slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
pup
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 18:44:07 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Having read over dozens of individual interviews pertaining to the tragedy of Slateport’s night market, Kim couldn’t help but feel a sense of hopelessness following the situation’s climax. While of course he gives the proper respect to those who aided in protecting what had remained of the night market, there was a sting in his chest that ached him.

He wasn’t there, he wasn’t on the front lines helping when everything went down. If he was, could he have made any difference? Would there be less tragedy than there was? Would the horrors that befell the night market at the very least be more contained than it had been?

Questioned stirred in his head, Kim contemplatively rubbing the bridge of his nose, sitting at his desk in silence.

It wasn’t until he received a notification of a certain someone’s arrival that he returned to earth, switching the screen of his computer to its wallpaper.

Send her in.” He responded, straightening out his clothes as well as his desk, a soft smile settling onto his lips as his visitor walked in.

Hello there, Ruby! Hope you didn’t have any trouble finding me.” While the offices were neatly organized, finding one's way around the Slateport HQ could prove confusing to those unfamiliar with its layout.

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
pup
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 1:48:06 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

Ruby honestly didn't know what she was doing here. And yet, how could she refuse the request to meet. It wasn't until after the Aurorus Ball some time ago that she truly realized what being a councilman really meant. Considering she had danced with Kim there, it only seemed to make sense that she researched just enough to realize how important he was. To receive an invitation to talk with him, on what she could only assume to be a professional level, it intimidated her a little bit.

Every second she stayed in Slateport just felt foreign to her. Everyone recognized her, especially after her commendation from the League, which was still wild to even think about. Even the receptionist in the office seemed to recognize her, even if they didn't say so outright. Just the look of recognition in people's eyes was enough to make her feel strange. Still, with Darling standing by her side and holding her hand it was a lot easier to handle.

When they finally found the office and walked inside, Ruby almost certainly tried to pretend they hadn't gotten lost for almost five minutes straight just looking at all the doors. "O-oh, uh, not at all! Good to see you again." She spoke softly, betraying her nerves despite trying her best to remain confident. Walking into the room and closing the door behind her, Ruby climbed into a nearby chair by his desk with Darling the Indeedee standing by her side.

"May I er, ask what you wanted to talk about Mr. Cole?"

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
pup
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 18:49:11 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Call me Kim.” He mentions offhandedly, then proceeds to ask a question himself.

Ever been to Chuck E. Cheese’s?

His eyes began to wander as he leaned back into his chair, looking around the office and slowly spinning, idly.

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
pup
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 0:19:20 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby blinked in surprise, and then blinked again. She honestly had no idea what he was talking about. He made it sound like a place, but Ruby's confusion was plainly evident. "Uh... I'm not sure. I don't think so. I grew up living in the woods with my family, so a lot of big city stuff still confuse me." Still confused, Ruby simply reached over to hold Darling's side as she stood dutifully by her side. Even the Indeedee looked confused, staring up at Kim with a curious expression herself.

"Is, er, this what you wanted to talk about? Because I'm afraid I don't know what that is."

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
pup
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 3:54:46 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
The sound of children playing, glee in the air as someone hits the child gamling jackpot… oh, and how could I forget Charles: that anthropomorphic rattata and his ragtag crew of buccaneers at his side, singing their shanties into the night to the delight of many of child.

Kim sighs and completes his turn, petting a skitty that lay in his lap- the pokemon previously unseen before he had made a full spin.

I always wanted to go there but my old man never took me. Then by the time I was able to go on my own, I was too old.

The memories of his 17 year old self being denied entry to the establishment pains him greatly, a tear nearly brought to his eyes as he reminisced.

Aw well, what's in the past is in the past, and he refuses to dwell on it any longer.

Sorry to unload that on you. You said you lived out in the woods growing up, right? What’s that all about? Did your parents just want to live in the wild or what?

He leans forward, a soft smile settling on his lips as he rested his hands in interlocked fingers.

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
pup
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 21:01:27 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby didn't, and probably physically couldn't understand what he was talking about. Gambling with children? An anthropomorphic Ratata? Something about pirates? She was so lost, her confusion was plainly visible as she stared blankly at him.

However, as he apologized Ruby quickly shook her head. If he was just getting something off his chest she completely understood. Sometimes it was just better to talk to someone who didn't have a clue what you saying than keep it all to yourself. Regardless, she still didn't understand a single second of it.

"Well, not quite. My parents were explorers! They went all around many regions, seeing and discovering many things and grew to love nature! So when they settled down eventually, they had a cabin built about 15 minutes away from Ballonlea." She paused suddenly, reminding herself that not everyone in Hoenn knew the name of all the major cities back in Galar.

"Uh, that is to say, a city within a massive forest, trees so tall that the sun can't reach the ground! So they use these like, glowing mushrooms to keep the town lit. It's really pretty." She explained with a rather wide smile on her face, enjoying talking about home.

And yet, Ruby still didn't quite understand why she was here.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
pup
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 15:11:24 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
A warm smile sets onto his lips as she speaks of her home, keeping his silence in the moments she held the stage. When she had finally left that metaphorical spotlight- a stopping point reached in her explanation- he spoke, leaning back into his chair a little more.

I stayed in Ballonlea during my most recent vacation to Galar. It was a really beautiful place and I’m happy to have spent my time within the comforts of the city.

His hand stroked the Skitty as he continued.

I think my favorite part of staying there was the forest. A absolutely adored the Impidimps… even though they startled me on more than one occasion.” He chuckles, a bit embarrassed to admit.

After a second of regaining his composure he looked to her with a calm smile.

You seem to have settled in a bit, so, are you ready to get down to business?

There was no rush to impart information on her, Kim much rather having her in a processing mindset rather than one of stress and unease.

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
pup
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 8:15:28 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Seeing that he actually knew what Ballonlea was alone brought a smile to her face. She was so used to people having no clue about anything from the Galar region that seeing someone who not only understood but had gone there, was rather satisfying. After all, how else could he have known about all the Impidimps that harassed the locals? It wasn't easy to just make that stuff up.

However, Ruby seemed to pause as he continued to speak. Get down to business? She had been wondering what was going on, and why she was requested to make her presence, but it seemed perhaps it was more of a business arrangement than something for pleasure. Ruby's eyebrows narrowed in thought as she wondered what just might be going on, glancing down at Darling who looked up at her with an equally curious expression before the two of them returned their attention to Kim.

"... I'm ready. Although, I think I would like to know what's going on first before I agree to do anything." She tilted her head a little bit as she continued. "That said, what could you possibly want with me?"

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
pup
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2020 16:31:08 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
To put it simply, I want a protege~” He says simply and in a sweet tone, his face contorting into a cheerful smile.

Well more like, I would like someone who can properly carry my ideals further. I do not expect you to fill my seat, it’s comfortable sat in afterall, I would simply like another to be on the same wavelength as I. Someone to take under my metaphorical wing.

His smile persist as he explains, his hands idly entertained Skitty as it nipped as his fingers playfully.

Of course this is only an offer, and you are free to deny it if you feel so inclined. The last thing I would want is for you to feel as if you are being forced into this position.

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
pup
POSTED ON May 8, 2020 22:15:45 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

A protege. Ruby didn't know how to feel about that, nor the cheerful smile he put on. There was clearly more than met the eye, even she could see that. And yet, her curiosity only grew. Did he see someone in her who could carry his ideals further, or did he already see someone who stood to her own similar ideals? The most important matter was what his ideals truly were.

That said, he was a councilman. One doesn't just become a member of the council by having horrible morals or acting horribly, or at least she didn't assume so. The sheer offer alone sounded like a huge offer, to be taken under the metaphorical wing of someone incredibly important to Hoenn. Once again, Ruby's own internal confusion and debate was likely etched onto her expression as she sat there and thought for a few moments.

Eventually, she managed to look back up at him as she spoke. "I... I don't know much about all this. I never imagined I'd be getting involved with important people, or helping so many people. But it's... just what happened. And, I don't know. I feel like I would be a bit of a fool if I didn't take you seriously."

Darling squeezed Ruby's hand as the girl spoke, clearly being quite motherly to her. "I might be just a little kid, but... I can still do things. Everyone knows what I did in Slateport, and..." She shook her head, not wanting to dwell on it. "Point is, I just want to help people in a way that only I can. So, um, If being your protege and your ideals align with that, then I'm perfectly willing."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
pup
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 5:18:39 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Great~

He said in a sweet and fluttery tone, his hands clasping together as he leaned forward, the Skitty once nestled in his lap rising to attention only to hop onto the desk, curling into a ball and resting before the two.

The two of us are gonna have so much fun together! I’m gonna teach you where all the best places to eat are, show you how to properly take care of your skin and hair, OH, can’t forget about having you meet all the gym leaders and schmoozing them over.

He leans in slightly, lowering his voice as to be secretive in the already privatized room.

Don’t tell anyone, but and me are tight, she has the best “green” you can get your hands on. We meet up every so often and toke up together.

Leaning back. he mouths, ‘ keep that between us ‘, a hand signalling back and forth between the two of them before he fully leaned back, his arms stretching up excitedly for a cheer-stretch.

Awww, you just hit the cool uncle jackpot, Rue. Are you excited?

He smiles brightly, expectant of her answer.

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
pup
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 17:19:38 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

This was almost certainly not what she had been expecting. Fun? Restaurants? Makeovers? A teasing statement of him and Cait smoking some "green?" Cool Uncle? She was half expecting some sort of more... official business of, any kind really. The only thing that seemed to make sense was that he wanted a chance to get to know her, in a more casual setting. Or at least, it was what she chose to believe anyway.

"I uh, don't know if I need help on the gym leader front!" Ruby replied, grinning a little bit at his bright smile. His honest joy was rather infectious, that she had to admit. "In fact, is a good friend of mine! He once rescued me from a sandbar, and the rest is history. I even have his badge!"

She'd be quick to produce her badge case, showing off her badges. "Challenging the gym leaders wasn't my primary focus in exploring Hoenn, but I'm feeling pretty confident about it! I have Cait's badge too, you know!" Ruby grinned ear to ear, excited to have a brief moment to show off her proper skills a bit.

"That said... I am excited! Not entirely sure what we're doing, but I don't think I've had a single idea what I'm doing the entire time I've been in Hoenn, so not much has changed there." She giggled softly, Darling gently squeezing Ruby's hand as the young trainer stood to her feet. "Well, what's first on the list of things to do?

Notes: I have no idea how many badges she had at the start of this thread... but she has 4 now!

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
pup
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 13:18:10 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
“Impressive” he thinks with a nod, the collection of badges earning her a bit more respect in his thoughts. As he sat back into his seat, attention still on her as she continued speaking of her excitement, he gave a tap to the chair’s armrest, a nonchalant smile settling on his lips.

Honestly, I only know like 3 gym leaders personally. They kinda come and go so I never really decided to hold any official meet ups with the ones that I didn’t already know. Maybe you can do me a solid and schmooze the other leaders over and set me up with them?” He gestures as a first mission of sorts.

But if you’d rather do something more fun and less official I can show you all the best places to slack off in Hoenn.

He chuckles, continuing soon after the few second pause, “It’ll be a good experience to show you what you’ll be dealing with when it comes to me.

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
pup
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 3:00:45 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby simply nodded her head as she listened to him speak. It made sense. It seemed like many of the gym leaders were constantly switching out for different ones, as if the League couldn't make up their minds. Or at the very least, the Gym Leaders couldn't stick around for one reason or another. The fact that some had managed to stay for such a long time spoke leagues about their character. Ruby simply smiled, chuckling a small bit.

"I don't exactly know how many you do know. Because the only Gym Leaders that I have badges from, that are still leading their gyms, are , , and . You know Cait, but I can definitely introduce you to Alexei if you haven't already! He's super sweet! But, uh, honestly?" She slowly sat back in her chair a bit as she spoke again. "Fernando didn't even show up to my gym battle with him. I fought the computer. But I doubt that you need introducing to him anyways."

Her eyes slowly scanned Kim up and down as he questioned her about doing something less official. The best places to slack off? That certainly said quite a lot about him, but it did sound appealing. Lately was stressful, why not take a little bit to just relax? A soft smile slowly began to spread across her face as she spoke once more.

"Slacking off sounds just fine by me. Just lead the way! I'm not exactly busy, or anything."

Notes:

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
pup
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 16:06:23 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
"Perfect!" He exclaims, shooting up from his seat and pushing the rolling chair backwards.

"The first thing I'm going to officially teach you is that work comes after relaxation. Always."

Hands meet as they swiftly clap together, a Kirlia appearing near the desk - her eyes locked with Kim's. For a few seconds he's silent, stood staring at the Kirlia in the short span of time before his attention returned to Ruby.

"Ah, sorry, this is Anadyne-" His hands motion over to the pokemon, the Kirlia giving a tilt of her head in a 'sup, motion before returning her gaze to Kim. "-she's the link between me and my super secret hideouts, as in she teleports me- well, I guess us now- to them in a heartbeat."

"I'm not sure if you're used to teleporting from one place to another yet but it can be a little nauseating if your body isn't ready. Brace yourself."

He says nodding to the Skitty sat on the desk.

"You're in charge." The cat pokemon in turn nodding its head in affirmation, Kim's own returning to Ruby.

"Alright, ready? Good, let's go!"

And just like that, Kim and Ruby, along with her belonging's were gone. Zapped from existence in a second before being placed elsewhere.

The Skitty, now alone, simply yawns and curls herself up once more into a ball, sleeping peacefully.