540 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 6:47:37 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Based on how hard June slammed her fist into the door, one would think she was trying to break the hardwood off its hinges. They wouldn’t think she was trying to break in, though. That’s because she yelled out the tenet’s name at the top of her lungs.

ANNALISE! IT’S JUNE, LET ME IN! PLEASE, I… JUST LET ME IN!

Grigori had magically appeared on the floor of her apartment when she was at wit's end. All the missing people had popped back into reality, but clearly not well. Physically or mentally. And given her friend's pre-disposition to the whims of insanity, and the knowledge of her past, and what Grigori had told June since then…

There couldn’t be a repeat of four days ago. Or two-and-a-half years ago. “ARE YOU OKAY IN THERE?

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,531 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 7:49:33 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise returns home, but her life there has become paranormal. a sighting in the peripheral, creaks up the stairs — all in the name of furtively avoiding . she only seems to manifest herself in full at
sound of pounding on their front door, her name a muffled scream beyond the wood. [break][break]the door opens. annalise looks similar to how left her, but not quite the same. she looks tired. a bone-deep sort of tired. and haunted, like she need only blink to transport herself somewhere universes away. [break][break]"i'm fine."[break][break]the last time they had been together, june had told her she couldn't care about the drk triad or else she'd go insane. but here she is, frantic on her doorstep, both caring and insane. perhaps the confession has outgrown its original meaning. annalise sees her concern for what it is and, after a moment, yields herself to it. [break][break]"sorry if i worried you," she corrects herself, opening the door as an invitation. [break][break]"something happened and i — " ran away. " — just wanted to be alone for a few days."
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
Swallow the Heart and Kill the Senses
awards
540 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 20:34:04 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June’s anxiety spiked as the door opened. Her mind jumped to the immediately available conclusions, all of them worse than before. A roommate who would say she wasn’t there, or that she was never there, or that she was in the hospital, or she wasn’t coming back, that the funeral was in a week, or she’d only see her lying on the floor, unmoving like–

Yet all of it evaporated into thin air as her golden hair emerged from behind the door. Her voice got caught in the back of her throat, and time stopped. For a moment, she couldn’t hear the girl, or see her ghostly figure. All she saw was her. Alive.

She rushed forward and crushed Annalise between her arms. “Thank fuck.

I thought– I didn’t… I’m sorry.

Even if it wasn’t in either of their hands, guilt weighed heavy and cut through the relief like a knife. Maybe that karma thing Grigori always talked about was finally catching up to her.

Please don't leave me again.” The words blurted out before she could comprehend their weight. She tensed against the Ranger, scared yet determined to see what came in retaliation.

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,531 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 1:42:44 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
lunges and pulls her into a bone-crushing embrace. she winces over her shoulder as the air is forced out of her lungs, but it doesn't irritate her injuries. she's lucky — the very thought aggravates her soul — that she left that place without broken bones. just burns and bruises, both survivable if it means june has something to cling to. [break][break]but she should push her away here. like she had done with and and anyone else whose affection for her might weaken her resolve. it's easier to hurt her feelings now than to devastate her later. she just needs to say the words. she just needs to raise her arms and —[break][break]please don't leave me again.[break][break]annalise feels a lump form in her throat. she knows what she should do, but she doesn't think she's capable of it. too weary to show teeth to the last vestiges of friendship. with a traitorous sniffle, annalise puts her arms around june. [break][break]"you think i'd let anything in this fucked up universe keep me from coming back to you?" comes the watery question, the gentle sidestep of a promise she can't make. she lifts a hand to swipe at her face. "no way."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
540 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 6:28:28 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Something lifted from her shoulders. Weight of responsibility, or guilt, or maybe just some deep fear left in her bones from something long gone– it felt wonderful. Less heavy. It wasn’t a promise, but it was as close as the ranger could get. June knew it deep down, even if it still haunted the recesses of her mind.

‘Good enoughs’ kept the relationship together, with twine and peeling tape and sticks about to snap. A return to basics was all June wanted. Problems could be ignored, and issues sidestepped. That’s what they did. It’s what defined them.

It’s what kept them stuck in limbo– and she wouldn’t have it any other way.

... Thanks.

She’d be content to stay like this for another few hours. A day, even. Unfortunately, it hurt her arms to strangle the air out from Annalise. With one last hard squeeze, she pulled away slowly. Carefully. Her own red face met the rangers, and her gaze flicked sideways. Then, she took the open invitation and shut the door quickly behind herself.

Sorry, um… I think your neighbors might be pissed off at me. Can I… hide here, for a bit?

A shitty excuse, and an unnecessary one. But she wasn’t going to let the other girl push her away. Not again. "And. Um. Sorry about your shirt. I got it a little wet."

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,531 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 0:36:24 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise thinks she'd be content to stay like this too, but hugs her tighter and she knows the end has arrived too soon. they part slowly, granting a look at each other's red, watery-eyed faces. she smiles as she rubs her eyes, letting out an awkward huff of a laugh. [break][break]the open door becomes an opportunity. june slips inside and closes the door behind her. the hallway loses some of its warmth without the midday light spilling in. [break][break]"um ... " there's hesitation, a beat of discomfort meant for another person. "yeah, sure. hide away."[break][break]normally, she'd lead her to the recently-refurnished living room, but her gaze shifts toward the stairwell as june apologizes. she blinks, pinches her shirt away from her body, and shrugs like it's not an issue. [break][break]"i didn't even notice."[break][break]she motions for her to follow up the stairs to her room. it's a time capsule of the girl she once was, girlie and aesthetic. her houndoom lounges on her bed, offering the slight curl of his lip at the unfamiliar girl.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
540 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 20:47:02 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June followed the ranger closely, a temporary little Yamper who didn’t want to stray too far. She followed obediently up the stairs, her eyes affixed to Annalise. She did her best to ignore the remnants of her older friend's impact on the apartment: a few leftover cookies left on the coffee table, and a book about Fairy Types left on the kitchen counter.

Things better left unnoticed and unmentioned. 

Unfortunately, she’s greeted by the color vomit that reminds her too much of the similarly-styled office. Eye-sore crept onto her tongue, but she kept it to herself. This time. “It looks… a lot more decorated than my place.

In response to the Houndoom’s greeting, she did not plop herself down on the bed. Instead, she planted herself right on the floor, an arm’s length away from the canine but as close to Annalise as possible. Her hand reached out to the Pokémon, a white flag and a sign of good tidings.

Sorry, I… I don’t know,” she said. “How are– are you– is everything–

Sorry. I'm-- uh...

What the hell did you tell someone who was in the metaphorical pit with you?

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,531 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 3:17:11 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"too much color for you?"[break][break]she recalls the first time visited her office at the ranger hq and how she'd struggled to summon a compliment there, too. there's a desk in the room, but her guest takes the floor instead of the chair, reminiscent of the many times sits on her rug and complains about school and vaguely-alluded-to crushes. [break][break]as she sits on the side of the bed, her houndoom relaxes, loosening his posture. he sticks a snout out to sniff the extended hand, then draws his head back, aloof.[break][break]annalise draws her feet up off the floor, knees to her chest, and watches june from her perch. she tilts her head, brows furrowing as she tries and fails to do more than apologize.[break][break]"you're what?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
540 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 18:33:24 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
I don’t know!” June dropped her arm dramatically, a loud thud to accentuate her head spin to Annalise. “Just… I’m sorry. I don’t know what to say.

Grigori wasn’t here to help her– he’d know exactly what to do and say. He always did. But he wasn’t, and even worse, she couldn’t even rely on the fucker explicitly. That’d just make things worse. Like everything else she wanted to say.

I don’t want to ask about it, because I wouldn’t want to be asked, and I can't say it'll be okay because we both know it might not be, but I don’t want to ignore it, because… something just tells me I shouldn’t.   And I ain’t good at the awkward silence thing…

Her body scooted sideways, as close to the bed and Annalise as possible. A sigh escaped her lips as she reached for the sky and settled for anywhere on the Ranger’s elbow. “Feel like I fucked up with the hug earlier, too. Shouldn’t have let you go.

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,531 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 6:33:56 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"you didn't fuck up," annalise says softly. she scoots closer to her houndoom — the dog rearranges himself with a rent-paying sigh — and grabs the hand grasping at her elbow, encouraging her up onto the bed with a gentle tug. "and you're not fucking up now, either."[break][break]but what is there to say? some things need to stay buried so deep that not even annalise can dig them back up. a war is coming. she can't afford to stop and let everything catch up to her now. [break][break]"silence is only awkward if you let it be, you know," she sighs out, laying back on her mattress, eyes trained on the ceiling. eventually her hands slide up, covering her eyes, the darkness behind her eyelids lending to clarity. [break][break]"i don't need apologies and i don't need to talk about it."[break][break]her breath pools in the back of her throat. [break][break]"but i do need you to be far away from hoenn when the people who kidnapped me come back."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
540 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 6:42:43 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June followed along with the gentle pull until she joined the ranger in her comfortable bed. It made the conversation feel all the more personal, being so close to one another.

Or, rather, the lack of one. “Okay. I’m– uh. Ok. Fine.

What was she gonna do? Press her about it? No shot, not a chance. That’d be torture for both of them, like pulled nails or cuts into their flesh. Even if she felt like she had fucked everything up the second she entered Annalise’s apartment, or that it’s not as simple as ‘don’t let it be awkward silence’, or even if she didn’t want to ignore the problem just this one time.

I'm not leaving Hoenn.

But June did not let her take the mile. One hand unconsciously moved from being entwined with its partner and stretched for the ranger’s ankle. She rubbed the smooth skin rhythmically, a habit and a symbol. Comfort and a reminder.

Or you. If they come again, I won’t let them win a second time. I'll take your place,” she said. “And you won't be able to stop me.

A twinge of guilt raced through her mind, small yet notable on her heavy mind. Annalise couldn’t know about her debt– the real reason she couldn’t leave Hoenn. Self-sacrifice was much nobler a cause. 

"I'll be fine. Promise. They won't come back, and you won't ever have to worry about them again."

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,531 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 23:13:23 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise doesn't need 's heroics, she needs her self-preservation. she needs her to run far away before some otherworldly invasion begins. she can feel it in her bones, the three-pronged war between league, rocket, and the collapsing universe itself. her leg is pulled away, both a deprivation and a disapproval. [break][break]"you won't take my place."[break][break]her palms hit the duvet, then she sits upright, lending credence to the sharpness of her voice with the abrupt shift in position. she's bristling, still, even as june switches her tactic to something gentle and dismissive. [break][break]"they will be back," she says, turning her face away, the bite in her voice thinning into anxiety. "we should've killed them when we had the chance."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
540 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 4:47:00 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June flinched against the sudden declaration, but she did not back down. Instead, she met Annalise’s annoyance with her own. “I would. Will.

And as she looked away, her thoughts returned to her words mere moments ago. She wouldn't run away from everything and anyone she knew, just because Annalise was scared for her. After their numerous trips to the alien world and run in with , little else could scare her. The ranger managed to threat the needle, but the lack of knowledge hurt.

I don’t know what happened,” she sighed. “I can’t ever know what happened unless someone tells me. The only two people that can, won’t. I can’t share your desire for slaughter or argue against it, for better or worse, without anything to go off of.

June moved her hand to the Ranger’s and grabbed it tight. An anchor for herself, as her emotions threatened to tear her apart. Into more pieces than she already had been, broken and glued together.

Please. What happened, where you went, what I have to do to prepare myself in future– anything. Don’t talk about what happened itself, pretend you’re talking about a terrible car ride, or being stuck in a long line. Metaphors, you’re creative. Cause if I know what to do, then neither of us have to take the fall for the other.

I can’t almost lose you a third time. I don't think I'll survive.

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,531 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 5:35:29 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"you won't," she repeats, uncompromising, hissed through her teeth. can be stubborn on a lot of things, but not this. not with her. [break][break]she lapses into silence, the muscle in her jaw working as she grinds her teeth and measures her words. the hand that squeezes her gives her something else to focus on, the grip tight enough to distract her enough to speak. [break][break]"i don't need metaphors," she says dismissively, yet the words come out stilted like it's already becoming difficult to speak them. "i'll just tell you."[break][break]"i woke up in a jail cell with a rocket underboss. we were masked and had toxic chains around our necks."[break][break]her jaw shifts in the gap between her thoughts as the grinding continues. she need only blink and see the unpleasantly hot jail cell as if she's still there.[break][break]"our wardens were toxic chained pokemon and megalopolans. they made us polish tera crystals, beat us, brainwashed us — " her breath hitches and her heart begins to race, so she shies away from the thought. "we waited. we did terrible things to each other. but they kidnapped azelf, too, and somehow it freed us."[break][break]her voice sounds faraway in her ears. [break][break]"we had the chance to kill the people who tortured us."[break][break]she stares at some fixed point on her rug, a frayed fiber that she never noticed before. [break][break]"the other prisoners ... the other prisoners let them go. the pokemon that created the toxic chains. the megalopolan that kidnapped us. free to come back and do it all over again."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
540 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Let Me In [S]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 17:51:03 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
I’m…

June knew what would follow. What she’d say, and what wouldn’t make it better. Nothing would. “That sucks. Really.

That was all she had? ‘That sucks, really’?! Fuck, don’t fumble the ball now. If she did, then Annalise wouldn’t ever want to talk with her again. Certainly not with the important stuff. A loud rumble filled her throat as she cleared it.

But… thanks for sharing with me. It means a lot,” she said. That was better. “I don’t think I’ll understand the exact feelings, but… I can relate with the lack of control. Incredibly so.

Debt was much like a prison, minus the physical chains. Her own wardens were the bank, and her hellish work schedule the supposed tera crystals forced to be polished. A constant dread overhead, the guillotine that stood ready to kill at a moment’s notice.

But where they differed was important: June only had the one experience. This marked Annalise’s second of a traumatic experience. She couldn’t see the thousand-yard stare, nor the way she dissociated, but she knew the Ranger did. One of the ‘perks’ of sharing a similar experience.

Thus, Annalise might have been surprised as June shifted. Turned. Her bag came off her shoulder, and she ruffled around inside. Eventually, she found what she looked for, and–

The room exploded in red, blue, and black. A baker’s dozen of Fletchling emerged from June’s position and quickly scattered themselves amongst the room. None dared stray close to the Houndoom, yet some cheeky birds positioned themselves on bed posts. Chitter-chatter filled the room and drowned out everything else.

I don’t know if it helps you, but it helps me, when it hurts,” she said. June inched back closer to Annalise, an arm wrapped over her shoulder and pulling her in. “Makes it impossible to think, over the noise.

(Thirteen Fucking Fletchling)
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times