She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
852 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 20:31:04 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin traveled with none of her pokemon out. She had been avoiding public pokemon appearances when possible, outside of Dewford, just in case she got clocked for rotating more than six. Sheriff Davidson's reach was mighty, but she didn't suspect his refusal to follow the Notice would carry as much weight this far away. That very anxiety had kept her from leaving Dewford much lately, which was horrible enough for her mental health given she was stuck boarding with her family.

It was exactly why this trek was going to be such a relief. She had found a once-in-a-lifetime prize that had Lam's name written all over it, and she wanted to bring a smile to both their faces in giving it over. But the very negativity she was trying to escape had plagued her throughout the flight to east Hoenn. So, despite every intent to cling to the cheer she's projected since day one as a Ranger, her act fails her the moment she finishes knocking on Lam's door, and her smile is watery.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
his hands keep turning into birds and flying away from him. eventually the birds must land.
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 22:45:07 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ambrosia lam"]
[attr="class","amilkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

The knock on the door was an unexpected thing.[break][break]
He frowned from where he was sprawled on the couch, head flopping in the direction of the sound as he stared with squinting, bleary eyes. His head was fuzzy, on the cusp of drifting from doze to full slumber. It wasn’t often that he had the house to himself, and he’d seized on the opportunity for a nap while the low volume of some bad action movie hummed in the background. Not that his partner usually stopped him from his snoozes, but still.[break][break]
It was sort of a wonder that he’d managed to fall into a lull while was out and about. It was only some wedding-y errand, but since that notice had gone up across the city, Lam had been wary. There was no stopping Rosie from trailing after Rook, of course. The mimikyu wasn’t usually one to part from her trainer, but he’d been careful to emphasize that only she go with him. Even if the limit was three, better safe than sorry, right?[break][break]
But why would Rook be knocking on the door? His shinx stretched and hopped down from where he’d been curled on Lam’s chest, then trotted to the door. Noodle looked back at him expectantly and he sighed, pulling himself up. “ Yeah, yeah,” he muttered. “Maybe Rook got carried away with the party favors…”[break][break]
Lam’s head tilted in confusion at the sight of not Rook, but Robin. “Uh, hey? Thought you were sticking to Dewford-” At first, a smile tugged at his mouth–the beginnings of some lighthearted jab forming on his tongue. But it gave way to concern because of the look on her face. “What’s wrong?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[attr="class","icon-flying"] tackle him

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
M: PRE-PRELUDE

[newclass=".lam"] --accent:#acc77b; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .ambrosia .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .ambrosia .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:500; } .ambrosia .textbox a { font:600 13px/13px 'Poppins'!important; } .ambrosia .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .ambrosia .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .ambrosia .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .ambrosia .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .ambrosia .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".amilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .amilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .amilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .bottom"] height: 45px;background-color: #272727;border-top: 1px solid #333;background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png);background-size: cover;background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: bottom right;display: flex;flex-direction: row-reverse;flex-wrap: wrap;justify-content: space-between;align-content: center;align-items: center;padding: 0px 0px 0px 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .tagline"] color:var(--accent); font:12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ambrosia .tagline span { color: var(--accent); font:500 11px 'Poppins'; background: #222; padding: 2px 10px; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #333 } .ambrosia .tagline a { font:500 11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .oocnotes"] letter-spacing: 0.5px;margin-bottom: -20px;display: flex;column-gap: 10px; margin-top: 10px; align-content: center;flex-direction: row;flex-wrap: nowrap;align-items: center; } .ambrosia .oocnotes i { font-size:16px; } .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/10px 'Poppins'!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .nametag"] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; } .ambrosia .nametag a { font:600 15px/13px 'Poppins'!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
852 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 23:09:42 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Seeing Lam in all his tussled-hair, goofy glory is all it takes for the dam to break. She throws herself forward and wraps her arms around him tight, squeezing him for all he's worth. It doesn't hit her how long its been since she's had a hug until she's suffocating against his chest. The last time she was held, it was Gwen holding her back when she was beating a scientist til her knuckles bruised, and it's... well, obviously not the same.

She doesn't pull away from him, but she does turn her head when the need to breathe is too great. "I'm sorry," she blurts out instead of an explanation. "I'm sorry. It's - this isn't what I came for." This was supposed to be good. She didn't realize how fragile her hold over herself was until she'd committed. "I'm okay. I'm okay." A mantra. "I, um, I'm sorry. I should come back later. I didn't mean to, like, make a scene at your door." She wiped at her face with one hand, leaving the other arm still tucked against him despite her parting words.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
his hands keep turning into birds and flying away from him. eventually the birds must land.
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 18:47:54 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

When Robin failed to start in with some sort of snappy remark, more ill-bode feelings dredged themselves up and tangled in his gut. His mouth opened, intent on reiterating his question, but before he could reach out and give her shoulders a shake she had thrown herself forward, and he froze–arms hung suspended as he processed the hug and the wordless desperation in the crush of it. Looking down at the top of her head, Lam frowned, brows pinched together as his lips pressed to a thin line.[break][break]
Coming from someone as bright and bold as Robin, this was disconcerting. But then his arms drifted down to return the hug, albeit looser than the death-grip she held on him. Air was being slowly bled from his lungs, but he weathered it with his chin settled against the top of her head. The silence stretched out, and he let it. “It’s fine,” he answered automatically when she finally spoke up. “You don’t sound okay.” A soft, amused huff followed. He could relate–always bottling up the things that made him crumble, and still insisting that he wasn’t, in fact, fraying at the seams.[break][break]
“Robin,” he gave her a pointed look as she leaned away, though her arm remained like the tether of a lifeline. “I don’t care about that. It’s not a scene.” His own arms had fallen away, but he reached up and tousled her hair. A show of good faith, but his glance was serious. “Inside, now. C’mon.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

[newclass=".ambrosia"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .ambrosia .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .ambrosia .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:500; } .ambrosia .textbox a { font:600 13px/13px 'Poppins'!important; } .ambrosia .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .ambrosia .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .ambrosia .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .ambrosia .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .ambrosia .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".amilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .amilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .amilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .bottom"] height: 45px;background-color: #272727;border-top: 1px solid #333;background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png);background-size: cover;background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: bottom right;display: flex;flex-direction: row-reverse;flex-wrap: wrap;justify-content: space-between;align-content: center;align-items: center;padding: 0px 0px 0px 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .tagline"] color:var(--accent); font:12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ambrosia .tagline span { color: var(--accent); font:500 11px 'Poppins'; background: #222; padding: 2px 10px; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #333 } .ambrosia .tagline a { font:500 11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .oocnotes"] letter-spacing: 0.5px;margin-bottom: -20px;display: flex;column-gap: 10px; margin-top: 10px; align-content: center;flex-direction: row;flex-wrap: nowrap;align-items: center; } .ambrosia .oocnotes i { font-size:16px; } .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/10px 'Poppins'!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .nametag"] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; } .ambrosia .nametag a { font:600 15px/13px 'Poppins'!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
852 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 19:59:41 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She sighed against him as he insisted she come inside. She was grateful to not have to navigate her way out of the city and to her encampment on the outskirts. She came inside, beelining for the couch. "I came because I wanted to give you this, actually." She felt silly for all the emotion, but she was glad to cut to the chase, too. She released the shiny Altaria. "I saw it in the wild and knew it was something you could, um, make the most of."

The Altaria poked around. She wiped at her face. "I didn't mean to freak out like that. I'm just a little scared. And I feel a little guilty since, like, this is just another pokemon to count against you for the team restriction." If he abided by it. They had both talked about non-compliance. "It just felt right to give him to you."

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 20:18:43 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

If she’d mentioned the encampment, he probably would’ve given her another look. He wasn’t a stranger to camping, of course. He’d been all over Alola with his dad as a kid, spending weeks in the middle of nowhere as his father conducted his field research and pointed out the habits of oricorio and pikipek. Pointed out sleepy rowlets hunkered down in tree knolls.[break][break]
The point was that they had a perfectly functional spare room (better than a tent,) if she ever needed it. Sure, it was meant for a kid, eventually–but that wasn’t on the immediate horizon. It had a spare bed, it might as well get some use until then. But he spared her the brotherly lecturing, and simply followed after her.[break][break]
“I would say make yourself at home, but you had no trouble with that,” he commented with a snort of laughter. Just like that, she had brushed off the weight of the emotion. Or was attempting to anyway.[break][break]
Lam could commiserate.[break][break]
Still, it was difficult to not be distracted by the altaria as it took stock of its surroundings. Buttery yellow feathers stood in stark contrast with cloudy white. “For me?” he muttered, watching it before his eyes darted back to Robin. A broad smile stretched across his mouth–if only briefly. “Aw, you thought of me? How sentimental, Robin.”[break][break]
What he didn’t do, though, was make light of her confession as it followed. Instead, he inched around the bird and allowed it to continue exploring before he made any attempt to connect with it. He plopped down on the other side of the couch. “You know I don’t care about the restriction. I’m gonna take care of it, regardless.” His head rolled to the side to study her, and he nudged her leg with his foot. “I’m glad you trust me to look after him. And really, it’s fine. I can handle it–don’t feel bad. I get it. It’s overwhelming, all of it.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
852 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 20:31:02 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

It felt like a weight was coming off her shoulders as he appreciated the gift. She had feared despite all she knew of him that he might be upset about it. It was as irrational as half of her concerns, but they were all equally real. She frowned as he sat with her and continued giving her his attention. It seemed she wasn't going to get on the other side of her outburst so quickly.

"Of course I thought of you, you big lug." She knocked his leg back with her foot, being petty and young. "I can't stop thinking of you. Or Gwen. Or Saskia. I think about you guys more than anything else. And I just." She looked the other way to hide her face as much as possible. His wall wasn't very interesting to look at... though she had some thoughts about the furniture decisions. She would have to scold him later. "I just feel helpless. I can't stop it from coming. And so many people are pretending it isn't happening and other people are pretending we've already lost and they're moving out of Hoenn."

The region was in disarray. Robin hadn't even checked in directly with her family, not in any real way. She just knew they were staying in Dewford. She had continued making excuses for why she couldn't spend the night at home, and then she stopped making excuses. They didn't seem to care too much one way or another. "I don't even care about they're doing," she confessed without voicing any context.

More quietly, she added, "I wish it would just happen already. The waiting is killing me."

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 23:17:26 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

“Well, that’s the natural side effect of caring about people,” he replied, shrugging, before he let out a heavy breath. He looked down at his hands as he did, cheeks puffing as he blew out. “I get it, though. You’re not the only one who feels useless with all the waiting, the uncertainty that comes with it, y’know?” It wasn’t exactly the most motivating thing to say, but it’s commiserating, at least. If anything, it ran even deeper than that. Lam questioned himself on a near daily basis. “None of us can stop it, but we’re the ones who are sticking around to meet it. So that means something. Especially to the people you can’t stop thinking about.”[break][break]
He bumped her with another nudge, that time with an elbow.[break][break]
“I don’t have, like, all this sage advice for you. I’ve kind of only been in this mess for a year and half. And really, it started with just being on the gym circuit. As a challenger.” And somehow he’d come to this point. His focus drifted, moving to the far wall that stretched down into the hallway. The space was littered with polaroids. Snapshots of his life in the last three or four years. “Care about who?” he asked absently.[break][break]
Slouching off of the couch, he padded over to the wall on fuzzy-socked feet. Most of them were blurry candids of himself and Rook, their pokemon. A scattering of selfies and the places they’d visited. Friends they’d made. Lam plucked one loose, the tape peeling away from the photo and clinging to the wall. He held it out to her.[break][break]
It was a photo from only a year and a half ago, but he still looked younger than he does now somehow. Taken a few days after the conflict that had broken out in Dewford, when he’d become lost in the Ultra Deep Sea and the Interdream Mist. Clueless in his effort to help, and he’d been older than Robin was now.[break][break]
The picture itself was lighthearted, though he looked battered as hell. The swoop of his thumb and forefinger tucked under his chin as he tried to look slick while sporting a mottled shiner in purple and blue that stretched down his eye and cheek. In the corner was the top of Rook’s head–only his eyes and messy hair visible from the poorly angled selfie.[break][break]
”I was at the Battle at Dewford. I was smiling by the time Rook snapped this, but it took days. And even then, I wasn’t really over it. I still don’t like going out there. I thought I was, but I wasn’t ready for any of it, and I paid for that in the Deep Sea.” He’d been a bit like she was now, in the wake of it—keeping it together while falling apart. His partner had to talk him out of insisting he was fine more than once. He’d felt exactly the same way—useless. His smile was a thin thing, but earnest as he looked at her, “Lost my first pokemon out there, caused the first death of another one too. I know it sucks to wait. But don’t be too eager for it to come, because it’s not pretty and it won’t be over quickly.”[break][break]
Lam let out another long breath, “You’re younger than my little brother, it doesn’t exactly sit well with me to see you out there. I can’t stop you, but don’t rush in, yeah?”
[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","icon-flying"] some context threads: here, here

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
852 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 23:36:27 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

It should have been a comfort that he felt the same, but she had wished he felt otherwise. She wanted him to have all his shit together and to have all the answers, but by his own admission, he didn't have some sage advice for her. And if he could have fixed things, he would have. The truth was that there was no one coming to save her or anyone. There was a series of people doing their best to protect the region, but there would be no heroes.

She opened her mouth to answer his question, then thought better of it. If she talked about her family, he might pity her. Or he might try to fix things. Or he might not care at all. The cost of that outcome was too severe to risk it.

She accepted the photo with delicate hands. Rook put up with Lam, so he was alright in her book already. She hated to see Lam spotting the bruise, but she was glad he had someone who could make him laugh, who could pick him up. She had Gwen for that, but it was Gwen she was trying to save. "So, there's another side to this?" She looked up at him from the photo. "There's an 'after?'" It didn't feel that way. It didn't feel like something you could go around, or over, or through. It felt like something that just was. And was.

"I won't rush in," she assured. "But I have to follow whatever orders they give me."

The words sat like ash on her tongue. She didn't sign up to be a soldier. She signed up to be a Ranger. She swore to help people and pokemon, and now she was being sent off to hurt both. And if she didn't, thousands would die. "I don't know what the 'after' is going to look like. This is bigger than the previous fights. I... I try to think about it, about what to do when we've beaten Rocket, about what gyms to challenge next and what pokemon to hunt for, but nothing comes to mind when I picture it. There's just nothing there." It should have been horrifying.

It just felt normal, now. The dread that had been building for so long had finally culminated to acceptance. She wished she had more photographs, looking at his. It was a good idea. They last picture she'd taken was a selfie with .

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2024 20:53:39 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

“Well…yeah,” he looked over at her, a shoulder rising and falling. He spoke with a sort of point blank simplicity. “I’ve got a life to live, and a honeymoon to go on. So there better be an after.” His mouth hitched upward for a moment, and he snorted out a dry laugh. It was easier to think about with that sort of lens. It wasn’t only him– they all had lives to follow. Everything put on hold for this ridiculous war, that honestly Lam thought shouldn’t have been happening in the first place.[break][break]
But there were always divides and power grabs, and things that went on way above his head. He used to be so removed from it. Now there was all this pressure. The weight of obligation dropped down over his shoulders simply because he was in a position of respect. He’d signed on as a gym leader to be a teacher and a mentor. Somehow, they all ended up tangled in something far bigger, more vast than that.[break][break]
He nodded, though the idea of Robin facing down the same things still caused a hum of unease to remain. A bad feeling in his gut. “Good. I get following orders, but if something seems more than you expect, it’s okay to call in backup.” But of course he’d say that. He was the team work gym guy. Battling and reliance on the people with you was his whole schtick.[break][break]
This wasn’t the sort of thing either of them had wanted. But it was what they were saddled with.[break][break]
“It’s hard to picture, sure. But like I said about myself, I’m sure there are things you still want to do. People you want to see, and be with. Someone you want to take pictures with.” He didn’t really mean anything by it, shrugging again as he rambled, but for all he knew, she did have that sort of particular. Taking the photo back, he stuck it to the wall again.[break][break]
“This isn’t all there is, though. Maybe you just need something to anchor you.” Rook did that for him. Reminded him to come back down when he felt all of that responsibility hanging like an ax over a bowed neck.[break][break]
Lam looked to the altaria again, and reached tentatively to scratch under his beak as his head bobbed on an elongated, golden neck.

[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
852 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2024 21:04:30 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Lam had a habit of making things sound so simple. Normally, she'd roll her eyes. Now, she clung to his words like the seatbelt on a roller coaster. It was clear he would support her if she found herself running away from a fight she couldn't win, and she felt safe for having him in her corner. She had to make sure she wouldn't take on a suicide mission. She suspected he would never forgive her.

"An anchor," she echoed thoughtfully. Her eyes fell on his new Altaria. She didn't have to think hard about it; her anchor was clearly the one person on the planet who had had her back the longest. "Like ." She wasn't sure if Lam had ever had the pleasure of meeting her best friend, but Gwen was a hell of a Ranger.

And friend. And Robin hadn't made a lot of time to go see her recently.

She needed to tell Gwen everything, including that she didn't want them to just be friends. She hated that the ticking clock was rushing her, though. She wasn't ready, but she had to let Gwen know how important she was. "Okay," she says instead of voicing that anxiety, "I think I get it."

She wiped at her face one last time. "I should make plans right before wartime, so I have something to look forward to." She said it teasingly, making light of his advice, but she really did suspect keeping her gaze on the future would be beneficial for her health. "And where's this honeymoon? You're coming to Dewford, right? The greatest town in all of Hoenn?"

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2024 22:30:16 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

The altaria allowed Lam to inspect him, and he was quick to fluff the bird’s feathery wings. He’d make a good companion for Mallow. He didn’t seem too rowdy, and was neat and well-kept for what had been a wild bird. They’d be peas in a pod—Lam just had to give him a suitable name to match. Similarly fluffly, like marshmallow.[break][break]
“Mhm.” He echoed the confirmation as he peered up over a mass of cloudy feathers. “An anchor. So you don’t lose yourself.” It was easy. To let it all wash over you until you couldn’t seem to pull yourself back in. Whether it was in your rage, or your fear.[break][break]
Lam glanced her way, a brow climbing sharply. Now his curiosity piqued, “Gwendolyn Conway, huh?” There was a wheedling in his tone, and as he passed by Robin, he poked at her shoulder. Goading, nosy. “Sounds important.” Admittedly, he hadn’t expected her to drop a name outright.[break][break]
“Sounds like I should meet Gwendolyn Conway.”[break][break]
A flash of teeth as he grinned.[break][break]
He flopped back onto the couch, fully slouching down the cushions. “Good. I was worried I was gonna have to explain it all again,” he teased, finding the reversion toward making harmless jabs an easy means of lightening the somber mood. “You should, even if you’re joking right now—you should do that.” His nose wrinkled up as he made a face, Dewford? No way.” A hand passed through his hair as he puffed out a breath. “We were thinking of going out to Alola. Dunno how possible that’ll be for a while, though.”[break][break]
As much as that pained him to acknowledge, and it did, in fact, pain him.

[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
852 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2024 23:54:42 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin flushed the second he repeated Gwen's name. She fucked up. She was so used to bragging about Gwen, though! It was a habit!

She thought she was safe here... Damn him. "We're gonna blow up your gym," she delivers straight-faced despite her new red complexion. How's that for a post-war plan? The return of their combative relationship makes her loosen up, but she's not about to let him off that easy. "And your town's main draw is a stupid mall, shut up." She slapped at his shoulder. Dewford was too good for him, actually. And it had that sick ultra space sea beneath it.

Alola doesn't sound bad, if maybe a little cliche. But Lam deserves cliche. He deserves the horrific hallmark movie love story with all the winter reunions and miscommunication and last-minute returns to each others' arms. He deserves the world and everything in it. He just, y'know, also deserves her eyeroll.

"If you wear an ugly Alolan shirt with the stupid Pinaps on 'em, I'm going to scream. And burn your house down while you're gone." Man, were all her plans related to domestic terrorism? "But Alola could be nice. Just don't forget where home is." Her face cools from the embarrassment, and she finds solace in this whole day: that even when things go south, she'll have Lam, and she can trust him to be Lam no matter what.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 2:03:02 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

Robin’s face lighting up with a deep shade of red was all the confirmation he needed. A grin split across his face, knowing and devious all in one.[break][break]
“Over something like figuring out a crush? he laughed, “I don’t think soooo. How ‘bout that. She’s growing up.” He feigned wiping a tear from his eye. More laughter followed as he took mock offense. “Hey! That mall has all the good stores, don’t lie.”[break][break]
The fact that Alola was a bit of a cliché in terms of honeymoon destinations wasn’t lost on Lam, but it was his home region. There was a certain level of sentimentality wrapped up in going home for the first time since he’d moved to Hoenn. And in bringing Rook there for the first time. And maybe corny was nice at a time like this, with everything taking a downtrodden, serious turn.[break][break]
“Actually, we talked about wearing those at the wedding,” he retorted with a laugh, “since it’ll be right out there on the beach n’ all. Though I think the one with the buoys and wingull on it is way more fitting.” If that was her opinion on style, then he definitely had to make sure she didn’t look in his clothing closet. She might really come for him then.[break][break]
He reached over and knocked her on the temple with a knuckle. “I’d like to keep my house unburnt, though, thanks.” A grin returned, relaxed despite the concern that lingered in his head, out of sight. “Like you said, I can’t forget where home is, and that might be hard to do if you commit arson against me.”[break][break]
Tucking his worries away, he avoided exacerbating Robin’s own anxieties that much more. Especially when signs of her typical demeanor began to creep back out into the light. He’d said his piece, and now the best he could do was continue to be there. “Thanks again, by the way,” Lam added after a beat, the mischief in his grin fading to something softer, more earnest. “Not every day you get a free dragon bird from your little sis.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
gilded [m]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2024 18:11:20 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven