played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 8:53:53 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
It wasn’t often that Annie found herself at a resort. A luxury holiday had never been in the plans for a girl that could barely secure a roof over her head, so it was hard not to feel… jealous. Bitter. At least a little bit, seeing all the tourists and trainers having the time of their lives.

She tried (and partly failed) to push the thoughts aside. The resort wasn’t her destination, the gym was. Determination suited the girl’s face well, but it rarely came without a smile. It was only once she entered the tower that something close to happiness showed itself on her face. Showers of wealth didn’t suit her one bit, but a battle challenge? She was getting used to those.

“Never seen a gym do so much to flaunt their stacks before.” Normally she’d charge in, arms wide open and voice announcing her presence to the world, but the setting had knocked the usual enthusiasm right out of her. The only other hints that she gave as to why were the stuffed hiker’s backpack she carried and the slightly faded tracksuit she wore. Specifically, the same outfit she had worn the last time they had met (minus the shoes, courtesy of Thomas Benoit), a little more worn from frequent use.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 9:22:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec had sat in his chair, tired from yesterday. Running the place wasn't something to be excited about. Well, it was, but not from an owner's perspective. Especially when it came to revenue costs and all that jazz. Hevwas seventeen years old, tackling responsibilities that he shouldn't have yet. It made people wonder why such a young man had decided on having such a mantle. However, his promise to Mateo was something he had intended to keep. That is why he was where he is now. 

Suddenly, the double doors to the Gym swung open. Alec stood up from his throne chair, ready to greet the person who had entered. It was then that Alec had realized the familiar face. "So, You've come for my Gym Badge, Haven't ya Annie!? Well! At any rate, it's nice to see ya again!" Alec said, giving the female trainer his signature goofy grin.

"So, lets get right to it! What kind of challenge are ya here for?" Alec asked, not afraid to getting to the point. If he had remembered correctly, that seemed to be Annie's style, and honestly he was like that for a time.

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 9:46:48 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
She’d been so distracted by thoughts of a life she could never live that she had barely looked at the man – boy – she was challenging. His voice snapped her out of her daze and her eyes snapped to a familiar face. Surprise overtook what had just been a dull look. “Alec?” A moment’s pause heralded a fire relit in her eyes. “So you’re behind this! Think you’re going to get the edge up over me by getting a whole gym for yourself? Hah!” In the span of seconds, she was back to her regular self, shouting and wildly gesturing and mildly accusing anybody in her path.

“You’ve played yourself! Once I beat you, I’ll be one step closer to my goal.”
In her head, a rivalry had already been established. That, or that was how she regarded everybody around her. “Down to business, I like it! I’ve got four guys with me here, and I’m a big fan of double battles! Great way to show how well me and my Camp work as a team, if you’ll allow it!”

A slight squint of the eyes, and another pause. Her smile faded some, and with it her voice lowered to a begruded grumble. “Oh, and… Congrats on getting your own gym, I guess. It's a very honourable position and I bet it wasn't easy to get.”
wizz

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 10:08:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
alec foster Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec made a confused deadpan face at Annie's comment about one-upping her. If only she knew how difficult it really was, Alec thought to himself. Alec's face turned into a playful grin at the girl's next choice of words. "Always as confident as ever! I like your spunk, I must say!" Alec said.

When Annie had begun to talk about the type of battle she had wanted, Alec couldn't help but like the sound of it. "A double battle? Well alright then! Follow me to the top floor. The arena is there," Alec said, beginning to lead the way. It was then that Alec was taken aback a bit by Annie's compliment.

"Your right. It wasn't easy to get here. But ... I made a promise to someone that would become a Gym Leader, and now I am one." Alec said, continuing to lead the way with the torches on the walls lighting the staircase for them to see. After a few minutes of climbing, the two had made it to the designated floor. Alec took the far side of the room and let Annie have the side closest to the entranceway where they had entered.

"Alright! The rules are simple! Defeat me in this double battle, and the Legend Badge is yours! Ya got any questions before we kick it into gear? Or are you ready to dance?" Alec said with a playful smirk. Annie may have known that he had specialized in Dragon Type Pokemon, however what she did not know was that Alec had a special set of Pokemon ready for this kind of challenge and they weren't no pushovers either.

With a quick flick of his wrist, Alec grabbed two of his Poke Balls out in front of him, releasing Kommo-o and Salamence. "I'm sure you remember my Salamence, but you never met the other big guy! His name is Ken!" Alec said with smirk on his face, as his two Dragon Pokemon out a roar in unison, showing that they were revved up and ready to go!

-Ken the Kommo-o and Rex the Salamence are starting out first!-

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 12:45:08 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
“But when you put it like that, it sounds so simple! ‘I told a guy I’d get a gym, and then I just went and did it!’” She strolled up the steps behind him, having left her worries and stresses behind. Money might have been an issue for her, but there was no shortage of confidence as they approached the arena.

A few minutes of climbing took them to the top of the tower, and her to the challenger’s position. Finally, she felt in her element, and it showed. While Alec explained the rules, she took off her backpack and started stretching. One arm crossed the other as she nodded to him, several times in a row. “Sounds pretty normal to me. As long as you’re ready for the challenge, so am I!”

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/pquczd8ixr/23._xxxxx.mp3[/player]
To nobody’s surprise, she found herself facing a pair of dragons. If anything, the sight of fierce beasts roaring onto battle only made her smile grow. She had the advantage of owning a Kommo-O, and while she’d yet to see a Salamence in battle, there was no better time to change that. Her hands dropped to her pockets, retrieving a pair of capsules. “Goliath, Bastion, let’s make a name for ourselves!”

Goliath was most likely to steal gazes. Between a height that easily dwarfed his trainer, a deep roar to match the dragons before him and a paler green that made it stand out even from other Tyranitar, the titan practically demanded the attention. His roar heralded the arrival of desert sands onto the battlefield, as each stomp of his feet spread the Sand Stream into the battlefield. In seconds, it spread onto the field, a ticking clock for any beast maladapted for the raging sands.

Annie to sending out a Pokemon that couldn’t bear being buffeted would be a terrible show of her talent, but the glossy shell of her golden Forretress’ seemed to shield it from the weather. The living shell stared don his enemies, his low growl trying to compete with his armoured ally.

“Let’s make this one to remember.”
wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 20:21:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec was impressed with Annie's Combo. It would seem her combo was more effective than his, or at least from a one-sided perspective. Her Forretress won't be harmed by the Sandstorm her Tyranitar created. And I would assume that the Tyranitar is a heavy hitter while the other one is for support. Hmm. Interesting. Lets see what they got!" Alec thought, having an amused smirk on his face.

"Alright! Rex, Flamethrower on the Forretress! Ken! Clanging Scales on Tyranitar!" Alec said, smirking. Salamence took to the air, having enough room to fly, aiming a stream of flames at Forretress, while Ken clanged its scales all at once on it's body which had produced a powerful sound wave that was aimed at Tyranitar.

Alec may not have seemed to have the best combo here in the battle, but again, that was a one-sided view of it. In a double battle, being able to command both of your Pokemon is key. It's not about what types you have. It's about Synergy. Alec had hoped Annie had such a thing with her Pokemon. This battle would definitely prove it.

-1. Rex takes to the air and attacks Forretress with Flamethrower!

2. Ken attacks Tyranitar with Clanging Scales at the same time as Rex's attack.

3. Rex & Ken are damaged by Sandstorm!-

[/quote][/quote]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 8:51:59 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
If the wide-eyed look Annie and Bastion shared was any indication, they were off to a bad start. The Forretress had one glaring weakness, and Alec wasted no time in exploiting it. “Goliath!” She didn’t need to finish a command; training had taught the titan that that level of concern that early into a fight only meant one thing. It likely came as no surprise to the dragon tamer that a Tyranitar wasn’t the fastest of Pokemon, but his strength allowed him one mighty jump, landing in front of his partner to bear the heat. What should have been a critical blow for Bastion was much less so for the Armour Pokemon, but combined with the Clanging Scales that followed suit, he looked annoyed mere seconds into the battle. It wouldn't last long, for the sandstorm bolstered the defenses of a beast already lauded for its strength, but it was an early warning that the gym leader meant business.

Behind them, Annie could be seen biting her lip, if only for a second.. Concern and sympathy weren’t the traits that earned a Tyranitar’s respect, so neither of those would be voiced. “Alright, I see how this is gonna go. Bastion, Toxic Spikes!” The shell was even slower than his battle partner, but without legs, he made do with hopping out from behind Goliath. Its two frontal cannons fired violet orbs towards the enemy’s side, but they exploded short of reaching them, into an army of same-coloured caltrops. They sunk but a centimetre into the ground, seemingly settling themselves into the battlefield, and making themselves a stubborn presence on the enemy’s side if they hoped to cross over.

“Goliath, Rock Slide on Rex! Take him out of the sky!” In the absence of a cave wall, he raised his arms and summoned rocks out of nothing, several feet above his person. The array of rocks were sent flying towards the winged beast. Fortunately for Annie, boulders flew much faster than either of her Pokemon, but would it be fast enough?

TL;DR: Sandstorm is in effect! (1/???)
---Bastion's Overcoat protects it from the sandstorm!
---Goliath is fortified by the raging sands!
Goliath takes the Flamethrower for Bastion! It's not very effective...
Goliath is hit by Clanging Scales!
Bastion uses Toxic Spikes to cover the enemy's side of the field!
Goliath uses Rock Slide on Rex!

wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 15:10:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec had a serious look in his eyes and said blankly, "Protect!" He called to Rex. The flying blue Dragon complied with a roar and summoned forth a barrier as he flew, protecting him from the rocks made by Tyranitar's attack. "If you thought that would actually work, than you have a lot to learn, Annie!" Alec said, holding his serious expression.

"Ken! Cover the distance between you with Dragon Dance and attack her Tyranitar with Outrage!" Alec commanded his second comrade to go in for the attack. Ken may have been big, and may have seemed slow, however he could pick up momentum very easily. He manuevered himself in a zigzag motion, gunning for the Tyranitar, his body erupting into a blue fiery cloak as he did, attempting to hopefully take down the Tyranitar with this attack. If he could knock out her Tyranitar, then this battle would make things much easier on him and his team.

Rex may have been protected from the Tyranitar's Rock Slide, however, dealing with the Tyranitar was top priority, and honestly, he had actually hoped that her Tyranitar would take the flamethrower from earlier. Attacking the Forretress was just a ploy to have her use her Tyranitar to take the brunt of it, and even though it wasn't really all that effective, a hit was a hit. It also took a hit from Ken's clanging Scales earlier too.

Alec was testing Annie, pushing her to see if she could withstand his attempts to knock her and her comrades down, or if they would fall and submit. Alec highly doubted that though, but nonetheless, he wasn't making it easy for her either.

- Tl;dr: 1.Rex uses Protect to defend from Tyranitar's Rock Slide!

2. Ken uses Dragon Dance to close the distance between him and Tyranitar! (Speed & Attack Increase by 1)

3. Ken attacks Tyranitar with Outrage!

(Dragon Dance + Outrage is a combo!)

4. Rex & Ken are damaged by Sandstorm!-

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 20:40:48 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Oh, Protect. Annie’s favourite least favourite move. “Practical, but super lame,” she scoffed, folding her arms as the glared at the shield. Her feeling towards the move didn’t change that it would bring an abrupt end to most of her battle plans. Only most, though. As long as Bastion was on the field, and the sandstorm chipped away at her enemies, all she had to do was run out the clock. With that in mind, it wasn’t too surprising that his words wouldn’t make her waver.

Goliath held steadfast as the gym leader gave his commands, shifting his glance back towards Annie. Her face had steeled, knowing enough from her own Kommo-o to realise that what came next was going to suck… But they could make the most of it. That was what Annie did best, after all. Still, there was something to be said for the man commanding his Pokemon to cross the field, without regard for the array of poisonous spikes she’d spread moments before. She wasn’t going to call him out on something that could only benefit her, but whether or not the poison would take hold remained to be seen.

“Dragon Dance.”
The Tyranitar gained a glow to match the beast charging his way. “Get ready.” He snarled, staring down what was sure to be the source of a world of pain. “Grab him!” The sound of the dragon hitting dinosaur echoed throughout the hall, as did the roar of a Goliath greatly wounded. Ken succeeded in felling the beast, but he was only down, not out. Following through on his trainer’s orders, he wrapped his arms around the Kommo-o as he dropped, attempting to pull him to the ground, or at least on top of him, leaving him exposed to a-

“Ice Fang!” Bolstered by the Dragon Dance, and too arrogant to let the damage wind him, Goliath opened his maw wide. Glimmers of ice shards could be caught amongst his fangs before he sank them into the foe that dared challenge him… Even if he meant he didn’t have long left in the fight. Both trainer and Pokemon understood as much. In fact, the Tyranitar embraced it as a sign that the world knew it was a threat.

That left the unassuming Bastion, bound to be next on the chopping block. “Bas, get an Iron Defense going.” Cannons and eyes withdrew into a closed shell, which coated itself in a metallic sheen. It wasn’t quite as show-stopping as his partner’s wrestling show, but the Forretress had a part to play, and it was doing it well.

TL;DR: Sandstorm is in effect! (2/???)
Goliath uses Dragon Dance!
Goliath is hit by Outrage! It hurts.
Goliath retaliates with Ice Fang on Ken!
Bastion uses Iron Defense!

wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 23:37:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Iron Defense, Now!" Alec said to Ken before Annie's Tyranitar could bite down on Ken. The Kommo-o's scales began shimmer and glower, which made his actual skin begin to do the same. Ken squinted at the pain of the icy bite, however, the damage wasn't as severe than it normally could have been.

"Now! Finish Tyranitar off with Outrage!" Alec said with a smirk. Ken's body had once again burst into a blue fiery cloak as he grabbed Tyranitar off of him, then forcefully elbowing him in his belly. It was then though that Ken had begun to feel an odd sensation through its body, it writhing in pain. It was then that Alec knew why.

On Ken's feet were some spikes that the Forretress had thrown onto his side of the ring. Fortunately, it was only Ken that was affected by the poisonous spikes. He knew that much since Rex had been in the air since then. Even though Ken was poisoned, He knew he would tough it out. Ken was stubborn just like Alec, as well as quite a few of his Pokemon, so he knew Ken would want to continue despite how he physically was feeling at the moment. 

Alec had now began to focus on Rex, who was circling the air, eyeing the brawl between Ken and Annie's Tyranitar as well as the Forretress who had used Iron Defense to fortify itself. "Rex, Try flamethrower on Forretress once more!" Alec had said, and with that, his Salamence bellowed a roar on top of another stream of flames that hurdled itself towards the fortified Steel bug Pokemon.

- Tl;dr: 1. Ken uses Iron Defense! (Defense increases! +1)

2. Ken is hit by Ice Fang! (It's Super Effective!)

3. Ken attacks Tyranitar with Outrage!

(Not sure if Tyranitar actually faints or not?)

4. Rex attacks Fortified Forretress with Flamethrower!

5. Ken takes damage from Poison & Sandstorm(He's almost K.O.'d!); Rex is buffeted by Sandstorm for the third time! -

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 13:31:06 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Goliath didn’t need any further orders. With his prey trapped in his grasp, he’d already decided that only one of them would walk out of the scuffle. The heart of the sandstorm only partially obscured the sight of two titans thrashing about, with Annie’s dinosaur undeterred by the Iron Defense. If one Ice Fang didn’t do the trick, then two had to make a dent. Another Outrage forced him to read his head back, and for a moment it seemed that their battle had come to an end… He raised his head again, mustering the ice shards within his mouth, but the pain caught up to him before he could commit to one last attack. Goliath lay back on the floor, defeated, but his end did nothing to quell the sands.

Annie’s gaze was elsewhere. The Flamethrower was expected, and in the absence of a living shield, her prediction had lessened what could have been a knockout blow. Another rush of fire could take him out of the fight, and even by (or especially by) gym leader’s standards, Alec didn’t seem keen on letting her Pokemon stay standing. “You’re going out like a champ, Bastion! Get up there with a Gyro Ball!”

The mass of shell that was Forretress wasn’t well known for its speed, which could only help it when it came to using the move. He launched himself into the air, rapidly spinning until its body was but a blur of pink and red. 120 kilograms of spinning steel was dead-set on slamming into the Salamence’s back, with no regard for a counterattack or the toxic spikes waiting for them below.

That left the trainer, purse-lipped, to regard her fallen fighter. “Did your job well,” she muttered, returning him to his Pokeball. In his place, an Excadrill was summoned. Another Pokemon immune to the weather, Quake immediately set his sights on the Salamence. “Get ready, buddy. We got the slow set-ups out of the way. Now I’ll need you to kick some butt.”

TL;DR:
Toxic Spikes cover the enemy's side!
Sandstorm is in effect! (3/???)
Goliath uses Ice Fang twice!
---Strengthened by Dragon Dance!
Goliath is hit by Outrage!
Goliath is knocked out and returned!
Bastion uses Gyro Ball on Salamence!
---Strengthened by Forretress' low speed!
Quake the Excadrill is sent out!

wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 15:35:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec winced at the sound of Tyranitar's thud, falling to the ground. Soon after Tyranitar had collapsed, so did the Kommo-o.The poison from the spikes that it had stepped on and along with the Sandstorm had overpowered him quickly, especially since had moved a lot in order to take down the Tyranitar. "You did an awesome Job, Ken buddy! Well done," the young Gym Leader said, returning his Dragon to it's Poke Ball. Alec had then directed his attention back to Rex and Annie's Forretress.

Alec was impressed with the Forretress' speed when using Rapid Spin, colliding with his Salamence which sent his Dragon flying down to the ground, landing on some of the toxic spikes, also poisoned, just like Ken. Rex grunted in pain, however he wasn't going to give up so easily.

"Another Flamethrower on Forretress!" Alec said, and with that, Rex shot forth another stream of flames at the steel bug, hoping to get some payback for injuring him. After Rex attacked, Alec picked another Poke Ball from his belt, and tossed it, revealing another Dragon Pokemon. It was a Female Goodra. She trilled happily as she was now able to join in on the fun.

"Hope your ready, Helena!" Alec said to her with a grin. The Goodra had trilled once more, however she had flinched once she had stepped on a poisonous spike without paying attention to her surroundings. However, Alec knew she could help herself with just a little water.

However, Alec waited to see what Annie and her Pokemon would do next. The Gym Leader knew he couldn't do nothing about the Poison in terms of Rex, however His Goodra on the other hand could turn this around depending on his opponents next move. 

- Tl;dr: 1. Ken fainted and is returned to Poke Ball!

2. Rex is hit by Rapid Spin!
Rex is now poisoned!

3.Rex attacks the Forretress with Flamethrower once more!

4. Alec brings out Helena the Goodra!
Helena is Poisoned!

5. Goodra and Rex take dmg. from Sandstorm and Poison!-
(Rex is almost K.O.'d)

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 20:29:40 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
It came as no surprise to anybody that Bastion was dealt a finishing blow, but seeing her beast taken out still brought a twitch to Annie’s eye. At the very least, things weren’t looking completely hopeless. With one of Alec’s Pokemon down, something close to a smile returned to her face, marred and masked by the tough battle before her. “I thought this would be an easy match, but you’re really making me work for this.” Her sentence was punctuated by the thud of a Forretress hiding the ground, unable to force itself upright.

“Sturdy as ever, Bas. Don’t worry, we’ve got this.” A few words of motivation were enough to bring out her smirk as she returned the Pokemon. Her final Pokemon took its place – a fierce-faced Lucario. He shifted into a fighting stance, but Annie’s commands stopped him short of moving in. “Hold tight, Cairo. Quake, use Dig!” When the Excadrill dived into the ground, his claws and head combining to form one oversized blade, there was no question as to why he was the Drill King. “Wait. Aren’t we up high? …I sure hope this floor is thick, because I don’t have repair money.”

She kept a careful eye on the Goodra. If it was anything like her Escargoo, the forecast was about to get hectic…

TL;DR:
Sandstorm is in effect! (4/???)
---Cairo and Quake's Steel typing protects them!
Bastion is KO'd and returned!
Cairo the Lucario is sent out!
Quake digs under...ground? Floor?
wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 23:47:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec listened to Annie's words very carefully, which made him smirk, but not in the way one would think. "If you are thinking like that, then you've already lost!" Alec had said calmly yet with a sterness in hiss voice. "Watch closely ... I'm going to teach you a lesson you will never forget," Alec said calmly but yet with an intense glare in his eyes. "Oh, and also, no problem about the floor! It's pretty thick," Alec said, adding that last part quickly. With the way he had changed his attitude so quickly, it was probably hard to tell whether or not Alec was being serious about teaching Annie a lesson. However he did in fact mean those words.

"Rex! Flamethrower on her Lucario!" Alec said, and with that, it let out another stream of flames from its mouth, hurdling towards the Lucario. After mustering its last ounce of strength, Rex had collapsed to the ground. Alec knew that Rex would overexert himself with that Flamethrower, however he also knew his Dragon Pokemon better than the back of his very own hand. Alec gave a soft smile to his very first friend who was now on the ground, grabbing his Poke Ball and returning him.

"You did great today! Please rest," The young Gym Leader said to his Pokemon. He then began to grab another Poke Ball and chucked it into the air above him, realeasing his final Pokemon. A Dragonite that flew with elegance and grace. Alec had directed his attention back towards his Helena and said, "Use Rain Dance!"

As the female began to sway to a silent tune, rain had began to fall slowly and then eventually it began to be steady, quickly covering the room. However, that's not the only thing that was happening. The rain created by the Goodra's Rain Dance had soaked into her pours, hydrating herself, which was curing her from the Poison that was inside of her.

"Annie. Your real test ... Begins now!"

- Tl;dr: 1. Rex attacks Lucario with Flamethrower!

2. Rex fainted from the Poison and is returned!

3. Alec brings out his last Pokemon, Veda the Dragonite!

4. Helena the Goodra performs Rain Dance!
It's now raining inside!

5. Helena the Goodra's Hydration ability works, curing herself of the Poison from the rainfall!

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
First and Last Resort
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 9:09:56 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Annie fell almost suspiciously quiet once again. In that moment, hearing the boy’s confidence, or perhaps overconfidence… Was that how she sounded? All the time? Her eyes widened for a split-second, and she made a mental note to work on her lines. In the meantime, she’d cover the smack talk with one quick line. “I’d prefer to let my skills speak for me!”

It’d become painfully clear that Alec didn’t plan on having his Salamence use more than two moves, which was half the reason she’d told the target of his flames to pause. It wasn’t until they saw an all-too-familiar rush of flames that Annie spoke: “Extreme Speed on not-Escargoo!” Parsing Annie-speak took no time at all, and neither did Cairo’s departure. In a blink, he was gone, and the flames scorched the ground where he had once stood. The spikes were but annoying pricks in his feat on the way to the dragon. She appeared before her, wasting no time driving a fist into her stomach.

Raging sands were replaced with the first patters of rain, and Annie… smirked? A glint in her eye told that the move had confirmed Helena’s ability – or at least, struck out the worst-case scenario. “Quake, she’s open! Follow-up!” She’d been counting on the Goodra to use Rain Dance; if it had taken defensive measures (or had them at all), he’d have no target for his attack. Without Sand Force, the Excadrill launching from the earth wasn’t the critical strike it could have been, but a living drill slamming into her from below had to hurt nonetheless.

TL;DR:
Cairo dodges the Flamethrower with an Extreme Speed aimed for Helena!
--Cairo's Steel typing protects it from the Toxic Spikes!
Quake uses Dig on Helena!
wizz