lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
linguist, story collector
civilian
listening
to the world's heartbeat.
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
[M] Ataraxia.
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 19:49:50 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","morrighancahill"]
[attr="class","body"]

It seems that ever coming to Hoenn, there has not been one single day without a surprise in itself - a change to what she held of knowledge in her heart, constantly rewriting and renewing with every new step she took. Those lingering anomalies shape to be a Hoennians' everyday now, and she is quite curious to see where things will lead. Now, as she stands near the top of Mt. Chimney, she looks down towards the cities and the landscapes that stretch in front of her - so much space that is continuously warping and changing, too, under the continuous catastrophes befalling the region. As a wanderer, her own loss isn't quite there, but it comes with contemplations still.[break]
[break]
Tearing her gaze away from down below, she aims to move towards ... well, she isn't so sure. Morrighan, holding her 'signature' puppet and being accompanied by the Chatot as ever, has felt ... drawn to this place, almost, subjecting herself to the climb as she spots - huh ...? Daylight is pouring out from the glistening sun, but the faint glow sparks different. And as she approaches it - perhaps, she isn't the only one ...

[break]

MISSION: Noble Phantoms

- 1/5+ posts required.[break]
- Witness brilliant beasts versions of Pokémon with no Infinity Energy, seeming to be residual spirits. Territorial, they attack any intruders and dissipate into outbursts of light upon defeat.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".morrighancahill"]--accent:#56658F;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunny.html

nick
he/him
december 12th
petalburg
pansexual
ranger
i saw the end, and it looks like the middle
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nicholas
nicholas steele
[M] Ataraxia.
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 23:17:33 GMT
nicholas steele Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nick"]
[attr="class","body"]

a soft gust of wind stirs, carrying with it a strange energy that prickles along nick's skin, raising the fine hairs at the nape of his neck. he pauses mid-stride, his feet crunching against the stone, and turns his head slowly, searching the horizon for signs of disturbance. it's hard to tell in the fading light, but he swears he sees a shimmer, a wavering heat that doesn't quite belong.[break][break]

a shape solidifies out of the twilight, and nick's eyes widen behind his glasses. it's a pokemon, or at least the semblance of one - a solrock, its body wreathed in a strange, ethereal light that pulses and glows. but it's… wrong. the colors are too bright, the edges too sharp and too blurry at once, as if reality itself is struggling to contain it.[break][break]

in the distance, a woman is drawing near, her figure small and determined, a puppet dangling from one hand and a chatot perched on the other. nick's eyes widen as his mind makes sense of the scene.[break][break]

he had been sent here to check on anomalous reports related to the sightings of odd pokemon glowing with brilliant light, but he had not expected someone to get there before him, much less someone who would dare to get so close. he remembers what happened last time he tried to get close to one of these things. this could end in a bloodbath if he's not quick.[break][break]

racing forward, nick pauses across from morrighan, the odd solrock suspended in between them. he holds out one hand, eyes wide. "wait! don't get any closer!" he calls out. "it might attack!"

[break][break]

NOTES

- bingo: brilliant

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nick"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
civilian
listening
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
[M] Ataraxia.
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 7:38:14 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Just short of arriving near the clearing that the mysterious Solrock has taken dominion over, a figure intercepts and makes her halt immediately, blinking at what the stranger is telling her. "Pardon?" she wonders out loud, not quite understanding the rather frenzied state of the other, but still taking the precaution to leave some distance between her and the brilliant Pokémon. "Might I take that you are familiar with this kind of ... occurrence?" she asks, taking the cue that it might be more appropriate to be quieter.[break]
[break]
In truth, there is something eerie about this strange sight - she has looked at her own Solrock for enough times to notice the subtler differences, too, something that adds to a feeling of distortion. But perhaps it's a same sense of familiarity, too - as wrong as it may be -, that she feels a curious pull towards it. A wildcard, truly, and she still reserves judgement.[break]

[break]

- 2/5+ posts required.[break]
- Witness brilliant beasts versions of Pokémon with no Infinity Energy, seeming to be residual spirits. Territorial, they attack any intruders and dissipate into outbursts of light upon defeat.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".morrighancahill b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunny.html

nick
he/him
december 12th
petalburg
pansexual
ranger
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nicholas
nicholas steele
[M] Ataraxia.
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 22:42:29 GMT
nicholas steele Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nick"]
[attr="class","body"]

nick blinks, startled out of his flustered state by the woman's calm, measured response. he had expected her to argue, to demand an explanation - but instead, she seems almost… thoughtful. cautious, but not frightened.[break][break]

he lets out a slow breath, running a hand through his disheveled hair. "i, uh. yeah, i've seen these before," he says, his voice rough with disuse. "they're poppin' up all over the place now."[break][break]

the memory of a frenzied, violent golurk glittering in a similar fashion spears into his mind, and then swiftly fades.[break][break]

"they're not normal pokemon. they're… something else. like spirits, maybe. they don't stay for long, and when they go, it's violent."[break][break]

he looks back at her, his gaze piercing even through his glasses. "they seem to protect certain areas, and will attack you if you get close," he continues, then pauses, and adds in a softer tone, "but i don't think they want to hurt anyone. i think they're just scared, and lost. like they don't know where they belong."[break][break]

his eyes flick back to the solrock, and he feels a pang of sympathy, of kinship, in his chest. he knows what it's like to be lost, to not know where you belong. to be scared and angry and lashing out at the world around you just because you don't understand it yourself. a terrible, self-effacing ritual that nick has partaken in for many years now. he hopes he can champion a new era in his life now.

[break][break]

NOTES

- bingo: champion

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nick b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nick .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
civilian
listening
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
[M] Ataraxia.
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 15:56:23 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Curiosity outweighs any kind of other emotion in this moment, making her listen to the other with as much attention as she can spare with a volatile Pokémon - volatile spirit-of-sorts nearby, the peripheral of her eyes ever-looking for that strange brilliance now again. It's ... odd for sure, though the voice of the other - marked by prolonged silences - is also revealing a different tale. It urges her to study this phenomena altogether all the more, but ... of course, danger cannot be fully exempted from such a thing.[break]
[break]
"I see ... thanks for warning me, and for sharing what you know with me," she remarks in turn, bowing politely to emphasise her words. "I guess my curiosity nearly got the better of me," Morrighan hums, although she still very much desires to observe those glowing creatures from closer-by, it doesn't seem like they would be prone to such a thing. Instead, however, there is a different kind of interest piqued. "It almost sounds like you are quite familiar with the situation yourself-" is as far as she comes next, however, words interrupted with a sudden movement in the corners of her eyes-[break]
[break]
Immediately, she brings out Chrysanthemum the Lunatone, putting it between the glowing Solrock and themselves, "Harden, quick!" She doesn't like seeing her partner take the damage for them, but it's the quickest she can think of right now.

[break]

- 3/5+ posts required.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

sunny.html

nick
he/him
december 12th
petalburg
pansexual
ranger
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nicholas
nicholas steele
[M] Ataraxia.
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 22:23:24 GMT
nicholas steele Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nick"]
[attr="class","body"]

fear sparks along nick's veins as he catches sight of movement, the solrock beginning to twitch and shudder like a frightened animal. and indeed, perhaps it is frightened. like calls to like, and nick feels the thrum of panicked energy pass through him like an electric current.[break][break]

he doesn't think, he just reacts. "leonius!" he calls, sending out his altaria in a burst of light. "take down!"[break][break]

the mighty bird flaps its wings, its body coated in a swirling vortex of air, and his body thrums with pulses of energy, rippling like heatwaves - and then, with one powerful beat of its wings, leonius races towards the solrock, who gathers a beam of light in front of its face.[break][break]

the solrock reels as the attack hits it head-on, its body flaring with sudden brilliant light. then, the solar beam releases, cutting a smoking swath of light through the surrounding trees, an attack that was certainly aimed for morrighan had the solrock not been displaced. for a moment, then, the thing is quiet and still, staring blankly at the scar it cut into the foliage. against his will, nick's shoulders lower.[break][break]

then, the solrock turns towards him. its eyes glow a disconcerting ruby red.[break][break]

"shit."

[break][break]

NOTES

- bingo: ruby

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
civilian
listening
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
[M] Ataraxia.
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 16:28:03 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Morrighan is typically quick on her mind in social situations, a witty remark or a handful of wisdom always ready to leave the eloquent tongue, but in such a thing as this? In a battle where life and death may very well be on the line? She feels very much out of her depth, taking a moment to process the situation that she nearly walk in herself, all things considered. But there is no time to dwell on such a thing as a powerful Solar Beam is barely missing her by inches thanks to the other's diversion, but now ...[break]
[break]
"Come out, my dear Chamomile - Calendula, on your mark!" she is quick to bring out her whole arsenal (minus the Sinistea), a Chatot and a Solrock, unglowing, joining their sides. "Hyper Voice - Chamomile, prepare a Solar Beam of your own," she instructs as the glowing Solrock's attention is yet on the other, but hopefully the loud screech of the bird flying closer to the foe is enough to disturb them that perhaps, there is a chance for escape if they aren't able to take it down.[break]
[break]
Walking behind a twice-Hardened Lunatone, she approaches the stranger, "perhaps we should flee ..."

[break]

- 4/5+ posts required.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven