on the hunt [dw]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
on the hunt [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2019 0:50:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","monty"]

[attr="class","montyicon"]

[attr="class","montytag"]

[attr="class","montywords"]

Watching the Lucario chase off the small electric pup had Monty smiling. Why? Because he found it comical. Clearly Lucario was the alpha of the two canine pokemon and watching him chase the little one off like that simply proved that the little one was all bark and no bite. Which Patrick had seen right away, how very interesting.[break][break]

"How can you tell the potential in a Pokemon? Just by looking at it? Or is it Lucario's senses?"[break][break]

Monty didn't sound judgmental, only curious. So very curious. He just wanted to know if it was like what he sensed. That sort of connection with a Pokemon that one couldn't really explain, but feel. When you knew it, you knew it.[break][break]

Perhaps one day Monty would be able to explain it, but for now, he'd only felt such a thing just now with this unnamed Steenee and his two already caught Pokemon, Gala, and Chasm.[break][break]

"Like, that Bellossom? Or any of the other ones walking about. Can you tell their potentials?"[break][break]

Now Monty may have sounded like a professor probing new questions towards the new species of the region, but honestly, he was just genuinely curious.

(( pass ))

[newclass=.monty] width: 300px; background: #272727; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-size: 10.5px; font-family: tahoma; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monty b] font-family: roboto; font-size: 11px; letterspacing: 1px; color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.monty a] text-decoration: none; color: #DEA20C; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: tahoma; font-weight: bold; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: .6px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.montyicon] margin: 0 auto; position: relative; margin-bottom: 20px; border: 10px solid #303030; background: #303030; border-radius: 100%; height: 100px; width: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montyicon img] border-radius: 100%; border: 5px solid #202020; margin-left: -5px; margin-top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.montywords] padding: 25px; background: #303030; border-radius: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.montytag] text-align: right; background: #373737; padding: 10px; border-radius: 3px 3px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montytag a] text-decoration: none; color: #DEA20C; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: tahoma; font-weight: bold; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: .6px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.montypokes] color: #373737; border-radius: 0px 0px 3px 3px; padding-top: 10px; text-align: center; background: #373737; padding-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
on the hunt [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2019 1:42:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD LILEEP APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / suction cups[break]
giga drain / amnesia / ingrain / energy ball
[break][break]

& @monty

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SERPERIOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / overgrow[break]
leaf tornado / gastro acid / vine whip / coil
[break][break]

& @monty

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
on the hunt [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2019 2:05:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
@monty
notes
capture on lileep

Gavin turns his head to look Monty when he poses a question. The other merely seems curious, and Gavin doesn't see the harm in answering.

"Just a feeling I get," he shrugs, reaching out to absentmindedly scratch his Lucario behind the ears as it returns from its assigned task. He nods toward the Pokemon. "He can sense them, sometimes, but it's not flawless. Neither am I."

Perhaps, with the right amount of effort, that Electrike could become a Manectric worthy of mega evolution. He did not have the desire to find out. Turtwig had been brave, fighting back against insurmountable odds. The little pup had darted back to its den at first sign of trouble.

"I can't learn much from a fully evolved Pokemon, powerful as they might be." He's watching a Servine as he speaks, but directs his gaze toward a Lileep and raises his brow. "Nor can they learn much from me. This one, on the other hand... a fossil, once, I believe." There's a thread of genuine excitement in his tone. "I've never worked with fossil Pokemon before. That has promise. Potential is as much about what I can learn from the Pokemon as it is about strength."

He won't risk Chiro against this one, not with its dual-typing. It appears to be ingrained within the soil, and he motions Aurus toward it. "Aura Sphere will do. Weaken it, first. Cover your ears," he advises the other trainer, doing the same as the Lucario barks out a harsh metal sound. The Lileep reacts, drawing power from its roots and firing an energy ball toward its canine foe. Its rooted position is a disadvantage; Aurus is easily able to predict the trajectory of the incoming attack and dodge with extreme speed, skidding to a halt and firing an aura sphere in return.

"Well done." Gavin smirks in satisfaction, then throws a Pokeball at the wilting fossil.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
on the hunt [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2019 2:26:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","monty"]

[attr="class","montyicon"]

[attr="class","montytag"]

[attr="class","montywords"]

Patrick had so much experience. It was strange, because typically this was the other way around for Monty. He was usually the one giving advice. But it was rare to find people like Patrick. People that preferred to be picky about Pokemon instead of just chucking pokeballs and crossing their fingers.[break][break]

As the battle came to a conclusion, the grass rattled fiercely. Monty immediately tensed, watching as Gala threw out a will-o-wisp in response to Monty's attentive stance. The now burned Serperior hissed at Gala, resting in a coil and seeming to wait for an opening. The grass around the Serperior started to slowly grow, as if the Serperior was causing it-- perhaps an ability, likely overgrow.[break][break]

All Monty had to do was raise his hand to stop Gala from making a single move. He waited, patiently, and watched the seemingly irritated Serperior. Oddly enough, what was running through Monty's head, was that he could use this thing in his garden. He'd been getting a lot of pests recently and perhaps this Serperior could help him out.[break][break]

"Now!"[break][break]

The second Monty had seen a twitch from the Serperior, he commanded Gala. The Serperior got out a gastro acid, spewing it at the Chandelure, but the shadowball that Gala had been charging while waiting for Monty's command countered the liquid.[break][break]

"Turn it to ash if you have to."[break][break]

A blazing fire sprouted from beneath the Serperior, causing it to whine and howl as the flames scorched it. Monty threw out yet another nest ball - could he help he liked things to match? He turned to Patrick with a smile.[break][break]

"I think it'll help my berry garden. Don't you?"[break][break]

(( capture attempt on serperior ))

[newclass=.monty] width: 300px; background: #272727; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-size: 10.5px; font-family: tahoma; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monty b] font-family: roboto; font-size: 11px; letterspacing: 1px; color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.monty a] text-decoration: none; color: #DEA20C; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: tahoma; font-weight: bold; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: .6px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.montyicon] margin: 0 auto; position: relative; margin-bottom: 20px; border: 10px solid #303030; background: #303030; border-radius: 100%; height: 100px; width: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montyicon img] border-radius: 100%; border: 5px solid #202020; margin-left: -5px; margin-top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.montywords] padding: 25px; background: #303030; border-radius: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.montytag] text-align: right; background: #373737; padding: 10px; border-radius: 3px 3px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montytag a] text-decoration: none; color: #DEA20C; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: tahoma; font-weight: bold; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: .6px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.montypokes] color: #373737; border-radius: 0px 0px 3px 3px; padding-top: 10px; text-align: center; background: #373737; padding-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
on the hunt [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2019 21:09:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD CACTURNE APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / water absorb[break]
spiky shield / feint attack / energy ball / cotton spore / power-up punch
[break][break]

& @monty

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD RAICHU APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / static[break]
thunder punch / thunderbolt / slam / agility
[break][break]

& @monty

[break]
Your previous captures were successful!

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
on the hunt [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 0:11:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

tag
@monty
notes
pass

There's a rush of adrenaline through his veins as Gavin watches the shaking ball go still, Aurus picking it up with a paw and tossing it toward his trainer. Gavin catches it and clips it to his belt.

He frowns in thought at the question.

"It seems to have certain capabilities,"
the scientist agrees, stooping next to the overgrown grass and running his fingers along it. Fascinating. "I've never been much for gardening, but I could see the use for such a specimen."

He is absent, his thoughts thrumming with all the studies and experiments he'd need to conduct with his newfound Lileep. Had it been revived from a fossil and released into the wild? Had it been bred from parents in such a situation? Could fossil Pokemon breed? There were so many questions, and he's all-too-eager for answers.

He completely ignores the nearby Pokemon, immersed in his own thoughts.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
on the hunt [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 14:46:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

As the ball he'd thrown settles, Monty immediately takes his electronic out to make a reminder to set the new friend up in his garden. He would contemplate what the 'reward' for keeping his garden safe while he was away would be. The wild pokemon on route 110, near his house, was such devious little things. Constantly trying to steal his berries.

"I think--"

He pauses for a moment to check his pokedex on whether or not it's a female. Ah, it is.

"I think she'll be fantastic."

The raichu that scurries about and munches on berries like a happy fat child simply makes Monty scrunch his nose, while the massive cacturne makes his entire face wrinkle. What not-attractive pokemon... He fully turns his gaze from them, settling his eyes on his fellow researcher.

"I'm going to guess you're a bit of a researcher?"

Just with the way he spoke and carried himself, how he referenced Pokemon, it was Monty's hunch.

(( pass ))

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
on the hunt [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 23:17:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

tag
@monty
notes
pass

He chuckles, breath ghosting past his lips. He may not go around parading his profession, but it seems that Monty was perceptive to pick up on the more subtle cues.

"I am,"
he agrees, "a bit of a researcher." Though, he supposes that term can encompass a lot of things. Professors, too, were researchers, and Gavin most certainly wasn't going to be dealing with new trainers and handing out Pokedexes. "A scientist, really. I study evolution."

He watches his Crobat circle overhead, admires the grace of its four-winged flight.

"That's why I don't go for those that have already evolved, if you hadn't guessed." Hazel eyes flick back to survey the other man, moonlight catching on his glasses. "There's not much I can learn from those who have already changed."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
on the hunt [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 23:23:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Listening to Gavin get so passionate about his work was admirable for sure. Monty wished he could pursue just one thing, but he loved it all. Battling was probably his favorite, adventure second, camping last, all the small specs of evolution and the idea of regional differences were definitely high on his radar at the moment. But that was likely due to the new Galar energy coming into the region and altering forms.

"I admire your passion. Or perhaps, your ability to stick with one thing. I've always been a jack-of-all-trades type and I'm finding it difficult to focus my mind on just one thing."

His head falls back and forth in thought, hair drifting this way and that as he does so.

"I think, perhaps, this has taught me to make up my mind and to try and stick with something long enough to see it through."

Such a proclamation, and yet Monty feels perhaps it's real. He'd been in Hoenn for a year for a reason, and it wasn't because the region was any better than any other region. If that were the case, he'd go to the Galar region and explore everything there that tickled his fancy... but something was holding him in Hoenn, and he needed to pursue it.

Be it a passion, or a person.

"Thank you, Mr. Patrick. You've helped me greatly in refocusing my mind."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
on the hunt [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 2:48:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

tag
@monty
notes
fin

"Ah, the money I paid for years of schooling helped."
There's a hint of amusement in his otherwise dry tone. It was expensive, studying to become a scientist. Worth it, he thinks. With his newfound colleagues, he thinks his work can go above and beyond the norm. "Sometimes a broad focus can be useful."

Aurus returns to his side with a simple shake of his head. It would seem that their battling had driven off what remained of the local wildlife, the local Pokemon waiting for peace to return.

"But sometimes, as you say, commitment is equally rewarding."
He gives the green-haired trainer a nod, securing the Lileep's pokeball to his belt as he whistles for Chiro to return from the skies. The Crobat's shadow passes overhead before the purple bat swoops toward their location. "I wish you luck in your newfound focus, Monty. It would seem we have exhausted this route's potential for now." He gestures around at their quiet surroundings. "Farewell."