Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 15:21:22 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

The embarrassment of her mind conjuring up Montgomery at the first opportunity washes away with her intrigue at Lulu's question. "I have seen what is left of it." Hell, she'd snatched up a Nihilego egg inside the wreckage. And, well, nearly lost her life in it, too. The Deep Sea was a common occurrence in her dreams. It was never pleasant. [break][break]

The ship began to form. [break][break]

"The interdream zone juggles multiple consciousnesses at once without issue. Truly impressive," she breathed out. Her own Gemini study had had its own hiccups, artifacts from one subconscious and another. She wondered if the natural zone could be interrupted, disturbed, distorted. She knew it could be influenced; their minds, now, were doing that. "If we imagine the edge of the zone, could we find it?" Her glee was clear. The possibilities were genuinely endless. Perhaps, the zone had no natural borders. Perhaps, it was a fixed realm that bled into theirs or transported them into its domain. It could be anything.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,688 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 3:38:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango lulu"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]a haunted graveyard of a ship. she wondered what ameena’s experience there had been like, but that memory was surely another thing to be kept carefully at bay on that foggy plane.[break][break]

recollections patched together, something like an etch-a-sketch shifting before them until it was all there: the remains of the quastor lucis.[break][break]

lulu swept her hand through snowflakes and mist, and watched in wonder as its hull smoothed and repaired, like clay under the meat of her palm.[break][break]

“who’s to say we wouldn’t conjure up the wrong thing?” she glanced at her colleague, hand still moving as though she were conducting an orchestra. ”if macro cosmos’s app had any truth to it, the edge is like the event horizon of a black hole. no coming back. 'game over'.”[break][break]

“anything that goes past that point ceases to be,” holo’s avatar had said.[break][break]

however, lulu had another idea. ”i believe there are pathways deeper in the dream realm. perhaps we can find and bring their coordinates back to the waking world.”
[break][break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".lulu"] --accent:#7C6678!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; overflow:hidden;} .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 15:58:47 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

The ship forms before her eyes. Lulu's got a great confidence and creativity in manipulating the realm. Ameena's transfixed with observing and, admittedly, almost shy about conjuring. She's made too many mistakes lately. She fears making one in front of her most valued ally. [break][break]

The edge of the realm being a permanent ending is a painful thought. It only makes her want to see it more. Tentatively, she generates a hand-held lantern in her hand. "Deeper pathways," she echoes. "Like a different layer?" She hadn't considered the realm having depth if that's the sense Lulu intends. She imagined it built wide, not tall. Like wild plains, maybe. But she always imagined the dream realm's natural entry point for dreamers to suit her house metaphor with the hallways and infinite doors. [break][break]

"How well can we track our position for coordinates? I have never tried it." She'd spent little time in the naturally-occurring mist in Hoenn. She focused on Musharna and psychic pokemon. This... felt deliciously out of her depths - but within the grasp of her fingertips, simultaneously. "Or is this more of a, tie a very long rope around all the explorers type of deal?" The imagery amuses her, but if it worked then she'd do it in a heartbeat.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,688 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 20:01:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]“yes. but, semantics maybe. after all, what might our up-down and left-right mean in a place beyond our four dimensions? perhaps the dream world is nonlinear – which would make recording coordinates very difficult, of course.”[break][break]

at the thought of explorers on a long rope, she smirked. “something like that.” there was a pause, before she elaborated, “through lucid dreaming. we’re going to make a drug.”[break][break]

we, as in rocket. more specifically, a talented chemist by the name of .[break][break]

“if we can find a way to measure and record points in similar dreams, perhaps we can triangulate the data and map from there.”[break][break]

she approached the hatch of the ship and it opened on its own. the still-developing interior began to resemble the one featured in the rks system.[break][break]

several meters behind her and her hovering lunatone, something like a giant spider passed through the shadows.[break][break]

”great memory, by the way.” lulu complimented about the exterior. ”shall we go inside?”[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; overflow:hidden;} .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 20:19:48 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

A drug? [break][break]

"How far are you in that project? A pharmaceutical approach is groundbreaking, but outside of my realm of expertise. Who is working with you?" She knew Elisabeth knew her way around poisons, but she didn't expect that to be the kind of project that interested the Underboss. [break][break]

The exterior of the boat was life-like. "Lucid dreaming taken a step further... I figured this approach would require psychic induced sleep." Making the brain do the work with the use of drugs seemed highly experimental. She wondered who would be the test rattata for it first, after initial human trials of unimportant people. [break][break]

She stepped inside at Lulu's prompting. Ameena swung her lantern this way and that to illuminate different artifacts. The light and shadow work made the dream inseparable from reality. "We might be closer to intentionally choosing doors if the lucid dreaming drug works. Creation in this 'scape is so fluid. The opportunity to craft the door I need..." She'd never been so close. She could see her mum again if everything worked out. If they played their cards right. It made something frantic pound in her chest. [break][break]

She didn't want to sound desperate, but she was. "How can I help expedite the process?"

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,688 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 20:58:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]“still looking for the right chemist.”[break][break]

and would be found not terribly long after, pouring drinks in a bar called the snake pit.[break][break]

”psychic-type pokemon and their energy will play a large part in the experiments, and perhaps even in the drug itself.”[break][break]

they entered. everything began to solidify, textures and shapes becoming more real and familiar under the light of ameena’s swinging lantern.[break][break]

lulu turned and raised a brow then at her. what door did she need? despite the clear curiosity in her eye, she still didn’t pry.[break][break]

”share your expertise in the development. when we locate the right person for the job, i’ll notify you with a contact.”[break][break]

a deep thump came from the far wall, presumably from something smashing into it from the outside.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 21:35:55 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ah, a search. She wondered how many advancements lied in the unexpected interdisciplinary study of dreams and drugs. Psychotropics impacted the mind in great ways, but it was hard to say what kind of drug would work for their purposes. After all, psychiatric medication wasn't always set on achieving what it did achieve - those with mood disorders could take anti-seizure drugs and receive the desired result. [break][break]

What if it was something as simple as an allergy medication? Truly, anything could be the magic concoction. [break][break]

Oh, she was invested. "You have me, whenever you need," she assured. Lulu was the visionary. Ameena's part in this work was less creative and more about hitting the same nail a thousand times to make sure you'd struck it at every possible effective angle. [break][break]

Then, the thump pulled her mind from the future and back to the present. "Could that be a Paradox pokemon?" She'd yet to fully piece together their relationship with the mist, but Musharna pulled up close to her anyways and cast future sight.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,688 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 22:06:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]the predictable answer. ameena had become invaluable, a colleague with whom to explore more than one unfathomable beyond.[break][break]

”i look forward to our discoveries.“[break][break]

for a moment, she lost sight of her own focus. the door ameena had mentioned captured her curiosity, and she pondered how to ask about it, before the thump on the wall.[break][break]

it thumped again, louder.[break][break]

a paradox pokemon? ”maybe.”[break][break]

it appeared in a window: a massive hand, that forcefully punched its way into their creation, shattering metal and glass.[break][break]

activating the sync stone at her chest, lulu commanded, ”lunatone, hold it back!”[break][break]

red eyes glowed, psychic energy straining to pin the thumb down while fingers stretched towards them, as though straining across an octave on a piano.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 22:35:27 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Insistent knocking. She looks to Lulu who takes the threat just as seriously, syncing with Lunatone and holding the mysterious force back. [break][break]

Until it can't be held back. [break][break]

She hand breaks through the wall of the ship and it splinters on impact. She blinks and misses it, that's how quickly it blurs into their reality. It snatches her with open fingers and slams her into the opposite wall, forcing the breath from her. The future sight had struck it, but the hand was unmarred. The psychic forces had held it for a moment, but it was an unstoppable force. [break][break]

"Fuck-" It crushed her chest, made breathing hard. Musharna's moveset was oriented for something with a mind, and this didn't seem to have one. She launched moon blast, but the hand was still unyielding. Ameena outreached a hand above, manifesting the wall material of the ship to scrunch up and form into a sharp spear as it descended down above her head, angled to pierce the hand to the ground. [break][break]

The hand relinquished her before the spear could stab it into the floor, giving Ameena the space to slump to the ground and fight for breath, gasping. Musharna didn't get the message about her futile attacks and struck again with a moon blast that didn't deter the hand from diving towards Lulu, now.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,688 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 23:10:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]self-sabotage was a perfect creature, slipped through the snow unseen, for the human mind however trained, however disciplined, could be no truly impenetrable fortress.[break][break]

”ameena!”[break][break]

when the hand released the rose-haired woman to the ground, lulu began towards her to help her up, only to find herself facing off with the memory herself.[break][break]

she dove out of the way, scrambling from just beside where it crashed into another side of the ship. ”dream eater! does your musharna know it?”[break][break]

lunatone did. it glowed again. this time, the dream stuff that made up their imagined foe began to unravel, wisps trailing back to the hovering moonrock. still, what was yet to be consumed struggled towards them menacingly.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 23:34:30 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Brilliant. [break][break]

"Moira, follow Lunatone's lead." She scrambles to her feet as Musharna follows suit, using dream eater to consume their reality in a display that's so trippy and reality-bending (wow, she had acclimated quickly to the reality of the ship) that her head spins with the sight of it. [break][break]

The hand gets consumed from the effort of their pokemon. [break][break]

Terrifying. Her heart pounded in her chest as she tried to gather her thoughts. "I have not seen that thing since... well, since I visited the RKS with Xenon." [break][break]

If the dream zone was interested in RKS elements, they were in hot water. She had died more times than she'd lived in the simulation, and there were plenty of bad deaths to experience. She feared the drowning, the Regirock clobbering, the hands. None of it would be easily tolerated.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,688 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 1:16:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
she wondered what the dream tasted like. what it felt like in the veins, as it was torn apart to nothing. only when it had disappeared did the burn of an old addiction subside.[break][break]

”it must have been part of the memory. mine, yours... both of ours, maybe.” she wondered if ameena had been captured by it, before her thoughts quickly returned to the safer present. ”tricky, this place.”[break][break]

through the shattered window, the farthest foggy reaches of mauville began to fade. crystals winked in distant sunlight.[break][break]

”focus with me.” lulu closed her eyes and took a deep breath, picturing the ship not there, but in the deep crevice beyond the receding tide. ”it is real as anything.”[break][break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 15:43:39 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She laughs. "Tricky, indeed." Understatement of the century, maybe. Dreams did not bend to the conscious mind so much as the deeper subconscious one, generating experiences based on phobias and memories.[break][break]

She sought the power of lucid dreaming, but for as long as she could remember, she had been beholden to her dreams entirely. It was a loss of control she could not overcome. Her research would be the closest remedy, and even then, who knew if she could control her travels through the dream realm when it finally came time to open that door. [break][break]

"I am with you," Ameena assures, closing her eyes. Everything else subsides in the mist, but the ship... it's as real as anything. It's as real as anything. It's as real -

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,688 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 0:31:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
the hand of god was eaten. the interdream zone rolled away of its own accord, unimpeded by the hard metal spun from its ethereal veil. left behind was a vessel of their own creation.[break][break]

when she felt the humidity return, lulu opened her eyes, and they went wide.[break][break]

”it worked.”[break][break]

her voice was small, barely loud enough to hear as she gazed at the ship. it was damaged, but it was there, and that was exciting and concerning all at once.[break][break]

a hand reached out to touch it, finding it still cold from the weather in their waking dream.[break][break]

"this will change everything."[break][break]

she thought to herself, this will be the end of the world. however, it would not take long for the ship to fade too.[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
imagine
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 17:51:44 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She hadn't imagined it until now, the possibility that she could pull things from dreams and bring them to her world rather than being the part that transmutes between realities. Could she bring Mum to this one, rather than sacrificing everything here to enter that strange world? A true speechlessness washes over Ameena, and so does emotion, but she blinks it away as efficiently as she can manage. [break][break]

The ship is real. The artifact from the dream - that of their reaction - is real. [break][break]

It eventually fades - and she should've been monitoring the time, she should've been measuring it to become effective data - but she can't find the effort to be angry at herself when she's just witnessed a true miracle. In awe, she agrees:[break][break]

"This changes everything."

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP