awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 0:57:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she is not in her office. nor is she in ever grande's draciary. her new assistant, per tsubaki's departure, struggles with the weight of freya's inconsistent schedule, lacking communication, and her incessant desire to be anywhere but the four walls of her office. 

it's a good thing, then, that the training gym is just a few doors down from the councilwoman. sweat licks her skin, phone left on vibrate but tossed to the bottom of a gym bag in her locker. she's in her sygna suit; aeris watches her curiously from above, providing her with the energy to sustain it so that she may practice with the full functionality of the technology.

there's a sword in her hands and cuts in the wood of a training dummy; metal shavings litter the ground where she'd scored them away. 

we can take you whenever we want, freya. we can steal you and break you and make you and you can do nothing - a sharp snarl rips from her throat as she leaps; the blade unfolds and the quiver at her hip slides an arrow into her waiting palm, arrow thunking into the body before she hits the ground with a nimble tumble.

she frowns and stalks up to the dummy, grunting when she yanks the arrow free. "damn it."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 0:53:06 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Greyson had his own woes of frustration in trying to get ahold of the Councilwoman. It took some time, but eventually, he found her. No doubt wishing not to be disturbed, Greyson instead bypasses security, her assistant, and everyone else along the way.

Shadows ripple as reality bends and Greyson steps from the void. Atop his head, a Zorua munches gleefully on a berry, rewarded for her masterful ILLUSION.

"Not bad," he offers in compliment, eyes leveling on holes in the dummy left by Freya's arrow.

"Sword could use some work though."

[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]
[attr="class","pcruinsslot"]

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#cec8ef; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 22:09:35 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya startles when greyson emerges out of thin air, hilt twisting, but the jerking reflex halts before it can really amount to anything. she rolls her shoulders and frowns, glosses her knuckles over the hole she'd left behind. 

"bad shot. that would've hit rib." she sighs and agrees - "sword needs work too. still haven't practiced with it as much as i'd like to."

her thumb hits the clasp and she jerks her hand down. the leaves of the bow curl back in on each other to reform the blade. she tucks it against the curve of her arm, offering the hilt to him. 
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 3:55:23 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]He takes the hilt with a quirk of his lip, curiosity peaked at the unique weapon.

"Light." He swings it loosely a couple of times, eyes widening slightly. "Remarkably well-balanced, though no doubt a better fit for you than myself." He flips the blade and grabs it by the flat, avoiding the exceedingly sharp edges, handing it back to her by the hilt.

"If you need lessons you should probably speak to . I'm decent, but I suspect the Gym Leader is much better." A thin-lipped smile. "Otherwise I can show you a sort-of simulation I've created that I think would benefit you greatly."

"But, as you'd expect, that's not why I'm here."

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 4:26:08 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

" made it for me," she says with a nod; it's all she needs to say about the quality of the bow. all of her armor, her quiver, hell, most of her saddles are devon tech. 

"yeah? maybe i'll reach out." she tucks the information away for later and adds a mental scribble to her corkboard - she wants to meet with and see how he's settling into the new position. 

she grasps it and tucks it back into the scabbard. it slides with a satisfying shink. then she moves away, gathering arrows to tuck back into her quiver. 

"mm, i'm sure whatever it is, it'll mean having more practical targets to use," she says flatly, brushing her fingers against the scored marks in the metal dummy. it's not like the real thing at all. "i have some ideas, but narrow it down for me please."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 1:16:59 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Hopefully would appreciate the recommendation. The Gym Leader's League and Learn had been a blast and he was more than happy to pay back that recognition.

Nodding, Greyson moves in parallel to the Councilwoman. The point of his shoe twists out a scuff mark as the gears of his mind work. What came next was a risk but one that he needed to get to the bottom of.

"You sent to my home. Why?"

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 3:26:45 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"i told you," she says, drawing her hand back, placing it and her other one on her hips. "i don't want another matias situation. and to be quite frank, i don't have time to babysit another man.

"so i sent an errand boy."
she raises a brow. "granted, i didn't think he'd be callous enough to show up right to your front door."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 3:38:34 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Her candor pulls a chuckle from deep within' and the sound surprises even him.

"That's fair." No one wanted another Matias—him included.

"I'll make my stance clear then: If you have pressing concerns than approach me yourself. You owe me the respect of not sending an.. errand boy.

He sighs, wiping the slate of his apathetic irritation.

"But, not even that is why I'm here." As angry as it'd made him weeks ago, it was nothing to his current problem. "I need access to 's Solgaleo."

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 3:44:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"mm, okay," she acquiesces and his anger dwindles. imagine that, a conversation between two adults, dealt with professionally. maybe they won't have another matias on their hands after all.

"oh?" she says, brows shooting up. "that solgaleo is our key to combatting . i'm not about to lend it out for joyrides."

but that wouldn't be why he wants it. she tilts her head. "what do you want with it?"
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 3:50:06 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Mention of Necrozma's Avatar sends a jolt of lancing cold through his abdomen. It was directly where his scar was and he knew it was no coincidence.

" can handle Necrozma." It rubbed him raw to admit that he wasn't up to snuff to do battle with one of Rocket's elites. That was his job.

Yet..

"That's also why I want access. Kyle was able to completely negate the abilities of Avatars because of Solgaleo. I want to weaponize that."

He pauses.

"Or try to."

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 13:49:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her brows dip. 

"no," she says, "she can't. and that's not to say i don't believe that our alchemist is capable of extraordinary feats. zev was a monster before necrozma. a killer. illeana is not." she's no stranger to voilence, but from what and have told her, was one of the most dangerous people they knew, before the godship. 

if they could negate their powers consistently, without having to rely on one person, the odds could tip back in their favor. 

"i'm almost upset i didn't think of it first. how?"
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 15:03:57 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Greyson lifts a challenging brow.

"Matias has always been hot-headed but we'd be lying if we said Groudon's influence wasn't a huge sway in his radicalized personality. Is it too much of a reach to assume Palkia's would be any different? Don't forget she was on probation for murdering those Sea Hoenn members that made an incursion into our world and that was before the Avatarship."

It was also part of the reason he wanted to head down this route. A weapon was only good if the damage it inflicted could he pointed, or more importantly, contained if it couldn't.

"As to your question though? I don't know." Honesty in a project like this was paramount. "There's a couple of experts I want to consult--those well versed in genetics and ultra space to name a few--but I believe we have a solid chance."

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 4:09:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"wayward murder and the boon of a god doesn't give her years of experience being a contract killer," she says back, still incredulous. illeana has never been a fighter at the core of the word itself. she has quick wit and an inclination towards strategic defensive maneuvers, but the efficiency of a ruthless assassin?

regardless, she cares little about the topic of conversation, and the frustrated quirk of her lips hopefully conveys that she's done beating around that bush. 

she considers the plan and, while appreciative of the honesty, is disappointed by the lack of substance. he talks of theories and abstractions, but she wants the tangible. she wants something she can hold in her hands. 

a blink. 

then she squats down and messes with her quiver, pressing a couple of buttons. one of the arrows deposits into her hand, its tip a bright pink. she stands, shows it to him, and gently nicks the side of her thumb. 

a red line appears after a moment, but with a pinch of the arrowhead and soft waves of pink waft between herself and greyson. 

"i know of two people who can harness and distill some pokemon's movesets into finite use cases like this."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 13:23:37 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]He understood her point well enough. The spirit of the message and not the literal message itself.

"Regardless, I speak more to their Legendaries than the human elements. That can be handled much easier, I'm sure."

He watches as Freya busies herself with the tip of an arrow, silence settling as he recognizes a woman deep in thought.

"If you have the name of someone that could help, I'm all ears. But, we need to make sure the people we recruit are vetted carefully. If Rocket finds out about this then it'll all be for naught."

Each person brought on would only have a piece of the greater whole. Only a select few could have the big picture.

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
when stars begin to burn
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 15:03:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her tongue holds. she stares down at the arrowhead. wouldn't betray her, not like that. she doesn't want anything to do with rocket and she sure as hell wouldn't put freya in a position with something of this magnitude. 

and alex - 

a hard line creases her lips. they're stable again, but she knows they're still on opposing sides. he bet against her once, bet against fernando. helped elisabeth too.

could he be trusted not to tell her if it meant taking an advantage away from his enemy?

she stalls. "let me do some digging. besides, you'll need to figure out if this is all possible anyway. write up an official request and send it to tsu - send it to me. i'll make sure it's taken care of."
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing