kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chase [m]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2024 2:46:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"we've been going on circles, mabosstiff. do you really know where to go?"

the sound of constant whining can be heard through the alleys of slateport's residential area at the upper district. the tone wasn't harsh, but it was reminiscent of the way people use to talk to their pets rather than one trainers use for their pokemon during the heat of a fight.

besides, the mabosstiff's trainer doesn't seem to mind his pokemon being unable to do its task.

"look at you being silly and shit. we have been here already, you goose."

it devolves into baby talk.

kyle starts following his pokemon around as they go from one corner to another. he holds his phone up close, recording the way the dog walks from behind, clearly amused by the waddle.

too absorbed on his dog, he fails to notice another individual staring at him.

close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
chase [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 15:37:38 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vespabaskerville"]
[attr="class","body"]

Loitering around after school is over is quite - nice, in a way. At least on a hot summer day that doesn't allow her to stay inside and do anything like handling her laptop or tablet without begging her father's Abomasnow to cool things down a bit (and risk a frozen laptop, but that's okay!). At least this activity gives her the opportunity to look around and just absorb whatever Slateport City is offering while she is here because honestly, she doesn't know where she will be in a year. In a month, even! Hah, just kidding, she's probably still crunching exams or something like that. But a year? So long, so short ...[break]
[break]
Just as she shivers in thought of the future (and less so because of the weather), her eyes catch onto something ... strange. Peculiar, even. It's a figure she thinks she might have seen around more often. And/or on some news of any kind. But this ... err. She furrows her eyebrows, walking over to the stranger, with Grookey sitting on her shoulders, looking curiously. "Uhm ... does that count as public disturbance, by any chance?" Well, she is kind of disturbed. (But the Mabosstiff is cute, though!)

[break]

MISSION: We All Float

- 1/5+ posts required.[break]
- Investigate reports of missing children; are truly Drifloon and Drifblim behind these cases?

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville"]--accent:#57a586;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,584 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chase [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2024 19:10:42 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it should be," he huffs, answering her. he turns back to his mabosstiff. "see? you're causing disturbance."

he clicks his tongue a few times after scolding the dog before turning to face the voice that decided to further push his agenda to the dog he just started training. a quick glance immediately profiles her, and just as fast, he skips a train of thought to make a statement.

"ah, shit. is school out already?"

there was no telling how long they could have been out. it could be as long as five hours or they could've just been playing around for five minutes. despite carrying a phone all the time, he barely checked it for the time.

rather, he tried to avoid it since he knows he'll just disappoint himself once he learned he barely put in any effort.

"you're, like, at high school, right?" he clarifies before further berating his pokemon. "see? you've been dawdling for so long we've missed the time period. we're supposed to be done before kindergartners are out."

the mabosstiff whines. kyle feels bad but couldn't do anything but scratch the back of his head since he cannot take back the words he had said.

close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
chase [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 15:47:42 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Vespa gives the other a deadpan look, trailing her eyes back and forth between trainer and Pokémon before clearing her throat, "... I actually meant you. You, err, are you not disturbing the public?" But his confidence is kind of shaking her own confidence, maybe a little. He's a strange guy, that much she gets by now. The Grookey on her shoulders is only looking curiously, the hand holding his prized stick reaching out a little.[break]
[break]
"... Yeah, been for - about thirty minutes, maybe? Got the late classes, though, so who knows about the rest," she only manages to reply to the stranger before he's already going on about something else. Why would this guy care? What even has he been doing? Is that some type of influencer trend on social media these days? Definitely not in her circles of the internet, that's for sure ... she crosses her arms, "Done with what? Are you filming something? And why is it your Pokémon's fault, and not yours?" Seriously, just what is this stranger even doing ... The Mabosstiff is cute, though. She feels the urge to pet him, but holds back (until she knows what is going on, anyway).

[break]

- 2/5+ posts required.[break]
- Investigate reports of missing children; are truly Drifloon and Drifblim behind these cases?

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,584 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chase [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 3:17:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle, unfortunately, is well-versed at being selective at his answers to ignore parts of the conversation that he doesn't need to be answered while making sure there's enough substance in his reply to move the conversation along. he could argue about his loitering not being a disturbance, but it's all subjective in his opinion at the end of the day.

"think of me being here as, um, an insurance for public safety," he answers. "i already did my job as a trainer, but when the trainee doesn't do what he was trained for, then..."

the mabosstiff whines at being blamed. kyle softens with a sigh and a droop of his shoulders, followed by a scratch behind the dark-type's ears.

"see? widdle baby wikes being petted that's why we can't do anything pwoductive."

the answer is laced with the tone of baby talk as to not upset the mabosstiff. the reality is that puppy dog eyes work so well against kyle.

"anyways, have you heard of kids going home late around the neighborhood?" he asks. "some parents are worried about it so they asked me to figure it out."

kyle already figured out that a third party was involved, but asking the children directly would close down all avenues of figuring it out. they are, after all, petty and driven by a desire to go against being controlled by their parents.

close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
chase [m]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 13:55:39 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Listening to the stranger is like listening to ... well, she doesn't know. An internet hot take, maybe - like some of those rambles that make surprisingly sense at two in the morning, only for one to be reeled back into a more logical reality by the time the sun rises. And then she can only ask herself, what the heck did I read again?, and move on with her day.[break]
[break]
Which she, really, could also do right now. But - still, she's intrigued. She saw this figure here and now, after all, and he never seemed to do anything ...[break]
[break]
...[break]
[break]
... 'pwoductive'. "Uh ... sure, I guess, if you say so," she remarks at long last, all retorts dying with the baby speak. Instead, she blinks a few times, looking over to the Grookey who looks like it has not one single thought in his mind. She looks back to the other, who changed the topic to something entirely else. Something about ... kids going home late?[break]
[break]
Vespa squints, trying to recall anything. "Maybe? On my way, I heard Mrs. Vans asking around about her three daughters who seem to be late? Dunno, though," she shares what she knows, looking curiously at the Mabosstiff trainer, "so ... you're an officer, or what?"

[break]

- 3/5+ posts required.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,584 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chase [m]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2024 3:51:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"something like that."

he technically had been one before he ultimately moved on to the next profession. the job description, on the other hand, doesn't change much outside of him being unable to defer himself to paperwork instead of field work.

it was one of the disadvantages of being self-employed, he supposed. every responsibility falls on him.

"i'm more of the person you go to if you'd rather skip the complicated things like filling out forms and waiting for dates and other complicated nuances."

kyle grabs from his back pocket and produces a card from his wallet: private investigator, kyle lopez. he shows it to vespa, offering to give it if she cares enough.

"i get to hand out things like this too. makes me look professional-"

a bark sounds. the mabosstiff interrupts their conversation as it darts to a direction, leaving the trainer behind. the social dilemma of choosing to go for his dog or abandon someone mid conversation gets him nervous.

"so, um, i need to go after him now. do you, um..."

he finds difficulty in wording his thought.

close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
chase [m]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 11:02:14 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Uh ... hum," she offers in response to his explanation to his job - taking the business card with curiosity, though she doesn't know if it'll have much value for her later. If nothing else, it doesn't hurt to stick it into her journal, it'll be where she can find it, should she actually need it. She kind of hopes not, though - something about the other also makes her rather feel distrust than safety, but perhaps, she is quite wrong on that, too. Never judge a book by its cover ... or something. Even if the book cover kind of feels like a meme.[break]
[break]
"Riveting," she remarks dryly, questioning how 'professional' it really makes him look (... alright, she has to hand it to him - handing out business cards does feel rather professional), though nonetheless, she finds herself a little intrigued. In the end, his case seems to be somewhat local of a thing, and something tells her that she could be very well interested. Looking as the Mabosstiff goes to action, however, she feels the urge to tag along. And maybe ...[break]
[break]
"Is he on a trail? Can I tag along? I can be your - henchman. I mean, sidekick - sidekick fits better, right?" In truth, Vespa would rather be the detective, but he - Kyle Lopez? - is the one with the business cards, so she has to give that one up for now. Nudging the Grookey on her shoulder, she also adds, "and he can be my sidekick. A sidekick's sidekick."

[break]

- 4/5+ posts required.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven