awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 18:00:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Wasting no time, Lars settles down for what he’s sure is going to be a long day. How long? He didn’t know, but he was concerned—how thin had he spread out the other Elite Rangers to help with the newer faces; how many more wild Pokémon attack alerts was he going to get while he was closeted up here—stuff like that.

Side-eyeing his Pokénav a moment, he sighs before flipping it to a vibrate-only setting. His full attention is needed here, and boy, with the way things were going down… it looked like there were a lot of things that had to be handled carefully.

The moment Olivia opened with the presentation, his lips pursed into an even thinner line than they already had (mentally) and his expression became stony the longer it went on. Clearly, everyone else present was voicing what he wanted to say—silently thanking them for doing so, because what the heck was up, man?

Nodding quietly in Orion’s direction at the mention of the bulletin, he keeps his eyes on the presentation—mostly taking down mental notes. His Pokénav had the nifty feature of having an audio recorder built within it, so he flipped that on and continued to listen—mentally his attention was elsewhere.

Clearly, it was with the rest of the Rangers.

While he was not sure of how deep the schism between the council members were, he picked up early on from Orion’s interjection that something else had gone down during the New Year’s… well, it was supposed to be a celebration but it had ended up turning into another disaster. Slateport was once again a fucking mess.

Surprisingly he found himself agreeing with what Councilman Silph had to say—despite his own reservations with the other man in the room.

Turning his attention back to the display, his eyes almost grow wide for a few moments as he sees two familiar faces—which he filed away for later, there would be time for those questions—before his expression returned to its usual stony-eyed gaze as he continued to observe what the hell was going on.

The moment the Rangers are mentioned, though…

…it set off a nerve. Somewhere, deep inside him—it set off a nerve.

Deigning not to look at the contents of the envelope in front of him, he allowed the other two councilmen to voice out what they had to say before he finally spoke up, having been silent most of the time.

“Are you…” he began, turning to face Olivia with a look that was nothing less than simmering anger. “Are you implying that the Elite of the Ranger force aren’t good enough for this?”

He then slapped his hand on the table.

“Excuse my action, but—are you trying to say that the Rangers need another specialized task force running within them? And without my own input in all this, nonetheless? Have you… have you lost your mind?

There was a big, wide, gaping hole in this argument, and he was going to pounce on it.

“Pray tell, how are you going to subdue and capture these ‘Ultra Beasts’,” he emphasized, keeping the saltiness out of his voice as much as he could, “…if whatever we throw at it doesn’t seem to work? I have heard from sources who were at the site of the incident that the combined attacks almost did nothing? To only agitate the ‘Ultra Beasts’ further?

Of course, he had heard from one of the Gym Leaders there, maybe two, that there was something definitely amiss with the way majority of the attacks that everyone had thrown at the strange clown, as well as the black squid-like tentacle…thing… did almost nothing.

“Also, answer me this. You mentioned ‘capture’. Pray tell, how are we going to subdue these threats? Would any of our normal Pokéballs work on them at all? Did anyone try to at least capture one of them to see if it would work? Tell me, how would we all do this if, oh I don’t know, if what we currently have doesn’t work? If our attacks aren’t going to work on it, then who’s to say that our normal Pokéballs would work at attempting to capture them?”

There was also the question of the ‘avatars’, as he put it—but his concerns would be saved for later. Boy.

“I also noticed one thing—with all of your proposals, they are spearheaded by women. Are you trying to imply that men can’t handle this work as well?

There, he had said it.

The other thing that had been ticking at him and pissing him off so much.

Don’t touch the Rangers. Don’t say we don’t do our shit at all! He thought, the fury reaching the surface—and he so much wanted to explode. He had to keep calm!

“I have another question for you, though—why the ostentatious position of your location at the head of the table? Everyone here is basically your equal.”

He could feel a vein going in his forehead. It was there. Throbbing.

Tick, tock.

I rarely bust out this particular icon, but when it appears, needless to say he’s not amused

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 2:12:53 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]
Orion's request for civility is honored for mere minutes before everything devolves into chaos. He surveys the expressions of those in the room as Olivia makes her speech, his own features an unreadable haze of exhaustion, and carefully slips one of the earplugs into his damaged ear. He has a feeling he's going to need it.

He's right.

It's whose temper burns the hottest, his tirade taking Orion aback. It's not unusual for the man to be grouchy from what Orion knows of him, but this is something else entirely. He finds himself agreeing with several of the points, especially in regards to the Rangers, but his expression falters near the end of the rant. Brows knit together, and it's clear the newest councilman wants to say something.

He almost holds his tongue. As he still holds a position within the Rangers, Laurence is technically still his superior in one sense. He doesn't want to cause problems, and yet... his new position demanded his input. He can already feel a headache developing, pulsing insistently.

He sighs, pinches the bridge of his nose.

"I understand your frustrations, Lars, but I don't think Olivia's suggesting men to be incapable." She was the only woman on the council, and the one of two women in the room at present. Petra and Freya were former council members themselves, so it caused no affront to Orion that their names had been mentioned. She'd included in her plans as well, flawed as they were. He turns his gaze on , and finally makes his opinions known: "However, I also take issue with what you're suggesting, Olivia. If the Rangers and our Elite Four are considered by you to be incapable of taking on the threat that these 'Ultra Beasts' pose, how is this new 'initiative' going to fix anything?"

While Lars' fury had burned hot and bright, Orion's simmers low in its intensity. He is choosing his words carefully, but there's a set to his jaw that suggests his ire.

"To answer your question, Lars: no, regular pokeballs have virtually no effect on these creatures. I myself witnessed one attempt to capture the clown-beast. It bounced right off. Whatever swallowed the creature at last was no regular containment capsule."

He circles back to thoughts of what had said earlier, finding himself agreeing with the man even if he still wasn't sure of his first impressions.

"Regarding : aren't the Council meant to come to decisions together? You'll have to forgive me, I'm still new to this, but that's certainly the impression I was given. The situation was already being deescalated before you stepped in: we could have discussed what to do about his apparent confrontation with as a group, in private, instead of a fairly public confrontation in front of several witnesses that ended with one of the region's respected gym leaders denouncing the league."

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #4ab97b; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 21:57:34 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

"you were invited here, anderson." she said cooly, following orion's remark. she allowed orion to continue speak, seemingly the best mannered man in the room. the comments on balder would go ignored initially, but not unnoticed as olivia answered , "we were in a public festival, councilmen. allowed his temper to get the best of him and acted in a manner unseemly for a representative of the league; much less a gym leader." her gaze washed over all of the men present, all those who had spoken, "if he had wanted to handle this privately, he should have decided to act like an adult; not a brat with the powers of a god."

"which leads to your argument, councilman cole." olivia said, her full attention on the gaudy youth. was easily the youngest present, maybe one of the youngest employed by the league, and perhaps the youngest to hold such a prestigious title. a remarkable feat in its own right, but despite his carefree charm he held a cocky if not irritating aura about him. she clicked her remote, the screen finally shifting from fernando's face to a roster of sorts.

"this team will be entirely made up of chosen individuals or volunteers; those that have proven themselves loyal to the league and capable of dealing with such threats - i have no intention to force anyone to work for the league should they not wish to." she added, turning to face , "as i said, it is not that we do not admire the work of the rangers -" her eyes glanced to before counting, "- or the elite four, but their duties do not detail handling people or pokemon with god like abilities; nor do i expect them to, which is why a trained team of individuals who may be made up of trainers and rangers alike, would be best."

"for, on the topic of the elite four, we have seen exactly where their intentions lay." on cue, the screen displayed the faces of the three remaining elite four: . "in fact, i would say most do not care for their duties as the elite four." an exert from the league codex popped up, reading:

"the elite four are illustrious trainers picked by the league to represent the organization and serve as a benchmark to determine who is strong enough to be the region's champion."

"and yet, of the three, only one showed any reluctance before going for the ultra beast: brave, bold, and brash." she clicked a button and 's face came up in greyscale along with an obituary. "we are dealing with the fallout of one fallen elite four - could you imagine the scenario should we have lost another?" her tone was cold, bitterly so. "we need the elite four to serve the populace, not run head first into deadly situations; and if that is what they want to do, well, they should not be serving as the elite four."

all four faces returned to the screen as olivia said, "they should be apart of the proposed special ops team, so in that capacity; we, as the league - and they, as individuals - are prepared for the possibility of death on a mission." it then panned to the living, "now more than ever, the league and public, rely on the elite four to keep the region safe from mundane threats, such as rocket."

the screen brought up the league file on , "for despite his defeat," Olivia began, her eyes on , "it was his name that you spoke, commissioner goode." olivia swallowed, the soreness in her throat a reminder of seeing dahlia as that beast, "in the light house, before your... attack, my call was hijacked and you asked for helped. begged; and when i saw you in that mess of tentacles you uttered one word, one name."

"blackwell."

"at the time, it eluded me, but when i typed it in our database he came up. rocket is still active, and very much alive, it would appear." she looked to lars first and then the others, "i would dare say it was rocket who captured the ultra beast; for it was captured. some type of pokeball contained it, no normal one that we know of, but something did. which highlights our lack of understanding of these ultra beast and the necessity for a research and response team."

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2020 7:19:37 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

dahlia practices patience. like a zen-mode darmanitan, she stills herself- but she does not cover her ears. tension continues to crawl through the table. it feeds into her propped elbows from the counter, and the electricity nibbles at her joints.

finally, she feels inclined to speak. her voice comes softly- but it is announced with the firm closure of her laptop screen.

"as orion has just said, i understand it might seem," she offers a flicker of a glance at olivia, "that way lars, but let's be wary of jumping to conclusions, yes?"

she completes every sentence. without pause, the commissioner continues despite the delicate constitution of her timbre. she refuses to let anyone talk over her.

"first, just to refresh everyone." dahlia folds her hands together and sets them on her laptop. " , , and even our very own has had experience dealing with these threats. in fact, the elite four were the most qualified to charge in for the sake of our constituents."

mossdeep beckons from the past. it pulses with triangular traumas and cores the present. in the hollowness, she recounts the presence of the head scientist and ex-councilwoman, , but she edits herself to maintain attention.

"actually, considering the dire circumstances, i would be inclined to applaud the efforts of everyone there, the elite four included."

she raises a finger, shaking her head so that the blond curl behind her ear unravels to her cheek. "and let us not forget the efforts of fernando here."

for now, she glosses over her intoxicated utterance.

"let us not forget the efforts of and by supposing that rocket is somehow 'alive.' rocket is dead. silas. is. dead."

dahlia sighs a ghost from her bodily hearth.

"nevertheless, the aqua initiative, to me, sounds plausible. needed, even. avatars can't run unchecked like ."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 3:18:38 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim sits in silence as the council each spoke their piece, a smile sitting calmly on his lips as air filled with each of their words- giving every one of the people present his attention when they deserved it.

So when the time came for him to speak, he would wait in turn for others, careful to not speak over another before airing his own thoughts.

Let’s compromise then.

His hands clasp together lightly as he looks around the room, continuing after his utterance.

It’s obvious that every one of us has one problem or another with what Olivia has said- we were all very vocal about them after all- so instead of nitpicking at one thing or another randomly, let’s take things one at a time and go further into them. Each of us can air out our concerns or question and then we discuss them like adults. Okay? Okay.

There was not a moment to answer before Kim took the reigns, stopping for only a second before he snapped his fingers, the room being enveloped in darkness for a moment before returning to as it was, the effects of Gothorita’s magic room taking place.

Let’s start here.” He said, a translucent Olivia appearing where the original had when speaking her plans of specialized teams. Once she had fully materialized, the doppelganger began repeating Olivia word for word, copying her voice and mannerisms to near perfection.

"first, this is meant to be a response and research field team that would investigate and handle these unnatural phenomena that have been occurring across hoenn."
--
"this is by no means meant to replace the hoenn rangers, whom we are undoubtedly proud and grateful to have,"
--
"but rather equip and better prepare a specialized team of trainers and/or rangers."

How exactly do you plan on doing this? We have already discussed how these things are virtually undefeatable. And from what we have ascertained we do not have the knowledge- as Rocket, or... whoever, may or may not have- to create the proper balls to catch them. What exactly did you have in mind for this task force of yours? How will they differ from the rangers and officers that we currently have.

He takes a look around the room before speaking once more, leaning back into his chair calmly.

Feel free to double back on me. I welcome others to voice their own questions as well.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 4:27:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Each member has their turn to speak out and Fernando holds his tongue. Aside from his unconscious slip, the man remains reserved if only because adding his own input provides little value. Each member present has their own viewpoint on the subject and Fernando's has already been known; Silph opposes all initiatives that do not provide an immediate return on investment. As the head of logistics in the previous administration, his weight is carried by the prestige of his business acumen. New players are introduced to the table and perception shifts, but his ideology stands solid against the test of time.

However, when their guest chime in with his own outrage, Fernando nods along. Not because he agrees with the Head Ranger's sentiments but to answer his question, yes, the rangers aren't good enough. Amidst his tirade, his gesture will be overlooked because the timing proves too perfect and leans in more toward backing up Lar's claim but Fernando doesn't clarify further. Instead, he holds his judgement to the Ranger's own temper toward someone too emotional to rely on and references that for later.

He had been picked by Dahlia. Interesting.

Aside from his emotional attachment, which is understandable although unsightly, Fernando finds himself agreeing to the bulk of the Ranger's following counterpoint. Like a game of darts from the Slateport Night Festival, Lar's aim is true and they poke into Olivia's initiative one by one until he ultimately wins the precious prize of destroying her argument. And then he allows his pride to carry him too far forward and falls flat on his face. The mention of allocating only women to positions of power is lost to him, as it is with Orion, and Fernando's groans inwardly, fumbling in his pocket for a paper box.

Orion makes his own point on the aftermath of the Slateport event and Olivia addresses it with her own sentiments, on why she had to interject, on why it wasn't her fault. Fernando laughs, a mild chuckle, but one befuddled with amusement. "A stubborn bitch can do no wrong, eh?" This time, Fernando's aware of his words and keeps his voice in a whisper, barely audible to himself. Those in his immediate vicinity may be able to pick up on it but the rustling of him pulling out his carton of cigarettes provides another distraction.

As amusing as these proceeding are, he'll need another type of kick if he's going to last.

But then he gets the greatest kick of all: an attack on the Elite Four. If he wasn't busy fumbling for a lighter in his other pocket, Fernando would've chucked it at her with a rage comparable to Mount Salt. There are few things he cares about when it comes to League projects and the illustrious Elite Four is one of them. They would prove an ample stepping stone for his own Project, Avalon, and he'll be damned before some green idiot with reach farther than her own arms starts to pick at something he had sculpted.

But patience is a saint and Fernando holds his tongue by addressing his oral fixation with a freshly lit smoke.

The mention of Team Rocket and Blackwell dissuade Fernando from following up; it's a good deflection, he'll commend her on that. However, her point is null and void. He had seen to that. The vision of Silas' lifeless body and checking his pulse still reels somewhere in his memories and Fernando's spent plenty of time trying to reach out to him. His grasp on his powers have proved less than presentable, but Silas lurked somewhere in the great beyond. He had seen his spectre once before but lacked the finesse to pull him out for a confrontation.

Dahlia concedes on being provoked in the same manner as the rest of them and Fernando appreciates it although he resents her lack of direction. As roundabout as her answer is, there is a minor approval in her reply and Fernando knows that Olivia will latch on. Fine, he'll bite, on paper the points are correct but the execution?

His eyes narrow in and his gaze turns to the Commissioner, pleading, scrying for something beyond benevolent intentions and a naive acceptance. It lasts for a moment before he reels back in his chair, laid against the headrest before letting out a long exhale. Pink pixie dust lines his nostrils and the smell is far from fragrant but lacks the distinctive punch of second hand smoke. Glitter sparkles for a moment before Kim turns off the lights.

"Who will fund it?" Fernando adds in. "Our funds are not as expendable as most would like to believe. I cannot, in good faith, accept this proposal without applying budget cuts to the Rangers. Someone's already driven away Balder. Are we going to give Anderson a stroke too?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 7:27:58 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

Orion's lips form a hard line as Olivia addresses : he'd been a ranger before he was a councilman, viewing the organization like a surrogate family. Anger flares below the surface, but he forces himself to remain composed.

He listens quietly to the back-and-forth, dark eyes darting between speakers. redeems himself slightly in Orion's eyes by proving a voice of reason and compromise, the room falling to dusk at the Gothorita's command. Olivia's double is unnerving in its accuracy, but Orion focuses upon the words rather than the silhouette who parrots them to near-perfection.

In the back of his mind, cogs whirl: Rocket, alive? Blackwell?

, oddly, seems quick to dismiss words that had, according to Olivia, came from her own lips. He stores this information for later, confused as to why the others in the room seem indifferent toward it as well. Was it not alarming to think that the organization still might be active? What if they had merely chopped the head from the serpent in ending Blackwell's reign of terror?

He catches 's muttered comment, but draws no attention to it.

"Anderson would not be the only one opposed to those budget cuts," Orion says at last, pale fingers toying with the edge of a manila folder in front of him. His gaze flicks between those seated. "He's not the only ranger in this room. We're already spread thin in the aftermath of Slateport: cutting funding further would only deprive the region of much-needed aide. It would solve one problem only to create another."

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #4ab97b; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 6:18:47 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Much as he was itching to snap at Olivia like an unleashed Mightyena, he stood his ground. Bless the others for spotting the holes in the argument that he had driven home. If he had it his way he would have drilled it hard into the councilwoman’s thick face. Everyone had brought up valid points so far.

Who put her in charge? He thought bitterly, the remnants of what saltiness he had previously rising up again. Seeing as Orion had brought up a good point mentioning that someone had already tried to catch the clown-like beast with no success.

Point after point was being discussed—the news of one of the Gym Leaders suddenly denouncing his position and ‘going rogue’ right after what had gone down caught him off-guard for the briefest of moments. And then there was the gaping hole pointing at whoever had managed to secure the clown-beast had done so with a special containment unit—one that they didn’t have.

And then suddenly vanished from sight. No trace whatsoever.

Not until Councilman Silph brings up the point of ‘where the hell is the money going to come from’ does he decide to address the gaping hole in the argument, so to speak. With Orion voicing his own opinion as well, Lars looked up again.

“You think the Rangers work for free? Not everyone gets paid well enough. If you’re going to propose a budget cut, obviously I’m not going to allow that. As Orion said, and I will confirm this: the Rangers are already spread too far out—especially in the aftermath of this mess that went down at Slateport along with all the other wild Pokémon outbreaks being reported,” he began with a grunt, his arms crossed as he carefully planned out his next move.

There it was again! Involving people who were not physically present…

“Also, Councilwoman,” he continued with the tiniest bit of salt in his tone, “…don’t you think it’s actually a good idea to ask the people that you had mentioned—the Elite Four—about their opinions and what they think about what you have in mind, instead of just shoehorning them into something that they don’t even have the slightest idea about? You would have much less of a mess on your hands if you just asked them nicely. Or at least meet with them before proposing this without their consent.”

Consent.

That was the one thing she didn’t have—especially with the implications that the Rangers themselves were not good enough for this so-called ‘special ops’ task force that she was planning.

Oh boy, you do not want him angry.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 18:56:10 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

olivia chortled, it was a chill and bitter sound like the briny winter winds they had all endured in slateport. "anderson, it seems i must be the bearer of bad news, or the one to clarify something that i had thought was obvious to everyone in this room: the rangers, elite four, and any league operative serves under the council. gods' sake, the elite four are chosen and hand picked by us and the commissioner." olivia announced, her glacier gaze honing in on the ranger. she liked him, for a man, but he was as ignorant as any other. she added with a scoff, "the only league representatives with an inch of autonomy would be gym leaders, seeing as they handle the municipal issues of their place of residence - who even then, may and can be dismissed by the council or commissioner."

"to be quite frank, anderson, despite your position as head ranger and my own missions with you; i find that i must inform you that what you say here, now, is advice, guidance, suggestions; choose any synonym but at the end of the day it is the vote of the council and commissioner that will matter." olivia said matter of factly before adding, "you were invited to this meeting to share your thoughts, but only that. going forward, i ask that you remember this. you are not on the council, you are merely here to provide a different outlook on the situations and topics being discussed, but hold no sway or power in how things will proceed." she paused, her cold uncaring eyes making contact with the ranger's as she said, "understood? good." before moving on to the next topic.

olivia began with a curt nod to , "let us move onto budget, then, considering the commissioner's consent to the proposal, shall we?" the screen flashed to charts, data list, and media of the destroyed parts of slateport and other places. "given the current situation in hoenn, i am more than well aware on how much we rely on the rangers and how thinly spread they are. i have traveled from slateport to lilycove with anderson by my side to fend off these mutated pokemon who wreak havoc; so despite councilman silph's suggestion that we cut funds to the ranger, as he clearly holds little regard for our brave rangers, i have compiled a list of guaranteed and potential donators." olivia began, ocean eyes flicking to at her last comment before returning to the holographic display.

"there is, of course, the crown. seeing as we provide support throughout most of western hoenn already with sootopolis as our headquarters, i would be more than willing to contribute." olivia said, the logo of a crown popping into existence. "then, there is lupin co." their own logo flashed into reality alongside the crown, "miss shou has given her consent and approval to this initiative and will provide the funds required; perhaps more, in fact, but i will touch back on that soon." the logos disappeared and a familiar one popped up, dev co. "i am more than confident that the current CEO, , would be willing to contribute. miss stone has been quite friendly and cooperative with the league and would likely offer what help she could." beep boop, the logo of 's company manifested. "one of our, gym leader benoit, is already analyzing the toxins from the new year's incident and i believe would be an integral part of the AQUA initiative - as a donator and potential member."

all four logos returned tot he holodisplay, "four powerful companies with international reach; from hoenn to sinnoh and orre to galar, all four entities have the means to aide us in this endeavor." olivia said. the logos dimmed out until it was just lupin and the crown, "of which galar is of particular interest. their league is more a sports show than anything, but there is particular phenomena that has been brought to my attention given miss shou and i's recent development into galar."

footage from a galarian gym battle popped up, giant pokemon and all, "there is a similar issue that they are facing. trained and captured pokemon, can apparently, manifest into larger forms of themselves, but -" the image changed to a somewhat blurry pic of an enraged giant galarian corsola. "this was taken from one of the abbiati eco cameras. galar has a terrible pollution problem and miss shou and i are working on purifying their water... excuse the tangent, but the focus is this: they too are dealing with these mutated pokemon that we have faced. this is a problem we can learn from and hopefully solve with our galarian counterparts... such as how they capture these pokemon; it could be a breakthrough into research into capturing the 'ultra beast'"

her attention turned to , a thin lipped smile on her face. "the specifics of the initiative may be forged here, but the original concept is such, councilman cole." the holodisplay became a diagram that could be found in paper form within the folds each person had been given, it read:

this team will be made up of existing league related persons: trainers, researchers, rangers, coordinators, and even gym leaders. we may go so far up the chain of command except the elite four and the champion.

this team will act as a response and research team whose purpose is to understand, defeat, and capture these 'ultra beast'.

this team will act as a research and recruitment team whose purpose is to understand, monitor, and train these 'avatars'.

this team will act as a first responding team to any of the above, and be given authority over the situation should others arrive.

this team will sign waivers and contracts with the league as to allow contingency plans to be enacted should death occur.

this team will research both 'avatars' and 'ultra beast' so the league can have the most current technological advancements ready to deal with such threats.

"as i have said multiple times, this initiative is not meant to replace any existing body of the league, but rather act as a special ops team. people who we can rely on to handle situations that are beyond the mundane." olivia stated. "once the initiative is given the go ahead, we will compile a list of possible recruits who have proven their loyalty to the league, prowess in battle, and intellect in research. we need people from all branches of the league to come together so we may forge a bright future for hoenn without the shadow of fear from these 'ultra beast' and 'avatars' alike.

there was a silent third 'shadow' that had gone unnoticed or unacknowledged by her fellows: rocket.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 4:46:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] At least three of them stand in opposition of budget cuts. Fernando and Lars had been expected; Orion was by no means a surprise but Fernando know too little about the newly appointed Councilman to pass concrete judgement. "Which is why dividing up what resources we have for another division is unsustainable. We cannot afford the Rangers and this Initiative. That being said, I have no intention of reducing what little the Rangers have."

Fernando takes another drag from his cigarette when Olivia turns to address Lars. Naturally, he's not surprised by what he hears. Again she oversteps and again Fernando takes it on account of showing restraint. Rather than funnel his emotion outwardly like the Head Ranger, he embellishes them into concentrating his talking points into precise rebuttals.

"The council, Abiatti. As obvious as it may seem, it looks like your brain is a few sizes too large for that head of yours. The council is composed of the four of us and you are but a fraction of the group." He snaps his finger and another plume of fairy dust exhumes from his nostrils. "The Elite Four out date you. They were picked by Dahlia, Kim, and myself. Know your place before we lose another valuable ally due to your negligence in acting on our behalf."

He looks to Lars, passive, apathetic to his temper.

"Do not goad Mr. Anderson into an aneurysm well before he's due. He is a guest and his opinion, faulted or not, are appreciated."

Her misinterpretation of her words only cause another frustration to bubble. Fernando reminds himself that despite her academic accomplishments, it means little in the face of the real world. If someone as specialized as can discover the secrets of Mega Evolution but almost meet his demise due to his ill founded disbelief in traffic laws, then what can he expect from someone of the same stature?

"A League authorized and sanctioned group will not be privately funded by someone who does not hold a direct seat in our organization." There is no negotiation, no figment of wavering in his voice. Fernando's demand is absolute and it holds in the firmness of his claim. "If they are privately funded, whether it be stipulations or donations, then they are an outside group. Unless there is an explicit contract where each organization forfeits these fund in a concrete amount to use posthumously, we cannot sustain a group on an unreliable measure of income. Even with an established amount that has been contractually given up for allocation, a measure of this scale will have its days numbered."

There are few with the business acumen of an organization of such size. Being raised from birth to take the seat of Silph Co. proves both invaluable and provides plenty of exposure to the many walks of business. The legality of governmental affairs come with time and having been on the opposite end as a business and contractor has allowed him to slip into the council seat with ease. It is his experience and year long tenure in Hoenn, along with his experience as their Logistics head, that makes this field his expertise.

He makes no comment on the issue with Galar because he knows too little to poke through her evidence. While keeping on top of the news cycle is a part of his daily schedule, there is plenty that goes amiss. Unlike the others influx of Galarians that have invaded a post-rocket Hoenn, Fernando is privy to little that only the top Galarian elite hold secret. However, should they provide information so knowingly, perhaps there is a chance for him too to uncover their ill-hidden unknowns.

There is another gaping hole in her entire premise but Fernando leaves that for the others to address. It's only an issue if someone else notices. Otherwise, they're just as hopeless with an oblivious council as they are with Olivia at the helm.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 6:10:21 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim overlooks the document with a finger, flipping through it lazily before finally closing it on its face.

For a few seconds, he keeps his silence, allowing for Fernando to finish his own input as he tapped at the table, his finger sounding out a rhythmic beat, awaiting for his turn to speak.

Once Fernando fell silent into that observant scowl of his, Kim allowed for a few second of silence to take hold before one final tap of his finger fell into the table.

Are you thinking for the safety of Hoenn or being in control of it?

His finger spins counterclockwise, Olivia’s voice playing on repeat within the space they occupied, replaying excerpts of dialogue she had spoken previously.

you read it already, you know

Why spend the money of others- yours included- on funding a team specifically for fighting these beast instead of using it to research capturing them. On top of that, why don’t we allow for all officers and rangers to be trained in how to fight these beast instead of your select few? We have many rangers and officers that are more than willing to aid in fending off these beast, and they would more than likely go overlooked because you have your eyes set on those you deem as 'worthy'.

He adjust himself slightly, the Teddiursa snoring a bit as Kim set into a more comfortable position.

And why are we keeping an eye on avatars as if they’re pokemon in a zoo? Do you know how people work? Have you actually talked to someone without letting your ego get the better of you? Do you realize how demeaning it would be to be put on a watch list simply because you were chosen by a deity to be its avatar? These people are already on edge considering they have been chosen by these mythical figures, and no doubt there are others that have been chosen and have decided to keep this a secret from us. Why? Because of the exact reason you are proposing.

Beginning to fiddle with the Teddiursa’s paw’s Kim continues to speak, calm and composed.

Then there’s this.

He says pointing to the ceiling, her input towards Laurence blaring overhead, repeating her word for word.

You invited Laurence here, did you not? And considering he is at this table we are using for the discussion at hand and you had not given him any further notice to his reason of being here, he would think that his opinion holds value, would he not? Then it stands to reason that you are in the wrong for failing to impart that knowledge on him beforehand. He is in the right to give his opinion as he has already done, and will continue to do.

Nodding to Laurence, he speaks at the man before returning his gaze to Olivia

There is not a single person seated here that is more important than the other. Our roles may differ, but we stand on the same ground when it comes to what we are here to do: protect Hoenn.” Sitting forward he unbuckles the Teddiursa and sets it into the Gothorita’s lap, the psychic type maintaining the magic room as she cradled the Teddiursa.

Understood? Good.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 20:25:13 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

a scoff filled the silence, a well manicured hand quickly coming over to stifle it. "pardon me, councilmen, but did i hear you correctly?" league officials from gym leaders all the way up to the commissioner herself popped into existence, their pictures staring blankly at the council. "i am but a fraction of the council?" she turned to face the men in the room as she did so, and in a rare display of exhaustion, both physically and emotionally, her thick sinnohan accent came through. the word fraction sound more like faction. cold glacier eyes moved from man to man before falling to dahlia. "over half of the league is made up of men, woman by far in the minority." she barked, all of the women' faces being silhouetted in darkness. "i am the sole woman on the council, and only one of two present in the room. beyond that, as you all have made perfectly clear - despite councilman cole's impassioned speech on how all our voices matter - that mine is one to be dismissed. i represent half of our population with my voice, the female voice, councilmen. you would do well to remember that before you blatantly express your ignorance and arrogance."

"you want all our voices to be equal, councilman cole? then act it, and not just show support for your own words when they're applied to someone who is not even on the council." olivia declared with an icy bite in her tone. her cool fury moved on to fernando. she clicked a button and all the faces faded away until only one remained, a mysterious figure shadowed in darkness. "you say such funding cannot come from the public, and only league individuals; correct?" she continued, "yet, i presented to you three league affiliated companies for such: the crown is owned and operated by myself, lupin co has signed a contract with the crown and the league stating they will fund the AQUA initiative for its entirety, and finally, our very own is a gym leader."

finally, the face in darkness was revealed to be . "then we have miss stone, current CEO of devon co. not at all affiliated with the league on a professional level as her brother once was, true..." olivia pressed the topic, graphs popping up near the woman's face on the holodisplay, "yet, as soon as she returned to hoenn, you, councilman silph, took it upon yourself to renew the contract between the league and devon co to ensure they continue to fund our expenses - as you can see from these info graphs, that measure has been quite successful. so tell me, councilman silph, if the league cannot use 'public funds' from an 'outside organization' or someone who 'does not hold a direct seat' in the league; what would your outreach to devon co be considered? fraud, perhaps? or does this arbitrary rule only apply to those you deem fit."

she had circled the table by this point, standing behind fernando, hands resting on the back of his chair as she looked at cole. "yes, councilman cole, we are all here to protect hoenn." olivia began her slow return back to the head chair, a button being clicked and images from sootopolis and slateport alike coming into existence. they all featured the same thing: destruction. yet, where the two differed, was how. "scenes from the recent incident, a public display of the raw power and strength of these ultra beast and avatars alike. difficult to pinpoint who broke what, I admit that." olivia was nearly back in her seat as she added, "this, however, in sootopolis is clear cut from one person. one avatar."

olivia sat, a button pressed discreetly to bring the sootopolis snapshot into focus: it was a smashed pillar, collapsed and shattered. "my former gym battle area, for those not familiar with silver spire." she explained, "this, however, was not from a pokemon or a battle. it was from someone's loose temper, an avatar's. had always been strong, it was his strength that saved me more than once and led me to choose him as my gym trainer and eventual successor; however, he has a temper."

another button had been pressed, as more smashed parts of the castle came into view, dozens of images stacked on top of each other until a single image of a fist imprinted into the white stone of sootopolis was seen. "this was his last act of rage in silver spire before he fled to gods' knows where. a single man, with the strength of a god, and temper of an adolescent." olivia brought her hands together, clasping them as she took a deep breath, "that, councilman cole, is why avatars should be monitored. now, this 'watch list' as you put it, would not be public. the AQUA iniatitve would be a private discreet team of select personnel who will keep tabs on known avatars as one of their responsibilities, in a noninvasive manner. i am not proposing we lock them up in cages and have them on display like a zoo, as you have so incorrectly manipulated my words, councilman cole; simply monitored."

"further, your recordings of myself seem to be saying something you clearly aren't listening to, councilman cole. it is beyond me why you seem to select specific words to latch onto; perhaps youth doesn't offer all, and your attention span can only keep up with so much. i'll repeat myself this once, you have your recordings to review later if this third reiteration doesn't stick: those selected for the AQUA initiative will be volunteers who either the council approves, or we leave it to the leader of the initiative, whose professional opinion i can only imagine you all respect, as she was my predecessor: former councilwoman . as i had explained earlier councilman cole, but it seems you were too busy recording and trying to put together an argument to pay any attention - or perhaps it is the underlying misogynistic views you and anderson have voiced, and you simply do not care for a woman's word." olivia sighed at the end, a hand brought to her heart.

her ocean eyes washed over each of the men until they returned to the screen, chaos and destruction still on display. "as said many times, i am proposing the initiative, not insinuating that i would lead it; but we need such, especially with rouge avatars running about and these ultra beast manifesting themselves into existence seemingly on a whim, and at random locations - so we can protect hoenn, as that is why we are all here."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 21:50:16 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim can't help but cringe heavily at the constant insinuation of misogyny, as if it held any value with the arguments he had presented.

In the midst of Olivia’s furthered expanding of her claim, Kim looked over to Dahlia and spoke in a whisper.

Why are we still on the gender thing? Are you seeing the same thing she is?

Once Olivia had finished her thoughts, Kim looked back to her, blinking a few times as his attention returned.

Okay, first off, I know that Laurence brought up gender, but you should know, just as well as everyone, how moot of a point that was. I still stand by everyone saying what they want, but you- as an individual- should be able to differentiate between what is and what is not valid to the topic at hand.

I don’t disagree with you because I see you as someone of lesser gender, I disagree because what you are proposing is something I cannot agree to with a clear conscious.

His hand waves the air slightly as if to brush away the topic and move onto other matters.

Yes, I agree that I’ve misheard one of two things, but-” A tune sounds from his pocket, his phone vibrating and deftly interrupting his sentence. “Hold up.

He answers, leaning back in his chair as he spoke. “Hey Nawwy, whats up? ….Nothin’ really, just talkin with my friends about some stuff… Orange Island food? That sounds tasty, take out or…? ...Okay, sounds good. See you later, love you, mwah.

Once the calls ends, he sets the phone back from whence it came, continuing his thoughts without missing a beat.

-I stand by my previous arguments. Keeping tabs on people is not the correct way of going about maintaining peace. Instead, I’ll volunteer myself, alongside Fernando, to keep an eye on any confirmed avatars. I have a personal relationship with a few of the known avatars, Fernando as well, and considering our positions I would deem it appropriate for the two of us to take on this role. Olivia- with your history with Balder in mind- I feel as if trusting you to be in the same position would be more of a hindrance than anything- no offence.

Kim leans forward and grabs the Gothorita’s cappuccino as she offered it over, sipping from it and returning it to the psychic type.

Let’s continue talking over this proposition, and as a group we can come to an agreement between all of us. ‘kay?

Maybe they could stop shit-talking one another while they were at it, even if that was a pipe dream.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 6:18:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Indeed. A fraction of a whole. That's how numbers work, Abiatti." Fernando stands by his statement and his expression shows his apparent confusion on Olivia's question. It isn't until she digs deeper into her argument that Fernando's face turns from one of skepticism into absolute horror.

In a rare instance of stupefaction he looks to Kim for support, raising his hand to pantomime counting each finger.

One. He looks to Kim.

Two. He turns to Orion.

Three. He dares return his attention to Olivia and his face turns a deep seated red when his last finger points back at himself.

"You are one of four council members. Your word is one out of four voices. That's twenty five percent — a fraction?!"

No, he's not wrong. Inconceivable. Just the sheer audacity of her claim catches him off guard and his cigarette falls from between his agape mouth, landing on the desk and singeing it with fresh ashes. Once his reasoning stabilizing, Fernando feels a new flush of annoyance and unadulterated rage fill in the void. How can someone be this stupid?

No.

How can someone this stupid be apart of Hoenn's ruling class?

The frustration of having to deal with what he considers to be nothing short of incompetence spills over the edge of his restraint and it sours his mood into spoiling. A lack of sleep means he's too weak to restrain himself.

"That's just math you fucking clown."

He keeps his voice down but tilts his head quick enough to hear his neck crack.

"All of our voices matter which is why it's so frustrating that we don't get a say in half of the shit you stir until it's already too late."

The conversation turns back to Kim which means Fernando doesn't get another chance to bark. The momentary gap allows him to collect himself both mentally and physically. Wiping away the ash clears the table but the burn mark is already hard pressed. Just in time for Olivia to finally make some kind of sense. Her next rebuttal is layered on a much stronger foundation and it keeps what's left of Fernando's sanity.

"If you own the right to the Crown and have uncontested say over their financials then that can be arranged. Until you own Lupin Co. in the same regards, they are considered an external liability. Thomas Benoit is a complicated matter considering his history but he's only a prospect at this moment."

Lo and behold, her big reveal is the most unreliable money handler in Hoenn. is a blight on the Devon name and Fernando has no fear. However, when Olivia accuses him of the very opposite of what he's done he cocks his head in a similar fashion to his previous tongue lashing.

"While I have nothing against Daphne as a person, she is as good at business as you are at math, Abiatti. Even Alexander, who had put his focus into living up to the title of Champion, which he had requested from us, proved more capable in that regard."

Fernando crosses his arms and leans back, closing his eyes.

"Legally and financially, the League has cut direct ties with Devon Corp. I can send you an invoice and legal statements that I personally delivered to Stone as well as several audits the League conducted prior to returning all Devon assets back to them."

He pauses, remembering the scenario, before giving Olivia the benefit of the doubt.

"But I can understand you confusion. Stone had been very adamant about maintaining ties with the League despite common business practice which may have caused some miscommunication on your end. I assume that's where you've garnered the basis for your inaccurate information."

Olivia comes in close and Fernando does little to stop her from feeling up his chair. He presumes the proximity allows her to feel closer to them, like friends, despite the continuous debate between them.

"Any donations under the premise of funding this initiative, or any other initiative, needs to be contractually structured in the League's favor. Which means it need to be approved by the League's head of logistics management, which is myself, along with another member with sufficient credentials."

The topic changes again and Fernando sneers. He makes no comment about Balder's supposed temper and instead makes his own judgement. Naturally, his own opinion proves unfavorable considering the avatar's impression in Slateport but their confrontation afterwards is a stark reminder to who Balder truly fears.

Olivia Abiatti.

"Balder may not be very bright but knowing this and his terrible temper—"

Fernando never gets to complete his interjection. Kim's phone rings and the room goes still. While others may have expected him to silence it and continue their heated discussion Fernando knows better. Only Kim would be insolent enough to answer the call and chatter about nothing important. By now, Fernando's used to it and finds himself unfazed. It grants the room a window to breath and he rubs the throbbing vein in his temple.

@bean4's timing couldn't be better.

Once Kim hangs up Fernando can feel his mouth water in preparation to start speaking again. Much to his chagrin, Kim adopts a stance of acceptance toward moving forward with the initiative and Fernando can feel his shoulders slouch.

"In order for us to come into an agreement I think there's a more pressing issue that needs to be addressed."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 15:31:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

All this while he was quietly steaming. Much as he wanted to snap back, he would rather keep quiet—besides, Councilman Cole had brought up several excellent points—if but temporarily interrupted by a social call he had to take.

Resisting the urge to snicker, he kept his face as deadpan as it had been earlier, his fingers drumming a quiet rhythm on the table in front of him. God, he wanted to get out of here and fly to Rustboro and knock back more than a couple of Brambles once this meeting was over.

And probably vent…

For now, though, his eyebrow kept twitching.

As Councilman Silph brought up and reiterated the same points that Councilman Cole had made, he waits for the other to continue… only for him to notice that a look of exasperation briefly flashed across Silph’s face.

Lars really wanted to bring up the white elephant obviously stampeding around in the room, but how much of it would draw fire back to him? Was he going to risk it?

“Do tell,” were the only words he spared, latching onto the end of Silph’s statement and waiting for him to speak up once more.

For now, he would watch… and wait.

And keep an eye on the white-haired woman. Who knew what inane insanity would slip from her lips next. Whatever it was she was planning, he wanted nothing of it.

Biding his time, pretty much.