snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
karaoke dokie [m]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 4:19:34 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","posticon"]

[attr="class","posttag"]
@bean5

[attr="class","postwords"]

There's no need to be nervous, right?[break][break]

Except, she is and it's clear as day. Her hands are trembling, curling and uncurling into little fists at her sides. Her eyes are flighty, scanning repeatedly for all exits should she need to make a break for it. Realistically, this shouldn't give her so much of an issue? It's just a little karaoke date, nothing to fear, nothing to dread. God, but she's pretty sure nails on a chalkboard sound better than her singing voice. She'll be the laughing stock of Hoenn by the time the night is over... Good lord.[break][break]

Glancing toward the entrance, the woman considers downing a drink or twelve to quell her nerves. It's not a bad idea, really, but the stark reminder that she cannot hold her liquor well is cause enough for her to shoot down those thoughts as they bubble up from her anxious mind. No, she'll have to do this as the sober trainwreck she is. It doesn't help that her partner in all of this is handsome and she gets flustered just by looking at him. Nope, doesn't help her cause at all.[break][break]

Speaking of, she still hasn't seen Graham yet. Is she extremely early or is he just late? What if he doesn't show? Oh god, her first date and she'll get stood up. Okay, a drink doesn't sound so bad now... "Um," she mumbles, turning toward the expectant eyes of the bartender who has been watching her have an inner conflict for well over ten minutes now. Heat rises to her cheeks and she squirms under his gaze. "I'll, um, have a vodka pineapple?" It sounds uncertain and really, she should have ordered something different but it's her mom's favorite drink and her mind went blank under the pressure.[break][break]

And so, the dark haired woman finds herself swirling the contents of her drink around the glass a few minutes later, brushing a stray curl of hair behind her ear. By now, she's past worrying about if she'll be stood up and now, she's currently picking apart her outfit. Is it too much, too little? Too dressy or too casual? God, should she have worn higher heels? She's already pretty tall even without little kitten heels strapped around her ankles. The red skirt seemed pretty when she pulled it from her closet but now it feels tight and uncomfortable, especially in contrast to the flow-y white blouse she managed to pair it with.[break][break]

God, this might be a total disaster...

[attr="class","postpokes"]

[newclass=.post] width: 300px; background: #272727; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-size: 10.5px; font-family: tahoma; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.posticon] margin: 0 auto; position: relative; margin-bottom: 20px; border: 10px solid #303030; background: #303030; border-radius: 100%; height: 100px; width: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posticon img] border-radius: 100%; border: 5px solid #202020; margin-left: -5px; margin-top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postwords] padding: 25px; background: #303030; border-radius: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.posttag] text-align: right; background: #373737; padding: 10px; border-radius: 3px 3px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttag a] text-decoration: none; color: #c25757; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: tahoma; font-weight: bold; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: .6px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postpokes] color: #373737; border-radius: 0px 0px 3px 3px; padding-top: 10px; text-align: center; background: #373737; padding-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
karaoke dokie [m]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2020 3:34:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Graham enters the bar a few minutes late, smoothing down his button-up white shirt. It was crisp, freshly ironed, and pristine eggshell white. He work black slacks, and his hair was cropped to the side - smoothed down for once, rather than wild and free like normal.

He was actually trying, tonight.

As he makes his way through the karaoke crowd, he smiles brightly when he spots her - looking absolutely ravishing in the dim light of the bar. "Ah... I see you've ordered a drink already." Graham pouts a little bit, before sliding into the seat next to her. "I guess I'll get your next one." He grins and raises his hand to signal the bartender.

He orders a gin and tonic, on the rocks, with mint leaves. Once he gets it, he takes a sip, rolling it in his mouth, before nodding, satisfied. He was a bar owner himself, after all. Had to make sure other bars couldn't compete with his drink palette. "How are you, Illeana? Thawed out from the cold outside, I hope?" He grins, eyebrows raising.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
karaoke dokie [m]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 5:47:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","posticon"]

[attr="class","posttag"]
@bean5

[attr="class","postwords"]

He settles beside her just as she finishes the majority of her drink, her nerves still getting the better of her. In fact, a nervous smile rises to her lips as she rotates to face him, the corners of her mouth twitching slightly. "Hi! Yes, sorry," she breathes, words coming out in a jumble already. Damn nerves... Her hands fidget, liquid sloshing around the glass freely. "Are you sure? I wouldn't want to impose..."[break][break]

He orders his own drink, sipping at it a moment later. Silence falls around them in that moment despite the noisy atmosphere of the bar and she feels even more awkward, moving to finish the rest of her drink in a gulp if only to distract herself. The silence is quickly filled, however, as Graham speaks up, eyebrows raising with a grin. She flushes slightly, a shaky hand moving to place her now empty glass back on the counter. "I'm good," she murmurs. Her own version of a grin, small and shy, rises to her lips. "Definitely thawed out now. How are you? Cold?" It's still rather frigid outside, enough to leave noses dripping and skin chapped.[break][break]

She's vaguely aware of the fact that she's still trembling in her seat, body shivering from more than just the cold beyond the doors. In fact, she's more nervous now than before. Maybe it's because he's sitting next to her, with the edge of his shirt brushing against hers. Or, better yet, it's the notion that he could see how nervous she is. And so, with a small sigh and hands that begin to fiddle with each other, she glances down at the bar as she speaks. "I'm sorry, I'm a little nervous..." Better to admit it now than have him bring it up, right?

[attr="class","postpokes"]

[newclass=.post] width: 300px; background: #272727; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-size: 10.5px; font-family: tahoma; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.posticon] margin: 0 auto; position: relative; margin-bottom: 20px; border: 10px solid #303030; background: #303030; border-radius: 100%; height: 100px; width: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posticon img] border-radius: 100%; border: 5px solid #202020; margin-left: -5px; margin-top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postwords] padding: 25px; background: #303030; border-radius: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.posttag] text-align: right; background: #373737; padding: 10px; border-radius: 3px 3px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttag a] text-decoration: none; color: #c25757; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: tahoma; font-weight: bold; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: .6px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postpokes] color: #373737; border-radius: 0px 0px 3px 3px; padding-top: 10px; text-align: center; background: #373737; padding-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
karaoke dokie [m]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 4:18:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Of course he can tell that she's nervous, but he wasn't in any sort of position to do anything that might make her feel uncomfortable, she he just smiles when she admits it, and takes his drink when it comes, taking a long sip. Slowly, he rolls his tongue over his bottom lip, and nods again, thinking for a moment.

"Well, what can I do to help ease you? I can sit farther away. Perhaps order you some food and some water?" Graham taps his fingers onto his glass, and he chuckles. "I don't want to do anything that will make you uncomfortable, so if it's those kinds of nerves, and not the excited kind, I can literally just..."

He motions to the door. "Bugger off and not bother you. It's what makes you feel safe, okay?" Graham folds his fingers together, before looking over at the karaoke stage. "I could also go make an idiot of myself on the stage - would that disarm you a little?" He laughs at himself.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
karaoke dokie [m]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 23:52:09 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
the woman shifts in her seat, her nerves really beginning to get the better of her. by now, her palms are sweating, hands slightly trembling. this is supposed to be a fun night out and right now, she's definitely not making it fun. oh god, is she making him regret this? oh boy.

with a sheepish smile, she shakes her head. "no, no, it's okay!" it's kind of him to try to make her feel better. he's very considerate but this night is about him too, right? if anything, she should be trying to be more considerate of him... "it's an excited nervous. i think, anyway," she giggles, smile widening a little. the nerves will fade away as the night goes. if not, she'll have to apologize profusely for being such an awful date.

"you're very kind," she murmurs. "but i'll be okay! it's just, um, my first time doing this kind of thing." it feels weird to admit to him but she has a bad habit of being painfully honest. it's a bit shameful that she's twenty two years old and just now experiencing her first date... is she the only one? probably. before she can dwell on this thought any further, however, he motions toward the stage with a laugh. "i mean," she laughs, following his gaze for a moment before turning her attention back to him. "if you want to make a fool out of yourself then feel free! i'd enjoy the show." more laughter escapes the woman and she leans toward him a little, raising an eyebrow. "are you a good singer?"
@bean5
flammaenixlapisaliummotuscauda
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
karaoke dokie [m]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 21:38:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Oh? It was her first date? Now Graham felt a little bad... Like he should have asked to meet somewhere quieter, more intimate, so they could actually chat. Great. Way to read a situation, Graham.

Still, he smiles and shakes his head when she asks if he's any good. "Oh, I'm absolutely dreadful. I sound like a cow with no vocal box." He chuckles and pats her hand gently, before moving to stand. "I'll go sign up." He wasn't scared, and if it makes her smile, then he's not going to turn down the opportunity to do it.

Standing up, he heads over to the karaoke platform and grabs a hold of the microphone, spinning it around awkwardly and nearly dropping it. Grinning, he catches it in his hand and points out over the crowd. "Yeah, ladies and gentlemen. More where that came from, I can assure you." He grins, charmingly, before selecting his song and squinting at the lyrics on the screen.

He wasn't kidding about how he sounded when he actually starts singing "Don't Stop Believin'," in his best (worst) falsetto.