ollie morales
color my world [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 2:49:44 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollietop"]
[attr="class","ollieollie"]

"you said your name was scout, right?"

[break][break] the league's head ranger looked down at the application form in front of him, eyes scanning over the scrawl in the form. green eyes shift over the small profile picture provided with the form, comparing it to the image of the kid seated in front of him.

[break][break] it reminds him a little of himself when he'd first signed up, all those years ago. who knew that his path would lead him here? he certainly hadn't. he had just wanted to give a little goodness back to the world, and done the only thing he could think of at the moment.

[break][break] "so, why do ya wanna be a ranger?"

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

commitment: act i [break]
past thread

[newclass=".ollieollie"]--accent:#FFAF47; } .ollieollie { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 80px 50px; } .ollieollie b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ollieollie i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .ollieollie u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .ollieollie .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .ollieollie .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .ollieollie img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".ollietop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFAF47;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aloe

he / him
twenty
july 17
fortree city
asexual
ranger
cadet
5'8" height
5'8" height
standing on our street but nobody's home
awards
49 posts
SCOUT WILDER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @scout
SCOUT WILDER
color my world [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2024 0:41:26 GMT
SCOUT WILDER Avatar
Just before he had left to join the Rangers, he had asked his mom if he needed a resume. She laughed at him. What would you even put on it?

And it was fair. Scout knows he doesn't exactly have much qualifiable experience besides a high school diploma and a short CPR course (he has the certificate around here, somewhere, swear...). He sits in front of Head Ranger Morales, trying his best not to squirm in his chair, and gives a single, short nod to confirm his identity.

The next question is a softball. But when Scout starts talking, maybe he thinks he should have thought his words through a bit more. "I want to um, help people. Which seems needed. Because of... current events," he says, "And I like the outdoors."

He adds, quietly: "I was an Eagle Scout."

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
color my world [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2024 14:14:12 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]

"wow! an eagle scout. that's impressive."

[break][break] ollie's expression is good-natured and easygoing, his smile warm as he looks at the other.

[break][break] "you know, when i was a kid, i was an eagle scout too. it teaches you a lot of things already, so i bet you're all sorts of skilled."

[break][break] he chuckled.

[break][break] "tell me a bit more about yourself, scout. like, what kind of current events do you mean? or - what kind of people do you wanna help?"

[break][break]

past thread

[newclass=".ollieollie"]--accent:#FFAF47; } .ollieollie { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 80px 50px; } .ollieollie b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ollieollie i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .ollieollie u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .ollieollie .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .ollieollie .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .ollieollie img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".ollietop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFAF47;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aloe

he / him
twenty
july 17
fortree city
asexual
ranger
cadet
5'8" height
5'8" height
standing on our street but nobody's home
awards
49 posts
SCOUT WILDER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @scout
SCOUT WILDER
color my world [m]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 19:42:26 GMT
SCOUT WILDER Avatar
Head Ranger Morales's smile is almost a little disconcerting in its sincerity. Scout finds himself matching it with his own, albeit much shakier and gummier, grin. He slides his hands underneath his legs to still them.

"Cool." He asks, genuinely curious: "Which troop?"

He wonders what the Eagle Scouts were like when Morales was a kid. That must have been ages ago. Decades, even.

The next question feels a bit more like a test. "You know, like the war." Scout says. "I was fourteen when they attacked Slateport. My dad — um, he's a sailor. Sometimes his ships go through there."

He takes a deep breath. "And I know most people can take care of themselves. And that's what the officers are for. But all the wild Pokémon that don't know what's going on... someone needs to help them, too."

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
color my world [m]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 1:55:54 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]

"pallet town!"

"you ever been to kanto?"

[break][break] ollie says it cheerfully, like breaching a topic about the weather, or his favorite brand of chips that most definitely would not agree with.

[break][break] he nods his head in understanding when the kid starts talking about the war - it's the most common reason of late, and expectedly so, but it does make a bit of sadness settle in his chest. that the reason people are signing up for this are because of something so -

[break][break] "you're right," he says softly. "someone needs to help them too."

[break][break] he clears his throat, lifting a finger:

[break][break] "we rangers help pokemon, but we also help humans too - in a way. we're ambassadors of the region, so it's both our job to make sure the pokemon of hoenn are safe but that the civilians make sure to obey all kinds of restrictions and laws so that we can live safely together. and of course, responding to things like natural disasters."

[break][break] a pause.

[break][break] "okay, last question, scout! promise. what do you think is the most important thing about being a ranger?"

[break]

past thread

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP