june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
critical mass of hearts and minds
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
there's a pretty big twist at the end. i doubt you'll like it.
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
ULTRA PLANT #2: YUJIN & GWYAR
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2024 17:46:28 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar

ULTRA PLANT #2

YUJIN & GWYAR

PREVIOUSLY: ULTRA PLANT #1

SELECTED PROMPT #s:
16 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base.
20 encounter and survive an electrical storm, a far more dangerous version of a lightning storm that involves even more electricity.
13 engage a massive shard of a regieleki that had its original form displaced here by an unknown force.
24 encounter a crashed spacecraft that has been overwhelmed by xurkitree wiring; inside, thick black cords obscure rooms, stairs, and more.
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2024 18:13:22 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

A distortion: perhaps the violation of some immutable law of the land, or the ire of the force of unnature they had fled from.[break][break]

They warp into an expanse of dark, desolate desert. The only thing that guides them now is the blue backlight of energy sources against the horizon and the whimsy of stars in the night sky—to be seen clearly for the first time.[break][break]

Yujin is already scrolling through her PDA with a stylus.[break][break]

“What a conundrum,” she says with a grin for some reason. “We’re several kilometers off base. Used to be over there.” She points with the stylus like a magic wand. Needless to say the portal they had used was also in the same direction, along with the faint whiff of burning plastic in the desert breeze.[break][break]

“You have a steed, yes?” He was knightly. She’d shoot her own foot before believing he didn’t have at least some type of equestrian pokemon on hand. “I’ve got a few fliers for the distance, though I wonder about any lightning.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".yujin"]--accent:#366bcb; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .yujin blockquote b { font-size:13px!important } .yujin blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Officer / Gym Leader / INTERPOL
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
I've known you for a lifetime.
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,429 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2024 19:33:42 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

"Indeed. Some would even consider that a bad thing." He said wryly, raising a brow at his partner's smile.

He turned to face the same direction as her stylus, not even bothering to squint at the dark distance. He glanced over at Gawain, watching the surly curl of the Gallade's lip.

"We weren't acquainted with the location; it is to be expected." He said simply, smiling at the Gallade before returning him to his luxury ball. "Rest for now."

Turning back to his companion, he stared at her silently, slowly pursing his lips before reaching for another Luxury ball. "... Indeed I do." He squinted at her, smiling. "How did you figure?"

Not on the back of a pokemon, at any rate.

He released his Spectrier, the legendary steed's hooves landing silently on the dark, rocky soil.

"Let's go." Gwyar said, patting Spectrier's side gently. "Best to put as much distance between that thing and us."

Spectrier was terribly swift— but not as as much as that Regieleki had been. Hopefully, however, it would be able to triumph over long distances.

TL;DR:

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2024 20:49:06 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

She raises her eyebrows.[break][break]

“And I thought you were too good to show off~”[break][break]

The klefki is swapped out for a noivern and together they ascend to a low altitude so as to not tempt the inclinations of the Ultra Plant. [break][break]

Yujin ushers them in the direction of what she believes is another portal, but strong winds and whipping sands fight them across the dunes and crags.[break][break]

It is when her noivern’s fur begins to prickle with static does she have the creature dip down and glide close to Gwyar and his dark horse.[break][break]

“Unfortunately, the storm is following us.” A glance is thrown at its yellow-electric center, raised and riding over from their original location. “Contact in sixteen minutes.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".yujin"]--accent:#366bcb; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .yujin blockquote b { font-size:13px!important } .yujin blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,429 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2024 0:43:19 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

He raised his eyebrow back, genuinely confused.

"What?"

She would soon find that he hadn't chosen the horse just to show off.

As they cross the thunderous plains, he kept occasionally turning his gaze skyward, both to check on his companion and on the weather above.

It wasn't long before she rejoined him closer to earth— with some ill news, to boot.

"Is it our friend?" He asked dryly, glancing back over his shoulder. He clicked his tongue. "We'll never be able to make camp under these conditions."

If that thing insisted on giving them chase, they would have to either abort their mission... or take care of it.

Neither sounded great.

"Haaah..." The blonde sighed, shaking his head before turning his eyes to Yujin. "Did you spot anything promising from up above?"

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2024 3:17:03 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

“A very clingy friend,” she tuts. “Yes, there’s a long ravine coming up; many places to hide, but bad if we get cornered. Well… we could try an ambush too.”[break][break]

In the worst case they would likely have to repeat the teleport—and who knows where they would reappear next.[break][break]

With little choice other than to keep moving in the opposite direction of the storm, they soon arrive at the top of the ravine. Strange little trails zigzag down the cliff faces, dark igneous rock against the occasional flash of lightning in the sky.[break][break]

Her noivern walks up to the edge and emits a wave of sound into the depths, listening for the return.[break][break]

“My, my. Seven minutes left.” She smiles. Such accuracy continues to be a mystery.

16 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,429 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2024 3:36:21 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

ULTRA PLANT #2: YG

ft.

"Indeed. Perhaps a lesson in boundaries is in order."

The blonde stared at the storm as the dragon's cry reverberated into the chasm, eyes narrowing.

"You may have been on to something." He said simply, eyes narrowed at the yellow core flashing in the center of the living storm. "My patience for circumstances such as these is very limited."

He was a fighter at heart, and for better or worse, a confident one at that.

He turned his gaze back to Yujin, smiling as ever.

"Let's set up an ambush." He said simply, before his equine took a leap into the chasm, it's hooves still trotting over the seemingly empty air as it descended in a controlled fall.

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 4:59:54 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

“As you say.” His bulwark-shaped resolve stands high and casts her low, purring shadow. Yujin and her mount need only lean over the edge to follow.[break][break]

Numerous rocky outcroppings threaten to meet them, but more than that, the darkness had been hiding a stranger truth: this was not a ravine but a canyon—a canyon city, webbed with flat bridges that lead to countless vaulted passageways built for something far larger than man.[break][break]

She lands by one of the entrances into the cliffside and brings out her excadrill. “Hide yourself,” she says, before it burrows into the nearby walls to the horror of archeologists everywhere.[break][break]

"Anything I should know about how you fight, Mr. Wledig?"[break][break]

Because the storm would bear down on them soon after in a boom of rain and thunder, with yellow fingers arcing down from the heavens only to bolt through the city’s earthbound veins in search of them.[break][break]

20 encounter and survive an electrical storm, a far more dangerous version of a lightning storm that involves even more electricity.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,429 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 18:52:07 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

ft.

His Aegislash and Spectrier merged with the shadows as rain began to descend upon them, his heavy coat suddenly feeling terribly useful as he slid his arms into its sleeves.

"I do not much care for a fair fight, where it can be avoided." He said simply as he moved to hide as well. "Wait for my signal."

Lightning crashed nearby as a flash of yellow light zoomed over them at high speed, seemingly missing them as it sped through the many streets and path ways of the abandoned cityscape.

Subtly, Gwyar released a shiny Gardevoir by his side, the psychic type lifting her gaze to the sky for but a moment before gathering her hands together in seeming prayer, eyes sliding shut.

Her eyes slid shut, and for the next several moments, they waited in the pouring rain and crashing lighting, yellow occasionally flashing in the distance as their chaser continued its stubborn search.

Then.

Another flash of yellow. It comes, briefly. Too fast for the eye, but at such a distance, they could tell only because it had yet to exit the confines of their line of sight.

The Gardevoir's eyes snapped wide open, and with it, a booming clap as the zooming bolt crashed into raw psychic force, it's momentum sending it hurtling down, crashing into the streets with a booming clap.

"Go!"

TL;DR:
-Gardevoir used Future Sight.
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 0:12:06 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

The collapse of bridges and buildings from the Regieleki’s descent triggers all the rest.[break][break]

“Go!”[break][break]

Yujin’s noivern—now separated from its owner—drops from a rooftop and lights up the torrential night with its own purplish streaks of energy: DRAGON PULSEs.[break][break]

But the shard would retaliate. Lightning bombards every surface like the explosion of a miniature sun. Even against the earthly city, the sheer strength of it blasts holes through walls and throws up mounds of volcanic clay.[break][break]

Yujin, backed behind some cover, finally finds more uses for her sunglasses. And if Gwyar needs one, she’d wordlessly offer from her infinite supply.[break][break]

Then comes the excadrill, bursting from the earth under one of the titan’s arms in a furious DRILL RUN.

13 engage a massive shard of a regieleki that had its original form displaced here by an unknown force.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,429 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 19:25:56 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

ft.

He grabbed the offered sunglasses, slipping them on as the battle began in earnest.

His Aegislash followed after Yujin's Excadrill, swooping through the air at a sharp angle before driving its steel head into the energy titan with a booming crash, hammering it back into the concrete.

Lightning rained all about as energy expelled outwards, Gwyar moving a little closer to Yujin to better fit behin cover;

They were well behind the frontline, incapable of really doing anything to the living mass of electricity on their own.

Gwyar really didn't care for the sort of opponent he couldn't punch, stab or shoot.

Riding atop his Spectrier, his Gardevoir spread out a heavy Misty Terrain, the two disappearing into the otherworldly paths of phantom force before they could get blasted unconscious.

A mist fell upon the regieleki's immediate vicinity.

"Durable fellow." An understatement.

TL;DR:

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2024 1:43:13 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Quite.”[break][break]

They are treated to a shadow puppet performance: hazy outlines of figures dipping in and out of the mist, flashes of variegated light.[break][break]

Yujin is normally trigger-happy, but similarly, she hasn’t reached the level of shooting lightning.[break][break]

“You can keep the sunglasses, by the way. Blue looks good on you. Also, they work at night. And they do a few other things.” Sadly they don’t work in fairy mist, but he could figure the rest out on his own.[break][break]

They can see another attack coming, blowing apart their cover by pure happenstance. Yujin pulls Gwyar to the side to reorient, only to step on something tough and nearly twist her ankle in the process.[break][break]

“Is this… is this a cable?”[break][break]

Another flash of the fight confirms that it is indeed a cable, similar to the ones they’d seen near the active parts of the Ultra Plant.

24 encounter a crashed spacecraft that has been overwhelmed by xurkitree wiring; inside, thick black cords obscure rooms, stairs, and more.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,429 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2024 3:26:19 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

ft.

He stared at his newly acquired glasses whilst Yujin busied herself behind him, turning them around with the open curiosity and technological savviness of a 12th century peasant.

What other things...? Were this INTERPOL spy sunglasses... How did he—

There came a booming, shockwave-heavy crash from the zippy zappy battlefield across them, nearly blowing the sunglasses right off Gwyar's curious hands.

Luckily, he managed to catch it, though he found hismelf stumbling near Yujin as he did.

"Pardon?" He asked as he glanced her way, before blinking as he realized the drastic difference in illumination, texture and even temperature of their new surroundings...

He followed Yujin's gaze to a long, thick cord along the ground. One of several, really.

"It... does appear so. Hmmm... Does this location resemble a building's insides to you?" He observed duly.

Meanwhile, outside, several more crashes thundered across the street before the sounds of combat utterly ceased.

Nothing had died. But the Regieleki-shard had been fought off long and hard enough to reconsider its purpose in being there... or perhaps merely its approach.

It had retreated, leaving their pokemon victorious... this time.

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2024 18:07:50 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

So engrossed is she, she doesn't even notice when the regieleki zips back up into the heavens with a final golden flash upon their surroundings. She is too busy exploring the new passageway, and as her weary pokemon return to her side she only waves them to the side so as to contain their shadows upon the walls.[break][break]

"...A building?"[break][break]

Yes, one would think so, considering the canyon city had them in excess. But what use would a clay metropolis have for electricity?[break][break]

Yujin jogs ahead with a heart drowned in suspicion. When she reaches the first chamber the whole structure groans, but not in the way that the power plant did when the shard was released. A winding humming builds all around them as teal lights glow from the ceiling one after the other, illuminating the surroundings.[break][break]

Dashboards rattling off esoteric measurements. Spherical doors opening in the walls. And in the center of the chamber a three dimensional image appears, blinking blue and red in various areas as it visualizes the damage to its slumbering structure.[break][break]

"Ara ara...[break]
It looks more like a plane, Mr. Wledig.[break]
Or perhaps... a spaceship."

[break][break]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay