Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 22:42:43 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

I am very sorry...but I seem to have let a home fall into neglect. A call went out to other Rangers, originating from a woman staring into a house where she could see bug bodies moving in the windows. A home offered for traveling Rangers, and there was no secret she'd been the last to live in it...or lack of living. Moving around so much, she had flat out ignored it, and came back to disaster. The wood wasn't terribly eroded, there was no significant damage obvious, so the League thought the property was salvageable. Of course, it was her duty, but she doubted she could do it alone with less damage.

I am asking for assistance. Any will do, thank you. Kaida dropped her arm, phone hanging limply. The buzzing rang in her ears, this was going to be a mission she couldn't afford to be merciful. The Pokeball hung in her hand, ready for use.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 11:21:17 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

Between his position on the Council and his best attempts to keep up with his duties as a ranger, Orion's rarely got free time these days. He's taking a much-needed nap when his PokeNav wakes him, bleary eyes struggling to register the words on the screen. [break][break]

He's about to roll over and go back to bed when he recognizes the name of the ranger who'd requested assistance, and Orion reluctantly switches on the light and squints in the offending brightness. The response Kaida receives is brief and to the point, a simple 'On my way' before he pockets his Pokedex and gets out of bed.[break][break]

He arrives on the back of his Hydreigon: while his Swampert's injuries meant he had to cut back on ranging duties for a while, the three-headed dragon had managed to escape serious harm in the light of the New Years attacks.[break][break]

"Arceus, that's loud," is mumbled in place of a greeting, his good ear picking up the persistent buzz coming from the building. He gives his grumbling dragon a thankful pat before returning him to his pokeball. "Infestation problem, huh?"[break][break]

Tired eyes are accessorized with dark bags. He rubs at them, then remembers himself. "It's, uh, good seeing you again and all. Sorry, haven't slept much. Busy day." His jaw cracks with a yawn, punctuating the words. "Know what we're dealing with yet?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 19:44:59 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

She had to admit, seeing a familiar face was a relief, Kaida turning to eagerly greet said face. As eagerly as she could, anyway. "Orion! Yes, they are loud, must have multiplied." She had certainly left it alone too long.

The dark circles were too obvious to not notice, and her eyes widened and sparked with sharp worry, "You're tired...You could have not come. Someone else would have come, and if they hadn't, it's my fault to deal with this." She jerked a head at the buzzing windows, "Will you and your partners be fine, are you fine?...either way, you better sleep after this." She spoke more like she was ordering this to be so, foot scraping the floor irritatingly.

The buzzing only continued, and she guessed quickly, "Maybe Combee or Beedrill. We'll discover together." She huffed out a little laugh, both a little terrified of what to come and curious to see how much she messed this up. She tossed up a Pokeball and a Croconaw burst out, looking about in child-like excitement, "We'll protect this home, no worries."

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 10:15:46 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Orion grimaces at the thought, watching silhouettes bump against the windows in tune with the buzzing. The four-legged shadow of an Adriados scuttles past.[break][break]

He's not used to people taking notice of his sleep-deprived state, even less used to them acknowledging it and expressing concern, so he blinks at Kaida a few times as he processes it.[break][break]

"Woke up from a nap with the alert, s'fine." The mere thought of crawling back into the comfort of his bed makes him yawn again, eyes watering with the force of it. "Just got a lot to do lately, that's all."[break][break]

That was an understatement.[break][break]

"My Pokemon are well-rested, though," he assures her, not wanting Kaida to think he subjected his partners to the same sleepless hell the councilman himself was learning to endure. He had a wide range of Pokemon to call upon for aid and swapped between them frequently. "Besides, I recognized the name. Figured you'd appreciate a friendly face."[break][break]

He hadn't forgotten their last mission, how disappointed she'd sounded in herself for wanting to give up. He could relate to that, wanted to be a positive source of encouragement.[break][break]

Volcarona emerges from her pokeball, shaking out her broad, colorful wings. A soft glow announces the effects of her quivering dance.[break][break]

"Lead the way," he allows.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: feel free to request a mod spawn if you want!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 6:36:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
orbeetles

attack!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male or female - swarm[break]
bug buzz / magic coat / ally switch /[break]psychic / hypnosis / sticky web

THE WINDOWS FLICKER AS IF A PARTY WERE BEING HELD. there is no music however, nor is there the flapping of insect wings. in fact, should they enter the infested home, they would find a gathering of orbeetles. they hover around, congregating in some perverse mensa meeting. their wings do not flap, for they use their minds to float.[break][break]

what will you do?

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 23:04:51 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida sighed harshly, signifying her disbelief in the nap, but shook it off, quite literally, with a shake of the head. "I want to say it'll be better...but that's lying today, I think. It'll be fine later, very later." She offered vague condolences, mouth pulled taut like a rope as she admitted, "The friendly face is helpful, though."

She releases the graceful Nid, who twined around her feet like blue string, "I want you to guard us, we're hunting really bad prey today, sorry." The Dragonair locks eyes with the infested house, and hastily invokes a Safeguard about the humans and Pokemon.

Entering the house was less destructive than Kaida thought, her tossing the door open featuring less resistance than expected...but not for any lack of bugs, no, they were all flying in some important looking group, and looked quite peeved at interruption. A force pushed at her, forcing her deep into the home as she tossed out another Pokemon. "Jotun! Freeze!"

The croc broke free of the light, managing an Ice Fang on the foremost Orbeetle, who released Kaida from its psychic grip to devolve into an icy tussle. While one or two stopped to assist their fellow, the rest turned furious eyes to the duo that had interrupted them.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 16:59:02 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

As a cynic, Orion can appreciate Kaida's dry attempts to console him. He chuckles, corners of his mouth pulling into the beginnings of a smile. "Hoenn always bounces back. I will, too."[break][break]

For now, however, they had a job to do. Orion's cautious as he follows his partner into the home's interior; the droning hum of what he'd thought to be bug wings dies immediately. The sudden absence of noise sends a chill down his spine, shortly before Kaida is possessed by some unnatural force to venture further into the home.[break][break]

Orbeetle. Psychic-types, so he'd heard of the Galarian species. They were said to be highly intelligent, and it clicks — the droning and buzzing had been an attempt to deter anyone from entering this building they'd claimed as their lair. Now, they hover on silent wings.[break][break]

Kaida's Croconaw breaks their hold over her, but Orion still places a hand on her arm. His brow is furrowed with concern. "Are you OK? What happened?"[break][break]

Receiving no specific direction from her trainer, the Volcarona flaps her vibrant wings and sends a silvery wind toward the offending creatures.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 21:01:57 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida rapidly checked herself over, and finding no evidence of webs or spikes and the like, concluded rapidly she was unharmed,, "I'm fine, it was trying to grab me with a psychic attack." Her rapid explanation came with a curious question, "These ones are new...which ones are they, again? Psychic bugs?" She reached a hand up and confidently patted Orion on the shoulder, mirroring the concerned touch, "It won't happen again, I got it."

"Jotun, use your best bite." She informed the Croconaw, who stopped trying to snap at the Orbeetles running him through a gauntlet of bugs as they took attacks with Ally Switch, and spun violently to spray an Aqua Tail at the surrounding enemies. The Silver Wind tossed around more of the psychic beetles as they rose in indignation and countered with a synchronized Bug Buzz at the offender.

At the same time, Kaida noticed the flickers of glowing wings and, realizing the Safeguard was keeping them safe from an attempt at Hypnosis, pointed at it, "Nid, bite hard!" She barked, and Nid swung her tail down in a brutal Dragon Tail, slamming the bug down. It didn't rise again. Even with numbers against them, the battle was still equal, and with two Pokemon still ready to go, a confident light entered her eyes.

"You have to leave this home!" She roared, a new ferocity infecting the light.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 22:36:54 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Though relieved to find her unhurt, Orion is nevertheless concerned by the implication. She asks after them, and he turns his head to watch their Pokemon squabbling with the swarm.[break][break]

"Orbeetle," he replies, a frown upon his lips. "They're from Galar. I'd imagine that's why these ones had such an easy time taking over this place; they're new to the ecosystem, most other wild Pokemon wouldn't know how to deal with them."[break][break]

He barely knows how to deal with them, and he's known to be one of the rangers' resident psychic experts! He'd never had to study up on them much when the embargo on Galar had been in place, but now...[break][break]

In a burst of light, Orion's Aegislash appears. Though he'd normally wield the sword and wear the shield, the unknown psychic capabilities of the Orbeetle makes him second-guess his usual patterns. Instead, he cries, "Armor up, you're on defense!"[break][break]

The dual-type shimmers as it shores up its iron defenses, then uses its ghostly ability to sneak through shadow and take an Orbeetle by surprise. Volcarona takes the brunt of a psychic assault from another, then a blast of sonic energy as the bugs buzz in unison. Not to be outdone, the fiery bug buzzes right back, causing Orion to wince a little at the noise.[break][break]

Like a king's shield, Aegislash suddenly slips through the shadows to intercept the furious buzzing of the beetles, allowing Volcarona's drone to become the dominant sound.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 0:55:50 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Orbeetles prided themselves on their high intelligence, even for a psychic type, they were alarmingly intelligent. They had created the illusion of the infested house, they had influenced minds to constantly hear bug-types droning, and they had silently multiplied in the safest place none could enter. At this moment, an Orbeetle thought.

"Tch! I don't like them." An invasive species, and one that had the means to infest a place without even a little bit of damage, no good. "I'm going to guess a good dark-type attack would mop this up." She hadn't meant to be loud enough to hear, nor did she think it would matter, but in that moment, one of the Orbeetles moved.

An Ally Switch changed it with one of the unconscious allies it had, dangerously close to the humans, and its eyes simmered with intent to take out the true source of the invaders.

Generally speaking, a psychic type had the advantage when at a distance, able to attack from its leisure. Thus, it seemed only logical for Kaida to lunge forward, releasing a new Pokemon into the fray. Ormr wrapped his tail around Kaida's shoulder, propelling himself off of her. With his poison typing, it wasn't the best idea, but he had what she wanted, a dark type Bite attack.

Contact.

In her seemingly illogical charge, the Orbeetle didn't have a valuable second to react, and faced a Bite from above as Kaida slammed into it, a furious growl shaking her throat as the two pulled it down and flung it aside like one mind. Calming slightly, she looked back at Orion before returning to the battle.

The Orbeetles were left discombobulated with their failures to turn the battle around, not to mention the Bug Buzz sending them flying around in a daze. Nid flung a Twister at the weakened bugs, bringing them down and ready for being taken by the Rangers. Jotun cornered the last few, kept back by a Psychic that pushed him back like an invisible wall.

"Orion. Can you finish them? Jotun is having trouble. I did tell them to leave, but...the chance is gone." Her moment of ferocity appeared to had never happened, her face abruptly calm once more as she turned to Orion.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 23:56:55 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Though Orion sympathizes with Kaida's disdain toward the unusual bugs, they are the exact sort that the ranger is drawn to: disliked, feared, unwanted. These particular Orbeetle are a threat to his fellow rangers and potentially to the wider populace, however, and nothing will get in the way of his duty.[break][break]

He's steeling himself to this when Kaida launches forward without warning as if to physically assault the bugs with her own two hands, and it flusters him enough to cause hesitance. What was she doing?![break][break]

Whatever had possessed her, it worked — Orion meets her gaze when she glances back at him, and offers a curt nod of approval. When she asks for his aid, there is no hesitation whatsoever: "Can do."[break][break]

Adopting Kaida's own strategy of closing the gap, he wields his Aegislash like a sword and shield. Sneaking shadow wreathes the blade as he slashes toward their foe, bringing up his king's shield to block any retaliation. Similarly unaccustomed to Pokemon-and-trainer acting in unison, another Orbeetle falls beneath his assault. Volcarona wreathes herself in flame, startling the remaining bugs into a hasty retreat.[break][break]

Orion puts his back up against a wall, shield at the ready to cover his front just in case.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: sorry for the wait, ty for your patience!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 3:31:31 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Ormr snapped after the fleeing Orbeetles, letting out a loud hiss as a Psychic nearly tore him off Kaida's shoulders...but it was working. Whether they were injured or simply thought this wasn't worth it any more, most were making a break for it.

"Up. Up. Get up." Kaida trotted around the downed Orbeetles, hastily checking over them and pushing them into the air once she had ascertained there was no grevious injuries. "Don't come back. We're kind, others won't be. Get up. Go and don't steal a home." She curtly helped the Orbeetles escape, seemingly unafraid now that she had felt the Orbeetles felt their strength. Speaking logically, this would keep the Orbeetles from teleporting back using each other's presence, but speaking in Kaida's manner, she simply didn't want to leave them if they were too injured.

"They're smart!" She commented appreciably, "I hope they're smart enough to not come back." A Pokemon becoming a public nuisance usually didn't end well for said Pokemon. She only hoped their big brains didn't also make big pride.

Quite suddenly, Kaida sat where she stood, petting Ormr as he coiled around her. "Thank you for this." Crisis averted, she was back to being a calm mask, and her Pokemon returned to her side, "...I don't even need this home, but the League does...I owe you." The last portion was stated incredibly seriously, as in her opinion, this was not working together, this was someone else picking up her mess. A stupid screw-up she should have solved herself. It was a home, it was her duty.

She perked up at a thought that rose up once more, "Oh. We're finished." She glanced back at Orion, face set so that one could almost hear her next words incoming, "Both of us should rest now." She spoke firmly and included the both of them, just so it'd be fair.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 22:19:37 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Orion's breathing sounds heavy and loud in the sudden silence after the battle, and he's once again conscious of how tired he is as he presses his back against the wall and allows it to support his weight. His limbs feel like lead and his head's pounding.[break][break]

"You don't owe me," he insists. She looks dead serious, stubborn, an admirable quality, so he elaborates: "Consider it a favour from a friend, OK?"[break][break]

Friend isn't a word he throws around lightly. He doesn't have many, but Orion saw Kaida as somewhat of a kindred spirit with her admitted tendencies of self-doubt.[break][break]

He chuckles at her comment. "I get the hint. I'm going to go home and pass out. If you forward your report to me I'll add to it and send it in when I get up."[break][break]

He waves, then sends out his Hydreigon and starts for home.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 2:38:40 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Surprisingly, she had little resistance to her suggestion, though she was left with the baffling processing of the last interaction. Friend? Did a friendship just happen that quickly? She only had a quick moment to raise her hand in goodbye and mumble out, "R-right. I'll get it by today. Stay safe."

Alone again, she returned all her Pokemon and stayed frozen. She hoped this was real, and curled her lips in a cautious smile. "I suppose I'll trust it." Her thoughts out loud floated in the air, and they felt trustworthy too.

In a home not her own, but guarded, she took out a PokeNav and conducted her report.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Request for Aid [M]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 2:46:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 75 poke, 10 infamy, free bug-type pokemon evolution (ranger rewards).