may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2019 4:07:33 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

construction gore is strewn all about the innards of new mauville. despite the busy rattle of workers and gnashing of excavation, the expanding steel stomach below mauville still exists as a habitat for electrical rodents and iron-hearted beasts.

it is here, in the gray chaos of development and prowling, that elijah brings a junior grunt for a hunt. despite his bitter skin, some are able to peel him. to expose a rare colour of amicability that is always out of season.

"watch your step." elijah rides on his gogoat beside his human partner, sturdy legs straddling either side of her furry pelt. shrapnel and stones litter the half-paved grounds. "what did you want to find again, milo? a hunk of metal?"

/ here we go!!

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2019 7:08:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Old Mauville grows ragged and flinty around them; the silhouette of the cityscape splits the skyline like shattered glass. He is ensconced in its vapid disintegration, though he rather dislikes the often ignored hemipshere of his brain that finds broken buildings and cracked concrete reassuring, a part that finds the destruction reminscent of Slateport, of home.

Elijah and his gogoat companion hover sharp on his flank like a midday shadow fording their way through mangled, steel undergrowth. Milo catches the rare color on the other, tries to reciprocate in kind but is of hesitant favor - at least at first. He wears an expression of endless, distant curiosity.

"Oh, uh, thanks." He picks his way among fragments of a partially-intact but truncated residential building. One hand is instinctual, reaches for the ruff of the pokemon's withers as steps trigger a small avalanche of debris.

"...Sorry." His pale gaze surveys the expanse. "Was hoping for an electric type. Maybe I'll take a chunk home as a memento. How about you?"

/ let's go!

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2019 9:13:38 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah draws a long stalk of timothy-grass from his pocket. "i'm not looking for anything particular."

like a pipe, he presses the plant firmly betwixt his lips as he speaks. between words, he sneaks his chewing. ahead, the broken complex turns right.

"just taking care of you. don't want the blood of a new grunt on my conscience." his gogoat bleats softly, sensing some ominous movement behind the curve.

elijah raises a brow in a skeptical arch. "i'm surprised you stuck this long with me. i usually scare off the newbies."

/ omg your writing is gorg hello
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2019 23:57:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Pale blonde hair falls into a gaze even paler, lithe shoulders hitch and fall away. "Nothing particular?" Milo echoes, "Not even a hunk of metal?"

The path yawns right causing a dip in the horizon a few collapsed streets away where it melts into shadow between taller structures.

Mild surprise hints in his eyes, but his expression hardly folds neatly, transfiguring into something that resembles gratefulness. "Well, thanks for that." he says nodding, Probably too much paperwork." His little smile is a loose, quick thing, maybe a trick of the light.

Nicked and bandaged fingers rub at his neck and bold his words, "...Probably be a lot more bloody without you around."

Milo leans back against the gogoat a touch, patting her leafy shoulder in comfort and checks Elijah's suspicion with quirked features of his own; though it's doubtful he's made any impact. "I could say the same of you. Thought you'd be bored of me by now."

/ uwu yours is so v. gorg & i <3 elijah

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 9:23:11 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"a hunk of metal. can you even hear yourself, milo?" elijah snorts and wrinkles his nose. in a lazy shape, he lurches forward on his gogoat who slows her tinny clopping.

despite the scathing slice of elijah's stare, his witness of milo's wounds possess no criticism. in his own unruly manner, elijah's scowl conceals a cool curiosity and concern. he makes no mention of it. a reflex of practiced reticence.

his gogoat is unlike him. she bleats softly at milo's touch.

"no, you're not boring. no." elijah grumbles, chewing the stalk loosely. "anyone who thinks scrap metal is worth taking home is... some type of interesting."

they reach the mouth of the bend, and his gogoat's frame pauses stiff. something awaits.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2019 12:59:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Hey, you brought it up." Milo counters languidly.

Feigns a complete look of displeasure in dramatics, though not bothering to temper the clear and foxy grin made manifest. Toes gingerly at a rusty strip of shrapnel for greater emphasis.

Pain is a hazy, secondary thought even with the flex of fingers in the gogoat's grassy mantle after her soft, wondering sound. Milo has come to know that there is a surfeit of kindness in this man, can just catch the flicker in his facade, even if he's had to chip through rock to reach it. Maybe the healer in Elijah would rasp clinical over him later.

"Thank, Arceus for that." Milo sighs, eyeing the blade of timothy go slack and thinking the other was not very unlike a treecko just then. Words find him again. "Wonder what type of interesting you are."

The complex breathes again. Light slants in through the concrete risers of the half-sunken apartment block. Feels a hard glower loom over the road.

"What is that?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 5:43:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD EMOLGA APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / static[break]
electro ball / nuzzle / acrobatics / encore
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PICHU APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / static[break]
nasty plot / thunder shock / sweet kiss / nuzzle
[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 6:06:47 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"i wonder too." elijah tosses the squashed stalk, littering it on the ground.

from the detritus, two rodents scamper on to the clearing. uncontrolled sparks scatter from their cheeks and paws. they arc and shackle nearby steel.

"our lucky day." he says under dark breath. he runs his tongue across his teeth. "any of them catch your fancy, kid?"

the pokemon sense the field of elijah's innate ire. rather than fleeing, they brace themselves on all fours, leaning on their haunches. their small bodies crackle with miniature storms of lightning.

"better safe than sorry" elijah dismounts and positions himself before the blond. "worry seed!"

his gogoat bleats and scatters seeds from its leafy coat. they cling like burs on to the pokemon, and siphon their static.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 10:27:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Visible eyes, bright and expectant, remain overcast in the dark overhang of the building.

A shaft of sunlight soon eclipses them between charged wires and rusted stone; their petit forms made conspicuous, vibe with lightning.

Lightning doesn't strike twice but maybe their luck does. Milo hears Elijah mirror his sentiment with a voice like black ice.

"Yeah, real lucky." he nods vaguely, tone clipped in hesitance as eyes narrow in consideration."The pichu..." A pause, cards fingers through his belt and adds, "looks like some type of interesting. Maybe even your type."

Milo catches Elijah swinging down from his gogoat already readying bristling foliage."Probably right about that."

Leafeon materializes in a signature array of red, rears low to the ground to facilitate a sharpness of motion.

"Magical Leaf." Milo watches him puts out leaves, verdant, knife-sharp.

/ <3 elijah must be a good luck charm
!pass on pokemon

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2019 3:16:02 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"my type? maybe." a small smirk begins blossom his lips, but it does not get too far. his eyes glance at milo. subtle crescents. "maybe something small and blond."

as sharp leaves scatter on to the battlefield, elijah's gogoat bolts forth in the rush of green. a furious bleating rises alongside the goat's front legs. they paddle the air before slamming down on to the broken steel flooring.

a controlled EARTHQUAKE, subdued and restrained in strength, begins to snake toward the emolga and pichu in cracks and expanding crevices. preoccupied by the MAGICAL LEAF, the two pokemon falter in their evasion.

they're subsequently launched into the deeper stomach of the complex.

elijah pats his gogoat, offering silent praise through his fingers. "didn't want to separate them through capture. they seemed too close, don't you think?" he grumbles. "do you have anyone like that, milo?"

/ we can do a round of posting before spawns!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 10:21:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar

He just catches the thin smirk tenuous on Elijah's concrete features and replies in kind with a veiled quirk of his mouth.
Eyes narrowing at narrow ones.

"Small and blonde, huh?" The lithe pitch of his shoulders relax if only to shrug off this settling curiosity."Didn't think you for the type."

Leafeon stills beside them and braces indefinitely against the metal-on-metal resonance of gogoat's percussive quake. Milo, is however, a minute slow and his mistep ambushes his inelegant attempts to right himself...right into Elijah's waiting frame.

There is a second of space between them. "Uh...sorry..." His voice falters, expression migrates downwind.

Both electrics vanish into the pitch, static trembles on the steel chassis of the complex as they shiver slowly to a tiny drop of brightness and are gone.

Upon gogoat's return, Milo wonders if he should trade leaning on Elijah for his pokemon, but somehow the thought doesn't sow itself further. He never lets it. Fingers cord softly through leafy fleece.

Seemed too close... Sounds in his mind, surprise slips itself unexpected onto his face. "Those two seemed awful close to me. That was a nice call."

He idly wonders if Elijah is half-soft for them. "Maybe," he lends a conspiratorial lilt to his soft tone,"maybe something tall and green."

"Do you?"

/ <3 <3 <3

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 9:25:06 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

when milo stumbles into elijah's unmoving trunk of a body, he peers down at him. from his haunting height, he scoffs. his noise points ahead, sharp and raised.

"i'll warn you next time."

elijah references the earthquake as he kicks away a stray scrap of metal from their path.

for a moment he's touched- but he does not betray his inner channel. instead, he replies with an echo and a warning.

"maybe. if i were you, i'd be wary of that type. they're nasty things." elijah stops. "then again... you are in rocket. why?"

/ ty for your patience! <3
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 11:55:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Elijah looms precipitous and ironclad against the sky; his hard shadow cloaks the blonde and almost overplays the extent of disparity between them.

Something about the inches - rather the lack of - amongst them might be toeing a soft line with Elijah he can't quite define. ...Then again...maybe it blurs.

"Nice afternoon for a quake..." Milo falls back a pace, watches the deluge of debris trigger underfoot.

Elijah remains a monument to stasis. To his merit, Milo still thinks he struck a cord somewhere.

"Hm, too bad I'm kind of fond of that type. It's growing on me."

Milo seems to hesitate for a moment, his mild veneer cracks and words are hard to find. "Well," he starts, "after Slateport was invaded, everything was just gone..."

/ sorry for the wait

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2020 8:51:18 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

milo states his growing fondness- and elijah can't help but loosen the slightest beginnings of a laugh. it is not out of rejection. no, it is the benign pun of "growing" that allows his intimidating monument to erode ever so slightly.

"hmph. if you say so." elijah senses movement ahead, the clanging of steel and kicked rocks echoing off the walls of their path.

"ah. you're a slateport survivor. thought you'd have a grudge against us then."

elijah stops. fanning a hand forward, he directs his gogoat to scout.

"are you the only one left of your family?"

/ take as long as you need!!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a new leaf [dw/c]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 5:21:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Milo slants a lean smile his way and eyes the ghost of a laugh that dredges from the depths. It scopes out chinks in the callous armour of his façade like a stone the ocean beats against. A little more is worn awa---. The blonde scoffs within. Anymore, and they'd be dangerously hovering on the periphery of cliché.

Senses sync with Elijah's at the clamour of steel-on-stone in the cold light of late December, their own murmurs converging some where in it and toward them.

"Guess you could call it that." A new and jaded piece on the board. "I blame the league too."

Leafeon pairs off on patrol with Elijah's gogoat without prompt, sidling up to her bushy wool in welcome.

"Probably. They were in Kanto."