awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[wops] saskia & yuina
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2024 22:11:26 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
participants must rescue stranded people and pokemon from the sinking Sea Mauville, coordinating efforts to evacuate them safely amidst rising waters and crumbling structures.

she nearly trips into the skiff as rangers file quickly down the docks, all of them donning life vests and grabbing equipment as captains bark orders and assignments. on her way down, she grabs two life preservers, fresh bottles of water, and ensures her own pokemon are strapped to her suit. 

"hey, okay, i know how these things work. are you set to go?" she asks in a rush as she clambers over to the motor, dunking it into the water and fingers fumbling with the ripcord to start the engine. 

12. Ensure efficient supplies are available for the operation.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Historian/Anomaly Ecologist
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
[wops] saskia & yuina
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2024 17:41:31 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]
[attr="class","yuinatag"]

[attr="class","yuinamain"]

Gearing up and making sure that the basic necessities had been obtained, Yuina filed into the docks with the rest of the rangers being deployed to the sinking Sea Mauville.[break][break]
They're sanctioned small motor boats, enough room for pairs, and she found herself working to get situated on the small vessel with a young woman who worked on the motor. How fortunate it was, that she knew how to work the contraption... Yuina had little to no experience with motors, it just hadn't been a necessity for her, not when she would have taken to one of her Pokemon instead.[break][break]
"Yeah, I'm ready," Yuina offered. She took out a Pokeball, tossing the orb high above her to release Harrow into the air.[break]
"Harrow, get ahead of us. Get an aerial view of what we're dealing with," she communicated, sending the Braviary ahead to ascertain the situation.

notes[break]
04. Direct a pokemon to scout ahead for reconnaissance.[break]

[attr="class","yuinapoke"]

[newclass=.yuina]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina div.quote_body] margin: 10px -25px -20px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinamain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:30px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina b] color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina i] color: #cecece; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinapoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[wops] saskia & yuina
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 2:54:09 GMT
"oh, wow. he's beautiful," she marvels, hazels following after the bird as it flies off to scout under yuina's orders. she drops her gaze, reading her fellow ranger's name embroidered on her gear and then putters off in the same direction as the braviary. 

"nice to meetcha, ranger higashi. i think i've seen you around a bit in hq. you're elite, right?

while she follows dutifully along, she keeps an eye out around them. this close to one of the ranger checkpoints, it's unlikely any civilians are stranded, but hey, she got stuck on a sandbar a few kilometers from here. 

25. Perform thorough searches of the area to locate missing individuals or threats.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
[wops] saskia & yuina
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 16:45:45 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Knowing Harrow would come back around if anything was particularly distressing that required they move with haste, Yuina kept an eye then on their own path to make sure that they could actually make it to their target location without too much trouble. The more the sea mauville collapsed and broke apart, the more pieces of it caused debris fields and got caught in rocks and corals. They would have to make sure the small vessel could get back and forth if they needed to bring anyone stranded back with them.[break][break]
"Oh, uhm, thank you," Yuina returned first, smiling softly at the woman's kind words.[break]
"He'd love to hear you say that again. He has the same vanity that most birds do," she offered, a small laugh at knowing that even in spite of his stoic and serious demeanor, he had that same ruffle in his feathers any time he received a compliment.[break][break]
"I spend as much time at HQ as anyone else, so it's likely. You can call me Yuina though? We are working together after all, what would you prefer I call you," she wondered, opening the floor for a little less formality. She wasn't going to pretend that she was an important figurehead that needed to be referred to be a rank title. She still wondered if she should be donning the blue armband at all most days.[break][break]
"Oh, hang back a second, it looks like there's something up ahead," Yuina remarked, sitting up straighter and looking out to the near distance. Sure enough, there was some drifting debris in the way. She took out a Pokeball, pressing the steam release of an ancient technology and Daikenki appeared wading now in the water beside them. The Samurott barked and moved ahead of them, using Whirlpool to move and shift the debris around and out of the way.

notes[break]
32. Clear debris or other obstacles to create safe pathways.[break]

[newclass=.yuina]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina div.quote_body] margin: 10px -25px -20px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinamain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:30px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina b] color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina i] color: #cecece; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinapoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[wops] saskia & yuina
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2024 18:12:49 GMT
"oh, okay," she says, relieved. formality isn't really her strong suit, but she's trying to be better at it. "i'm saskia! but you can call me sasky."

she is as distracted, immediately, when yuina releases the coolest looking samurott she's ever seen in her life. her eyes sparkle, taken by the sight and the display of effortless control of the water. frogger, settled in her lap now, has a similar look on his own face, mouth slightly agape. 

"that's a hisuian samurott, isn't it! so cool. i've never seen one up close." then her sight slides past the samurott and she sees, a few clicks away, some frothing water. 

"i think...i think that's a school of wishiwashi." and by the looks of it, they're trapped on all sides by more debris. 

frogger leaps nimbly out of her hands before she can protest, sticky pads clinging to the samurott's back. he looks a little green around the gills, surprised by his own bravery, and sasky chides, "we ask first, frogger!" turning to yuina, she huffs and says, "sorry about him."

38. Manage and guide hordes of pokemon to safety.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
[wops] saskia & yuina
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2024 18:28:40 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Formalities aside, thankfully, Yuina nodded at the name offered to her.[break]
"Sasky, it's good to meet you," she smiled, watching carefully as they moved closer to where Daikenki worked to move things around and out of the way with his whirlpool. They'd have a clear path, but only just, there was much more debris in the way that was becoming more apparent the closer they got.[break][break]
"Yes, that's right," Yuina offered, praising almost, to her delight at Sasky recognizing Daikenki for what he was.[break]
"He is a close study of mine. I work primarily with the now 'critically endangered' Hisuian Era Pokemon that are coming back from extinction," she elaborated, but only just, there wasn't exactly time for her to fall into the minutae of her work. There were Pokemon just ahead that were surrounded and trapped by the debris field that was drifting from the sinking structures beyond, and they needed to get them out and clear.[break][break]
Daikenki too noticed the school of fish ahead, but before he started forward to assess, he felt something cling to his back. His jowls raised first, fangs ready with a snarl, assuming an enemy... But he heard the other human's voice before he turned, finding a small frog clung to his fur.[break]
The Samurott leaned forward, sniffing avidly at the Froakie before he chuffed, a greeting, or an acceptance of sorts. He took no other action, instead moved through the water with the frog on his back, an ally, and help for moving towards the debris field to get the Wishiwashi free.[break][break]
"That's alright, let's make sure we can get closer to help out, Daikenki and Frogger can get started on seeing what kind of path we can make."

notes[break]
--[break]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[wops] saskia & yuina
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2024 1:29:19 GMT
frogger almost gets eaten by the big scary water otter-dog, which would suck, except sasky is not really paying attention. she's looking at yuina with a mix of awe and adoration, mind abuzz with a million and one other questions around her field of study.

saskia maneuvers their skiff a little closer, turning her gaze over the stern to make sure no stray pieces of debris end up in their motor. dmitry helps keep the space clear behind them to ensure they don't get stuck.

when they're close enough, frogger pats the side of daikenki's side and then barfs out a jetstream of water, knocking aside a heavy metal container. 

"they make a good team," sasky says. "but i hope the only thing that's got the fish riled up is being stuck...i don't see anything else around."

objectives complete
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
[wops] saskia & yuina
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 16:22:25 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Slowly and carefully, Daikenki and Frogger began to work on the debris field. They had to make sure they didn't move anything too quickly that could harm any of the many many wishiwashi that flailed within the boundaries, but also make it quick so as to help them get out.[break]
Where Frogger worked on one side of Daikenki, pushing pieces away with his water, Daikenki used his seamitar to try and break pieces that were stuck together apart to make them easier to move.[break][break]
"Just because we don't see anything doesn't mean there might not be something there...," Yuina worried, there could be anything within the depths below that they couldn't see yet... Especially because Wishiwashi just had so many natural predators.[break][break]
From above, Harrow's shadow swept over the water, and the bird screeched as he came diving towards the surface. His crest glowed furiously with psychic energy, he found something, and was aiming to attack. As he lifted up and swept over the water's surface, within the energy of his Psychic a Tentacruel came up with him, flying away to take it away from where they were.[break][break]
"We have to hurry and break up the debris so the Wishiwashi can escape... Who knows how many Tentacruel there could be."

notes[break]
--[break]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[wops] saskia & yuina
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 5:21:14 GMT
there's merit to her words for sure and sasky knows she really shouldn't do as much wishful thinking as she often does, but she's ever the optimist. unfortunately, she's proven the glass really is half empty when yuina's braivery picks up a feisty jellyfish and hurls it some distance away.

dmitry plops into the water. there's a surprising amount of strength behind his every move and a few slams from his tail sends another couple of tentacool away. 

which helps the wishiwashi calm down enough for frogger and daikenki to shift things around without threatening to hurt the fish. the haphazard bed of debris groans and a pathway splits. the fish race out, silver streaks under the waves, and sasky grins as she watches them go. 

"whoo! we did it! now let's go see if there are any other fish caught like them too."

objectives complete
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
[wops] saskia & yuina
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2024 17:12:48 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

From above, Harrow made sure to keep any lingering jellyfish at bay, while he watched the small round Marill work below to chase off any others. Daikenki and Frogger worked together to break the final portions of the debris field up, and with all of their teamwork combined the Wishiwashi were free to flee back into the blue depths.[break][break]
Daikenki turned and brought himself and Frogger back towards the small boat their trainers were in, chuffing and sniffing at the small frog again, a form of thanks and comaradarie.[break]
"We should keep going for as long as we can, yeah. We'll call out to another team to follow along behind us to start gathering the larger pieces of debris that we bring to the surface," Yuina agreed, their work was far from over, even if there weren't any trapped Pokemon now didn't mean there wouldn't be later. If they could work out as much of the debris clusters as possible, that would minimize any rescue efforts going forward as everyone worked to mitigate the sinking of sea mauville.

notes[break]
--[break]

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
[wops] saskia & yuina
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2024 23:33:28 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]WOPS COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven