awards
136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 1:47:46 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
her condo is kept clean by a regular maid service, but maki still busied herself with tidying up before her guest arrived. as a result, her home is spic and spotless, but somehow also lacking the warmth that comes from a place that has been lived in. there's only a couch, a tv stand with a small tv, and a round table with six chairs pulled around it in the living room. while it's a bit posh, it's not exactly what you'd expect from someone with access to a family fortune like the yukimuras.

when rose arrives, maki's in the kitchen. she doesn't turn around to look at her guest. instead her bandaged hands are pouring a cup of tea into a plain white mug. "would you like some?" she asks. "it's chamomile."

her houndoom lays stretched out between the tv stand and the couch. he lifts his head to regard rose for a moment and then lowers it again, not seeing her as a threat. the nameless hound is just about the coziest thing in the room, right now.

close tab

played by

Masharum

She/Her
March 19
Lumiose City
Lesbian
Forced Conscript
Grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
10 posts
Rose Soleil DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rose
Rose Soleil
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 3:30:24 GMT
Rose Soleil Avatar
It had been an experience finding herself embedded fully into Rocket's ranks, softened only by the years of medical experience that she had in her skill set that had bought her an easier time than anything else. The nurse had remained ready for a call, even when trying to keep her mind preoccupied with helping take stock of things back at HQ. But one of the breaks from such a suffocating experience were a series of regular house calls that she had with one of the Rockets that had been assigned to watch over her. When the time came, a chime on her phone went off while in the middle of some paperwork. Rose looked up to the clock and knew it was time.

She found herself in front of a quaint looking home that reminded her of the ones that she had always seen in the more wealthy parts of Lumiose City. Rose opened the door and allowed herself in after an unanswered series of knocks and there she was. . The woman she had been reading the medical file prior to showing up in secret. Her attire wasn't what she had expected somebody of her career to be wearing. "Sorry for running late. I had to check up on something." she half lied, tucking her phone back into her pockets while walking to her patient.

"Tea would be good." Rose said. Her tone was a little awkward all things considered. The events leading up to her being present in the other woman's home were always on her mind. Worries about what her fate would be once Rocket or she found her usefulness had worn off. It made sense to not focus on such things, but as a worrywort, Rose found it impossible. Such was the fate of being the caretaker of the family. "How are you feeling since the last visit, M-Ms. Yukimura? I trust you've been taking it easy since the chest pains returned..."

close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
i'm staying numb to my feelings, dodge 'em like novocaine
awards
136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 17:06:08 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
maki's houndoom gets to his feet now, and he makes his way over to rose. he leans against her legs, clearly expecting to be petted, though his weight might make it hard for her to continue standing. despite his fierce appearance, he is still just a dog, after all.

maki pours another cup of tea. she brings both over to the coffee table, placing them carefully on coasters before she sits. "i've been more careful with my training regimen, so the pain has been far more manageable," she says. while the rest of the world knew her disappearance as having only taken two days, the reality was that she'd been gone much longer. she'd had no medical care on that nightmare of a ship, forced to do manual labor despite the damage to her body. she knew healing would take time, but it was still frustrating.

her hands, on the other hand, were only damaged in the final confrontation. "i wanted to know what you think about removing the bandages from my hands, actually," maki explains. she carefully unwinds the bandaging, revealing multiple deep cuts that had begun to heal over. there's a fresh scar on her left palm, too, from the masquerade her family threw not that long ago. that, at least, has fully healed. there's other scars on her hands, little reminders of the fact that the yukimura middle child was no ordinary rich girl.

close tab

played by

Masharum

She/Her
March 19
Lumiose City
Lesbian
Forced Conscript
Grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
10 posts
Rose Soleil DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rose
Rose Soleil
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 4:35:10 GMT
Rose Soleil Avatar
The Houndoom walked closer to Rose and leaned on her, causing the medic to stumble. It was a stroke of luck for the woman's hands to clutch the edge of the countertop in surprise. Lavender eyes went down to look at the canine that was looking up at her with expecting eyes. "Well hi there!" she said in the same tongue of babying a Pokemon that could be expected from somebody. Dainty fingers went to stroke the fur of the canine, making sure to scratch underneath its ruff and along the neck where they often couldn't reach. "Such a good boy~ Have you been guarding this whole time?" The little petting session continued until Maki brought the tea over towards the coffee table while Rose was quick to follow dutifully behind.

Maki's hands were healing better, though it was still looking rough. Rose's brows scrunched together while observing the hand before she brought her own outwards. "If I may, Ms. Yukimura." If offered, Rose would gently prod around the area for its tenderness, eyes scanning across the healing wounds. A sticky border stained the Yukimura's hands from around the site of the cuts, with the skin near the wound being more saturated with sweat. She was healing well, but the wounds still were only about nearly finishing healing. "I still want you to wear the bandages for at least another week with antibiotics. They look like they're healed over, but that's still exposed skin. It'll put you at risk for it getting infected if you don't." Rose added and noticed the slight hint of annoyance on the other woman's face, but then adding, "O-Or at least a couple of days still."

Rose looked down at her pokeballs hanging on her belt as an idea made itself known to her. Her lips pursed together in thought for a moment, though it was one that perhaps could lighten Maki's worries. "Alternatively, I could..." she looked about, hesitation grasping her will until the doctor pushed through. "Medicia could heal the deep cuts on her own, although I will warn you that it will not be painless. It will be as if you put the recovery on fast forward, j-just with the additional pain that comes with it."

close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
awards
136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2024 16:49:42 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
the houndoom knows he's not allowed on the furniture, but he does put his heavy head on maki's lap. his tail thumps against the floor. since her bandages are off, though, maki doesn't pet him, only giving his horns a brief pat before turning back to rose.

"pain is no issue," she says. there's a war going on, and she's sick of having to avoid the front lines. there's too much work to be done for her to sit at home waiting to heal. "...would you be able to heal the rest of my body in the same way?" maki looks at her scarred hands. she's already proven she's willing to do anything to aid rocket's overarching goals. it's the reason for her very existence.

"...i need to get back out there," she mumbles, more to herself than to rose. i need to be useful. there's simply no other option for her.

close tab

played by

Masharum

She/Her
March 19
Lumiose City
Lesbian
Forced Conscript
Grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
10 posts
Rose Soleil DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rose
Rose Soleil
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 19:49:00 GMT
Rose Soleil Avatar
In hindsight, she should have expected that answer. Rose's expression worsened at Maki's muted excitement at the offer to advance her healing process up at the cost of being in pain for a while. How could somebody just willingly agree to this sort of thing? Had she gone insane?! "Y-You're really going to do this?" she asked incredulously, "Is your life worth that little? That you're going to just throw it all away just like that? Even if you're healed, you wouldn't be back at optimal health again, and you'd willingly step right back into a war zone?" Maki was a lot of things but damned if she wasn't the resilient type to bounce back from an injury such as this. Rose adamantly refused to go ahead with such an act, though her refusal meant little in terms of the agreement she made to be in service to Rocket. The standoff lasted only a few normal seconds until, after much deliberation with herself, she relented.

"Fine. I'll do it." The doctor unclipped Medecia's pokeball form her belt and called out her reliable Chansey. The helper Pokemon walked towards Maki, sharing her owner's same expression as she observed the wound. Rose took a long sip of tea from the mug before then sliding her hand inside of the other woman's. Her more coarse and rough palm felt so strange compared to her own. She looked at Maki again, her expression torn between disbelief and worry. "You'll need this. I don't have any painkillers strong enough for this." She looked over to her Chansey and let a small little preparation for the incoming pain. "Medecia, Soft Boiled." The healing Pokemon would offer out her egg to Maki, using the healing energy inside and then...

Pain. Immeasurable, sheering pain. Her hands quaked as the wounds began to heal over at once.

close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
awards
136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 19:07:54 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
is your life worth so little?

the pain comes. maki's grip on rose's hand grows, crushing it. her shoulders shake with a barely noticeable tremor, but her eyes stare straight forward, pupils contracted. otherwise, the only thing that gives away the agony she feels is the bead of sweat dripping down her knitted brows. she is in control of her pain, as she's been taught. she will allow it to wash over her, but she won't allow it to conquer her.

with time, the spasms cease. maki breathes out, slowly, noticing how the twinge in her ribs is gone. she releases rose's hand, and looks at her palms. all that's left is the same faint scarring as the rest of her old injuries. "...it's done." there's a hint of relief in her voice. the healing worked as intended, hopefully without backfiring.

now she takes her tea cup and sips from it. "...thank you, rose." though, just because the pain is gone doesn't necessarily mean her body is fully healed... "i suppose i'm due for one last inspection then, just to be sure."

close tab

played by

Masharum

She/Her
March 19
Lumiose City
Lesbian
Forced Conscript
Grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
10 posts
Rose Soleil DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rose
Rose Soleil
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 0:20:26 GMT
Rose Soleil Avatar
The force of the wounds being closed was a terrible one, even Rose could feel the grip on the other woman's hand as she gripped her own and clenched tight. The Chansey knew such as well, doing her best to try and comfort Maki given the circumstances. She let out a soft "Chansey..." and carefully put her nubbin of a hand on top of Maki's side. Rose winced at the pain shot into her hand, though definitely not as much as what her companion likely felt. It was a sacrifice she would make with any patient though, such was the way of life of a doctor.

When the (likely) longest minute of Maki's life was over, her hands were fully healed of the wounds, albeit it with a new minor scar for the collection, or was that little nick always there? When allowed, Rose slowly removed her hand from the other woman, clenching her teeth together at the slight pain from having it squeezed. Not the most painful thing she had done to date, but it wasn't an afternoon breeze either. A pained hand went to the tea cup to finish it off in one swift mouthful. With Maki's hand down and finished healing, it brought them to the other area of interest that Rose was present for. One that was significantly more...intimate. At the mention of such, the doctor gave one slow nod.

"Whenever you're ready." The pink haired woman said, adding, "As you know, doctor and patient confidentiality. If things have gotten better or worse since my previous visit, please tell me." She awaited for Maki to, eh...expose herself to Rose. It was never easy with her, as the doctor couldn't hide that faint blush from her cheeks at seeing people so vulnerable before her. It wasn't as if she had any nefarious intents, but being so close to such a beautiful yet worn body had always made her feel so strange at times. Fingers pressed around tender looking skin, making sure that every little wound or area of interest was healing over well. "Everything appears fine so far. Ah-I envy your ability to heal such a gorge--o- er, hardened! Yes, hardened body very...quickly."

(claiming bingo for contact)

close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
awards
136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 18:11:39 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
maki remains cool-headed as rose inspects her. if she notices the freudian slip, she doesn't react, only allowing the medic to complete her task. she puts her sweater back on, lowering it over her torso, obscuring her features once more. while it's practical for her to wear clothes that obfuscate her muscle and her various scars, it's a style choice, too. one maki has become rather comfortable with since she was freed from under her parents' direct thumbs.

"i'll let you know if anything changes," she says, taking another sip of her tea. she absently strokes her houndoom's head, noting not for the first time the additional features he gained after the incident with pecharunt. at the very least, he doesn't seem to be in any pain, and aside from a few new... quirks, he's acting as he always has.

maki stands with her teacup still in hand. she turns, taking rose's empty cup and returning it to the sink in the kitchen. without looking at her, she questions the other girl. "do you enjoy pokemon contests?" it's out of the blue, and unusual for maki to show interest in anything other than work.

[ ]
[ hi just pretend houndoom has been toxic chained the whole time lol ]

close tab

played by

Masharum

She/Her
March 19
Lumiose City
Lesbian
Forced Conscript
Grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
10 posts
Rose Soleil DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rose
Rose Soleil
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2024 22:42:52 GMT
Rose Soleil Avatar
Embarrassing remark aside, Rose was able to find it in herself to avoid embarrassing herself any further to announce that Maki had a clean bill of health. The woman set down her sweater and she took both cups resting on the table and went to the kitchen. It left Rose with ample time to notice the strange looking chain attatched to the Houndoom's neck. She hadn't come across something like this before, and it only had the medic question if the Pokemon was in good health because of it. Nothing appeared to be wrong, but it certainly didn't look normal. Her eyebrows scrunched together in worry for the canine just as Maki would speak up from cleaning the dishes on a topic that Rose hadn't been expecting in the slightest.

"Pokemon Contests? I mean, y-yes, I enjoy them. I used to participate in some when I was younger before school work became too important, but I still keep up with the current scene." Rose said from the chair, her hands in her lap and looked over at the back of Maki's head. COuld it be that the workaholic, serious woman had actual hobbies and interests that weren't related to serving under Rocket? "Why do you ask? Are you thinking of going to one in the future?"

(claiming bingo for surprise)

close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
awards
136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 1:00:00 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
it's a shock to maki too that she's found interests outside of her family's business and her work for rocket. as long as it doesn't interfere with more important matters, then why shouldn't she indulge in a hobby or two? she's always collected her snow globes, neatly tucked away in a shelf in her room, and being interested in contests makes her seem more "normal". it works as a cover for her more illicit actions, and so long as it doesn't take away from what needs to be done, there should be no problem with it.

she hopes. she hasn't exactly mentioned it to her family yet. nor has she told them she's not exactly interested in pursuing any sort of non-platonic relationship with any of the men her parents have in mind for her. of course, if they wish it, she'll marry whoever is the best choice for the yukimura's and their politics, but... it certainly won't be because she wants to.

"i have tickets to a contest in verdanturf town," she says. "i would... enjoy your company, if you'd like to see it with me." she's a little hesitant, at first, to ask. it may seem illogical, for her to be inviting the woman she's supposed to be watching for any signs of defection, out for an evening. despite how rough and scarred her hands are, maki has always been gentle with rose, for reasons she herself can't quite explain.

close tab

played by

Masharum

She/Her
March 19
Lumiose City
Lesbian
Forced Conscript
Grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
10 posts
Rose Soleil DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rose
Rose Soleil
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 10:18:29 GMT
Rose Soleil Avatar
The Chansey by Rose's side had continued to keep her eyes honed in on Maki, a habit that it had picked up from her trainer and no doubt due to the obsession over attempting to please the person handling their leash. Rose had honestly not expected the invitation extended to her from the other, battle hardened woman, mainly in part due to her introduction to Rocket being watching another forced conscript get his head smashed in for the crime of talking back to a superior officer when expressing his dissatisfaction in being forced to take part in their plants. The sound of his body at the end of numerous Bullet Punches was something that Rose had often been unable to shake from her head, no matter how many times she had tried to.

Was this Maki attempting to seem a bit more friendly? Or could it be another scheme so somebody affiliated with her could torment her? Despite the fear in her heart, it wasn't as harsh of an anomaly as it seemed. Ever since they had been introduced to one another, the other woman had been quite supportive and willing to let Rose stretch a little. Perhaps it was just her generous side that allowed her to be as lenient as she was. Rose hardly ever acted out of line, even with the chances that Maki had given her. She did her best to remain wholly independent and tried not to cause a scene or anything. Even at offers like this, she was a like an anxious Deerling in the den of Lycanrocs.

"I would, ah, love to see it with you!" Rose answered back quickly, her lips forming into a smile. It ould be nice to get her mind off of the doom and glom that she had been caught inside of. Maybe it would be just what she may need! "Thank you, M-Mrs. Yukimura. I've been meaning to find a way to de-stress after tending to patients all day." And who knows? Maybe Rose could learn a little bit more about her captor? "I'll have to tell you about all the competitors this season!"

(claiming bingo for anomaly)

close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
awards
136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 19:27:14 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
maki nods, returning to the coffee table so she might pick up her own cup and drain it of the now-lukewarm tea. she returns to the kitchen to drop off the mug, and then turns back to rose. she leans against the counter.

"...just maki is fine." being called 'ms. yukimura' reminds her too much of her mother. while maki's physical appearance more closely resembles her father, it's her mother she takes after the most. the older woman was hardly around for maki's childhood, leaving most of her duties to the employees at the estate, and maki's training to her father as well as when he happened by. as a result, she isn't sure what to think of her mother, who clearly sacrifices so much for the family yet remains distant from them.

she's well aware she intimidates rose. it's probably for the best, but... it still pricks her like a tiny needle, to be treated so carefully by someone who isn't an employee under her care. maybe this future outing will help settle that.

maki rinses out the mug. "you may go now, if you wish. i understand you must have plenty more to do."

close tab

played by

Masharum

She/Her
March 19
Lumiose City
Lesbian
Forced Conscript
Grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
10 posts
Rose Soleil DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rose
Rose Soleil
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 10:18:12 GMT
Rose Soleil Avatar
"I would, ah, love to see it with you!" Rose answered back quickly, her lips forming into a smile. It ould be nice to get her mind off of the doom and glom that she had been caught inside of. Maybe it would be just what "Maki, yes. Sorry, I’ll remember from now on." Rose apologized for her slip of tongue. She hadn’t meant to offend or make her captor feel old or anything. The medic kept to herself and watched the other woman carefully before looking back to her Chansey. The Pokemon let out a happy cry before disappearing back into her ball. She smiled, though looked at the door for a moment when excused from the other woman's home. Rose stopped for a moment, then stood up and walked closer to Maki, doing her best to summon the courage for what she wanted to say.

"I wanted to thank you…For being so generous with me. I know making sure I don't stray outside of my boundaries isnt an easy task, b-but I appreciate what you do. It may sound odd, but knowing that you're there in case anything goes wrong feels reassuring. I appreciate your company, Maki."

Rose smiled, then turned to leave with a wave of her hand. "If you need anything else, please dont hesitate to ask." On that note, the Kalosian walked out of the living room and out of the home, closing the door behind her.

close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
awards
136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
bedside manner [m]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 20:30:18 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","widecurve"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","charicon"]
maki lingers in the living room for some time. she's never been thanked like that before. the 'thank you's she's been given have all been out of formality or fear, and she hadn't thought anything of it before. it's simply how she lives her life, keeping a distance from others, never crossing over to the other side. she's had friends, but they didn't know the truth about her affiliations. rose knows who and what she is, has seen the scars to prove it, and still... she thanked her.
[break][break]with time, she returns to the circular table that serves as her dining area and opens her laptop again. she resumes what she was doing before, which was checking over finances and filling out reports, but she can't help looking at the palm of her hand every now and again. rose had held it, even though she didn't have to. she continued even when maki's grip was crushing her.
[break][break]...how absurd, maki chastizes herself. focus on reality.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]i bear longing inside my birdcage of ice.[break]
[break]
[break]submitting now!
[break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cloud-moon"]

[newclass=".widecurve"]--accent:#ffffff; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .charicon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/3ktyCwR/maki-icon-15.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote b, .widecurve blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom b, .widecurve .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP