538 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 5:55:29 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Somehow, they'd ended up back in Annalise's Ranger office. June wasn't sure how-- but yet again, every second after the encounter inside the alien world felt strange. Like she'd been trapped in the Trick Room and unable to escape its reality-altering clutches. Everything hurt, and in the bad way. Physically, she still shivered and felt cold.

Mentally, she felt tired and ready to curl in in a cave to never awaken.

But as soon as the door had been closed, locked, and the curtains drawn, June released the Regieleki. It took up most the comfortable space and left the small room with a permanent charged feeling. Hairs stood on end, and every touch with metal sent a pinpoint shock up their nerves. All it did was sit there, moving to some invisible beat with whatever space allowed it. 

June couldn't tear here eyes away from it. All it stood for. All it wasn't. What it couldn't do for her. 

"What now?" Her voice barely rose above the air conditioner, a hollow hoarse husk of the once energetic girl that entered the Power Plant. She'd planted herself in one of the chairs, and shoved herself into the corner. It wasn't that she didn't want to be next to Annalise, but...

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 7:10:46 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ambrosia annal"]
[attr="class","amilkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","textbox"]
her office feels like the safest place to bring june. [break][break]it's private, sequestered deep within mauville's ranger headquarters. that rocket would have to get through too many rangers to chase them here. she locks the door, then moves to shutter the windows behind the blinds, then she feels the last of her adrenaline finally deplete. [break][break]june releases regieleki and the room floods with warm, blinding light. annalise says nothing, averting her eyes from the legendary pokemon and finding her seat. she sinks into her chair, squinting at the other woman from across her desk. she's pushed her own chair further into the corner, face turned to stare at her quarry. [break][break]"now you rest," annalise counsels, frowning at how small june's voice sounds now. "and stop staring directly at regieleki like that — you're going to hurt your eyes."
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

[newclass=".annal"]--accent:#FFB546; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .ambrosia .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .ambrosia .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:500; } .ambrosia .textbox a { font:600 13px/13px 'Poppins'!important; } .ambrosia .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .ambrosia .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .ambrosia .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .ambrosia .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .ambrosia .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".amilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .amilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .amilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .bottom"] height: 45px;background-color: #272727;border-top: 1px solid #333;background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png);background-size: cover;background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: bottom right;display: flex;flex-direction: row-reverse;flex-wrap: wrap;justify-content: space-between;align-content: center;align-items: center;padding: 0px 0px 0px 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .tagline"] color:var(--accent); font:12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ambrosia .tagline span { color: var(--accent); font:500 11px 'Poppins'; background: #222; padding: 2px 10px; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #333 } .ambrosia .tagline a { font:500 11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .oocnotes"] letter-spacing: 0.5px;margin-bottom: -20px;display: flex;column-gap: 10px; margin-top: 10px; align-content: center;flex-direction: row;flex-wrap: nowrap;align-items: center; } .ambrosia .oocnotes i { font-size:16px; } .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/10px 'Poppins'!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .nametag"] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; } .ambrosia .nametag a { font:600 15px/13px 'Poppins'!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
Swallow the Heart and Kill the Senses
awards
538 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 18:24:44 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
It’s impossible to. She can’t find the strength, the will. Why would she want to, anyway? This was a tool to be utilized, not a creature to befriend or a challenge to overcome.

Whenever I was doing research in the library,” she sighed and did as Annalise instructed, her head turned to look at the legs of her desk, “whatever crumbs I could find on Eleki, it was described as a protector. Made to help the people. Defend it from a threat.

Howard’s words still rang in her head, a threat and a promise of what was to come. “But I never cared. It was my ticket out of the past, Annalise. Live on, and feel like he was still with me.

But… he’s gone,” she said. “He’s dead. I won’t ever see him again. And I’m stuck with this… thing. Instead.

I don’t want it, Annalise,” she finally looked at the ranger. “If I could go back in time, with what I know now… I’d given up and let it rot in there.

Sleep won’t help me anyway– I’d just lay in bed thinking about what the hell I do now, with a target on my back from both sides,” she said. Annalise would likely recommend she align herself with the League, but that’d get Rocket on her ass.

And if she didn’t, then they’d try to rope her in too. No matter which way she looked, there was no way she could hide Regieleki forever. Sooner or later, someone would find out. “How I move on. Without him. He always knew what to do...

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 23:11:28 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

june does her the courtesy of averting her eyes from the living lightbulb floating in the corner of her office. her eyes are transfixed somewhere on the ground as she talks about her studies in the library, then her regrets. it surprises annalise — regieleki, everything june wanted, now reduced to a thing better left rotting in ultra plant. [break][break]"you can't go back in time, june," annalise says softly, familiar with that desire. if she could turn back the hands on the clock, if she could fork the timeline that brought her life to this fixed point, she would. "and we can't undo what you've done, so all we can do is figure out the future."[break][break]she sucks in a deep breath, leaning onto her forearms on her desk, bringing her marginally closer to the girl tucked away in her chair. [break][break]"if you don't want it, give it to me." there's nothing grasping about her tone, just the pragmatism of a ranger captain. "i'll give it to the league and write a report. that rocket we ran into will see it and that'll be the end of it. no more worries about a target being on your back."[break][break]regieleki can't be released back into ultra plant, not now that rocket knows there is a possibility that it can be captured through regular means. [break][break]"it's all gonna work out."
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

[newclass=".ambrosia"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .ambrosia .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .ambrosia .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:500; } .ambrosia .textbox a { font:600 13px/13px 'Poppins'!important; } .ambrosia .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .ambrosia .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .ambrosia .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .ambrosia .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .ambrosia .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".amilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .amilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .amilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .bottom"] height: 45px;background-color: #272727;border-top: 1px solid #333;background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png);background-size: cover;background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: bottom right;display: flex;flex-direction: row-reverse;flex-wrap: wrap;justify-content: space-between;align-content: center;align-items: center;padding: 0px 0px 0px 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .tagline"] color:var(--accent); font:12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ambrosia .tagline span { color: var(--accent); font:500 11px 'Poppins'; background: #222; padding: 2px 10px; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #333 } .ambrosia .tagline a { font:500 11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .oocnotes"] letter-spacing: 0.5px;margin-bottom: -20px;display: flex;column-gap: 10px; margin-top: 10px; align-content: center;flex-direction: row;flex-wrap: nowrap;align-items: center; } .ambrosia .oocnotes i { font-size:16px; } .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/10px 'Poppins'!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .nametag"] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; } .ambrosia .nametag a { font:600 15px/13px 'Poppins'!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
538 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 1:42:06 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
"No."

As soon as Annalise finished speaking, June's posture pivoted. No longer slouched, but on full alert. Ready to fight for the thing she had just claimed to no longer want. "I'd rather find a way to deactivate it than let the League have it."

As the Ranger to the Amnesty program, the delivery girl to the government. A thing that could never be good. Never have merit. For reasons deeply personal. It was just another resource, but it wasn't one she wanted in anyones hands. No one but hers. Which, of course, returned back to the original conundrum. 

A vicious cycle, with no good answer in sight.

"Not gonna let them do whatever they want with something I caught-- even if I don't want it," she slumped back into the chair. It wasn't a conversation she wanted to have, because they both knew how it'd end. "It's just a tool ancient Hoenn used for defense, but it's still just as capable. They'd wipe out a city learning that the hard way. And whoever did it would get probation and a slap on the wrist."

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 20:52:30 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

the air already feels electric from regieleki's presence, but it grows thick and tense like there's an approaching thunderstorm at june's no. a moment ago, she had denigrated and rejected the golem, but the power of suggestion rips the veil off of her feelings. june wants regieleki, at least in the way a child refuses to share a toy. [break][break]"you just said regieleki was made to help people," annalise challenges, pushing against the notion of powering down the legendary pokemon. [break][break]"and the league has smart people in it — " the dig at , inadvertent as it is, bothers her more than it should. " — scientists, archeologists, vets, whatever. there's protocols and safeguards against that type of thing."[break][break]"plus, what do you think team rocket will do if they get it instead? wiping out a city is their goal."
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
538 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2024 5:15:33 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Yeah, show me all the written protocols on what to do when Regieleki gets out of the Power Plant and happens to fry everything between Pacifidlog and Sootopolis,” June scowled. There weren’t protocols for this, and they both knew it. Maybe in a few months time, but it’d be too late by then.

And yea, duh, Rocket would do that,” she said. “League’s just not as open about it– I bet there’s a line where Sootopolis gets chalked up as a necessary casualty. A lost cause.

They’d try to save as many as possible, but eventually, they’d have to damn a few hundred souls for ‘the good of the nation’. Repave, rebuild, remember. Then, forget. Time was a flat circle, and history was built atop the graves of the losers. Lost to time, good or bad.

But it’s not relevant– I’m not letting the League or Rocket use Eleki. Case closed, you can sleep peacefully now, or whatever,” she sank further into herself. This wasn’t a conversation she wanted to have with one of the only people who knew her ‘secret’. Tomorrow maybe, or in a week.

Not now. “So… what now? Not sleeping, not giving it away. What else?

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2024 5:43:24 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]
"the league can respond faster than you or i can," annalise says, deflecting. she doesn't know if there's a precedent for such written protocols to already exist, nor would she be privy to them now that she has fallen so far down the ladder. but june doesn't know when to quit — she never has. a muscle in her jaw works as june blurs the line between league and rocket. [break][break]"if that was the case, we would've attacked sootopolis already," she argues, frustration bleeding from the sharp edges of her words. "the league and team rocket are not the same. one's a fucking terrorist organization that's occupying kanto and is trying to occupy hoenn." [break][break]annalise holds little love for the league as it stands as a bureacratic system, but it represents more than just the government. as long as it stands in opposition of team rocket and the other forces at play, the league is hoenn. [break][break]the tense look on her face is a warning, much like the bright colors of a venomous pokemon. the topic of team rocket clouds her discretion. [break][break]"if you're keeping regieleki, you need to prepare yourself." the words come out measured, like she's biting back her prior anger. had spoken an unfortunate truth. there's no capturing a god and living a simple, unencumbered existence in some faraway town. "people are going to come looking for you. not just the rocket who wanted it in the first place, but people who aren't even from this dimension. you need to educate yourself and be vigilant."
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
538 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 20:13:21 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Now you sound crazy, June kept in the back of her mind. The words never left her mouth, for better or worse. Better, because she’d rather not go down that rabbit hole again– like they’d nearly done the second-to-last trip into the Power Plant. Worse, because… she sounded crazy. Insane.

Just like . And her thoughts hadn’t magically changed since that meeting either. “Don’t care. Can’t prepare against something no one knows how to beat.

Even if they did, what was she to do? June was just a civilian. Sure, one with a very ancient and powerful being in her back pocket, but… what changed? “Besides, Eleki was for some ancient threat no one remembers. Must’ve been taken care of. Now, it’s just a power source. A remnant of something long gone.

Civilization, a different time, a threat vanquished– none of them no longer relevant. Just history. “Beatable. Better going off for all those actually powerful gods. Not just the equivalent of some power tool…

Even with a Regieleki, those that existed outside their realm wouldn’t be interested in her. Only ones that were was Annalise, Howard, and the banks.

Banks. Fuck. Her eyes widened, and she yanked her phone from her pocket. Did she make her payments? She can’t miss those, but she’d been blindsided by the entire world in the last few weeks. Made her forget. Worse interest would only make this day more miserable than it already was.

If her sudden frustration was one thing, the sudden panic was a whole different beast. All her attention was sucked into the electronic rectangle. “Fuck, fuck…

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2024 7:12:53 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]
annalise takes a deep breath because doing anything else serves only to ignite the oil spill that june's "don't care" has spilled into her office. [break][break]"you can't beat a tornado, but you still prepare for it. you don't go and run outside and get sucked up into it, do you?" she lifts her hand for effect. "no, you take steps to avoid that."[break][break]there's no disguising the frustrated note her metaphor ends on. [break][break]"the drk triad doesn't seem to care about legendary pokemon until they're brought here into hoenn," annalise says, tapping her finger against her desk. "and you brought regieleki into hoenn."[break][break]"so you will care."[break][break]it's not annalise's wishful desires for june's future, it's a command. [break][break]"i'm not gonna let you end up like and her moltres."[break][break]june doesn't seem to be paying attention to her anymore, her head bowed toward the phone in her hand. annalise narrows her eyes. [break][break]"hello? are you listening? this is actually important."
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
538 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2024 19:55:39 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Yea, yea,” June scrolled aggressively down. Today was… and yesterday was… so that meant that…

Fuck!

Her phone flew through the air, straight across the room. It slammed into the wall, a fresh spider web briefly shown before it flopped onto the carpet. The heavyweight that’d always been there suddenly felt real. Very, very real.

Suffocating, almost.

She hadn’t missed the last payment. She’d missed the last two payments. One step away from being pushed off a cliff. Bankruptcy. They’d take her apartment, her business, her assets.

Dad’s bike.

Then her senses returned. The awful glow of Regieleki. Annalise’s frustration, palpable in the small enclosed office. The cold air conditioner, the electric charge upon her skin, the smell of failure, and everything the Ranger had forcibly told her. Commanded, even. While she worried about threats beyond their world, June tried to ignore her.

Annalise… I’m sorry, really,” she burrowed her head in her hands and balled up to hide from the world. The debt. “I know you’re being helpful. I’m sorry if you feel like you’re talking to a brick wall sometimes. I’m grateful for you. I don’t think I could’ve done any of this without you.

But I can’t… I can’t do it,” she said. “If I have to worry about another thing right now when I’m already drowning? I’ll go off the deep end. Seriously, I’m at my wit's end here. I’m sorry.

Her chest heaved against the metaphorical weight of a mountain and against the pressure from the bottom of the sea. “I’ve got a target on my back from the League and Rocket, a dead Dad that I can’t get over, and a million dollars in debt– and two missed payments! Two!

Unfortunately, her words only registered in her mind after the painful silence that followed. She balled up tighter, now with one more thing on her mind: Annalise. She knew her secret. The baggage. The shame. The regret. Dark words escaped past her lips, but none of them coherent or legible. 

t5ZGqqez

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2024 22:17:58 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

annalise's shoulders jolt at june's sudden scream. her phone sails through the air, slams against the wall, then hits the carpet. a stunned silence fills the room in the wake of her outburst. annalise stares wide-eyed from her desk, a million emotions and thoughts running across her face in those precious seconds. [break][break]should she give into the reflexive, startled anger that sparks in her chest?[break][break]should she get out of her chair and try to comfort the barbed figure sitting across the room from her?[break][break]she chooses neither, paralyzed by indecision. [break][break]june recovers first, enough to apologize, enough to collapse beneath the weight of everything. the conflict in hoenn, her dad, her —[break][break]"a million dollars?" she repeats, hoping she misheard. how does a girl like june go a million pokedollars into debt? her brow furrows, steeling herself to find out about some secret gambling addiction. [break][break]"wh... how?" she takes a breath, ill-equipped to teach someone so deep down in debt about financial literacy. "you can't unmiss the last two payments but — you can get back on track this month."
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
538 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2024 20:57:24 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
“... That’s not the problem,” she finally said. “When Dad… died. A week or two after, the Game Corner came to our– my house. Said I inherited outstanding debt. Shut the door in their faces. An hour later, some cops dragged me down to the courthouse and made me listen to all the ways I was fucked. Dad had bet everything there. The shop, the house, all my savings…

It’d hurt more than his death. Not only to hear that he was gone, but that she had to figure out the hidden mess she’d been uninformed of. Easy enough when you locked your heart away and stood apathetic to the problems in front of you.

But as she peeked her head out of the cave, she remembered why she hadn’t wanted to leave in the first place.

It’s why I got so upset that one time in the Power Plant,” she explained. When she’d lashed out and clammed up for no reason. “And it’s why my career opportunities were what they were. Didn’t have the money myself, and I already had to take out several loans from three different banks. Had to pick something with a low initial investment.

I already have a DRK Triad, Annalise,” she unburrowed her head to return the ranger's stare, eyes hollow and face empty. “The track is the bottom of the ninth, and two setbacks are two strikes. One more, and…

What was the threat of total annihilation when it already existed? Outer-world threats couldn’t hold a candle to debt-collection agencies. They stood at the ready, waiting for the exact moment she slipped to swoop down and go for the kill.

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2024 2:06:42 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

oh. [break][break]her dad.[break][break]
the incredulous look on her face dissipates like smoke persuaded away by the wave of a hand. this isn't a case of june drowning in the waters of her own mistakes, but rather thrust into someone else's. annalise can't imagine the stress she's under any better than she can imagine a plan to get her out. she could help, she thinks, but not the sparkling million pokedollar help that would clear her debt completely. [break][break]"there won't be a third," annalise cuts in, resolute in her tone. debt is not her drk triad. debt is nothing. june will figure that out eventually. [break][break]"how much?" she asks. "how much to get you current on your payments? i'll pay it."[break][break]she knows it's not easy to accept help, so she follows up quickly before silence can permeate the lapse in conversation. [break][break]"pretend it's an advance if you want."[break][break]it's like a bandaid over a bullet hole, but financial triage will have to be enough until annalise figures something else out. something more permanent, like the handwaving of at least some of that monstrous debt.
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
538 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
What Now? [S]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2024 6:25:40 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
You’re not paying for me, Annalise,” June said, her voice almost identical to Annalise’s in tone. “I have the money for it. I just didn’t pay.

Besides, it’s my debt. Not yours. I have to do this,” she leaned back in the chair. A million dollars. Incomprehensible. Impossible to picture in her mind. But it was hers, and hers alone. No one else could help her. She wouldn’t allow it. She had to be strong, capable. If something like this was out of her abilities…

Then why even bother?

I don’t need help with it– just need you to keep giving me work,” she said. “Even… even though our time in the alien world is over. And you have little reason to keep me around, now.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing