Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 22:23:54 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida leapt upon the Lapras as well, precariously perching before seating herself near the end, toes practically trailing in the waters. "Normal is rare." She spoke suddenly in response, "And leads to bring weak. I've never been normal, and I like it much better, no matter what happens to me...good that you already feel that way." She cut herself off before shs could say something morbid like: "I hope you don't die before your old like me". It would be genuine, but words like that rarely resulted in understanding.

She watched the land back away from them as the Lapras swam, tilting her head slightly back so she could look at Annie without breaking her gaze, "A mom?" For near the first time today, a smile burst on Kaida's face, "I don't have that many family yet, but I font think I'm going to be a mom except for the little ones!" A snicker broke through her lips, yet she wasn't lying, given the length of time and what age she started with, she thought it more accurate to think of them as siblings, or even the ones who raised her.

"...Were you never normal?" She asked suddenly, eyes searching the seas, "I was, before, but I don't even remember those times."

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 11:31:05 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Tagging:
Surprise. Confusion. Regret. Each of those flashed over the girl’s face, but only for a faction of a second. She let the woman say her piece, tilting her head back to get a better look at her. “You’re not wrong. Normal seems… boring, after a while. But it’s comfortable. Safe. Boring doesn’t have to be all that bad either. I miss it, but only sometimes.” A wistful tone told that it might have been a bit more frequent than ‘sometimes’.

“The safety of it is nice, I guess… But you’re not wrong. I’d still be a weak little girl if things had stayed fine for me.” She paused, turning back to Melody for a moment. Her ferry heard the hesitation and knew that a soothing tune was in order. A gentle hum began, quiet enough that the girls could still talk, but present enough to be heard and appreciated. Annie barely gave a second thought as she started stroking her Pokemon’s neck, laying her gaze back on the ranger.

“More normal than now. I started off in an orphanage, so that wasn’t so bad. Then Rocket burned it down. And messed up a lot of the rest of Kanto. Getting out of that taught me a lot about being strong. Also, not dying.” Normally, she knew better than to share a tragic backstory on the first meeting, but something about Kaida’s words, the look in her eyes, the emotion (or lack thereof) she seemed to hold, told her that the woman might empathise rather than sympathise. At the very least, she wouldn’t fall over herself pitying Annie for what couldn’t be changed.

“I managed to get myself out of the region, and things are better here. The place isn’t being run by crime lords, for one… But I’m underage, with next to no legal documents, so finding proper work and a place to stay has been… Bad. And that’s how I ended up here.” She gestured to the body of water, and the mount that separated them from it. Despite the circumstances that had led her there, she sounded mostly content with it. Mostly. “On the road, doing odd jobs to earn my way and training up my Camp. This is pretty normal for me now, but it’s not… normal normal, you know?”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 17:55:06 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida relaxed as the Lapras started her song, listening quietly until Annie was done. A past was always important, and Kaida knew better than to interrupt or gloss over it. "They changed everyone's normal." She grumbled, knowing that humans didn't used to die in battles, that a Pokemon battle rarely ended in true damage. "It's not normal, but I don't think we'd be here if you didn't have all that happen...it will be fine, not now but much, much later. I turned out fine. I appreciated the help." She couldn't say it was good now, that was just naive, but Annie already seemed to have a grasp on everything. Thus, it would get better. "If you need a familiar face, you can use me. We're both pretty not normal."

She seemed to consider something for a little, and then started to speak. "I was a real Poochyena child." A past was important, and she felt it was only fair that hers also be on the table, "I wandered into Slateport, and nobody, not even me, had any idea who the hell I was." Her smile was as if this were a fond memory, "But my family was with me, and I knew I loved Pokemon...Ranger was the only job for me, it seemed."

"I might run into your Camp one day, please introduce me, my family would be happy to meet another like us.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 20:59:24 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Tagging:
In the face of a kindred spirit, she could speak without fear of judgement or pity, and Kaida made sure her faith wasn’t misplaced. All it took was a few words to make her face light up. “Yeah-yeah, you what I mean! It’s like in all those stories and myths. The big hero starts life with a bad hand… But that just teaches them how to be strong, fierce, inspiring!” She dared to take her hands off Melody, so she could flex and pump both of them. “That’s how people become legendary. I’m getting there. It just takes a little time.” When she smiled, it was far from that of a child chained by her past.

Then came the Ranger’s turn to share. A beaming grin lost some of its life. A bad childhood wasn’t much to brag about, but Annie wasn’t sure if not knowing hers was something to envy. Probably not, considering what she’d just said. “You made the most of what you were given. That’s the most important thing. Looks like you did a pretty good job, too. You’re doing what you love, your guys seem pretty happy being with you, and you don’t have to look back when there’s so much to look forward to.” A job easier said than done, she reminded herself, when remnants of that past whispered in the dark. Before she could dwell on those thoughts, Melody’s coo drew her attention to their journey, which seemed to have come to an end.

“Great. Thanks, Mel!” The Lapras bowed her head as Annie disembarked, beckoning Kaida to follow. “You’re welcome to visit the Camp any time, Shiro! …If you can find it. I don’t really have a phone yet, so once I say goodbye to somebody… Sometimes they email me, and sometimes I just get lucky. If we’re both travelling the region, I’m sure we’ll run into each other again eventually.”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 22:20:09 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

An almost disappointment clouded Kaida's face before she swiftly recovered, the trip to the other side shorter than she expected, "Already?"

As Annie spoke, retelling of the difficulties they would have in seeing the other, Kaida nodded seriously, "That's fine, we don't forget friends. It won't be long if we're both traveling...it'll just happen." Her reassuring words were slightly out of character, but they were truthful and confident. It simply wasn't an idea that they wouldn't see each other again.

"Duty calls, I need to get to a Center." Kaida checked her Ranger Nav with small urgency and returned her Pokemon, "Be safe, I'll see you."