awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Bro Camp
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2024 10:10:30 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn stood at the threshold of Petalburg Woods, his Scyther carving stick figures coolly into the ground. They were early. Part of it was because Finn was a punctual man; but he was also really excited to go camping with his new friend Noah.

As a familiar figure dawned on the horizon, Finn adjusted his feet. He tried not to look too excited. Would he look like an overenthusiastic loser who didn't have a social life?

On one hand, he kinda was - but that was a secret tightly kept underneath his razor sharp facade. Everyone in the School looked up to him as a veteran; that meant he had few he could call friends. It was lonely at the cutting edge of the sword. But Finn couldn't let that be known. He was too cool to be vulnerable.

But not too unbothered to make sure he picked out the latest sneakers for his trip and spiked his hair well.

"How's it going?" Finn nodded smartly. Futou, his Scyther, followed suit. Internally, Finn was beaming.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,572 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Bro Camp
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 7:11:34 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"been better. been busy." noah says with a wave. [break][break]

he readjusts the straps of his backpack, its contents jostling about with a clang. a pot perhaps. or some well-worn pan.[break][break]

his machamp follows behind him, holding a rolled up tent.[break][break]

"how's the school doing? i know rocket's resurgence has thrown a lot of us in for a loop."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/SETT%20ICONS/setticon5.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
Be the power to compel me, hold me closer than anyone before
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Bro Camp
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 0:57:47 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

"We're good. We mostly keep to ourselves, anyway." Flying sword was quiet and peaceful... for the most part. Even though Finn could see the shadows brewing beyond its gates. But what mattered to him was that if - or when - the battle came to his door, they would be able to protect themselves.

But maybe not bring that up at this time?

"How're things on your end?"

As they walked into the woods, the naked sunlight filtered out, becoming diffused and softer as it passed through the treetops.

"Do you know where we're going, by the way?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,572 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Bro Camp
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 8:23:55 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"there should be a dece enough spot just ahead, but a lot happens here nowadays."[break][break]

now long ago, there had been the reported blight. sightings of aggressive pokemon sporting grotesque chains of flesh. in the future, this wood would bear witness to the fiery fall of petalburg city too.[break][break]

"there." he points to an open area overlooking a sparkling view of the western sea. a dormant fire pit and yellowing grass can be seen where previous campers had walked. [break][break]

he clicks his pokeball, and from that faithful red bolt, his machamp emerges. all arms ready for the pitching of a tent.[break][break]

"what inspired to reach out to me for a camp trip, by the way?" noah says. "your message came at a good time, so i appreciate that man."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/SETT%20ICONS/setticon5.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Bro Camp
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 0:59:35 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Why did Finn reach out to Noah?

If Noah could see Finn's face, he might have noticed a sheepish smile - but Finn busied himself unloading his bag and pulling out supplies. Keeping himself occupied, as he always did, because he'd rather wrestle with work and things than with his feelings.

The honest answer? Finn didn't have many friends. It was lonely being the only guy in the Master's House in Flying Sword.

"Eh, I just wanted to get away from the School for a bit. How are things with you?"

It took some courage for Finn to ask. He was one who rarely spoke, rarely connected. But he felt like Noah was someone he could let into the inner circle of his life.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,572 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Bro Camp
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 6:18:11 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"who wouldn't want to get out of school for a lil bit?" noah laughs. "glad i could take you out, man."[break][break]

metal tent poles sinking like salamence fangs into earth. his machamp is quick, each arm busied with several steps at once. noah holds the tent body up and away from smothering the grommets.[break][break]

"just happy to be out and about too dude." the gym leader breathes the fresh air in full. "y'know, i usually thought guys like you were like, totally into the swordsman school life. like they lived and breathed life at the dojo. guess i misjudged you."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Bro Camp
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 14:26:07 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn chuckled when Noah said that he'd thought Finn was some other kind of person. He couldn't blame his new friend - that was the Finnegan Yang that he wanted to project to the world, a Finnegan that had to exist out of duty. But there was Finnegan, and there was Finn. The former was a strict swordsmaster; the latter a green-haired boy that, sometimes, just wanted to swoop out of the school to get boba in Fortree City.

"Yeah, I kinda do live and breathe swordplay, but it's nice to smell the flowers too. Glad to be here with you, man."

The good thing about being two guys who worked with their hands? They made short work of everything. Finn admired the teamwork between Noah and his Machamp as they passed bits and bobs between themselves, putting up a sturdy tent within mere minutes. Futou, Finn's Scyther, nodded in stoic respect as he came up to Finn and tapped the side of his arm. They should make themselves useful too.

"We're gonna cut down some trees fore firewood. Wanna come along?" Futou's eyes glinted at the chance to show off how sharp his blades were.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven