played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
Death does not save you from the cruelty of man.
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
Sunset Tea Time: Featuring Selfies [M]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 0:47:53 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

It was a bit strange, to wake up one morning and realize that you were going to directly invited by the boss to meet with him. It didn't seem like it was on any negative footing, but the thought was certainly a bit unsettling on some level. She wasn't frightened, but there was certainly a bit of uneasy anxiety that came with it. Although, perhaps that was standard with any job or profession. Meeting with your boss the first time was bound to be a bit of an interesting encounter.

Some part of her imagined they would be meeting some hidden office building, or perhaps some shady warehouse. Instead, the location was a lovely picturesque cafe in the middle of town. Not that she would object, of course, it was just the place she would have likely gone on her own. Intrigued further and further about the personality of this individual, Celeste made sure to arrive looking at her best. First impressions were imperative if she was to actually make it anywhere in this line of work and the hope was that her suit would show how serious she was, but not a stick in the mud either.

Finding the cafe was easy enough, and easier still finding the man sitting at a table outside already with a drink. Clearing her mind, and thankful for the sun about to set in the background, Celeste approached the table and slowly slid down into a chair of her own, setting her purse on her lap. "Greetings," She spoke calmly, encouraging a smile to spread across her face ever so slightly. "I trust, you are the man I have been looking for?"

Notes: Mission

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #b536da; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 0:58:53 GMT
cadis von klaussner Avatar

[attr="class","markI"]
[attr="class","markpokesI"]

a swig of his caramel frappuccino had been taken. with a jovial breath of air escaping his maw, cadis's jovial manner, usually worn under his persona as dawn, showed before the female. "welcome!" he greeted. she would ask her question to which he would respond, "yes and no!" she was right and wrong. "i'm not exactly who you're lookin' for, but at the same time i am. you can't exactly meet him just yet." a foxy grin had been worn as he'd lean back in his chair.

"i'm here to evaluate you. i want to understand the 'who' rather then the 'why'. for instance, i want your full name my little wisteria flower." cadis would lean in with curiosity. eyes laser focused on the woman who stood before him. "your personality, the way you introduced yourself, it was quite callous." a simple obversation, he'd add, "i wanna know who made you this way..."

notes: i posted, pog.

[attr="class","marktagI"]

[newclass=.markI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.markI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.marktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.marktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.markpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.markpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 1:29:47 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

This wasn't what she had expected at all, but perhaps that was for the best. Meeting a proxy sounded rather smart of the boss of an underground organization. As he grinned at her, Celeste simply slowly leaned back in her own chair. Without a drink of her own, she waved down a waitress to order a simple cup of hot tea. After all, if they were at a cafe, she wasn't going to pass up the chance to have something to drink. Only after the waitress left did Celeste feel comfortable talking once more. Turning to look at the man she was a proxy, she spoke softly.

"My name is Celeste Abbiati." She spoke calmly, eyeing the man back in return. He had that jovial manner to him, but the way those eyes focused on her so intently seemed to betray the intelligence behind them. Perhaps anyone else she might be offended if they referred to her as callous to her face, but it seemed he was simply stating what he saw, and she was certainly in no position to question him.

Humming softly to herself, she folded her hands across the table as she spoke. "If you desire the truth, then you shall have it. I am not a physically adept individual. Needless to say, my sickly youth, extreme sensitivity to sunlight, and the loss of my parents resulted in a harsh situation to survive in Slateport. I have other family, this is true, but the only individual who cares is my twin. Despite, of course, my family name being influential elsewhere, here in Slateport it means nothing." She was, of course, referring to Olivia Abbiati the councilwoman, but Celeste quickly continued on.

"I've survived by doing what I must. Be it learning certain skills, or taking advantage of those foolish enough to believe my 'fortunes,' it is how I have allowed myself to thrive in poverty." She quieted down, leaning a bit closer as she eyed the man sitting before her. "The truth is simple, I desire to be respected. I have ever felt powerless, and I intend to change that. And I expect our... business arrangements, will satisfy. Might I, however, inquire as to the name as the man I am speaking with?"

Notes:

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #b536da; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 1:53:19 GMT

[attr="class","markI"]

interesting, a member of the abbiati. her story was quite an interesting one. it was then that, after capturing the boss's attention, she insisted on learning his name. "you know," he started, "it takes more than having a tragic backstory to be considered a member of rocket." sitting in his chair, hands folded over the other within his lap, he'd wear a soft smile, "as someone of the abbiati, what i don't understand, is how this led you to rocket?" councilwoman came to mind.

"are you not related to the abbiati woman upon the council? you say your parents died, but you are not without family like most in rocket." she was no different then any other grunt. "there must be a reason for what led you to us. the person who recruited you must have saw something in you, and i'm going to assume it's because of your name." standing from his chair, he'd lean in, "what if i asked you to abandon that name?"

[newclass=.markI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.markI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.marktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.marktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.markpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.markpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 2:21:18 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

There was no name given in the response, which she expected. Of course, just having a dramatic and tragic past didn't automatically make you viable for Team Rocket. You had to have the skills to back yourself up, otherwise, you were just another sorry sod who let the world walk right over you. Celeste was certainly done being walked upon. As he spoke, she simply nodded her head at his questions. She was indeed related to Olivia, if only barely by blood. "Allow me to preface, the Slateport Abbiati's differ vastly from others you might meet. Reduced to petty charlatans and dishonorable tricksters. I desire to be far more than simply some petty showman for petty coin. The faith so famous in the family has been all but lost to the majority of them, they care not for the gift of life the ocean brings."

As the man stood, she simply tilted her head upwards to look at him. Asked to abandon the name? It was certainly a concept, one she couldn't help but simply chuckle ever so quietly. "They have done nothing for me or my brother. The name itself is a sham, a farce. There is no family bonding here, only misery and contempt for each other. My name means nothing to me already, I could care less what I am called." However, the name itself could certainly prove useful in manipulating a certain councilwoman, should the need or intent ever become reasonable.

She paused as the waitress returned with just a simple cup of tea. With a polite nod, she dismissed the woman before returning her eyes back to the man sitting before her. "As for my recruitment, I trust you'll find that I am more than just a name and a pretty face. After all, nobody expects the frail, weak and oh so defenseless girl to stab them in the back and their body dumped into the sea to be forever lost to Kyogre's great abyss."

And with that, she took a sip of her tea.

Notes: N/A

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 2:45:31 GMT

[attr="class","markI"]

an index finger would come to meet the back of her head the moment she attempted to take a sip, "is that so?" said the hidden assailant. their voice, familiar, but lacking a specific tone to it. this tone of theirs was empty, almost devoid of any life. the person before her was a spitting image of the person standing behind her, as he walked by he'd casually pet the head of his 'twin'.

the illusion broke.

the duplicity of a zoroark would come to be revealed. since celeste's arrival she'd been speaking with a guise. a foxy grin was thrown celeste's way from the zoroark, snickering with glee. "i have to apologize for the deceit." cadis started off, "i'd no intention of using witch," his zoroark, "for something as trivial as this. it seems she has a mind of her own and can be a bit overprotective." cadis had been casually dressed within a suit, whereas his zoroark had him dressed within something more casual.

"though i must admit to think we'd have the chance to meet an abbiati. zoroark surely did ask the right questions." patting her head as she would remove herself from the chair, cadis would come to take over. "you're right to say that nobody would suspect a 'frail', 'weak', and 'defenseless' girl. an interesting mindset to have, but you should be careful." cadis chuckled, extending his hand out to her, he'd say, "my name is dawn grandier, at least in public."

close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 3:06:12 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

The truth was finally revealed. An illusion, quite charming in its own way. The touch to her neck certainly startled her, but she adjusted rather quickly afterward and just continued to sip her tea before placing the mug back down. She was expecting a proxy, someone speaking on behalf of the boss, but a Pokemon was infinitely better. Given her relations to someone so powerful in the league, some precautions until her intent were made clear only made sense. She simply chuckled softly in return to the Zoroark, nodding at the actual man now before her as he sat down. A suit himself. Good thing she decided formalwear was in for this meeting.

"No apologies required. I can simply imagine in our line of work, precautions are necessary." She waved a hand dismissively, putting the point aside for now. "A pleasure to finally meet you, Mr. Grandier. I assure you I am plenty capable. I am not shy about admitting my physical limitations, to brag that I am capable of more than I am would be folly. They infuriate me, yes, but this is not the conversation for self-bemoaning. My talents lie in things of a more subtle nature, as I imagine work best for a particular type of work within the organization."

"If I have learned anything in life, it is that reckless bravado gets men killed. Patience, however, is my strong suit." She leaned forward a little bit, folding her hands as she spoke. Her eyes slowly scanning over the man before her, attempting to read his facial expressions as best as she possibly could. "Perhaps I should ask, what precisely do you look for when... hiring, hmm? Do you seek strong trainers? Perhaps loyalty? Tell me what you expect, and I assure you we shall get along just fine."

Notes: N/A

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 3:12:46 GMT

[attr="class","markI"]

he could tell by from his positon she was someone who strived to achieve her goal. a hidden passion, if you will, to prove something to others. it was admirable. once she was done speaking, he'd lean in a little closer. hands clasped together as elbows were placed upon the table. "what i desire isn't loyalty nor strong trainers." that all came second, "what i truly yearn for is your truth." black orbs rested upon the woman before him, a hollow gaze peering into the very depths of her orbs. "i wish to see the true you. i desire your humanity. i want to understand what makes you human and me a monster..." a slight head tilt, he'd smile, "and your greatest desire." simple, right? "i want to understand your motivation, your reasoning for joining us. who is celeste abbiati, is she truly rocket material?"

close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 3:29:57 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Truth? That single word caused Celeste's grin to slowly grow even wider. That much she could easily handle. As he stared her down once more, she simply grabbed onto her teacup and took another small sip. "My motivation? Why I must attest, it's quite simple. And I imagine an individual such as yourself shall understand where I am coming from." Placing the teacup down, Celeste's entire calm demeanor seems to slowly melt away as she allowed the anger and apathy to the world at large reveal itself in her expression.

"I want to be respected."
She spoke clearly, staring back at his own eyes. "Failing that, however, I want to be feared. For too long I have suffered, struggled to rise up out of the gutter these people call society. To compare myself to those simply born healthier, wealthier, more respected. I want to watch everyone who even dared to consider me flawed due to the circumstances of my birth to be crushed beneath my own two feet. For if neither my family nor my neighbors care to respect me as Celeste Abbiati, the poor girl without a cent to her name, then perhaps they'll learn to fear me. And rue the day they ever deemed it fit to mock me for all the things they take for granted."

Her smile took on an almost wicked quality for a moment, the sheer perverse fantasy of ruining their lives all too exciting for her. That is until she slowly sat back, let out a soft breath and relaxed once more. "I'm a simple woman, with simple desires. I shall rise up from the filth of this city or perish proving I am capable of far more than they ever will be."

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #967BB6; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 3:46:34 GMT

[attr="class","markI"]

she had fire, good. "i look forward to seeing your growth as an official member of rocket. if you need me..." he'd begin to write his number upon a napkin, "i'll always be one phone call away." with that being said and done, "ah, and one more thing. to commemorate this great meeting, lets take a quick picture!" standing up from his chair with haste, he'd come to take a picture with celeste remaining seated and the menu of the cafe in hand.

notes: fin.

[newclass=.markI] width: 400px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.markI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.marktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.marktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.markpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.markpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 6:58:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1x sparkling dust, 1x move tutor (bonus).