she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
213 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
MECHANICAL KINGDOM: SK#2
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 22:34:36 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
22 involve the use of a grappling hook/tool and "sky-lines" (shamelessly stolen from bioshock: infinite) to travel or engage in combat.
23 encounter a broken down volcanion that has been crushed by metal or gears who gains a moment of lucidity/life, but "dies" or malfunctions before it can impart any information.
25 involve an automatic steam train in some way that runs throughout the kingdom.
27 uncover thousands of human remains (bones) in the mechanical kingdom's castle.
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
213 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 22:39:39 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","keiko11base"]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]"it kinda makes me wonder it there's even such a thing as time here...it feels more like time is at a standstill here..."[break][break]

"Don't say that!" She reacted on instinct, defense. She paused for a moment, then looked rightfully embarrassed. "Sorry. I mean, nothing can escape time, is all." Guilt pooled at the base of her throat. "I, um, I don't mean to be rude," she said as she started making her way up the clocktower stairs so they could investigate fully. [break][break]

"I'm from Sinnoh," she explained, "and we praise the Almighty Sinnoh, who resides over time." The clocktower felt warmer up top. "It feels sacrilegious to suggest time doesn't reach anywhere, particularly anywhere we can access." [break][break]

At the top of the clocktower was proper flooring to stand on, but the clock face sat on a hinge, one they could open with a push. She did, letting the large clockface creep out and open, giving them a large hole to look out on the environment through. "This is a skyline," she said with awe. It led from the tip of the clockface all to the castle. "This will get us to the next landmark quickly... I think it's safe." She looked to him with a visible question on her face. Would he opt to try it?

[break][break] | 22 involve the use of a grappling hook/tool and "sky-lines" (shamelessly stolen from bioshock: infinite) to travel or engage in combat.[break]
[attr="class","rosepoke"]
[break]
[attr="class","rouxcredit1"]

[newclass=.keiko11base]font:12px roboto;--accent:#fd85e0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base]width:500px; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 20:01:57 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","silverio"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

as the saying goes, time waits for no man.[break][break]

and it seemed that the pinkette wouldn't wait to throw an unexpected lashing out at the man who'd been tasked with accompanying her on this expedition, albeit for a split second. taken aback by this development, silverio was left breathless for but a moment, nerves stunned by the sudden outbreak. did he say something he shouldn't have? or do anything that may have triggered raw emotions just now?[break][break]

as he would quickly learn...[break][break]

he may have indeed done exactly that, and the error would come to realization as she explained her reasoning for shifting to that defensive - belief in an entity that supposedly rules over all of time itself. a tale never before told to the paldean. the seemingly mindless sentiment on the part of silverio, said to be against what keiko believed in, would be instantly erased from his short-term memory, his visage drifting.[break][break]

"i'm sorry too..."[break][break]

this place wasn't hoenn, and it damn sure wasn't paldea either. one ought to do well in order to consider the feelings of others, especially other foreigners. or perhaps, was this a hoenn of another timeline entirely? regardless, there was still an objective to be completed in this time.[break][break]

"by the way..." as he moves to examine the skyline up top, he'd force his attention back to the girl with remorse flashing in his eyes. "i meant what i said earlier - about being lucky to be here. had i not been picked to join you, then i don't think i would've ever gotten a chance to see any of this otherwise."[break][break]

definitely worth writing home about, not that his family back home was likely to believe anything he jots down in any of those letters...[break][break]

he tugged at the line, and offered a nod, deeming it to be stable enough to zip along. "looks solid, feels tight. it's worth a try, i think...i'll go first." several minutes passed as he proceeded to fasten himself onto the line. "here goes...something!"[break][break]

and away he would go...!

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

expedition prompts completed: 1 of 4[break]
greninja is burned[break]
bingo prompt: hoenn[break]
bingo prompts used (total): 1 of 5

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.silverio]--accent:#052bed;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silverio]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
213 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 22:04:34 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Admittedly, she was relieved he offered to go first. She wasn't afraid of heights, but odd devices like this? It wasn't her strong suit. [break][break]

"After you, then." She watched him enter the skyline, then she latched on herself. Thankfully, it was much like a zipline and perhaps a little gentler than that. She was a few yards behind him as the line took them across the wide expanse of territory. They were reaching the castle quickly. "Look at that!" [break][break]

She pointed in the distance, beside the castle, where a moving train was consuming the tracks ahead of it at record speed. "That's so awesome," she said with unabashed awe. "I hope we get on that thing at some point."[break][break]

The skyline's end reached them in moments, leaving them to disembark at the base of the large castle.

[break][break] | 25 involve an automatic steam train in some way that runs throughout the kingdom.[break]
[break]

[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 18:37:55 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

going forward, the ranger would do well to avoid making any sort of remark that may be interpreted as sinful, in regards to the beliefs of others. otherwise, perhaps this critically acclaimed 'almighty sinnoh' may not waste any of its precious time in passing sound judgment upon the paldean for such carelessness.[break][break]

have mercy...[break][break]

his partner didn't take long in following suit of him across the skyline, a chance for them to take in the sights around them, including..."a train...?" in paldea, such forms of transportation were a thing of mysteries; he had only ever read about them in various textbooks and other old and tarnished documents. "...looks like it runs on steam...cool..."[break][break]

alas, their sightseeing session would be cut short.[break][break]

after quickly disconnecting himself from the line, his eyes peered upward from the castle's base, mesmerized by its height in search of its apex. "hope we'll find something in there, anything really." looking back towards the pinkette, he added, "and if we're lucky, then maybe we'll get to ride that train too."

NOTES

expedition prompts completed: 2 of 4[break]
bingo prompt: judgment[break]
bingo prompts used (total): 2 of 5

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.silverio]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
213 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 20:03:50 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Ride the train? "So long as we don't get motion sick," she mused. She had never been on a train. Pokemon moved fast like it - faster than it, too - but she felt like the odds of getting dizzy on a train were higher than getting dizzy on a pokemon, since you had some control of the latter. [break][break]

The gigantic castle doors had already been cracked open, but now it swung wide. A Volcanion like before approached them, but it's whizzing and whirring sounded hindered. Broken. It moved uneasily towards them. As it stepped out of the castle and into the sunlight, it became clear that there was a giant gear nearly bisecting it. "What... who could've...?" She looked between the pokemon and Silverio, as if he would have an answer of any kind. As if this whole place could be made to make sense.

[break][break] | 23 encounter a broken down volcanion that has been crushed by metal or gears who gains a moment of lucidity/life, but "dies" or malfunctions before it can impart any information.[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 21:35:59 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

motion sickness was a valid concern, but not an issue for the paldean, for he has traversed across terrains unimaginable on the backs of large pokémon before, on land, sea, and air. one might say that he'd become one with the very fabric of nature that he has always intended to study. suppose these lands, perhaps dictating the existence of another plane or part of space entirely, ought to be studied as well...[break][break]

no time to hit the books, not yet...[break][break]

before either of the humans could step foot inside the massive edifice, another entity like the one they encountered previously had emerged from the castle's interior. something about this, however, felt off - as if it wasn't functional in the manner that it was intended to. the girl looked to the ranger, in search of an answer perhaps. he could hypothesize that this could've been the work of another machine? or possibly a person? he dared to step closer to the near-completely-severed volcanion-like creature...[break][break]

"i have no idea, but one thing's for sure: the damage done to this thing looks to be beyond repair...if only...huh!?" before he could get his thoughts out, the mechanized monster's functions discontinued - completely shut down. "i guess there's really no saving it now..."[break][break]

alas, there was still sights left to see.[break][break]

looking towards the castle's entrance, he called for the girl to catch up with a wave of his hand. "maybe we'll find some answers in there..."

NOTES

expedition prompts completed: 3 of 4[break]
bingo prompt: space[break]
bingo prompts used (total): 3 of 5

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
213 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 22:32:34 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She flinched as the Volcanion stepped closer, then perished before their very eyes. She looked at Silverio suspiciously for a moment, as if he'd had telekinetic powers and used them on the sentinel pokemon. But she quickly shook the thought. Clearly, this fella had been on his last legs already. [break][break]

She tried not to think about how it had defended the castle with its dying breath. "Right. Moving forward." She followed him with stiffer movements, feeling a little emotional about the pokemon despite her resolve to not think about it. [break][break]

And then she saw it: the large, expansive ballroom was filled with a sea of skeletons. She held a hand to her mouth to keep from screaming, taking labored breaths at the sight and stepping closer to Silverio without intending to. Horror turned her blood to ice. Had these been people who followed Almighty Sinnoh and died to some other cause? Had these been people attacking this holy place? She was so positive her god had reign over this domain specifically, and yet, she had not imagined the expanse of death she saw here. [break][break]

had had doubts of Almighty Sinnoh's intentions, of Her divine power and knowledge... but his experiences had been abstract. Seeing it up close, the kind of damage that had occurred - that she believed to be a result of Almighty Sinnoh - made her shiver.

[break][break] | 27 uncover thousands of human remains (bones) in the mechanical kingdom's castle.[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 23:21:36 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

forward may, indeed, be the only direction to go from here...[break][break]

but the only direction this machine would be headed now is six feet under - a fate seemingly inevitable, even for an artificial lifeform. regardless, silverio would opt to look past it for the time being, and instead, focus on the matter at hand: venturing inside the castle, finally.[break][break]

the sight of the room's interior struck a chord in the man's heartstrings; the space was littered with bones all around. never before had seen such a display of morbid proportions, which rendered his eyes widening and mouth agape as he scanned the vicinity. "no way..." sure there had to have been a way for this to happen, as if their sentient selves had been sacrificed for a daring ritual.[break][break]

a theory had come to mind.[break][break]

in spite of this gruesome, footsteps draw closer, keiko's. he turned back to the door from whence they entered, and the monster that was laid to waste right outside. eyes returned to the sight before them as he proceeded to express what he may have only just theorized in his mind. "that beast..." he began.[break][break]

no escape from the bones amassed here, despite being undone from their bodies. "if i had to guess, i'd say that it may have died while trying to protect this place, taking the lives of many along with it..."[break][break]

how far would that be from the truth...? who's to say...

NOTES

expedition prompts completed: 4 of 4[break]
bingo prompt: ritual[break]
bingo prompts used (total): 4 of 5

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
213 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 23:39:09 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]His theory offered no comfort. What could the guard be protecting the castle? Just the property itself? Or was there something sinister inside? [break][break]

Something time-related must be stored inside. The nonstop time motif and frequent occurrence of clocks and gears made her think there was something inside the castle that supported the land. [break][break]

"If you're right," she said slowly, "we're lucky to have escaped that first Volcanion we saw. And if there's more than one... who knows how many are here?" It went without saying that they needed to explore the castle, still. They were here to investigate. They couldn't just turn tail and leave when faced with a daunting mystery.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 0:00:22 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"i'd rather not stick around long enough to find out..."[break][break]

whatever happened here in the past, granted if time itself could even be measured here, was irrelevant to the pair of explorers. silverio would rather focus on the present, that being the objective to examine the castle's interior. a tall order for the two of them, with an emphasis on 'tall'. eerie vibes - the sounds of clocks ticking, one after another, began to ring in the paldean's ears.[break][break]

small steps taken, careful not to overstep any of the carcasses. was truly something here? a treasure buried leagues beneath the sands of time? that remained to be seen. regardless, it would be a shame to have ventured all this way with nothing to show for it. suppose that the experience in and of itself may be considered a prize all on its own.[break][break]

with that in mind, silverio sauntered onward...

NOTES

expedition prompts completed: 4 of 4[break]
bingo prompt: past[break]
bingo prompts used (total): 5 of 5

[googlefont=Montserrat]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP