awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 1:33:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] New faces come and go with the same ebb and flow that the Alolan winds bring down on his enemies. Fernando feels his nose crinkle as he reviews the latest names to make up their upper hierarchy. Now that is no longer the only Head Scientist they have to rely on, Fernando can request more information and resources from the science department without worrying about stretching the eccentric rock affinado too thin. To no surprise, his accompanying colleague would be the same ambitious scientist he had met while raiding Lane's lab.

Fernando smiles to himself as he recollects how she had been so certain about her graduation, confident down to the specific time frame. There's admiration to be had for someone who can live up to their own expectations. His only fear is that blind ambition can be incredibly burdensome, the exact factor he attributes to 's current state. He has his own thoughts about having her replaced by @noblesse but there's no time to dwell on trivial matters when progress demands they push forward.

"Knock, knock."

Fernando enters her open office, rasping his knuckles against the door frame to announce his presence. His other hand is wrapped around a medium sized tablet, something he seems to always carry around while working at League HQ. "Congratulations on the promotion. Just as planned, I take it." His smile is no different than the first time they had met, practiced and perfected.

@bean4

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 2:28:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","grawords"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

She's a month too early, which means she hasn't even had a chance to receive the ergonomic chair that her mother has sent her for getting the promotion - ( "because posture is important darling, you can't go looking ugly with a slouch" ) - so Najwa's desk is raised to standing-level as she places a couple of succulents and other things on her window ledge and shelves.
[break][break]
She's in the middle of spraying her plants with a water bottle, humming quietly to herself - ( or was it to the plants? ) - as she does so, when she hears someone knock on her door. Najwa stands straight and blinks, looking up expectantly.
[break][break]
"Ah, councilman Silph." She doesn't smile, but she doesn't sound displeased, either. His arrival is neutral, his congratulations... Warranted. Najwa's lips twitch into something smile-like, but it doesn't quite blossom, before gesturing for him to choose in or out in regards to the door. "Thank you. How can I help you?"

[attr="class","grapokes"]

[newclass=.grabod] background: #2e2e2e; width:300px; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gra] margin-top: 40px; width: 300px; text-align: justify; font-family: 'roboto'; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/2gq2C65/black-thread.png); padding-right:50px; background-color: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.grawords] padding: 30px; background: #202020; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; line-height: 16px; border-radius: 2px; border-right: solid 4px #2e2e2e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.grawords b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.grapokes] text-align: center; width:300px; margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -20px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gratag] padding: 0px; text-align: right; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-top: -20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gratag a] font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 3:59:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Accepting her gesture as permission to enter, Fernando takes the final step toward intruding on her office space. He can't help but notice the succulents, bemused that such plain looking plants capture the fascination of @lenora, , and now @bean4. Their appeal as decoration slip him entirely but that's not what he's here for.

"I just wanted to check in on you." He adjusts the tablet in his hand, looking down before swiping his finger across the touch screen. "And to see if you were available for some things I needed finish that Lucas was not able to start on."

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 4:08:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

A quick press of a button has Najwa's office door closing, an oscillating swish sounding behind Fernando's body as he enters the room. She tilts her head, watching the screen in his hand curiously as he swipes his fingers across it, resting her elbows on her desk.
[break][break]
"Mm, sure. It is my job, now." She circles her finger in the air, gesturing to a small guest chair in front of the desk. "Have a seat." Najwa's finger lands on another button, her desk lowering to an appropriate height to sit. Finally, she drags her own chair over from a small closet panel behind her and flops down into it, crossing her legs.
[break][break]
"What exactly do you need help with, Mr. Silph?" Her fingers fold on the desk as she looks him over, waiting for him to show her the tablet.

[newclass=.grabod] background: #2e2e2e; width:300px; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gra] margin-top: 40px; width: 300px; text-align: justify; font-family: 'roboto'; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/2gq2C65/black-thread.png); padding-right:50px; background-color: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.grawords] padding: 30px; background: #202020; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; line-height: 16px; border-radius: 2px; border-right: solid 4px #2e2e2e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.grapokes] text-align: center; width:300px; margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -20px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gratag] padding: 0px; text-align: right; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-top: -20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gratag a] font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 4:38:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Many things." Fernando follows through the cues and seat himself accordingly. Upfront, he doesn't have much to provide her but he can at least probe what she's willing to take on and fill in any gaps with , once he's recovered from his car accident. "There are multiple samples of some Pokemon we're trying to learn more about. What we've discovered so far does not match with anything we have on record. We assume it's something new entirely."

Fernando pauses, unsure of how much to reveal. "Unfortunately, we don't have the sample anymore and only have some old files that were recovered. That being said, what we have should be enough for you to understand how complex the issue is."

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 9:21:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Shrouded in mystery, as always, Najwa straightens out in her chair and raises an eyebrow, watching Fernando's face quietly as he speaks. When he's finished, she nods and taps her index fingers to her lips, palms folded together.
[break][break]
"Hmmm, I see." She leans closer onto her desk, trying to peek at the screen. "And what exactly was the specimen? Can we find another?" She blinks, before leaning back into her seat. She shouldn't let her curiosity get the better of her - but the prospect of going out into a dig to find something was...
[break][break]
Exhilarating.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 9:34:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]He can read her body language and flips through his tablet until he has a picture up. Only then does he turn the tablet to let her see. It's a diagram of a DNA sequence with several unknown acids and bases. "It was recovered from one of the monsters that attacked Mossdeep. We don't have a live sample and they have yet to reappear. All we have are some of the diagrams we transcribed and saved prior to losing the sample."

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 9:37:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Najwa wrinkles her nose and looks down at the tablet, her eyes roaming over the screen as he flips through it, stopping his hand when he gets to the DNA before he can stop himself. "Interesting." She licks her lips and stands, pulling her chair around to his side of the table. She points to some missing areas and tilts her head.
[break][break]
"So, since my specialty is genetics..." Najwa eyes him, her look somewhere halfway between skepticism and excitement. "You think I'll be useful." Which, in itself, was interesting.
[break][break]
"How did you lose the specimen?" She takes the tablet from Fernando and flips through the research he's shown her so far. It was amazing, truly, and wholly amazing.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 9:48:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando maintains his smile but his mentality is anything but. "More like now that we have a second Head Scientist, we can put a bit more on your plate. The fact you specialize in genetics is just a coincidental bonus. Lucky us." His tone adds a mild laugh to show that he's kidding but the words hold true.

Her follow up question causes his smile to diminish and he keeps his eye on the tablet. There's no easy answer to her question and while he has his own ideas of what happened, without concrete evidence, there's only so much he's willing to admit. "We're not sure. By the time I was alerted, it was already gone." Best to remain succinct.

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 3:02:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Clearly hitting a sore spot with her question, Najwa bites her lip. She feels... Bad? Maybe? She isn't quite sure what the feeling is that settles in the pit of her stomach, but she wishes that she hadn't asked, because the look on Fernando's face says it all.
[break][break]
"Alright." She says quietly, softer - a tone reserved for when her mother is crying, and she thinks it's her fault. Najwa's breath settles and flowers in her lungs, before she exhales very slowly. "Tell me what you need me to do." Is the only thing she says next. She has a million questions, but the disappointment written on his face subdues them for now.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2019 23:32:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Figure it out. Mostly. We need to understand what this is made of. If it doesn't exist, can we make something similar? What's the closest organic compound we can create that replicates this. Is there a way to dissolve the tissue. This Pokemon proved both impenetrable to most attacks and able to break through multiple defenses."

His expression settles and Fernando returns to his work persona. There is no time to dwell on the past and he has little patience for regret. The present leads to the future and handling each task in their way provides the best path forward. His eyes narrow in when he opens up another diagram. The image is blurry, a barely put together file that was corrupted and pieced together based off what he presume it to be.

"There was another scientist at the head of this project prior to the samples disappearance. With him gone, we have no idea how far he got and what discoveries he made, if any. Right now we're trying to cover as much as possible, even if the results are skewered."

@bean4

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2019 7:06:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Fernando seems to compose himself, and Najwa smiles softly, crossing her legs in the chair she sits in. "Right." She nods and points to the tablet, before placing her hand onto it, meaning to pull it free.
[break][break]
"Shall we send this to me, then? So that I can get started?" She looks up to him, asking for his permission to take the tablet to transfer the data. She gives him another smile, coaxing, because it can't be easy to have research held up so often, for a variety of reasons. Perhaps, she thinks, that just maybe she can help gain some traction on the research.
[break][break]
And prove her worth to the league, and their faith in hiring her right out of her doctorate program.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2019 8:15:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Against his better judgement, Fernando allows the device to escape his fingers. Technology has a personal touch to him. Someone else having a hold onto one of his devices just feels wrongs, like an invasion of privacy. "By all means," he answers, fingers settling onto his own arm, drumming against his skin in a steady rhythm.

He has little hope in finding a real solution. Not with how foreign the results have been. Nothing definitive has been found but their preliminary findings have been inconclusive. The only constant is that everyone who's touched to project is left confused and at a lost, coming to the collective conclusion that the Ultra Beast cellular structure does not follow the general conventions and rules of any other Pokemon or living organism known to man. That's why he's okay with just drafts, anything that spurs just an inch of discovery and knowledge.

Give him and inch and Fernando will take the whole mile.

@bean4

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2019 19:57:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Najwa takes the tablet with caution and crosses over to her desk, raising it to standing-level once more so she can plug the tablet in and copy over the data he's asking her to look at. She watches as the loading bar fills with a light-blue and smiles when the computer dings that it's finished.
[break][break]
"Alright." She unplugs the tablet and walks back over to Fernando, handing it back to him with gentle ease. She's delicate with the device, as she knows how hard it can be to let other people handle equipment that doesn't belong to them. "There you are. I'll get started right away." She leans against the desk and slides her hands into the pockets of her lab coat. "Anything else, Mr. Silph?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CAVEAT
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2019 18:03:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] It doesn't take long for Najwa to take what she needs. Denying her access to such information after making such a request would be suspicious. In scenarios like these, he's glad that he practices keeping his own personal information off League devices but that doesn't dissuade his anxiety of having someone else access his data. The exclamatory ding marks the end of the wait and Fernando receives the tablet with a thankful smile.

"Thank you. That's the biggest thing I have for now. I'll be relying on you more now that we can deload some work off . Let me know if anyone else requests anything from you too. Our budgets have been pressed lately so we need to prioritize accordingly."

@bean4