hammerlocke, galar
bicurious
travelling artist
civilian
easy breezy!
flying solo
5'2" height
5'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miilchka1
Anastasia Harmon
Paint in Water
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 0:07:08 GMT
Anastasia Harmon Avatar
Ana's eyes grow wide as saucers as she watches the heavy Stakataka rise as if it's filled with nothing more than helium, letting out an impressed gasp as she imagines what kind of toilsome workout routine must be required for Howard to pull off something like that. Can her mom lift something like that? Can anyone in Galar lift something like that? At the very least, she imagines that magic must come in handy when handling overbearing nobles...

Howard... He may be kind of strange, but in a way that draws Ana's attention completely. As he scratches his chin, she mimics the gesture, tilting her head slightly as she bites her lip, considering the proposal. Her mom had told her to get a real job in art, like she has, something that actually pays the bills, and what Howard is proposing sounds like one—a job that could show her mom she's doing just fine in Hoenn, far more exciting than painting some stuffy nobles or practicing royal curtsies back in Galar.

It's not like she's inexperienced in what he's proposing, either. Her first lessons were master studies—completely replicating the artwork Howard now works in restoring.

...Ana wants to see those perfect pieces again. She wants to witness history in action and capture it forever on a canvas. And if it means working under Howard...

"You've got a deal!" Ana exclaims, hardly containing her excitement as she sticks her hand out for him to shake, a newfound business partner or... Whatever the adult term for that sort of thing is called. Whiskers will know! "Restoring paintings... So incredible! You won't regret it!"

Once their handshake is done (and her hand has gone properly tingly and numb from overexcitement), Ana returns her hand to herself, bouncing on the balls of her feet. "When do I start? Where do I go? Oh my gosh, I'm so excited!"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,073 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Paint in Water
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 3:36:08 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He looks at her, warily bemused. Even so, her excitement was infectious. He hid a fit of chuckling behind a closed fist, before smiling to himself. Sometimes, business was easy. Disturbingly so. It made him feel a little guilty. Once the paintings were made, they'd be sold at auction and private collections would be completed.

Yet even if history was in the hands of a scant few, it would still exist. The great works lost to time that would be reclaimed far outstripped any moral quandaries he had. Knowledge and wealth were the lifeblood of the world, after all. Yet to do that to someone so openhearted made his soul weary.

This was something Admin Delaney would do. Yet sometimes, funds were required. All so Team Rocket could acquire new sources of income.

"Now now, hold on! It's not something that you start at the drop of the hat. Geez, I'll need to get a list of pieces for you to work on..." Truthfully, he could spill one to her right now. His memory for history was like a steel trap. Yet he needed time to approach this. "And I'll need to scrounge up some old paints and canvas."

Expensive, yet Rocket would foot the bill for this particular expense. Plus kept much in the back for forgery and counterfeit. If the admin didn't have a bunch of old paints, Howard would be surprised.

His hand hurt. She had squeezed it ridiculously tight during their handshake. Who would've thought that a painter would be so strong?

"Relax, Ana. Breathe." He soothed her as he waited for her head to explode in a massive storm of confetti. "Trade contacts with me. I'll find a studio for you, and you can bring Whiskers along."

He raised an eyebrow as he pulled out an ancient flip phone.

"How's that sound?"

close tab

played by

miilchka

ana
she/her
21 years old
july 14th
hammerlocke, galar
bicurious
travelling artist
civilian
easy breezy!
flying solo
5'2" height
5'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miilchka1
Anastasia Harmon
Paint in Water
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 4:47:27 GMT
Anastasia Harmon Avatar
As Howard begins speaking, Ana does her best to listen—really, she does—but as he warns her to relax, she can't help but expel all the contained excitement inside her in one, trembling breath. Okay, calm down. Deep breath. In and out, in and out.

Honestly, who knew a day that began with doodling excrement would end with an art career?

His mention of buying paints has her suddenly bursting with another spark of energy, this time a touch more frustrated. "Well, if you're getting the stuff, I need to tell you exactly where to get all of it, or it'll be terrible stuff!" Ana rummages through her bag and pulls out a small planner dutifully decorated with charms, stickers, and paint stains, and she promptly starts writing in it. "I need to get some new oils, good brushes, linseed oil..." She makes a list, rattling off necessities for her new gig. She's particular with her supplies, and they're almost as close to her heart as Whiskers himself.

Whiskers... Who needs to come with her!

She's glad Howard already offered for him to come. The cat is basically Ana's heart. She winks at the peacefully purring Espeon with a smile.

"As long as he won't be a bother!" Ana amends as she writes down her mom's tried-and-true oil supplier in Hoenn, reciting the well-known address over the pen. "We've never really been apart."

After writing her phone number and all her other contact information into the page, Ana tears it out, producing a hot pink, sparkly slip of paper. Without hesitation, she hands it over, beaming.

"Can you get all that stuff? My number is on there too."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,073 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Paint in Water
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 5:21:51 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Notes are exchanged. Hers was a sparkly piece of pink paper, while his had a small Omanyte in the corner, cheerily waving at the reader. His penmanship was fairly solid, a testament to his inability to type something down on a keyboard or use a computer. Technology was a scary thing, after all.

He was familiar with the oil painter in question, actually. Fern used it in replicas, occasionally.

"Gotcha. I'll do my best. If possible, I'm going to get period-appropriate materials for you. The more historically accurate it is, the better it'll look. Besides, even replicas can outpace the originals if you put enough heart into it." How did one measure the amount of heart put into a piece, though? Was passion a quantifiable thing? "So do your best."

He smiled at her, before glancing over at the Espeon. Whiskers reminded him of Shirley. If the Espeon was as important to Ana as Shirley was to Howard, then the two couldn't be separated.

He took a silent note of that.

"Well, that's that, then." Howard adjusted his briefcase as he took one last look at the stall. There were a lot of good pieces here. It was a shame he couldn't afford any more. "Stay safe, Ana."

He turned away with a small salute, his hand flicking out as he did so. After a few steps, Howard stopped.

"Seriously. This war is ramping up. We already lost Petalburg to Team Rocket. Rustboro and Oldale might be next." His Aerodactyl followed him as he disappeared amongst the stalls. "Have a good one!"

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Paint in Water
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 20:06:14 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven