Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
chase darkness with me [ow]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 2:52:02 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah raises his arms above his head and trots around proudly. a grin accompanies closed eyes, and his cocky gait marches him through his self-imposed darkness.

"well, t-b-h, a lotta people like me!" noah says as he returns to orion, his gaze now uncovered- but the slightest bit droopy. the late hour inspires sleepiness even within this extrovert. "but it's easy. just don't be a major butthole and people like you."

yet, his eyes are pried open immediately afterward. the bluish coat of the houndoom shimmers under the light of their torches. after the houndoom is torn away by the red beam of orion's capture, noah watches the inkay flee.

"hell no!" noah declares, oblivious to his own low wit. he leans in, staring at the pokeball before peering up at his company. "and i've uh, never seen battling like that. you're pretty good, huh? say, what do you do for a living?"

noah rolls his shoulders.

"interested in tackling gyms? the elite four? i'll have you know is the best around!!"

skipping!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,704 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 2:58:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PANGORO APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / scrappy[break]
bullet punch / karate chop / parting shot / taunt / storm throw
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD KOMALA APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / comatose[break]
rapid spin / wood hammer / yawn / psych up
[break][break]

[break]
Orion caught the Houndoom successfully!

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 16:32:46 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
passing

Orion's lip twitches at Noah's confidence. He can't help but to be a little envious of the ease in which he makes his statement; was it really that easy to get others to like you? Orion didn't think so, but then, that was probably the mountain of social anxiety he'd buried himself under speaking for him.

The question catches him off-guard, and thankfully also distracts from his self-pity.

"Oh — I'm a Ranger," he admits. "As for gyms... I don't know. I've thought about it, sure, but I've never really found the time. ... he's the one with the dogs, yeah? Wonder if he'd know something about this one."

He picks up the Houndoom's Pokeball with a ponderous look. "Why? You know him, or just a big fan?"

He's so distracted by conversation and his fascination with the blue-furred Pokemon that he doesn't even notice the potential threat of new arrivals, still turning the Houndoom's pokeball around in his fingers.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 19:19:43 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"real big fan. you don't even know half of it!" noah gets his stretches in. he straightens his back, holds his waist tight as he swivels left and right.

in his rotations, he sees his turtonator scaring away their would-be intruders. a burst of flame erupt from the pokemon's snout, like an ominous flare from bones cast in to flame.

"well, mr. ranger. i'm gonna be honest with you. i'm not really searching for pokemon." noah rubs his chin. "i'm actually lost."

his turtonator grumbles. the kind accompanied by the grinding of teeth and tired brain matter.

"so, i'm gonna stick with you until i find something i recognize. like a rock with moss, or something like that."

skipping!

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 20:06:23 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
where did ya come from cotton-eye joe

Orion watches the Turtonater with mild fascination; not a Pokemon that he was particularly familiar with, but interesting up close. It reminds him a little of the native Torkoal, only on steroids and with bonafide spikes protruding from its shell.

He looks away from it when Noah speaks, admitting to his own plight.

"Oh," he says, huffs a little in amusement. "Why didn't you say so?"

Orion glances around to reaffirm their location, recognizing a few familiar landmarks of the route they were on. Being so close to Fortree, to home, it would be worrisome if he were able to lose himself here.

"Where you headed? Fortree's just that way," as he gestures toward the vague direction of the city, "but if you're aiming for somewhere like Lilycove, well, that's a fair bit further out."

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 5:18:09 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"i was gonna head for lilycove, but you know what? i'm just gonna go back to fortree." noah slumps, his shoulders laden with defeat. his turtonator rolls her eyes.

and as soon as his resignation hits, he can feel how sore his feet are. they pulse with the pain of aimless wandering even when still.

"do you live in fortree?" with a firm rhythm, noah pats one of orion's arms. "i heard the people there are super fit."

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 5:34:49 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes

Secretly, Orion's a little relieved Noah decides to double back to Fortree. If he was lost, trying to get to Lilycove from here could spell disaster.

Heading back in the direction of the city, he startles a little in surprise when Noah touches his arm. He laughs it off, even though he's low-key embarrassed by the overreaction.

"Ah, yeah, I do, actually."
Could he be considered fit, himself? Well, he certainly had a lot of lean, hard muscle from all his travelling as a ranger. "Guess you gotta be kinda fit to live in a city that's half-forest. Lots of ladders."

Ladders and bridges that had taken him a long time to accept were safe. "Where did you come here from? Guessing you're not local."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 4:38:26 GMT
noah faber Avatar

tough! noah pulls his hand back from orion's firm arm. briefly, he considers a residence in the town of trees. to live there is a workout routine in itself.

"that's crazy. like, what happens to the old people?" noah leans forward, thumb sliding back and forth on his chin in a brief imitation of his new gumshoos. "like, do they just get stranded in the trees?"

he sprains his brain. "and die?"

recounting his own travels, noah confirms orion's suspicions. despite the tumult of his migration, noah's words survive his traumas with only the slightest tint of despair.

"from kanto. then rocket took over that. moved to johto... and now i'm here. i bounce all over the place." noah moves to his turtonator and begins to massage her shell.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 21:40:03 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes

Orion straight-up pauses in his stride at the question, realising quite abruptly that he's never thought of that. He's young and spry and fit and does his best to stay out of other people's way unless they needed his help.

"Uhh," he stalls, then guesses, "I... I mean they probably move, I guess? Or get a house on the ground? There are some building on the grounds, like the Pokemon Center and stuff."

Which is really useful, now that he thinks about it, because it would suck to stumble into the city from the routes, exhausted, and have to climb a bunch of trees to rest up and heal your Pokemon.

He makes a face at the mention of Rocket.

"So does Rocket, apparently,"
Orion notes, an attempt at dry and morbid humour. "Though supposedly they're gone, now."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2019 6:11:51 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"i hope they move. i'm pretty young, but i can't imagine being old enough to the point of being bed-ridden." noah drags a finger across his neck when imagining the prospect. "off me before i get to that point."

by now, the night has grown colder. despite hoenn's heat and humidity, the absence of the sun still causes the deepest shadows to run cold. his turtonator blows a soft flame to the sky, and acts as a standing heater for them.

noah laughs- but it doesn't last too long. the wind takes it like spinarak silk. "i hope so. i'm gonna enjoy the peace while i can, at least... might be a bit touchy, but has rocket ever done anything to you?"

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2019 9:07:33 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes

A grim sentiment, but one Orion finds himself agreeing with. He can't imagine what it would be like to suffer such frailty, immobility.

"Seconded," he agrees, dry.

It's getting chillier, and Orion's grateful for the Turtonator; both for the warmth of her flame, and the burst of light that shows a clearer path through the route. He's got a flashlight, but it's nice to conserve the battery where he can.

"Not to me, personally." His gaze is on the treeline, and further still. "But to my friends, and to the rangers. You can't help but to hear about it, y'know? All the shit they pulled." There's a note of anger in his voice. "What about you?"

[newclass=".orion"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion b"]color:#9e76b1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orion i"]color:#9e76b1; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 5:36:10 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah detects a flame. and it's not the one weaving from his turtonator's nose. it's the slightest flare in orion's voice, and although noah may still be inexperienced in his understanding of others, he perceives it because he's experienced it himself. in some sick way, noah desires their return so that they can be punished more.

"mine's a bit of a long story."

noah pulls out his turtonator's pokeball and begins fiddling with it.

"i was in kanto originally. when things went crazy there, we moved to johto. then they followed us." he thwacks the ball against an open fist. "but i helped drive them back from johto at least."

a cheeky grin grows on his face. he looks like a baseball player after throwing the winning pitch. "and now they're gone. makes you think what the next threat's gonna be, yea? i bet it's going to be ladders."

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 18:07:50 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes
man i love noah

Dark brows disappear beneath messy bangs that Orion lifts a hand to swipe out of his eyes.

"You did? That's impressive."

Noah seems far more lighthearted than Orion about the whole ordeal, and the ranger can't help but envy that. Some people could suffer the worst blows and keep on trucking with a smile; he was not one such person, never had been.

"Ladders?" he repeats, nonplussed, then catches on with a sharp laugh. "Oh. Ha!"

He'd needed a good laugh after the grim change of subject, and his smile comes easier after that. "Hopefully we get a new champion before the ladders destroy us all, then."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2019 3:30:49 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"people say that the council members are all ladders."

in the cold of night, noah announces with a straight face. it's as if he's possessed. wide-eyed. mouth slightly ajar. in jest, the conspiracy theorist within him takes over.

"they even say the elite four are step-ladders too... except though. he's the real deal even in this alternate universe."

his turtonator grinds her molars and smacks noah in the back. noah stumbles forth, rubbing the sore spot on his back. he's free from his stupid trance.

"ow, jacquie," noah says, but he exaggerates his pain, "well, i'm sure we'll get a new champion soon enough. maybe it'll be me." he smirks, sticking a thumb toward his smiling face. "the machampion- with his handsomely sharp ranger friend, orion, the confident. good ring to it, yeah?"

ooc: i love orion too :angrypepe:

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2019 9:00:47 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes
<3

Orion snickers at the thought, laughing harder when Noah's Turtonator gives him a smack.

He's blushing again at the compliment, but receives this one more graciously than before and even manages a lopsided grin in return.

"Machampion, huh?" That certainly has a ring to it, if nothing else. He knows some trainers like to nickname themselves, and some get nicknamed by their fans. Which one was Noah? "That a stage title of yours? Pretty catchy one if you're really going for the champion title."

Orion's better off in the shadows. Imagining all the press from the title stresses him out.

City lights wink through gaps in tree branches as they draw closer to Fortree, some of the residents clearly having a late night.

"How many badges you got so far?"