Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2024 16:54:47 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]He huffs at the entire procession, but does as she asks and stays still. It helped that the bed itself was comfortable and if he wanted to, he could open his eyes and see quite a sight hovering over him.

[break][break]

If ye need help with the edges, I’m sure ye got a sword layin’ round ‘ere ta make some neat lines.

[break][break]

A long exhales, one of comfort.

[break][break]

Quite a sight we’ll make.

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2024 18:52:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"i have a steady hand. now shush. talking makes it more difficult." it's much harder doing this than on herself, but practice eases the process. it helps too, that he is compliant, which is not true in any other case with their bed involved.

"quite a sight indeed." she hmms emphatically and then withdraws, capping the eyeliner top. "there. all set."

she taps his nose, smiling down at him, heart beating quickly with nervous anticipation, and says, "are you ready?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2024 1:16:41 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Both lids break to reveal cerulean orbs. They dilate, blinking as he adjusts to the light once more.
[Break][break]
"Yer askin' the wrong person. I'd get married in a Hawaiian shirt if ye'd let me, so ye tell me."

notes

[break][break]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2024 3:46:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"how romantic of you." she looks down at him, in his loose tee and sweats. her fingers tuck under the waistband of the joggers, brow quirking suggestively, but then she lets the elastic snap back down and slips off him before he can retaliate.

"wear whatever you like, love." it isn't about sentimentality, savoring the moment. gold outlines drift around her, reminding her of another day in white, aquatic flowers draped across hers and eva's bodices. she shoves the thoughts away like an errant fly with far more ease than she has in the past.

a wordless thank you is sent to the heavens with a slight tilt of her chin.

"i'll brew us some coffee to go while you dress."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2024 4:00:14 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]By the time they're well and out the door, King's already itching to get out of this more formal attire.
[break][break]
Many in the lower district give them odd looks but most know their presence here by now and give them a wide berth. King nods to a few of them, but overall, they're left alone.
[break][break]
"Might work up a sweat 'fore we get there." His hands linger lazily into his pockets. "Maybe we'll do somethin' more official once ye take back Sootie. Use yer estate 'er somethin'."

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2024 4:40:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she's glad for the dress, if only because it's so light in hoenn's oppressive heat. her glance at him is appreciative, but she can already imagine his discomfort with the sun bearing down on them. some shadows stretch from the surrounding buildings, but the warehouse district is squat and clustered, far from the sea breeze along the coast.

her brows furrow in thought. she reaches in, tugging strings to the tether that is still so alien to her, and power stirs in her belly. humidity gathers, swelling, and thin clouds start to drift by. she exhales through her nose and her grip on the tether slips away.

all she managed were a few sparse wisps that will burn away in minutes, barely noticeable.

she tucks a stray hair behind her ear and smiles at him.

"i have something in mind, actually," she says. just a few more blocks now. less than an hour and their lives, his life, will be irrevocably changed forever.

"there's a draconid ceremony." a light smirk. "it involves rope."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2024 12:45:09 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Mm?" He finally registers her words and eyes spark into a flame.[break][break]"Ye know my love, I've never had an issue gettin' ta goin', so if ye wanna make it a public spectacle, who am I deny my girl?"[break][break]His grin is cheeky and one-sided, but he tunes in, keen to hear this.

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2024 14:25:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

chuckling, she wraps an arm around his, ignoring both her stickiness and his complaint about the heat. her golds are amused, but there's a spark in their own right at the curl of his devilish smile. 

"nothing so uncouth, unfortunately."

and then they're there, right outside the steps of the courthouse. she pulls them to a stop, tugs his hand from his pocket, grasps his forearm with hers. "but it will be like this." she teethes off a ribbon she'd wrapped around her wrist, tucking it under her thumb to drape over their hands. 

"and i will tell you that no matter what may come, i will hold fast. that i see you, who you are - a father, a fighter, a man who has hurt before." the ribbon is thin, but still she tugs it taut against their skin. "and that i take all of you, even the ugly parts, in the hopes that you'll take me too. then, and only then, will i tell you that i will love you, endlessly, with every fiber of my being, because i don't know any other way."

softer, she says, "and you'll say something cheesy or ridiculous and it will be done."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 13:24:38 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]His curious excitement withers, King swallowing with apprehension, as she begins to speak.[break][break]The discomfort, as she knew, wasn't with her, but with those fickle and uncomfortable things called emotions; he didn't process them, and couldnt speak to them, with the elegance it required; with the raw feeling of simplicity that he'd become accustomed to with things like anger, or hatred.[break][break]He leans into his usual response, teetering the edge of embracing something real and keeping up the same old facade.[break][break]"Thought vows were fer the ceremony." He says, chuckling, tone edged with unspoken nerves.

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 14:30:40 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it is with a measured stare that freya holds his gaze, face otherwise impassive as she considers him. there is a disappointment there, for a brief moment, but that is swallowed quickly because she does not need words. she has never needed words from him before.

his love is given to her with action and it's a language they tumble about in with abandon. sometimes they walk away bruised, but after swimming in the cadences of each other's bodies, they have always resurfaced more alive.

"something cheesy or ridiculous," she repeats with a small smile and gives his hand a squeeze. the ribbon laxes. she starts to unwrap their arms and more seriously, adds, "i just wanted you to know it, before pen to paper."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2024 3:28:53 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]somethin’ cheesy ‘er ridiculous he echoes back in his own mind, giving her words a little bit of his own spin.
[break][break]
He smiles, canines peeking out.
[break][break]
Of course. I’d expect nothin’ less from the love of my life.
[break][break]
He nudges his head in the direction of the courtroom.
[break][break]
Well, time ta make an honest man out of me, eh?

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2024 4:06:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

an honest man. tomorrow, she'll submit the paperwork. it's ready to go, a draft in her inbox, her signature strewn across official forms. some of it, inevitably, is hand-waved with her power and she imagines there are some - and - who will question the action.

but she'll take whatever heat may come. though it may not. not with war looming over the horizon.

the ceremony takes little less than twenty minutes and consists of gathering paperwork, putting together their marriage licenses, and charging a small fee.

her signature is a looping scrawl. morningstar. there is a brief, pained look on her face when she thinks of her adoptove father. in another world, king may have asked him for his blessing. and he'd have laughed and crowed and told him that who is he to stand in the way of freya's wants?

"your turn, love," she says and holds out the ballpoint.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2024 5:15:04 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]He feels like a stranger in his own body, watching events play out as they do. He'd never known love; never seen it flourish beneath the vows those metal bands were meant to represent.
[break][break]
In-truth, he'd come to have hated the idea of marriage; it was a sham; a waste of time.
[break][break]
Those feelings linger, even now, as his fingers grip the pen. But, they weren't alone. Something more dangerous overshadows it all.
[break][break]
Hesitating, the pen lingers just above the paper, his expression twisted, lips spread just enough to hint at words that linger.

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2024 14:44:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and there, right there, are the culmination of his fears and his hurt, bubbling to the surface in a way that might ruin them. her breath holds. outside, the sky threatens rain. soothing words sit at the tip of her tongue, but she presses it against the back of her teeth.

none of this matters if this isn't his action. she won't force decisions on him anymore, not after she almost broke them. and persuading him now with half-empty promises would be just the same.

so she says, gently, bits of her cracking because it does hurt, of course it hurts, "it's okay, if you can't. we'll figure it out."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2024 12:57:43 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]

"Shut up with that. King growls. "Just give me a sec, I'm not good at this."[break][break]

He sucks in a breath and grips the pen with whitening finger tips.[break][break]

"Look I gave up 'fore I met ye. Never expected ta find someone; never expected someone ta find me, y'know?[break][break]

Thought what my parents had was all there was. They had their moments, but it was mostly bad--real bad. Told myself that's what I should expect.
[Break][break]
Then the whole Matty thing messed me up, but that was nothin' to when I thought Sagira had died 'fore miraculously came back.[break][break]

I was angry. Ready ta go scorched earth fer what they did ta me. Then I met a wild eyed princess who came down from 'er tower ta get 'er head knocked in a time 'er twa.
"[break][break]

He exhales, catching his breath, voice still low, eyes avoiding Freya's.
[Break][break]
"Ye and Delta grounded me. Saved me from a fate that would've had me six feet under. [Break][break]

Ye gave me perspective... or whatever they say.[break][break]

Just.. thank ye. For seein' somethin' in a man that had nothin' left ta give.
[Break][break]
That's it. Okay? Okay.
"
[Break][break]
He signs the paper, scribbling a signature barely legible, eager to forget everything he just said.
[Break][break]
How embarrassing.

notes

[break][break]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing