The thick of it [gym]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2020 4:46:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec had entered the Mauville City Gym, marveling over the beauty of the greenery within. The young trainer had caught a whiff of a sweet aroma in the air, feeling a sense of comfort within the air. Alec really liked the setting as well.

If he had remembered correctly, Alec believed this Gym had belonged to the Gym Leader, Cait Alfric - who specialized in Grass as well as Fairy type Pokemon. At least, that was what Professor Florian had told him. He had never battled a Fairy Type Pokemon before to be truthful though. In fact, he had only learned about them only recently. 

However, that didn't stop the young Alec from taking on the Gym Challenge. As he walked, Alec's shoes clicked against the Cobblestone underneath him and come to the maze. He continued onward into the depths of the Maze to reach the Gym Leader. 

Eventually, the young trainer had made it to a bridge, with a river underneath. The flow of the water sounded he crossed the bridge, coming onto what was a circular field made of stone. "Alright! I think I made it!" Alec said to himself with a big fat goofy grin slapped on his face. One could tell immediately that Alec had a glowing sense of confidence as well as a kindness to him.

-Notes-

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 15:26:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"you most certainly did."

cait was there to greet the jovial fellow, the smile which tugged at the corners of her painted lips appearing full and astonishingly bright.

"
it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

her finger tips pinched the powder blue fabric of her dress as she executed a curtsy. once she had finished her prim bow, the woman gracefully straightened herself and began to explain the rules set in place.

"
this will be a three on three," she said. "only one pokemon is allowed - per trainer - to be out on the field at a time. the winner will be determined depending on whomever's companion is left standing."

as she spoke a great number of pokemon began to gather at the edge of the river which surrounded the field, the gazes of dozens upon dozens of pokemon settling upon alec all at once. their mistress's gaze would flicker for a moment, her eyes soon falling shut. 

a gardevoir appeared before her shortly after, a nervous air about her as she glanced over her shoulder at the green-haired woman. 

"
you're very welcome to begin," cait said, smiling encouragingly at her own companion as she addressed alec directly.

http://www.pokestadium.com/sprites/xy/gardevoir.gif

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 17:17:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec smiled and bowed, showing the female Gym Leader his respect as well as gratitude. "Thank you! It's a pleasure to meet you as well!" Alec said, revealing his big goofy grin. It was then that the Gym Leader had began to explain the rules of the Gym Challenge. Once she had finished explaining the rules, something amazing had happened. A group of Pokemon had began to gather. Alec was amazed by how many Pokemon there were.

"Woooow! These are all your Pokemon! That's awesome!" Alec said, unable to contain his excitement anymore. It wad at these moments when Alec was at his best though, so perhaps his excitement was a good thing to have. When the female Gardevoir had appeared, Alec smiled brightly. "Thank you once again! And now," Alec said, pausing as he took his left arm and took a Poke ball from his belt. "Time to come on out Chubs!" Alec said tossing the Poke ball out in front of him. It cracked open, reavealing a robust Snorlax. It had a calmness about him, as well as a sense of determination about him. Aside from that, that was similarity he possessed with his young trainer.

" I hope your ready, buddy! Now go in with a Heavy Slam!" Alec commanded. The Snorlax complied, charging the Gardevoir head on, using his fully body weight all at once as he charged. Even though the Snorlax was big and robust, the momentum it had picked up from charging made the Snorlax seem heavier than what he actually was. The booming sounds of his feet echoed throughout the vicinity as it charged at the opposing Gardevoir.

It's a good idea Snorlax knows a steel type move like this one. Because if I remember correctly, this gym specializes in not just grass, but Fairy types as well! Not only that, but her Gardevoir is also a Psychic type! I just have to play it right, and guide Snorlax through it the only way I know how! Alec thought having a playful smirk on his face.

-Notes: Snorlax attempts to charge The Gardevoir with Heavy Slam! ^^ If I need to edit anything, pls let me know and I'll fix it for ye! UwU-

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2020 2:44:42 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait was vaguely aware of the snorlax's potential. she had possessed a munchlax for no less than a year - and while she had yet to evolve - her presence within the gym leader's arsenal had granted the woman access to information of moderate value.

'slow but powerful,' she thought. 'i need to watch out for attacks that can hit especially hard.'

she leveled her green-eyed gaze at her own pokemon, who was comparatively slight by a large margin.

'but she makes up for it in mobility.'

the snorlax rushed toward the anxiety-ridden psychic-type, whom froze for a moment as she was faced with an oncoming heavy slam.  

"teleport!"

gardevoir squeezed her eyes shut, forcing herself to focus, flicking out of sight before reappearing at the edge of the stone field. she very nearly tumbled into the bordering river, her aim off by roughly several feet. but she recovered after a stumble, her eyes round as her arms flapped about. 

[ gardevoir dodges with teleport! ] 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2020 3:52:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec still held a grin on his face, but had slightly changed from a new expression of excitement when the lady Gym Leader commanded her Gardevoir to Teleport. This was actually his first time ever seeing a Pokemon use that move, despite having heard of it before.

Alec felt bad that the Gardevoir almost took a tumble in the river, however this still was a battle. "Use your momentum to turn around and charge at Gardevoir with Heavy Slam again!" Alec commanded. The robust Snorlax complied, using the momentum it had built up from charging the first time, turning around in a slow yet evenly paced slide and pursued the Gardevoir once more.

Alec with a grin had spoken to the female Gym Leader this time. "That's cool how your Gardevoir can Teleport! But, Chubs and I won't give up just because you have a speed advantage!" Alec said. His words did not have no smugness within them, but rather a sense of determination.

The command he had given to his Snorlax was proof of that. Chubs had then pushed off in a lunging charge once more, rushing towards the Gardevoir. If I time my commands right and with Chubs building his momentum from charging, I'm sure that we can make an opening for ourselves! It just depends on what Gardevoir does next! Alec thought, his inner voice from his mind ringing with eagerness and the same determination he physically expresses.

Chubs the Snorlax may be slower than Gardevoir, but both him and Alec still have some surprises left up their sleeve. The young trainer, believe it or not was actually excited to see what the Gardevoir would do next! The Gym Battle already fun!

-Notes: Snorlax uses its own momentum from the first charge to slide, turning around and continues to charge at the Gardevoir; attempting Heavy Slam again!-

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 0:41:28 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the gym leader was impressed - and rightfully so. a pokemon who lacked the appropriate training would likely struggle to recover from an effectively executed dodge, but the snorlax managed to veer toward his target instead.

'well-trained,' she assessed. 

her gardevoir panicked, her arms raised before her as she attempted to shove at the pokemon with a sloppily executed psychic. but the timing was off by seconds and she found herself shoved into the water, falling below its clear surface. 

'unfortunate but...'

she could use this to her advantage. the river was slim, after all - and unable to properly accommodate a pokemon of that size.

'stay underneath for a spell,' she communicated, tugging gently on the bond she shared with the gardevoir. 'can you manage that?'

gardevoir offered her affirmation, her lips sealed shut and her bleary vision shifting toward the surface. 

[ gardevoir was hit by heavy slam ! ] 
[ gardevoir is hiding in the river ! ] 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 2:02:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Chubs had hit the Gardevoir, sending her into small river. At that same exact moment, the Gardevoir used Alec thought might have been Psychic. There was no clear physical contact between the two, other than Chubs slamming into the Gym Leader's Pokemon.

Snorlax was a little confused by the invisible attack that pushed him back, but it was nothing that put the big guy at risk. "Good job, Chubs! That was awesome! Be careful though! This isn't over just yet!" Alec had said, having his confidence grow. However, Chubs the Snorlax had shown slight concern, unable to pinpoint the Gardevoir's whereabouts exactly in the river.

"It's okay, Chubs! Use Amnesia!" Alec said with a smile, knowing that would help out his robust friend. Chubs the Snorlax was now standing there quietly, and just like that, he had let go of his concerns of finding the Gardevoir. "That's right! Let the Gardevoir come to you and wait for your own opening!" Alec said with his signature goofy grin.  

-Snorlax gets hit by the Psychic soon after Gardevoir gets sent into the river; Snorlax uses Amnesia to forget about trying to find the Gardevoir and instead waits for Gardevoir to attack instead. -

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 19:55:17 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
'looks like they're prepping for an even stronger attack.'

cait experienced a twinge of nervousness from her gardevoir's side of the bond, a reassuring smile finding its way onto her painted lips as she silently acknowledged her poekmon's fears. 

'let's do the same,' she suggested. 'calm mind. and then leave the water once ready.'

her gardevoir sought to focus, managing the task of bolstering her own psychic capabilities prior to taking leave of the pool. she sucked in a breath, grateful to be allowed access to air again. the psychic-type was a solid distance away from the snorlax now, her gaze soon fixing itself upon the large creature. 

she returned to her mistress's front after taking a few uncertain steps, a slight tremble present in her limbs as she prepared for the battle's continuation. 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 21:45:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec smirked once the female Gardevoir had come back up from the river. He was glad she was okay, and yet at the same time, he was also eager to win still. "Alright, Chubs! Let's win this! Strike Gardevoir down with Giga Impact!" Alec said with a confident grin once more. Snorlax stood there, gather a powerful aura around his body and then broke into a massive charge towards the Gardevoir.

Even though it was a Normal type move, it was actually more powerful than Chub's Heavy Slam. The young trainer had the hopes that the impact from Chub's earlier attack would have slowed her down. Chubs may not be able to be able to turn with this one like he had before. However, would the Gardevoir use Teleport again? Or, would she use a different tactic instead?

Another thing that Alec had noticed was that, the female Gym Leader had not said nothing as far as commanding her Pokémon at all yet. Could she and her Pokémon be that skilled? Whatever the case may have been, Alec was enjoying the battle and it hadn't even been half way through yet! These Hoenn Gym Leaders are on a whole other level than the ones back in Johto, and that made himself twitch with excitement.

-Notes: Snorlax Charges Gardevoir with Giga Impact!-

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 9:56:02 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
it was a shame she couldn't utilize her more heftier pokemon against a pokemon such as snorlax. something with comparatively more bulk would have an easier time at combating the behemoth. cait imagined - albeit briefly -  her dragonite or someone of his general or build size taking on the normal-type. the aforementioned dragon would likely revel in the opportunity to do so.

'psychic,' cait commanded. 'try pushing him back or halting his progress.'

she decided to test her pokemon's mental fortitude against snorlax's raw strength. cait was aware that she'd be pushing her gardevoir to the limit - and her failure to succeed with the following tactic would likely result in a nasty outcome. and it looks like the psychic-type was ultimately aware of this, her thin lips set in a grim line and her eyes round with alarm. but she pushed back with a telekinetic wave, utilizing psychic in sn attempt to shove the snorlax - or at least halt his momentum by a significant degree.

- gardevoir uses psychic to try pushing the snorlax back - 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 14:02:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec smirked, seeing that the Gardevoir, despite it's nervousness, still went on the offensive, using Psychic to try and push Snorlax back. The aurua that surrounded Chubs had collided with the kinetic energy that Gardevoir shot out. Chubs was staying in place for the moment, trying to overcome Gardevoir's Psychic energy. Snorlax had grunted as he had kept trying to force himself through to land the blow on Gardevoir.

"Don't give up Chubs! You can do it! Break through!" Alec shouted, trying to give Chubs some words of encouragement in order to break through. Chubs huffed, forcing himself to step forward, inching closer towards the Gardevoir bit by bit. just as he got closer, Chubs had attempted to use his strength to try and smack the Gardevoir down, however their could be a chance that the Gardevoir could boost it's strength at the last minute? Alec wasn't sure if it could, however Alec couldn't wait for that to happen! He had to have Chubs give it his all, because his 'all' was all he had.

-Notes: Snorlax attempts to push through and continue it's attack!

sorry that it's short D: if I need to make edits pl let me know uwu <3-

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2020 4:06:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
'i can't - i can't - i can't.'

the mantra seeped into cait's mind, originating from her straining and visibly trembling gardevoir as she sought to keep the snorlax from colliding bodily into her. her mistress felt no small amount of sympathy for the petite psychic, aware that her limits were close to being reached.

'you can try,' cait responded, plainly. 

gardevoir's mantra shifted accordingly following a brief period of worrying silence. the pokemon grimaced, her facial features taut as a small but helpful wave of determination caused her to continue to push - push

"...!" 

she thrust herself to the side and out of the snorlax's way, barely managing a dodge as she fell upon the unforgiving stretch of stone. gardevoir scraped her chin as well as her hands, but she had prevented herself from taking on the full force of the giga impact

- gardevoir dodges giga impact! - 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2020 20:39:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The young trainer had hoped his Snorlax would be able to make a hit, however the Gardevoir was able to get out of the way. Alec knew that Chubs would have to recharge from using Giga Impact after it's use which had left him wide open for an attack. "Oh no! This is bad! but, I know Chubs can take it," Alec had said, Chubs had stood there, showing that it was slightly exhausted from using that last attack. "Hang in their Chubs! I know you can do this!"

Alec had said, cheering his very own Pokemon, despite having exhausted itself from that attack. Hopefully, the Gardevoir didn't have a heavy hitting move that would greatly damage him, or else Chubs will be in trouble of losing. No! I can't think like that! If I do, then we will lose for sure! We will win this challenge and get that Gym Badge! Alec thought to himself once more. He wondered why the female Gym Leader hadn't said anything this whole time. Her Gardevoir was doing quite well without getting any physical commands verbally. The young Gym Leader had assumed that she and her Pokemon were very skilled, which made Alec psyched even more for the rest of this battle.

-Notes: Snorlax is recharging from Giga Impact!-

Also, sorry to keep you waiting! <3

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2020 19:26:34 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the gym leader detected a curious combination of emotions that originated from her pokemon, cait detecting the underlying embarrassment as her gardevoir picked herself up from unforgiving stone. as the petite creature rubbed her scraped jaw with a grimace, she'd glance in the direction of her sibling and sire. both were observing the battle from a distance; the former smirking in amusement whilst the latter remained characteristically stoic. 

'don't worry about them,' cait ordered, shooting a warning glance at the pair. 'worry about the snorlax. you aren't built to take more than one or two hits.' 

her gardevoir managed a small nod, realizing that she'd need to strike out against the normal-type before he fully recovered. a magical leaf manifested, the attack conjured into existence with little effort. it was the coordination involved that was a bit tricky, her brother surpassing her by leagues when it came to the art of telekinesis. still, she succeeded in directing the attack toward the winded snorlax. 

- gardevoir used magical leaf! - 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The thick of it [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2020 1:02:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec had watched as the Gardevoir launched a Magical Leaf at Chubs. Alec knew that Chubs would be able to take the hit, but Alec knew that taking the hit would make him weaker, especially after having temporarily using Giga Impact. The Magical Leaf collided with the hulky Snorlax. Chubs had slid back from the hit, regaining his footing a few moments after. "Chubs! Jump up and use Body Slam!" Alec had said.

Chubs complied with a powerful foot stomp, then using his strength to jump up into the air, it's belly facing down on the Gardevoir, attempting to bring it down by slamming down on it. Alec had decided to have Chubs use a different method of attacking this time, rather than charge at it aimlessly. The attempt they did last time with the Heavy Slam might not work a second time, so coming up with something else that's totally different should make the battle easier for them.

Alec had watched on, hoping at Chubs would be able to connect with his Body Slam. We have to be careful too, but we can't afford to not attack either! We have to bring down the Gardevoir now before Chubs gets too worn out," The young trainer thought to himself. It was clear that Alec was focused on the challenge that faced, portrayed not only by his expression, but by also his words. This challenge was tough, given that he was up against a Psychic Type Pokemon. He believed that Chubs could overcome the Gardevoir's Psychic Powers even though he had taken a good hit here and there.

-Notes: 1. Snorlax is hit by Magical Leaf!
2. Snorlax then jumps up in the air and attempts slam down on the Gardevoir w/ Body Slam!