time to pretend [sd]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
time to pretend [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 1:36:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
DAYBREAK
Good on the inside isn't enough! Bring it outside every day, too!
POKÉMON

NOTES

speed friends lesgo

THEME

Time to Pretend — MGMT
"Emooool."

Choosing to remain on Sigmund's shoulder as the blonde sat, the Emolga awed at the great number of people and pokémon filling the contest hall. Not just that, but all the shiny decorations, too! He could feel the love and the fun in the air, and it made the flying squirrel smile with delight. Which, in turn, put Sigmund in good humor as well. Though it was rare to see him otherwise, honestly.

He'd been seated at the table first; his number had been called and assigned. And, now that they'd assigned the second list of numbers, there was a great scramble as everyone looked to find their tables and the partners they'd been paired with for the first few minutes. Looking around, Sigmund still couldn't see Sarah anywhere. But he wasn't worried. The people running this thing were sure to pair him with possible candidates for new friends until she came! So he was pretty excited for that, too.

A waitress brought over a bowl of complimentary poffins that Ratatoskr, his Emolga, was quick to hop off his shoulder for when she'd set them down on the ground beside the table. Sigmund thanked her before she left, then reached toward the bowl of Hershey kisses at the center of the table to unwrap a treat for himself.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
time to pretend [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 9:40:18 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Tagging: @sigmund
Annie was only there for the free food. But, she’d reasoned with herself, there was no harm in trying to find new friends and rivals while her and her Pokemon helped themselves. They had to at least try to blend in between bites, especially since she was struggling to see anybody her age in the hall. If anybody asked her if she’d lost her parents again, she’d sic Trixie on them.

The little devil arrived at the table before her trainer did. Or rather, dived headfirst into the pile of poffins, Emolga be damned. Judging by Annie’s lack of reaction, that was business as usual for it. And judging by the presence the girl (seemingly thought she) held, and the authority she injected into her tone and eyes, her opening lines weren’t as uncommon as they should have suggested.

“Trainer! State your name, age, purpose for being here, favourite type of weather for fighting in, and your argument for who would win a fight between a Drampa and a Galarian Darmanitan, because I think mine are about to go to war, and I need to know which one of them to hold back.”

She plopped herself onto her seat as she spoke, clasped her hands together and stared down her target.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
time to pretend [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 0:21:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
DAYBREAK
POKÉMON

NOTES

too fast for brain

THEME

Time to Pretend — MGMT
Shock. Awe. Envy. Indignation.

These were only some of the emotions that fluctuated across the Emolga's face when the Whimsicott had dived into the bowl poffins without warning. As a young female sat herself across from Sigmund, Ratatoskr would vie for more treats himself as he shoved himself in there. Little harmless sparks bounced off from his cheeks as he did so.

Sigmund, in the meantime, sat up straight to attention when the girl came in hot. Blinking, he did his best to process her sudden demands and simultaneously comprehend what was going on. Based on his speech, however, it was clear he, too, was startled. "U-UH... S-Sigmund! Sauer, Sigmund! Seventeen! I came here to cash in on a free dinner with my girlfriend and, uh— and meet new friends, yeah!" His set his hands on his knees and focused as he tried to remember the last two questions, furrowing his brow. But alas...

"Uh... what were the other questions? Haha."

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
time to pretend [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 8:15:10 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
If Trixie hadn’t been living out her dreams, she might have been bothered by the rodent trying to muscle in on the food. Fortunately, she only had two goals in mind: eating the poffins, and lifting her head out of the pile to take enormous gasps of breath, so she could continue eating the poffins. There was no telling when she’d get another chance to feast, and her ravenous appetite, it’d been too long since she’d last filled herself up.

“Back up a second. You’ve got a girlfriend, and you both came out to a dating night?” An eyebrow inched higher and higher with every other word. “You guys… know that these are meant for, right? Actually, forget it. I’m not one to talk.” Her fingers danced over the bowl of sweets, taking one between two fingers.

“You’re off to a bad start for questions, Siggy, but I’ll allow it. Next one’s important. What kind of person do you think the next champion of Hoenn should be? You know, besides fierce, female and funny.”
A toffee popped into her mouth offered him a brief reprieve, if only because she was too busy chewing to fire more questions.
wizz

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
time to pretend [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 6:00:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
DAYBREAK
POKÉMON

NOTES

my turn!

THEME

Time to Pretend — MGMT
"H-Hey, the brochure said things could stay platonic here, okay!" Sigmund quickly reminded her, a small blush tinging his cheeks when she suggested that he and Sarah were, like... consciously 'swingers' or something. Okay, well, she didn't actually suggest that. But that's where he imagined she was going next. "Plus free food, c'mon." He added with a grumble as he looked away.

Nevertheless, she felt the need to grade him and continue with the questions. At this point, however, Sigmund was far too energized and amused to just take it. "No way, Jose!" He began with a smile, wagging a finger at her from across the table. Grabbing a piece of chocolate from the bowl, he eagerly began to unwrap it as he continued. "It's my turn to ask questions now! Like, for starters, what's your name? Are you here to date people? Why do noses run and feet smell?"

He plopped the chocolate in his mouth and chewed. "Okay, that last one is kinda dumb, so you don't havta answer it haha."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
time to pretend [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 7:50:56 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
He’d failed to convince her, judging by the brow that refused to lower, but she’d also decided that a near-stranger’s relationship status wasn’t worth digging into. Instead, as he wizened up and turned the tables, she clawed her hand and retrieved Trixie. And the poffin she was scarfing down. A twinge of guilt flashed on her face as she eyed her, and a few seconds later, the Whimsicott was free to hurry back to the meal. Which she did.

The demand for an introduction drove her away from troublesome thoughts. She fixed her eyes on him again, took a deep breath, and- “That was what you would’ve led into if you’d answered! You’re getting marked down for that, too, but I’ll get you in the know anyway. Name’s Annie Mei. Trainer extraordinaire, and future champion of Hoenn! I’m not here to date, I’m here to eat, let my Pokemon eat, and maaaybe make some new friends.” Muffled cheers of agreement barely left Trixie’s mouth before she continued.

“Those are the kind of questions you get when you don’t spend enough time outside. Your feet smell when you spend too long in the same socks without a shower, and your nose runs because you’re stuck outside in a freak snowstorm.” The bitter edge to her voice told that those weren’t just random examples. “I bet you get to stay in hotels and stuff when it’s cold outside.”
wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
time to pretend [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 8:58:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
DAYBREAK
POKÉMON

NOTES

nice talkin' ~

THEME

Time to Pretend — MGMT
"Annie Mei? Like... ani-me? Dude, that's so cool haha." Sigmund remarked before crumpling the chocolate wrapper in his hands and setting it on the table. Crossing his arms over its edge, he leaned forward with interest when she continued answering his questions. So she wanted to be the future champion, huh? Ha! She'd have to beat him to it first! But alas, he was currently more concerned that she didn't seem to have gotten his joke.

"Wait, wait, wait, noooo. I know what those things are, of course. Duh! I was just saying, like... why did the English language decide to call them those things... you know?" Her bit about the hotel room caught him off guard though. "Uh... yeah. So? Toskr and I kick butt in pokémon battles to make the kind of money we need for that." He proudly added, looking down at his Emolga as it struggled to keep all the poffins in its inflated cheeks. "Right, Toskr?!" He grinned.

Saliva drenched the poffins in its mouth as it looked up, poorly swinging its little fists to show it supported Sigmund but more focused on attempting to scarf down the food. Unfortunately, the tell-tale jingle of a new round suddenly sounded out across the contest hall. It was time to get swept away to another table! "Well, anime, it's been fun." He sincerely said, slapping a hand on the table before reaching out to offer it for a fist bump. "Maybe I'll catch you in a battle sometime, huh? Get ready for it!" After getting up from his seat, he bent down to pick up his Emolga, nearly causing it to barf out all the poffins in its mouth. Thankfully, it kept them inside with its hands.

"Adios!" He waved.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
time to pretend [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 23:14:15 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Annie stopped. Her smile died a slow death, giving way to pure horror. For a full five seconds, she gave Sigmund, Emolga and Trixie the same wide-eyed stare. Her words were but a whisper. “You’re kidding, right?” Her arms shot up to either side of her head as she yelled: “Are you kidding me?! How did I never figure that out!?” Trixie waved her arms up as high as they could go, shouting with her trainer. There was a good chance that she was doing it for the sake of joining in, rather than out of shared panic.

“My parents pranked me for fif! Teen! Years!” Her hands dragged themselves down the sides of her face, pulling her head towards the table as they went. She had the decency to keep eye contact as he continued, but her eyes were clouded by the shock of his bombshell. “Y-Yeah… Language jokes are a real pain, aren’t they? Especially when your name is one.”

Her head dropped further, gently meeting the table. She was loud enough to be heard, largely because she was too loud for her own good normally. “It’s okay. Go. Fight. Kick Butt. Make jokes. Hotel. I’ll just hang here. I’ve got… a lot to think about.” One of Trixie’s stubs rested atop Annie’s head, while the other waved farewell to their new friends. At least one of them looked overjoyed to have met them.

[attr="class","tag"]@sigmund

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]