protection payments [m/open]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 6:05:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It's broad daylight when Yvette saunters into the Night Market and starts smashing up a young man's stand. By the end her track pants are coated in dust, her tennis shoes trample glass with every step, and the only thing keeping her lungs free of debris is the face mask that obscures her grimacing mug. In any other part of the city this kind of flagrant criminal activity would be incredibly risky, shaky police presence or not, but no one expects this kind of trouble at the night market in midday. Patrols are rare and light.

"I'll say it again," her already quiet words are muffled behind her mask as she adjusts her sweatshirt -- casually clearing it of dirt before tightening its hood around her face, "If you want to operate on this corner of the Night Market you're going to need to pay up." she tucks her hands into her pants' pockets as she says this, casually avoiding looking at the man she's currently hassling. No need to menace him further, not with Me skulking around behind her baring his teeth and growling every couple seconds.

Neither of them are much of a threat to most people. She's a twig of a woman despite her imposing height and he's no bred fighter, but both of them know how to posture. And it seems to be working. The once resilient stranger now looks on the verge of breaking. Somewhere between seeing his wares shattered on the ground and receiving a nasty cut to the arm from Me for trying to stop more from being manhandled he started submitting to Yvette's command over the situation.

"Now are you going to, or not?" she asks the question and he squirms on the ground while clutching his bleeding left forearm; but still he doesn't crack completely. Instead his eyes scan the empty market desperately -- hoping to find some kind of help or solace.

@open
mission

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 6:25:43 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

The Night Market was still being repaired after the New Year's Bombing.[break][break]

That was what brought Bailey Cooper to this destroyed slice of Slateport, her police badge latched to her belt as she sipped her coffee and left from the latest construction site—another body had been found in the ruble, and as she stepped underneath the yellow tape, she knew that she would have another report to write up when she stopped by evergrande.[break][break]

Elite Four responsibilities would have to come tomorrow.[break][break]

She sipped the black coffee, staring at the sight of the Night Market through her shades, finding it weird to be here in the middle of the day.[break][break]

And that was when she heard the sound of breaking glass.[break][break]

She arrived to the scene of the crime by Togekiss, drifting down into the middle of the street as if her fairy-type had been a glider—combat boots crunching across the ground.[break][break]

“Slateport PD!” She would shout, and watched as the crowd scattered like fleas.[break][break]

With their parting, she could catch sight of the scene unfolding, and the bleeding man on the ground.[break][break]

Tink, the Togekiss, raised her wings from Bailey's back. “Hands where I can see 'em!”

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

@jane

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 7:07:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
'trouble . . .'

The warning hit her brain like a shot of anxiety. Echoed dimly in her head only moments before said trouble hit. She watched the man on the ground's eyes widen and a shaky smile break out across his face right before he pointed a bloody finger in her direction and started to shout.

"She's a Rocket! Ms. Cooper she's a Rocket!" his voice was frantic despite the hopeful look that replaced his previously desolate expression. But he still managed to seem almost gleeful when he looked at her again. She felt her heart fall through her stomach as the realization of why started to dawn on her. Ms. Cooper, Slateport PD, shit! It was her turn to look panicked as she looked in the direction of the woman and her Togekiss to soak in the picture of her.

Bailey Cooper. Renowned ranger and Member of the Elite Four.

There was no mistaking her, if not thanks to her record across the region then for the briefings grunts received on people of interest. As in "people you should be interested in steering clear of". This was maybe the worst possible outcome; so bad she hadn't considered it long enough to think up an escape plan should it happen. How the fuck was she supposed to know her petty robbery was going to end in intervention from an Ace Trainer!?

"Sugar!" she patted the front of her sweater and felt her Abra's back through the fabric, "Get us a head start!" she anxiously whispered the order before returning her Zoroark and breaking into a dead sprint in the direction of "not Bailey Cooper". The glow of a Teleport soon followed -- and a moment later she was turning a corner into an alleyway a few meters down the street.

mission
ooc: what the fuck

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 7:35:14 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

Wait, Rocket?[break][break]

Bailey Cooper has a fraction of a second to let surprise rise to her features—a grunt was still stirring up trouble? Even with the death of their original leader, ? It was a name she had not been expecting to hear.[break][break]

Months later, and their members were still slithering in the dark.[break][break]

In the cracks and crevices left by a war that had almost ripped hoenn apart, she can still find remnants. She can only presume it was because crime was all that these grunts knew—or all that they loved.[break][break]

“Frick! We got a teleporter!” but she cannot give chase. not immediately.[break][break]

Tink had to be diverted. Instead of having a chance to unleash an attack, the fairy-type would be sent to the injured man. “Get him out of here,” because he was a witness and there would be questions to be asked.[break][break]

That decision had cost her time, but it had to be done.[break][break]

It was only when she can hear the vicious burst of wind from her togekiss' extreme speed that the elite four member twisted on her heel, chasing after the direction the girl had run.[break][break]

She rounded the corner, sucking in air as she broke into a mad dash.

@jane

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 7:49:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Yvette's heels skipped on the concrete as she slipped into the alleyway. Already she could feel her lungs starting to burn and her knees going to jelly. Adrenaline or not she wasn't built for this level of sudden physical activity and she could tell this plan wasn't sustainable. Not against a ranger, not against someone with a fucking Flying-Pokemon. This really was her worst match-up. Still, all hope wasn't lost. At least she hoped it wasn't.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," she wasted breath cursing as she rooted through her pockets for a pokeball, "Come on . . ." she mumbled as she finally pulled out the one she was looking for. She stopped for a second to release her Trubbish, Take-Out. The Trash Bag Pokemon regarded her with appropriate confusion. It wasn't often she saw her trainer out while the sun was up, even less often that she saw her sweating from any kind of physical activity. Even before Yvette spoke these signs let Take-Out know there was serious business taking place.

"On my back, you know the drill!" she panted, starting to think maybe stopping wasn't the best call as she felt a side stitch starting up. Take-Out did know the drill, and she was quick to climb over Yvette's head and grab onto the fabric covering her shoulder blades with Sticky Hold. Already Yvette could hear footsteps fast approaching, now or never!

"Poison Gas!" she shouted before starting to run again. Instantly the Trubbish began releasing plume after plume of a noxious, purple haze. It quickly filled the space of the alley behind her before naturally rising to create a makeshift wall of toxins. Against regular police this was usually when the chase was doomed to end in her favor, but Yvette wasn't so confident it would stop a fucking war vet like Cooper. So she picked up the sprint again, dipping behind the opposite end of the alleyway to enter a new street -- all the while marking her path with a toxic trail.

"Teleport again," god it hurt to talk, "Roof!" the glow picked up again and suddenly she was in free-fall. She barely managed to soften her impact onto the roof of an apartment. Height was traded for length this time, they were maybe a building down from the end of the alley. Still, Yvette couldn't help but take a second to suck in mouthfuls of air and choke down vomit, all the while hoping her pursuer wouldn't notice the bits of Poison Gas that were already spilling over the edges of the rooftop.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 8:30:39 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Bailey would not fare much better.[break][break]

Long gone were the days of basic training, where she was a fresh cadet made to run laps. No, for bailey cooper, being on the beat meant cruising on her motorcycle, chowing down donuts and procrastinating her reports. Chasing down criminal offenders had not been on her agenda for months.[break][break]

“Aaaah—my fucking legs!” somehow, cursing made her feel better. “Fuuuuuuck!”[break][break]

But as she yelled her expletives, she sucked in a breath right as she went into a cloud of purple smoke.[break][break]

Yelling was replace with gagging—and as she choked, her cough would suck in more of the disgusting fumes. Why did it smell like five-week old pancham express?[break][break]

The vile smoke brought tears to her eyes, and her hand rustled through her leather jacket to find the right capsule.[break][break]

The alleyway suddenly became more cramp as her scolipede was deployed. “Rollie!” and without another word, she would mount the poison-type as she clasped a hand to her mouth, her fingers finding a gap in his chitin armor to hold onto.[break][break]

The poison gas had an effect, but it left a trail. The scolipede would follow, letting its countless legs do the hard work as it scuttled through the narrow network, easily breathing in the fumes without worry—carrying a poison type could have its advantages.[break][break]

Bailey was not so lucky, and it was only when they burst into the next street that they can separate from the brume—her hands trying to fetch an antidote from her pouch. That shit worked on pokemon. It'd work on humans too, right?[break][break]

Fuck no, it didn't, and she spat out the blue liquid and felt the urge to vomit.[break][break]

“I'm gonna be sick,” and her gaze would only focus upward when she'd spy the swaying of smoke from a rooftop. “I hate my job.” why did this one have to be clever?[break][break]

There was a moment of admiration—she had been a pain-in the ass, and she could respect the art. “steamroller,” and the scuttling of scolipede's legs would be unnerving as the insect would pick up the pace, charging across the street and then up the wall of the building.[break][break]

teleport was not a luxury she had access to, and distance would be gradually gained over time. She felt that it could be a losing game, but something stubborn refused to let bailey cooper relent so easily.[break][break]

scolipede's speed boost has activated! Its speed has increased![break][break]

notes: lmfao im in love w/ this thread

@jane

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 8:53:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Again she'd stopped moving and again she was regretting it. Yvette's sides cramped and her stomach did flips as she tried to recover from the bout of extreme physical exertion. Her mouth filled with saliva, anticipating the acid and chunks trying hard to make their way up her throat. It was only with great effort that she kept them down, only thanks to the horrible image of what they would do to her given the mask that covered her mouth. Thankfully there were no signs of her pursuer and hopefully her position on the roof would -- oh my god the Poison Gas.

Remembering with a shock her own strategy she looked behind herself to see the fumes from the attack spilling over the edges of the rooftop. Fuck. Fuck that was bad. She wanted to scream and berate Take-Out for not stopping but ultimately the fault lied with her, so instead she simply returned the Pokemon wordlessly and looked desperately for her next move. She scanned for an escape route and found one quickly enough. A doorway! Yes! She tried to run to it but found her legs unwilling to cooperate. so instead she steadily jogged across the space that separated her from potential freedom.

About halfway there she heard the sound of something scuttling up the wall behind her. It was not hard to imagine what that something was. God, she got it already! Bailey Cooper was good! Did she have to be so fucking thorough about proving it. After taking a shuddering breath she tried her best to pick up the pace and reached the door just as a pair of antennae peeked over the edge behind her. When she put her hand to the doorknob it was locked.

"Fuck!" against her chest she could feel and hear her Abra breathing hard with exertion. Two rapid Teleports under significant stress had left her too tired for another big jump. For a moment she found herself frozen with panic, what was the way forward? The gap in their strength meant direct conflict with the Elite Four member was a guaranteed loss, Yvette needed to stay a step ahead. And then it hit her. She was holding onto that step.

"You can't make a big jump, but you can do a small one Sugar!" she breathed the words down at her Abra, a plan forming, "Through the door, that's all, then you're done baby!" she felt the Psi Pokemon's claws dig gently into her chest as she strained for one more Teleport. Sure enough, she pulled through. Just as she heard Bug-Type legs clicking against the roof she vanished, only to reappear in the dark of a stairwell.

"Good girl!" she barely avoided shouting. Returning the Abra, she looked down and felt her excitement wane as she realized what she'd just done. Now her escape route was stairs. Stairs. Just standing made her legs shake.

mission
ooc: oh my god oh my god oh my god (this is fun)

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 9:24:11 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

The climb was fast—scolipede had no trouble traversing the flat expanse of the wall, even if bailey struggled to keep hold of her pokemon. The shift of gravity had not bee kind, and her legs dangled as her grip was the only thing that kept her from plummeting.[break][break]

Hard to do when she felt the urge to keep one hand clasped to her mouth.[break][break]

Surmounting the edge of the roof had been a godsend, as it gave her a chance to stand on her own two feet. A tinge of purple had managed to reach her features, and bailey cooper did not look good as she pointed an accusatory finger to the masked girl standing by the door.[break][break]

Poison was not kind, and traversing that distance had only seemed to worsen its effects. Was this what it was like when she rushed a poisoned pokemon to a pokecenter? Holy shit this sucked.[break][break]

“Well, well, well! Gotcha now!” and she'd take a step forward, unable to hear the girl's voice over her own declaration. “You had a good run, but now it's time to stick your hands up where I can see 'em—”[break][break]

and then the girl was gone—like she had vanished from existence.[break][break]

“Now where'd she fuckkin' go?!”[break][break]

She would be able to hear Bailey's frantic shout from the other side of the doorway—and the fading sound of rapid footsteps that would move away from the stairwell.[break][break]

In the heat of the moment, the elite four member checked the surrounding rooftops and over the sides of the building, wondering if the masked culprit had fled to the streets below.[break][break]

notes:
poison has obstructed her last two brain cells

@jane

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 9:41:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Even as her legs quavered and her will shook Yvette managed to move the plan in her head forward. She was certain that once she'd conquered the seemingly insurmountable obstacle that was the stairs she'd be home free, especially as she heard what she was certain were sounds of confusion from the other side of the door. So she returned Sugar and put her pokeball away. Now the question was: how to quietly descend the stairs on barely functioning legs?

The answer that came to her after a second of thought was the kind of thing you'd expect from a toddler, or some other small child. She could just slide down the rail. Right? Well, in theory, yes. In practice? Yvette hadn't had a whimsical childhood and by her teens the idea of doing something so "juvenile" was ridiculous to her. So was this the best course of action? Probably. Would she be capable of pulling it off? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Still, she was running out of time and options so she did her best to set herself up as she'd seen countless kids in movies and cartoons do. She climbed up onto the railing, planted her butt, and then just kinda . . . leaned forward. From there gravity took over. She felt her center of gravity shift, her track pants begin to slide against the slick rail, and then! She slid down the rail too fast to keep track of and face-planted into the wall. Hard. Audibly. It echoed. Stupid!

"Fuck!" she clutched her dripping nose and switched to plan B, run down the stairs as quickly as adrenaline will allow! Thankfully that collision with the wall had given her a new burst of the chemical and so her pace was much higher than it would have been a few moments ago. Unfortunately there was now no doubt in her mind that Bailey would quickly figure out where she'd gone and break into the stairwell -- speedy Scolipede and all. Thankfully (again!) though, that wouldn't matter if her plan went as well in reality as it did in her head.

She raced down the stairs quickly, already beginning to strip as she did so. It would seem an odd choice to anyone not privy to her thoughts, but to Yvette it was just a simple step in her master plan. Her sweatshirt and mask were removed by the time she reached the door that marked one of the few boundaries between her and a clean escape. She choked back snot and blood before pushing the door open.

"OH MY GOD!" she screamed in her best hysterical voice and heard people across the floor of the apartment startle in their dens, "THERE'S A BOMB! OH MY GOD! TEAM ROCKET IS BACK!" sounds of panic quickly picked up as she hurried to kick off her pants -- leaving her in only a bloody t-shirt, underwear, and a pair of socks. Already the first few doors started to open as scared civilians rushed to avoid being victims to yet another terrorist attack.

UXEDlY75

mission
ooc: god let this work

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 4:37:07 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

bailey cursed.[break][break]

losing the trail was not a huge blow to her pride—pursuits had never been her specialty, and atop the roof, she reached for her comm device. “We had an incident,” and she as she relayed the ongoing situation, she continued to curse her luck, knowing that a pokemon with mean look or arena trap would have been perfect for this situation.[break][break]

but she couldn't always be prepared, and she accepted her failing with grace.[break][break]

Next time would be different.[break][break]

“Huh? What was that?” she glanced away from the comm device, just in time to hear the panic and the screaming of the surrounding citizens. From this high peak, they looked like scattering durants. “Fuuuck, what now?”[break][break]

A bomb threat?[break][break]

“Hey, Officer Cooper calling in—we got some bullshit,” and even if that assailant were to reappear, bailey would be too occupied to handle it.[break][break]

There was never a boring day in hoenn. “And bring some antidotes. I think I'm poisoned? Can I die from this?”[break][break]

notes: end <3

@jane

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 5:05:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 pokedollars & 5 infamy,[break]1x voltorb for yvette (redeem in site shop / choose moves like a gacha pokemon)!