Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2024 8:48:22 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Flowers die on 's grave. What remained of it, anyway. In its place was a gaping wound of rot and corruption, a reminder that in this world, not even the dead can stay down.

The admin comes to this place to think. Without Elisabeth, he is the highest ranking authority in this piece of territory. He claimed it with bleeding fingers and cracked nails, and his reward for doing so is anxiety, obligations, and a mountain of stress.

And a body that is not his own.

Thus, he comes to the place where Elisabeth died to think. The two golems do not patrol this small corner of Petalburg, surrounded by rubble and greenery and decay.

"Underboss Beckett." Howard turns from the grave a different man, an unrecognizable form. A red eye regards Kanto's cudgel. "Here to pay your respects?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,711 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 5:29:01 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","retiredsilphbg"]

[attr="class","ubbeckett theob"]
[attr="class","headerbeck"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

he hadn't planned on making it to petalbug this soon but the situation calls for it. his hand has been forced, and so he finds himself next to a man with the power of the ancients.[break][break]

a man still mortal yet far from it.[break][break]

"my respects may not be well received here."[break][break]

he comes empty-handed.[break][break]

"you look different."[break][break]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".theob"]--accent:#876c7c!important; --headercolor:#876c7c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".theob img"]filter:grayscale(1)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett"]--accent:#876c7c; --headercolor:#2E2B2B;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background: rgba(34, 34, 34, .7); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett b"]color:var(--accent); font:14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett i"]color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .inner"]padding: 30px 30px 30px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .chartag"]font:15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .pkmnteam"]width: 130px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .headerbeck"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .footerbeck"]height:20px; background:url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ubbeckett .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".ubbeckett .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".ubbeckett .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ubbeckett .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Abril+Fatface]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 5:44:10 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I've been told." The admin inclined his head, his eye not leaving the thorn-covered mausoleum that mourns that Scorned's passing from this world. "It's still me, though."

How many times had Theo Beckett heard those words? After battles? After Kanto? After each of his colleagues ascends to divinity, one by one, leaving Team Rocket in the hand of gods instead of men.

There are so few mortals left. Only Howard, Lulu, and Theo remain unaffected. Yet Lulu reeked of Darkrai's influence and Howard commanded giants.

Theo Beckett is alone.

"I disagree. I think that she'd be glad that someone cared for her when the end arrived. It is the only consolation that we can offer to a replaceable gear."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,711 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 5:57:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

'it's still me.'[break][break]

if only that were true.[break][break]

too often has he stood by and watched his peers ascend, leaving him in the mortal plains of the powerless, the ungifted, the unchosen. perhaps it is the thorn-covered mausoleum that influences the envy, perhaps it is something else entirely, but nothing would change the fact that theo beckett is alone.[break][break]

"you're right."[break][break]

and yet he does not make an effort to pay his respects.[break][break]

"have you paid yours?"[break][break]

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".theob"]--accent:#876c7c!important; --headercolor:#876c7c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background: rgba(34, 34, 34, .7); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett b"]color:var(--accent); font:14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett i"]color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .chartag"]font:15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .headerbeck"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ubbeckett .footerbeck"]height:20px; background:url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ubbeckett .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".ubbeckett .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".ubbeckett .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ubbeckett .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 6:04:23 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Twice, actually."

He does not tell this man about the dream. Explaining it would be impossible. Explaining that he had killed Elisabeth twice now would make him seem mad, and madness was a perfectly justifiable reason to lop off Howard's head. They were all replaceable, after all.

"She was a traitor who thought herself above the reckoning of those above her. She thought herself a queen, but she was a simple witch sitting in a glass tower." Both knew what happened to those who sat in buildings forged from nothing but translucent glass:

They had stones thrown at them.

"You've read the report, I presume. Do you think her death was justified?" He turned to the older man. "Or is my execution imminent?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,711 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 6:33:18 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

"if it were up to me, you'd be celebrated."[break][break]

his dislike of it not known to many, and even to those within the inner circle, it remains cloudy at best. not anymore.[break][break]

"i do not pretend to speak on behalf of our bosses nor would i want to. the truth is, fiorelli's death was avoidable, but it was always imminent."[break][break]

he shrugs.[break][break]

"you simply brought up the timeline."[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 6:42:03 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
A long silence followed. Then, a sigh of relief. A hint that the man inside this mechanical form is still the same person that had been raised to the rank of Rocket Admin almost a year ago.

"But it's not up to you." The hierarchy was an ironclad thing, and it was ultimately up to and Ulysseys Monroe to decide the fate of Admin Fox. If they decided that he would die, then Theo's words meant little. The admin would swing, and it would not be from the steps of Ever Grande. "We will simply see what happens."

One last stab from Elisabeth from beyond the grave, meant to destroy her assailant as his star crashed against the earth.

"On the contrary, I believe that it has been stalled." He admitted with a shrug. By killing her, I have stopped something. Ruination, ideally. Regirock did not agree with her."

The fight with Ting-lu was a mystery to them both.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,711 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 10:44:01 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

"you may have also stopped our dissent, though it remains to be seen whether that's for the better or worse."[break][break]

there is strength in unity, certainly, but it only hinders those those that do not conform. those like underboss beckett and admin fox, at one point in time.[break][break]

his eyes do not wander from the thorns.[break][break]

"ruination will shortly resume, i assume."[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 17:36:33 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It will certainly try."

It was foolish to expect otherwise. It was an event that had been ordained by those with a greater knowledge of the cosmic stage than Howard or Theo, but the admin loathed the idea of fate, even if it was an inescapable truth. He had told that fate was a lie, and yet...

...what was the rise and fall of empire if not a predetermined cycle?

"But I will certainly delay it as much as possible." Once he put in her grave. As for ... "We need dissent, but not what she brought to the table. We need something more... productive."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,711 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 4:17:32 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

it is not arrogance that emanates from the admin, not even shades of it, but it is assurance, spoken as a historian would with retelling the events of the world.[break][break]

he wonders, quietly, if has the foresight to see what awaits them.[break][break]

"what did you have in mind?"[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 5:41:02 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Dissent is productive. It is healthy, when channeled properly and used in manners that will actually result in change. What did Elisabeth do but sit in a corner and scheme?"

Her memory cannot harm him. Not anymore. His tongue is free to wag, and thus wag it does. If Theo decided to reprimand him now, he would simply shrug and bear it. They were alone. Even an insult could be turned into a lesson when not uttered in public.

"But, as the most successful wars have taught us, a constant change in command is... unwise. You and Underboss Quinn have been with us since Kanto. You are warriors." His eye fell upon the tomb with a harsh gaze. "She was not. If she were alive, she would undermine you both."

His eye flicked to Theo.

"You must block the promotion of any prospective underbosses until this war is over."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,711 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2024 8:56:33 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

did more than sit in a corner and scheme. she was responsible for compromising two of the most prominent league members, both of them being silphs, which destabilized the foundations enough to send shockwaves through the region.[break][break]

she was responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of (some) personnel within team rocket.[break][break]

she was.[break][break]

"we are survivors."[break][break]

but howard is right: sh ewould have undermined them both.[break][break]

on the topic of underbosses...[break][break]

"even yourself?"[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2024 15:57:28 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Even me."

What draconian organization promoted a superior's killer? There was no logic to it. Elisabeth's death had been brutal, ugly, and messy. There had been no decorum to it. No grand plan. There was nothing to it that made Howard commendable. He simply sat in his office and made Team Rocket wealthy.

Yet all Cillian did was kill. All Theo did was hold it together.

"It won't go to me. It'll go to Jayden or Barnaby, as it should. They are more fit." He straightened his hat. "But if the hand is offered, or if I forcefully grasp for it...

"...you must deny it. For the good of Team Rocket, Theo, you have to."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,711 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2024 8:46:40 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

a superior's killer can easily be spun as an organization's savior. only time will tell.[break][break]

his gaze shifts away from the man.[break][break]

"it won't go to them. nor to anyone. leave it to me."[break][break]

leave it to the two underbosses that survived kanto—the two that will secure hoenn for team rocket. if he can rely on anyone, it would be .[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When the Earth Shattered
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2024 19:05:19 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Then march on, Theo Becket." Howard's gaze turned downwards to the grave formed unceremoniously by the divine. Yet Regirock had never been a god, had it? It had been a messiah sculpted by human hands to save them from a greater threat.

Regirock was not a god. Wo-chien was not a god. Tapu Fini was not a god. They were just... things. Pokémon. When the fervor was stripped away, all mankind was left with were a handful of powerful, troublesome Pokémon.

He leaned down at 's grave, an artificial knee scraping against dirt. He tossed a rose onto the cairn, and watched it shrivel up and die as it touched the thorny tomb. As it decayed, Howard's eye twitched.

"Rest well, Underboss Fiorelli." He turned away and walked off. "Rest in your coffin, incased in layer upon layer of stone."

He walked until Theo was out of earshot.

"But Elisabeth, I promise you. Your final resting place will be the entirety of the 'Old World'."

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing