saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 9:09:03 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","retiredsilphbg"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphtxt"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphicon"]
the tension that once clung so heavily to them feels lighter, at least from his end, because he does not feel the insatiable desire to rip her head clean off her shoulders anymore. his mind is clear; his skin is healthy; all is well with the volatile.

"i appreciate you making the time to come see me."

his arcanine lays by his feet, its large paws crossed over one another to give the impression that it's a good boy and that it has respectable manners as opposed to its trainer who's talking with his mouth full, and while he does his best to angle his face away, there's only so much that can be done.

he holds up the other half of the sandwich that's still held in wrapping paper.

"hungry?"
[attr="class","retiredsilphtag"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphpkmn"]

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 21:02:48 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it's per his request. she hadn't wanted to. frustration and anger has festered for a very long time when recalling this man's face, but he is the reason they may lose everything. he is the reason why the odds have left their favor with taking back sootopolis.

if livy is to be believed, he gave away her home and now he's made sure it will stay gone.

but a throwaway line from the loose lips of his brother is what solidified the decision, but this is not a visit for a friend. the metal of her sygna suit glitters in the twilight. she takes up the steps, looking away from his full mouth and to the dog at his feet. 

"did livy and silph claim they're too busy?" she asks. surely he'd have gone to them before her. to the offered sandwich, she declines with a clipped, "i'm fine."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 4:09:48 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

"i wouldn't know." neither one of them had found it in them to see him since the incident; not that they can be faulted for it; cleaning up his mess must be exhausting. "i asked for you specifically."

with a shrug, he reaches down to offer the other half of the sandwich to his arcanine. it is accepted far too easily, saliva practically dripping as it lunges for it. he chuckles, wipes his drool-covered hand against his pants, then stands.

he turns to face her, backdropped by a serene lake and a mountain range.

"would you rather i had asked for them instead?"

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 5:17:33 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she arches a brow, granted an answer to the underlying question. she'd thought there was a chance; there aren't very many people who would leap at the opportunity to do anything but wipe the grime that is matias silph from the sole of their boot. 

behind him is a lake - the same lake eva was flung into during their domestic dispute? 

"it only makes me all the more curious of what you want," she says, lifting her chin, thin lines on her face showing only the slightest hint of her revulsion.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 5:46:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

the same lake was flung into; the same lake that almost became the grounds of a primordial battle between land and sky; the same lake that helped them purchase their home in the first place; a home he helped tore asunder.

"i want to do what i have always done."

before he lost his way, that is, but he has since found his way back. he could not have done it alone.

"i want you to end my suspension, freya, so that i can return to serve the league, hoenn, and its people."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 5:53:48 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

at first, she does not laugh, but as quickly as he elaborates does a short, barking snicker give him her answer. she will be the first person to tell you that people are redeemable, that no matter how far you fall, you can always rise again, but he's lost every right to her helping hand. 

and he has outlived his usefulness. 

"is that what you've always done?" she says. "served the league, hoenn, and its people? you should have asked penelope or fernando."

they might have entertained the idea, but she doesn't even waste her breath on the falsity he presents to her. she goes to make her way back down the stairs, past him, while she says, "no."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 6:01:39 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

such a reaction is expected and accounted for. but he is not . he does not have contingency after contingency in place as he cannot plan for every outcome. it simply isn't him, a man who prefers rolling with the punches, reliant on being able to react rather than predict.

"for the most part, yes."

he turns to follow her, stubborn as ever but for a far better cause this time. his arcanine follows out of instinct, stuck to him like his shadow.

"come on—at least give me the time of day and consider my request for a moment. i mean it when i say i want back."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 6:13:40 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and as she expects, because matias silph does not seem to comprehend the meaning of the word no, he follows. she takes another couple of steps and then turns abruptly on her heel, smiling up at him with a cruel, vicious smile. 

"oh, i know you mean it. of course you mean it. you want to be important. you wanted to be important so badly, you gave away sootopolis, you put your own desires over the league, consorted with the enemy, and killed your very best friend. and now, despite it all, you are still nothing.

"and it makes me very happy that you are nothing. you don't even have groudon to blame anymore. just you and your miserable self, matias silph, and i can think of nothing better than you rotting at the edge of the world while it forgets you.

"so, no."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 7:46:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

"it's not about being important."

but as he's met with jutsified vitriol, he can do more than listen, stopping himself from interjecting with defensive remarks that would only be taken as offensive. in a way, reminds him of ; both too stubborn to see heart behind his words.

and though his arcanine's snout pushes against the palm of his hand, he does not glance away from her, believing any reprieve to be unaffordable.

"why not?"

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 14:27:28 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"i can't tell if you're deaf, an imbecile, or an infant stuck in a thirty-something's body," she says, aghast. she plucks the ball nestled in her choker and tosses it to their left. 

lyune emerges with a hiss, quieted only with a curt sound of her own. the dragon settles, wings, now notably lacking the brace that once bound his right side, fold neatly against his back. 

"i'm the council's war strategist. the best place for you to improve our chances of succeeding is here, protecting this lonely plot of land, where you can't get in anyone's way. you were given countless chances to do the right thing and now it's time to own up to your failings."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 5:19:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

"with all due respect, me being stuck here may be what's best for you but it's definitely not what's best for hoenn."

he's a hypocrite for saying as much but he can't think of any other way to make his case.

"look, i get it, i have sinned and wronged more than anyone else. it's not fair that i'm still here, alive and well, while those more deserving have paid for it."

a click of his tongue brings him to his point.

"it's not even about redemption. you've removed me from the board entirely when me being on it tilts the scales in our favor."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 17:39:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"i don't make this decision for myself," she says with a laugh. "if anyone, anyone thought they needed you to help the region, they'd be here, asking you themselves. you're a liability and a traitor. brute strength, unhinged and unchecked like yours, will break the scale, not tip it in our favor, and i'm not playing with chance. not with people's lives."

her lips quirk. "you're right. it's not fair that you're here, but i'm not going to ease your guilty conscious. throw a tantrum if you want, but i will not be swayed. you've nothing to offer me.

"no means no."

she clicks her tongue too and lyune nears, sliding his head past her. she runs her hand along his rough scales and then fits one boot into the leather strappings of his saddle.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 10:50:52 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

but they have asked him. has asked him, and have asked him, and he's certain if he were to reach out to them now, they'd back him with the same faith and confidence they had once showed him.

he doesn't want to use any of them as a bargaining chip, however, because they deserve better. this other chip doesn't.

"but i do have something to offer."

as much as it pains him to even consider it, he'd approached the man months ago offering the same thing.

"his redemption for a chance at mine."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 22:02:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she curses him. she curses herself. she curses every damnable part of this, all with her lips in a thin line and her eyes boring holes into lyune's saddle. she is frozen, half hauled up his side, and then she hits the ground with a grunt. 

"and you would do that? vie for his pardon?" her eyes narrow. "admit to your hand in it? concede that you alienated him? tormented him?"

no, she doesn't believe that for a minute.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
return to grace
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 9:53:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

his answer comes after a moment of thought, "i would.

"i never tormented him but i'll admit i alienated him and turned people against him. it was easy to when that was what people wanted to believe in the first place."

he never imagined himself stepping into 's shoes but here he is, alienated from his allies and the region he has fought so hard for despite it not being his home.

"but i won't admit to being responsible for everything he's done since then. his betrayal was his choice and his alone."

hypocritically, the same can be said of matias and groudon.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing