22 posts
SCOUT WILDER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @scout
SCOUT WILDER
I, CARRION
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2024 6:02:43 GMT
SCOUT WILDER Avatar
Scout would be the first to admit he wasn't the most literarily gifted. There were plenty of good reasons why he had decided to join the rangers after graduating high school — and their strict diploma requirements, perhaps, could be credited for why he was allowed to walk at all. But really who could say.

To be clear: he was literate, in the loosest definition of the word.

A calligrapher, however, he was not.

So he figures that's all Mx. Adele wants to talk to him about when he gets the email asking for his prompt appearance at their desk in the internal affairs wing. Regarding the wild Pokémon rehabilitation and release candidacy report submitted this morning, the email had said. Please bring the original paperwork for review.

It's understandable. Though in his defense, Scout thinks it's also understandable to be in a bit of a rush going through all the describe condition of candidate Pokémon's coat, if applicable, including texture, luster, and thickness and describe candidate Pokémon's appetite and meal schedule in the past 48 hour cycle and describe candidate Pokémon's human or inter-species aggression and territorial behavior, if any and blah blah blah blah. It's crazy, how up to their ears in bureaucracy the Rangers are sometimes.

At the very least they're not... whatever the hell this department is, though. Scout doesn't envy the life of the 9-to-5 salaryman, with their desks all pushed together only separated by the flimsiest of plastic dividers like pet shop Pawmis. He keeps his head down.

Scout stops in front of Mx. Adele and gently taps on their cubicle wall adjacent to a neighboring empty desk. His arms are piled high with a Torterra tree's worth of paperwork.

"Ranger Wilder," he says, and waits politely to be asked to sit, or to go elsewhere, or to be acknowledged, or something.

close tab

played by

aphelion

ada
they/them
thirty-seven
october 11
lavender town
greysexual
secretary
civilian
5'7" (170.18 cm) height
5'7" (170.18 cm) height
if grief is an amputation, then hope is an incurable hemophilia
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adele
adele veronesi
I, CARRION
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2024 6:23:15 GMT
adele veronesi Avatar
it's not a remarkable talent.

in most people's eyes, it wouldn't be one.

in their line of work? maybe. adele veronesi is a secretary of little renown. the majority of their responsibilities fall to watching the comings and goings of league officials from the office. checking in when requisition files are handed over. making sure the i's were dotted and the t's crossed when they needed to document a new badge holder.

most forms came in typed.

others were drafted by hand. deciphering what that handwriting was, between the hasty scrawls of the elite that think the work beneath them and the stains from coffee or—well. pokemon, really—fell to them.

they don't ask for very much.

adele parses out what they can and files it, oftentimes without a word. this, though—they can't abide by. it'd been difficult enough to parse out the ' wilder ' from the rest of the name. they'd managed to pick that out with the right lighting and enough concentration.

but, the rest: they're hastily typing an email by the time the ranger arrives.

"ah, just—"

they think they have a chair. actually, maybe it's better that they just. another message is fired off and adele adjusts their fractured glasses. after a quick search of their files, they stand and gesture for scout to follow them to an open conference room. there was enough issues that needed addressing on fifty different cases that it might've merited a larger space.

it's once they get situated that they finally place their folders on the table and click their pen. black, to counter whatever color he'd settled on.

"could you hand me the first one? any of them."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB