating, and then he retreats back into the cave. more sounds - scales on scales, rumbling growls. she looks at roy and says, "this is what i wanted to show you."

five eggs lay at the far end of the cave. two sets of eyes pierce the darkness, watching with territorial caution. 

"he hasn't sired in years, but with his wing fixed, he has. and my father would be rolling in his grave if i didn't let his clutch hatch naturally."

in modern practice, and with most of the draciary's residents, the hatchlings are separated quickly after they emerge in order to reduce mortality rates. otherwise - 

embers spark at the far end of the cave. one of the eggs begins to crack.
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
545 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
kinship
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2024 17:25:25 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Roy fell silent, absorbing his cousin's wisdom. While he had his own experiences, he knew Freya's words carried a weight his couldn't. They both started with nothing, but she had forged a path to become a councilwoman of the League. Her experiences added depth to any advice she offered.

"Impossible into improbable," Roy echoed, trying to burn her wisdom into his memory.

Freya then led him deeper into her world. The narrow shaft revealed Lyune, a dragon Roy had seen before, but Lyune presented something even more significant; a nest adorned with five different eggs. Most of the Salamence Roy met in his youth were decades old, but few were ever successfully sired.

Roy remained still and quiet as one of the eggs began to hatch before them. As bits of shell fell away, he felt an urge to assist but knew he couldn't. Despite having met Lyune before, he was aware of the Salamence's highly aggressive nature. One misstep could endanger not only his own life but also the newborn's. As the runt peered through the cracked shell, a sudden desire to care for it surged within him.

"Let me take one," Roy said firmly, motioning towards the hatchling. "That one."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
kinship
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2024 17:39:39 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the first is smaller than anticipated. its egg horn cuts cleanly and a thick, viscous liquid spills out as the bagon clambers out. the others begin to shake. freya raises a hand when roy starts forward, but he stops of his own volition. 

"oh?" she says, smile curving. "we'll see." 

it's an old practice, what they're doing now, what she's brought him here to witness. there are other dragons in the draciary that are bred in more sterile environments, eggs swaddled before they're just about to hatch, but this

she's witnessed it half a dozen times before, but nothing prepares for the initial shock of watching a freshly hatched bagon slam its head into a brethren's egg.

it splits in two and a body rolls out, bulkier than the former. pitiful cries and infant snarls echo. the rest of the eggs start to crack too, dragons waking to their blood-hunger. roy's runt is thrown off of its prey and tackled to the ground. hind legs kick for purchase. 

"hmm. looks like one female," she comments. two of the other hatchlings have escaped their eggs and squared off, leaving one bagon to scamper away to her mother and father. by the time she looks back, one of the bagon is still, throat torn from the glistening egg horn of another. 

the runt is, surprisingly, still standing. 

"the winner is yours," she says. "but you'll need to let him eat when he's done. let's see if your runt can beat the improbable."
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
545 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
kinship
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 21:53:18 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Roy stood amazed by the spectacle. Despite his heritage, he had never seen anything like it, especially this close. His jaw dropped as he watched the bagon go at each other, but in the end, the runt overcame the impossible.

"The improbable," he echoed Freya's words, watching the events unfold. "What do I feed him?" he asked, respecting her wisdom. Roy treated most of his team as equals, letting them eat the same garbage he forced his own body through. However, he knew this wouldn't be the right way to handle the hatchling.

The last thing he needed was another target of Balmung's jealousy, but at that moment, Roy was certain he would do anything to ensure the safety of his new friend.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
kinship
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 22:29:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

more blood spills. a head is smashed into the fragile midsection of another and at the end, the runt remains. at his question, freya raises a brow and then gestures. the bagon hunkers down and rips into one of its nest-mates. from the back of the cave, the female crawls out, eyeing the remains. 

the runt hisses in warning. she approaches slowly and respectfully, sinking teeth into a foreleg to drag one away for herself.

"letting them hunt on their own is good practice, but you can start hand-feeding some cuts of meat after a few months. you don't want them too wild."

the scent of blood in the air makes the dragons at the back of the cave even more unsettled. freya turns and heads back to the lift with care, raising her voice only when they're at a good distance away. 

"give him a week to fill out and then you can take him." she leans back, smiling at the sky. "like i said, we find reasons to celebrate. today's a good day."
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
545 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
kinship
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 16:51:27 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Even though he wasn't new to the nature of dragons, this entire display had been a spectacle. He felt entranced, only losing focus to Freya's words and recommendations. As his cousin started to make her way back to the lift, Roy found it difficult to follow. He paused for a moment to absorb the scenery before trailing after her.

Once on the platform, he took a deep breath before responding to her continued wisdom.

"Right." Roy's single word was followed by a sigh that expelled the remaining air from his lungs. "I'll make the best of it."

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,486 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
kinship
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 23:46:01 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven