awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[wops] saskia & silverio
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2024 22:19:22 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
participants focus on protecting Sea Mauville's diverse pokemon population from the escalating crisis, ensuring their habitats remain intact and secure amidst the sinking structure.

water laps at her toes. she's on a sandbar. her air tank is half empty and after losing one of her flippers to a Great Tragedy, she tied the other one onto the back of her waterproof bag. dmitry and frogger are pouting. well, dmitry is. frogger is on the verge of a panic attack and won't leave saskia's ankles alone. 

"ranger volosenkova requesting a pick-up," she tries again into her radio. "i was separated from my group."

she had dived headfirst into the water when she'd seen a sharpedo struggling under the weight of shifted coral, gills flaring as it slowly suffocated to death. she couldn't leave the poor thing. and then her boat had pulled away to handle another crisis because this whole place is one big crisis. 

and anyway, the sharpedo was not very nice afterwards, which, okay, she understands, but a thank you still would have been nice. at least dmitry was there. 

"ranger volosenkova requesting pick-up again. hello? can anyone spare a boat?" she says, hopping from foot to foot, trying not to panic. 

15. Coordinate with other teams or local authorities.
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
[wops] saskia & silverio
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2024 23:48:05 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

of all the times he'd ever ridden on the surface of any body of water, not once before had he been exposed to an ongoing catastrophe such as this. needless that this was to be one of his greatest challenges yet, if not the absolute most impactful one of his young tenure as a ranger. he could not recall a time during his run as a competitive battler lives would be changed for the worst.

and yet, strangely enough, he finds himself out at sea once more, en route to a locale where impending doom was apparent...

no, hold that thought! silverio was prepping to dispatch himself from a boat along with his two aquatic companions, a bubbly frog pokémon and a six-foot-tall insectoid, to survey the waters ahead for potential oncoming dangers when a voice reached him from the comms. how anyone hadn't answered at that moment was anyone's guess, and so he opts to take the matter into his own hands.

"ranger volosenkova?" he responds, all the while signaling his frogadier to take to the waters, having it presume the role of a scout - because it was the smaller and faster of his two pokémon - paddling to and fro several meters in front of the boat. "this is ranger delfino speaking - can you tell me your location?"

operation #3: wildlife protection
objective #4: direct a pokemon to scout ahead for reconnaissance
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[wops] saskia & silverio
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 0:20:03 GMT
participants focus on protecting Sea Mauville's diverse pokemon population from the escalating crisis, ensuring their habitats remain intact and secure amidst the sinking structure.

"frankenstein, probably. and then dracula. ummm, and twilight?" she doesn't say this into the comms, of course, but she needs to babble to someone while waiting for someone to flip through to her channel amidst all the hubbub. 

(she absolutely says this into the comms; she does not remember to turn them off.)

frogger looks dolefully up at her as she recounts her three desert island books, but before she can get into discussing how they're going to live out the rest of their days on this little isle, someone answers her. 

she brightens immediately, startling dmitry, who rolls onto his back and wriggles crossly. 

"hi! ranger delfino, hi! yes, okay, thank gods, um. part of the sunken island. there's a lot of debris around. hold on." she signals for frogger. "we're sending up a signal. let me know if you can see it!" the froakie squeals as she wheels him around. after a couple of rotations, she lets go of her hand and he flips into the air; a spray of smokescreen pours out of his mouth as he trails up like a flare. 

09. Use signaling methods to call for additional support.
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
[wops] saskia & silverio
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 2:02:32 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

of all the people and the pokémon that may be on the brink of endangerment resulting from seemingly inevitable destruction, silverio had not considered the possibility that a fellow ranger would be among them. were they truly alone? and if so, the man could only wonder how they were managing to get by. in any case, one thing was certain, and it was that something needed to be done.

"...?"

excitement bleeding out from the comms now, ears wide open for the apparent lost one's coordinates, which from the sounds of them, could be just about anywhere out in the open sea. although, the mention of debris would prove to be a solid hint. trapped amongst the rubble, perhaps. and so it was decided, silverio sets an objective for himself: help this person. up ahead, in the water, his frogadier croaks, signaling that he may have spotted something.

or someone, rather...

with the help of...smoke? a tactic all too familiar to the aquatic critter. coordinates set. "yes, i see you! stay right where you are, i'm en route to you now!" the paldean declares, then calls his frog back. full speed ahead to the doomed island plagued with debris. "let's clean this up!" he commands his golisopod upon touching down from the boat, inciting the help of his razor-sharp claws to slice up masses of junk and corroded materials across the littered sands on the way to meet thge wayward ranger.

several minutes pass before finally arriving at the position given away by the cloud of smoke. "hey, you alright? how long you've been out here?" he addresses the woman, noting the two small pokémon with her. before proceeding, he'd look to tend to all three, ensuring their safety and health.

objective #32: clear debris or other obstacles to create safe pathways
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[wops] saskia & silverio
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 18:03:11 GMT
her grimace flips upside down into a beaming smile when the other side sparks with confirmation. frogger does a couple flips in the air, legs flailing, but he manages to right himself in order to dive neatly into the water. he crawls up onto the shore a few seconds later, blinking up at saskia. 

"you did it, buddy! they're coming." his relief is palpable. 

dmitry, bored of awaiting rescue, makes himself useful by scrounging up bits of what's been washing onto their little sandbar. by the time silverio has arrived, saskia is crouching and going through cracked pieces of tech. 

she looks down at herself when he asks if she's okay and she admits - "kind of thirsty, actually, if you have water?" her swimsuit protected her from the coral, but part of it had torn at her ankle. she hadn't realized it until now, when he's checking her over.

"um, maybe like forty minutes? my watch cracked." here's to hoping they don't take that out of her paycheck. "but where were you headed? i still got half a tank left in my scuba gear and i know we're still scrambling out here. we're all good to go."

28. Recover essential resources or items.
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
[wops] saskia & silverio
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2024 5:44:07 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"water, sure. sit tight, we'll get you some." suppose that it was only natural for anyone in this situation to be famished or parched. silverio signals for his own froggy friend to fetch a canteen that was left behind on the boat, and his two pokémon were undoubtedly in such a hurry to come to her aid that they'd forgotten to bring some of the essential supplies with them. meanwhile, the man moves to examine the fellow ranger - she appeared to be well enough, no signs of injury, or at leat not anything conspicuous.

in a matter of minutes what felt like only seconds, the frogadier returns with a metallic container filled with iced-cold freshwater and proceeds to offer it to saskia. "forty minutes..." silv repeats, with questions whirlpooling around in his mind. no question that was far too long for a person to be stranded, especially when dire transpirings were afoot.

those thoughts are set aside at the sound of her inquiry, prompting him to look over his own equipment - still in one piece to say the least, with a near-full oxygen supply to boot. "what a coincidence; it just so happens that i was on my way with a few others to dive in and help some pokémon that were reported to be trapped underneath some rubble underwater. you're welcome to come and ride out with me, but we oughta be quick about getting off this island. i suspect that if a hide tide comes around, then we'll all sink."

silv then calls for his pokémon to do away with nearby debris to ensure a safe passage back to the boat. eyes dart in the woman's direction once more before initiating steps back towards whence he came. "i can hook you up with a fresh tank too, if you need one."

objective #3: address environment hazards
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[wops] saskia & silverio
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2024 15:55:50 GMT
the bit of lethargy trying to cling to her is washed away as soon as she guzzles half the water silverio gives her. it tastes absolutely marvelous and it's so cold. the perfect second wind to keep her going. 

"right-o, captain. no point staying here. i think my marill scavenged anything useful already." she hands the water bottle back, but only after making sure her pokemon get a couple sips as well. 

then she follows him carefully through some of the floating debris. the water is past their ankles now. sheesh, he's right about the tide. at the very least, it makes casting their boat from the shore easier. 

"you really saved my bacon," she says as she settles onto the middle bench, stretching out her pruny toes. frogger cuddles up next to her, mouth slightly ajar as he admires the evolved form of his cousin. dmitry looks purposefully off the bow, pipping intermittently to help instruct while his golisopod clears the way. 

"oh, heck yeah. thanks." she undoes her straps and shrugs off the tank backpack, fingers twisting the locks to let the canister pop out. it hisses as she disconnects it. she quickly screws the top shut and offers it out to him in exchange. 

"so where you based? don't think i've seen you on the field before."

operatives complete
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
[wops] saskia & silverio
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2024 19:04:09 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

it seems to be that water was the kind of rejuvenator that she needs, and the timing for it couldn't be any better perhaps. there would be plenty more to spare on-board the ship if she'd want it. and maybe the need for additional resources wouldn't pose to be as much as a concern as the man had envisioned. he briefly examines the two small water pokémon accompanying the young woman, both appearing to be in a fair enough shape, and apparently were of a great deal of help despite their size.

one of those valuable life lessons he had come to learn during his expedition as a competitive battler in paldea was to always look to take advantage of any resources that are either given or found; suffice to say that the marill and the froakie were prime examples of this. while he appreciates the praise, saskia's pokémon played a considerable part in locating her. "it's no problem really, and besides, if your froakie here hadn't been able to use smokescreen the way it did, then chances would be that i might not have been able to find you at all. so...yeah, thanks for that." he responds, offering acknowledgement in kind.

"although i can't help but wonder how no one had answered your distress call sooner..." never mind that, there was still a job to do after all...

his frogadier is then designated as a lookout for any other would-be threats to either the group or the soon-to-be collasped environment, but not before having its attention drawn to its amphibious brethren perhaps, with a tilt of his wet head.

swiftly, he takes her canister, then from a less-than-conspicuous compartment on the boat, he snaps on a new oxygen container with the needle on its gauge pointing out to the far right, which would indicate that it's completely filled and prepped for usage. "all set, here you go."

he's then hit with a valid question, and a rather common one at that. he answers as the golisopod readied itself to use its muscles to propel the boat off-shore, the frogadier instinctively hopping on board as it does so. "i'm stationed in rustboro, though most other cities have been stretched thin lately, so i've been called to help pretty much anywhere i'm needed really. what about you?"

objectives complete
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[wops] saskia & silverio
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 3:37:47 GMT
"oh, that was all frogger," she says with a flippant wave of her hand, always at the ready to pass off any bit of praise to the adorable members of her team. her brows furrow as she fiddles with more of her equipment. the stray flipper, she unties and tosses onto the deck. no sense letting it weigh her down. 

i really hope that doesn't come out of my paycheck, she thinks in dismay. that poor solitary other flipper is probably all the way at the bottom of the ocean already.

"eh, the radio has so much noise on it and honestly, it wasn't like i was in crazy, immediate danger." except she'd have been in trouble if an angry swarm of pokemon had shown up, or her little slice of island had been hit by a wave, or a giant rampaging primal whale decided to turn around and head to them. 

hmmm

"rustboro! swanky city boy, huh?" she says with a tilt of her lips. "i'm up in oldale with my pa. we don't have many rangers out there and hq's pretty small, but i adore it. been traveling a lot though.

"hoenn's always got something going on."
 she looks around them to emphasize her point. with her gear all double-checked, she tucks her hair up into a ponytail and grins. 

"alright. let's go do what us rangers do best."
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
[wops] saskia & silverio
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 4:23:49 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

a total team effort, it was, in spite of the denials of praise. suppose that the man ought to not waste precious seconds in debating it; that time would be better invested in rescuing pokémon that were trapped within hordes of debris, and every second wasted was a second lost. after all, a ranger's equipment could be easily replaced but a pokémon's life could not.

he can understand the difficulties involving the comms, nodding along to the woman's explanation. "yeah, makes sense. the radio frequencies having exactly been the best here either, but luckily they were clear enough to catch you calling out to us. that's a win in my book." to ensure everyone's safety, they would surely a wide number of said 'wins'.

a small town girl, huh?

"home is where the heart is, isn't it? i'm originally from paldea, although i've come to like it here, in spite of everything going on, that is." she was right about one thing, and it was there was always something transpiring, even now when there were lives at stake.

he offers a smile in return while gearing up to take a dive. as he does so, images of recent events began to play in his mind like a slideshow. pokémon has become a vital part of his life, thus, it was safe to say that he'd be willing to risk that life in order to save theirs.

"ready when you are...partner!"

objectives complete
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
[wops] saskia & silverio
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 6:14:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]WOPS COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven