Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
831 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2024 18:22:57 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

The warehouse was the perfect place to practice estimating electrical needs and producing it. Many Rockets were tasked with practicing this battery fulfillment. She had the perfect pokemon, Xurkitree, but he kept failing to hold back. He had exploded several batteries which were sitting in a sad corner. There were hundreds left to practice on, but she was quickly losing patience. "At this rate, I will need a weaker pokemon." Downgrading for the war effort was going to be bad in many ways.

TAGS – [break]

NOTES – HAYWIRE GENERATOR (COC)[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Jiro
he / him / his
thirty
february 11
Celadon, Kanto
何?
[redacted]
grunt
(゚ペ)
5’7 height
5’7 height
お前はもう死んでいる
awards
173 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jiro
Kenjiro Yamada
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 17:06:11 GMT
Kenjiro Yamada Avatar

So he’d come into possession of a particular Pokémon, however there was one problem:

Why did they keep on popping like a fuse just about ready to explode? What the fuck was up with their electrical output, why was it literally blasting off the charts?

He’d heard that there was a fellow associate who was looking for some assistance with getting some batteries charged. Since he wasn’t doing anything at the moment, he figured to join them to see just what was going on.

(And he took the mental note to bring along some Electric-types as well as a Ground-type in case things went south.)

Once he found the warehouse, he would slip inside quietly, silent as a ghost. He would announce his presence once he was close enough, noticing a familiar-looking set of ‘feet’ that then took up a substantial part of the warehouse proper.

“They’re too powerful if I’m not mistaken,” he would quietly say her way.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
831 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 17:34:50 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She couldn't help but the smile of amusement at the sight of a second Xurkitree. They'd had the same idea, it seemed.[break][break]

"I have come to the same conclusion." She was less excited about that aspect. It was a good thing to have powerful pokemon like Xurkitree, but it seemed to be hindering them. "Perhaps, if we load all of the batteries up, the electrical charge will split. There's plenty of conductive wire here." Electric energy and related physics were not her field of study, but she suspected that putting them together and linking them would create a larger capacity which could, in turn, take the higher immediate charge.

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Jiro
he / him / his
thirty
february 11
Celadon, Kanto
何?
[redacted]
grunt
(゚ペ)
5’7 height
5’7 height
お前はもう死んでいる
awards
173 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jiro
Kenjiro Yamada
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 17:44:26 GMT
Kenjiro Yamada Avatar

The sciences weren’t his field of expertise, either—however common sense was something he had a substantial amount of, considering the situation they were currently in.

A lingering smell of burnt wiring hung in the air, and he then realized that if they did what she’d suggested then—

“I would advise against that,” he continued. “There may be a lot of empty batteries, yes, but. What if the energy output is too much? There’s a faint smell of something burnt in the air in case you missed it. Batteries plus these, plus the energy they can produce when overloaded…”

He trailed off, looking at the empty battery husks that had been stockpiled around the area.

“Either we end up with one of the biggest flashbang grenades Slateport will see, or we get blasted into tiny little bits they might not find anything of us to scrape off the ground in the aftermath.”

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
831 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 17:48:21 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena couldn't fight the laugh at his imagery. A flash bang would be something. But she had no emotional attachment to her pitch, so she was open to other ideas. "What is your plan, then?" She was happy to pursue something else, but she had only brought Xurkitree for the deed. She had many pokemon, but electric ones were in short supply. She preferred to attack at a distance with a psychic type and hadn't had enough time to stock up on pokemon that cover other typings.

TAGS [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Jiro
he / him / his
thirty
february 11
Celadon, Kanto
何?
[redacted]
grunt
(゚ペ)
5’7 height
5’7 height
お前はもう死んでいる
awards
173 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jiro
Kenjiro Yamada
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 17:59:26 GMT
Kenjiro Yamada Avatar

“Thankfully, I brought along other Electric-type Pokémon I have lying around, so we can safely test just how much these batteries can take before they start smelling like burned rubber.”

With that, he would produce a Lanturn and a Luxio; the electric charge on their respective scales and fur crackling off them the moment they emerged from their respective beams of red light.

“And just in case, as a safety precaution I also have a Ground-type with me in case things go south when it gets out of hand.”

A Larvitar would appear after that statement.

“Admittedly, a little flawed since I had the belated realization that we need the Lightning Rod ability, but beggars can’t be choosers.”

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
831 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 18:04:25 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

He came prepared. "What a good crew you have there." She liked his idea about the lightning rod ability. She supposed they could use Xurkitree and its wire body to more easily transmit electricity from the pokemon to the batteries without worrying about accuracy or about the impact of the attack damaging the battery before it can absorb the electricity, but she also wanted to see what conclusion Jiro would draw. "I guess we will have to see how the batteries fare, hm?" She was certainly interested. [break][break]

Since she had little to offer with her too-powerful pokemon, she'd have to settle the score by taking him and his pokemon out for dinner. Well, if he was successful.

TAGS [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Jiro
he / him / his
thirty
february 11
Celadon, Kanto
何?
[redacted]
grunt
(゚ペ)
5’7 height
5’7 height
お前はもう死んでいる
awards
173 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jiro
Kenjiro Yamada
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 18:09:48 GMT
Kenjiro Yamada Avatar

His own Xurkitree would lumber off somewhere, the stench of electrical burns making them a little antsy—however they couldn’t take their attention off from the other fellow Xurkitree that was also present.

Two amalgamations of wires that literally were living electricity with every step that they took.

(And threatened to cause more than just a localized blackout when pushed too far.)

“…we’d need a Rhyhorn if we’re going to go into extended testing, I know that Pokémon line has Lightning Rod as their ability plus they’re also Ground-type so they’re safe from whatever… whatever electrical explosions they’d cause, he would tilt his head in their Xurkitree’s direction.

He would then remember something else—something very important.

“Do you have any rubber gloves with you?”

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
831 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 18:12:52 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Rubber gloves? [break][break]

It was a saving grace she had brought them in light of the activities planned for tonight. She was a risk-taker when it came to her pokemon, sure, but she wasn't going to handle Xurkitree-charged batteries without any PPE. "I am not sure I like where this going," she said with more amusement than hesitation. She put the gloves on. [break][break]

"So, you do want to use the Xurkitree? As connectors?" Had he come to the same conclusion?

TAGS [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Jiro
he / him / his
thirty
february 11
Celadon, Kanto
何?
[redacted]
grunt
(゚ペ)
5’7 height
5’7 height
お前はもう死んでいる
awards
173 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jiro
Kenjiro Yamada
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2024 3:57:35 GMT
Kenjiro Yamada Avatar

“You’re thinking too far ahead,” he would reassure her.

“We’ll be charging the batteries using my other Electric-types first, without their interference,” he would clarify as he urged the Lanturn and the Luxio closer to the connector wires.

“Knowing how much natural electricity our living wire cables pack, it’s very possible that they might die from the overload if we used them as connectors this early,” he added as the two Pokémon approached.

“Because who knows? Maybe we can use them for charging bigger energy sources if these batteries capacity is too small to safely take their electrical charge,” he went on as he tilted his head towards where their two Xurkitree were currently… humming. Or at the very least his was, he had no idea what hers was doing.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
831 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 16:15:34 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Well, I am glad one of us was prepared. I was confident one Xurkitree could do the job of five people. I would have brought some other electric type if I had considered this possibility." Really, an excess of power was such a terrible inconvenience. But they both had people to answer to. It was important to get these charged for the war effort. Excuses would not be tolerated. "Let us see what your team can do." She stood at an appropriate distance.

TAGS [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Jiro
he / him / his
thirty
february 11
Celadon, Kanto
何?
[redacted]
grunt
(゚ペ)
5’7 height
5’7 height
お前はもう死んでいる
awards
173 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jiro
Kenjiro Yamada
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 4:04:03 GMT
Kenjiro Yamada Avatar

He wasn’t dumb or stupid enough to handle the situation without proper protection, so making sure he had no metal whatsoever on his person, he would remove any metallic articles he had on his person—namely, all of those hidden knives he carried on his person, and piled them off to one side before getting an extra pair of rubber gloves and slipping them on.

“Surely, they will work to your satisfaction,” he would reply back before hooking up the Luxio and the Lanturn to the wires that had already been strung up to the pile of batteries that had not yet been used.

Once the two Pokémon were secure, he would then back away a safe distance, and then whistle exactly once—the cue for the Electric-types to start discharging their excess, pent-up electricity naturally. No specific attacks yet, because who knew how those wires would react.

7L9mYwOv
just to see how this harebrained strategy goes

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
831 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 15:54:31 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She saw an aberration of a spark, the warning portent before disaster. "Get back!" She shuffled away from the battery nonsense, but her Xurkitree came close at the sound of her distress. It generated an electric terrain. The pulsing electricity spread the excess energy from the batteries over a greater distance, but still, they could see small explosions of electricity from where batteries burst. Odd white powder puffed up from several of them from the small explosions, mitigated by the terrain but still crackling from excess energy. [break][break]

"When the terrain ends, I think the full battery pile is going to explode." It could bomb the warehouse in just a moment. "I am taking my leave... we can blame this one on League interference." She had no interest in being in the same town as the warehouse by the time it went off.

TAGS [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Jiro
he / him / his
thirty
february 11
Celadon, Kanto
何?
[redacted]
grunt
(゚ペ)
5’7 height
5’7 height
お前はもう死んでいる
awards
173 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jiro
Kenjiro Yamada
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2024 20:52:43 GMT
Kenjiro Yamada Avatar

He didn’t need telling twice—the moment the sparking electricity began rising from his Pokémon, and the stench of electrical burns permeated the air—his own Xurkitree would come rumbling over and lay down a second Electric Terrain as well; an attempt to dampen further the effects of the overloading wires…

…or were they just delaying the inevitable?

He would then recall his other Pokémon with this unreadable look on his face while he recovered the knives he’d stripped down and out from in order to get done what needed to be done earlier. The Xurkitree, however, would amble over to where he stood, waiting.

“Keep that terrain up until we’re out of the warehouse. Follow us, but make it quick,” he would instruct his own strange Ultra Beast, who would tilt their head his way.

“We can definitely do that—did you make sure to use batteries that can be traced back to the League’s stockpile when they come nosing around?” he would confirm as he joined the quick getaway.

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
crossed wires [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 3:18:37 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven