awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2024 2:10:48 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it is in most rom-coms she has watched with him that things are always happiest before the storm. a tragedy waits on the horizon, but for once, she does not stand and dread its coming. she looks to the present and thinks of the future, of the pieces they'll be able to pick apart when the devastation comes, in all of its inevitability.

it's why she says, while in his arms, sleep lingering in the quiet, "let's do it today." and then she turns, readjusts the sheets, touches her palm to his cheek, thumb at the corner of his mouth.

"go down to the slateport courthouse. sign the papers. i want it to be unceremonious."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2024 3:38:03 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]He does what all those in long-term relationships do in bed together—fiddles mindlessly on his phone. Her touch does little to bring him back to an active state of mind, but her words do.
[break][break]

Eh?” His voice a drone of confusion. “Do what taday? Get married? Don’t ye women love all the ceremony and the flowers ‘n what not?

[break][break]

It seemed a little sudden, even for Freya.

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2024 3:47:55 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her chin rests on his bare shoulder and when he off-handedly likens her to ye women, she plucks his phone right from his hands and tosses it to the foot of the bed with a growl. her head tilts and starlight slips over her side.

a dangerous smile is all the warning he gets before she nips a love bite by his collarbone.

"the ceremony can come later." romanticisms have no place in a region preparing for war. "and besides, i've made my choice and you've made yours, so let's do it. today. and tomorrow? you'll be a free man."

she is at his throat now, lips leaving warm, wet marks between every other word.

"i'll wear my blue dress. the one you like."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 4:00:06 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Not sure," he starts, chuckling as her touch sends ticklish pulses down his spine, "that ye know what a 'free man' actually means."
[Break][break]
Phone forgotten, for a few moments at least, he slides fingers through her hair and, at the mention of a dress, pulls her head back.[break][break]
He plants his own trail down her neck, words muffled.
[Break][break]
"ye know I like that dress more off, than on."

notes

[break][break]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 4:37:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her scalp prickles as he pulls. she scrapes her teeth against his lower lip as she goes, eyes narrowing, but her golds are not greeted by blues. instead she is greeted by his breath, hot on her neck, and her lashes flutter.

"is that what you see with me, love? shackles?"

her ankles cross his, fingers draping delicately over his wrists, and she debates turning them into a tangle of limbs, allowing the rest of the day to pass them by. but they do not have days. they do not even have hours. this is the last day she'll have to herself before the preparations begin in earnest. 

"granted," she murmurs, "i am quite possessive."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 16:45:12 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"I feel as if that's a trick question." When a woman asked a question like that, it was best to play stupid.
[break][break]
Or distract her with physical affection; he was quite good at it.
[break][break]
"Possessive is an understatement, love. Ye give even the Coffee lady a look when she writes my name on the cup."

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 17:36:47 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"that's because i've seen the way she looks at you," she snaps back, annoyed. cassie. she can get king's name right, but she can't get freya's? her councilwoman's?

his hands continue their wandering, but that sort of distraction won't work on her. not here, not now. she tries to withdraw. 

"what, getting cold feet already?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 3:07:54 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]She tries and fails, though he can tell Freya was adamant about his; the stubbornness of a dragon wins out and he can only blow a rasberry.[break][break]

Cold feet? Nah. Just wonderin’ what the rush is, y’know? His brow furrows and he withdraws, slightly.
[break][break]
Shit goin’ down, eh?
[break][break]
He’d heard the rumors.

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 4:22:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"it's like i told you before," she says, as patiently as she can, though there is a storm inside of her, "we're running out of time." he's given up the ghost so when she pinches a strand of his hair between her fingers, it's a tender act of affection. 

"when this next part is over, we'll worry about the celebration." a soft smile, kiss upon his knuckles, and then she slips away from him to shrug out of her sweats and into her dress.

"but," she adds as she tugs her hair out from under her neckline, spinning a braid together as she turns, "i was thinking delta could be our flower girl?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 13:09:02 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Mm." Content agreement. But mention of Delta brings up a reality they've yet to touch upon.
[Break][break]
"We haven't told 'er yet. Not sure how she'll feel about all of it, ta be honest."
[Break][break]
Sure she'd grown to love Freya, but she did have a mother.

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 16:02:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

a finished braid falls against her shoulder. she starts on another one, twining lyune's salamencite in a knot around it. a spared glance at their dresser mirror to make sure the plaits are setting nicely, gaze skipping over the exposed burn scar on her shoulders, the silver marks from half a dozen other forgotten battles along her skin.

"she'll understand. she knows i'm not trying to replace her, but maybe you should talk to her. but this...i love you, but you know that this is part of a bigger whole. this is part of clearing your name."

she finishes with her hair and settles on the edge of the bed. "no more looking over your shoulder when you're out with her. no more hiding. no more waiting for the other shoe to drop. and i think...she'll get that. she's smart. too smart for her own good."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2024 3:46:04 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]He feels the urge to argue and bring up counter points, reviving discussions long dead and buried, but suppresses it. He'd promised to try, so he will.
[Break][break]
Even if he knew he'd be looking over his shoulder more now than ever before.
[Break][break]
"I'll talk ta 'er. He says with an exhale, sinking more into his spot on the bed and closing his eyes. "Later."

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2024 4:01:03 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her eyes narrow as he sinks back. she looks down at herself, at him still in bed, and then sighs. she stands, moving silently, tucking her hair back so it doesn't drape over him. softly, gently, she presses a kiss to his forehead.

"i'll finish getting ready." she ghosts away, disappearing into the bathroom, leaving the door open just a crack. 

freya scrubs her face and then pauses, cheeks smattered with suds. something glitters in her palm. she squints down at it, brushing away some bubbles, and the trained eye of a dragon tamer spots them immediately for what they are - scales

a quick rinse, a frantic pat of the towel on her face, and she leans into the mirror, stretching a patch of skin on her forehead. runs her fingers along it. 

smooth, unblemished (save for a few nicks and scars), human.

anxiety knots in her stomach. did i imagine...?

no. no. today is not about anyone but herself and the man laying in his bed. still, just to be on the safe side, she is meticulous with her foundation. the rest is a ritual she hasn't kept up with for a while - her schedule doesn't afford such vanities - but it's comforting, doing it now.

she pokes her head back out, smiling - "did you want me to do your eyes?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2024 0:31:14 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]King takes this short time to rest his eyes, lingering somewhere between sleep and simple disassociation.[break][break]
At Freya's question he lifts a single eyelid lazily, looks at her for a moment, then closes it again. His hands fold neatly at his abdomen.[break][break]"Fan of that are ye?"[break][break]
It was quite a look, admittedly.

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
make way for tomorrow
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2024 1:31:08 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"yes," she answers and snatches the shock of blue eyeliner from his side of the sink. before he can say otherwise, she has crossed the room and climbed back into bed. her thighs slide around his hips and she grins down at him like a fool. 

"stay still please." a hand goes to the side of his face and as she rests her palm on his other cheek, brows furrowing in concentration, she is struck by the normalcy of their intimacy.

they can still see each other very little and most nights, she can't stay. work has been keeping her away, his situation has left them to play house behind closed doors, but still the nostalgia for the home she's made with him is so vast
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing