a not so clean escape [dw/open]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 0:52:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Okay, so her plan had worked -- fantastic! It was really something to evade an Elite Four War Vet Ace Trainer Ranger and most people would be proud of the feat; but one would have to forgive Yvette for being less than ecstatic.

It didn't feel like such a victory when you were left running mostly naked through alleyways at midday, staining your shirt redder by the second as you sucked back blood and mucus from a broken nose. No, this certainly didn't feel like a victory at all. It felt like surviving -- which to be fair was exactly what it was.

"Fuggin hell," she cursed and leaned against the brick wall of the latest in a long line of alleyways she'd been jumping between, wishing desperately for a smoke and a chance to rest. Her whole body ached from the labor that went into her escape attempt and where she wasn't shaking with exhaustion she was trembling with leftover nerves.

She'd really almost been done in there. She was going to be in so much fucking trouble if any of this got back to the admins: her cover blown, a noisy, messy escape, and all right in front of a top ranking member of the league.

"Jus' grea'" she tried to push up off the wall and start running again at that, but instead collapsed to the ground -- skinning her knees on the pavement as she did so. Okay, maybe it wasn't a matter of just wishing for a chance to rest. Maybe it was more of a requirement. At least that's what she thought as she sucked air through her teeth and rubbed dirt and debris out of her newest scrapes. At least she was in an alleyway instead of the open. Maybe she could catch her breath without being spotted.

@open
ooc: continuation of this
CNlq0kyI
close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 1:51:48 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Instead of having a wonderful day off where he’d be able to sleep in all day and waste away his life he was instead pulled from his paradise and out into the working world. From one place to another, the league had Adam jumping from place to place to take care of whatever job they decided to throw at him.

And unfortunately for Adam he had a hard time saying no and they of course took advantage of his kind nature and flooded him with jobs. But he was finally reach the end of this tunnel and freedom was his!

”Well since we’re here how do you feel about making a stop and getting some food?” He’d break the silence of walking by asking the Lucario at his side a simple question. Soul, the Lucario in question, seemed pleased at the suggestion which would set the course for the remainder of their time in the upper district.

The two walked down a few more blocks before the Lucario would stop, his ears twitching, something was distracting him. Without a single word, the Lucario took off, leaving his trainer who was still walking behind. It took Adam a few steps before noticing his Lucario was gone.

The Lucario tracked an aura he picked up on to an alleyway and was surprised to see who it belonged to. He wanted to help the person but didn’t want to spook them away either so he remained still. ”Hey why’d you run off like-“ Adam finally caught up and was immediately dumbfounded.

”Uh…..hi?”

@jane
OOC: Heyo let me know if there's anything wrong wit dis post
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 2:12:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She was naked in more ways than one as she sucked air through her mouth in that alley. Usually she kept her Abra, Sugar, out at all times as an early warning system. Its species was naturally attuned to the minds and intentions of those around it -- allowing her to pick out potential threats and alert Yvette to them long before they actually got around to showing themselves. But after their escape Sugar had needed to rest and in the rush of securing said escape she hadn't thought to release the Psi Pokemon again once things settled down.

In the moment she hadn't consider what this meant, but when she found herself startled by the sound of approaching footsteps (and then the presence of a Lucario that had managed to sneak up on her undetected) the vulnerable state she was in became painfully clear. Today really was just one mistake after another wasn't it? With this in mind she couldn't help but tense up when the Lucario was joined by -- presumably -- its master. How did they find her in the alley? What did they want?

It seemed unlikely she'd be getting any quick answers. The man who had come chasing after the Lucario did little but gape and stare once he laid eyes on her. At least he had the courtesy to throw her a hello, not that she gave a fuck.

"Whud? Never seen a girl in 'er underwear before?" she asked harshly from her place on the ground before sniffling noisily, "Well id isn' a free show so ged los'," she thought her bark was pretty good given the circumstances, but her follow through could use work. After sucking in another snuffling breath that filled her throat with blood and mucus she tried once again to stand up, only to slump against the wall again half-way up.

Just how tired was she? Come on!

ooc: nothing wrong at all

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 2:52:05 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam’s bewilderment washed away as the ‘girl in ‘er underwear’ spoke. Soul was still hesitant to move, still not wanting to get a poor reaction. It wasn’t until Adam nudged him that the Lucario relaxed. Looking around there was no telling how she ended up here and how she ended up in the shape that she currently in.

Well, whatever, it didn’t matter right and Adam doubted he’d get any answers from her if he asked. He did, however, smirk a bit watching her try and move only to end up back on the wall. ”Oh damn and you were soooooo close.” He snickered.

”Alright well if you got that out of the way let me help you.” The ranger would take off his coat and offer it over. Not only was it freezing Adam also didn’t want to talk to someone who was basically naked.

”Put this on and let Soul here heal you up. And before you hiss and snarl at me if I wanted to do some shady shit I would’ve already done it.” Honestly he could have just walked away and let someone else deal with this crap so she better be grateful. But he doubted he’d get any other than vile.

”So what’s your name? I’ll start first, my name is Adam.” Adam’s Lucario would try and approach the young lady, attempting to use his Heal Pulse to tend to the woman’s injuries.

@jane
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 5:31:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Any and all fears of a "poor reaction" from Yvette were more than warranted. She was on edge, still riding high on adrenaline and anxiety despite her body's decision to fight her every move. This was on top of her already neurotic need to keep others at arm's length. Anyone entering her bubble, especially now, was doing so while incredibly unwelcome.

"I don' need y'r help," she protested, gagging on phlegm in a way that likely dealt a less-than-negligible blow to the credibility of her words. Still she seemed ready to stand by them, shying away from the offer of the jacket the best she could (which in this case meant sliding away from the man's outstretched arm with notable effort). She wasn't going to let this guy play "good Samaritan" using her as a prop. Even if her skin was starting to break out in goose pimples.

"I'm nod pudding on y'r stinking jacket," she went through a lot of effort to put the t's on "stinking" and "jacket", "and if you wan'ed to do some shady shid I'd bite y'r bits off." as much fun as the other man seemed to be having, Yvette was dead serious. Despite her obvious physical weakness she narrowed her eyes and dug her nails into the alley wall before once again trying to force herself upright.

This time she managed to do marginally better, at least standing all the way up before having to fall back against the wall for support.

"My name is Jane," she lied confidently, "and I don' need y'r help either, mutt." she spat the words at the Lucario as he started to approach, though this time she lacked the energy to physically back up again.

ooc: i'm angy, no talk me

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 7:08:49 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Still she fought against the help that was extended to her and it was what Adam expected. It was one of those situations that one didn’t want to be right about but there was nothing you could do about it. He pulled his arm back, releasing a deep sigh as he did.

The look on his face was more disheartened than annoyed or irritated. ”Fine, fine, have it your way.” Adam sighed, pulling back his arm and putting on his jacket. A real stubborn one she was but Adam didn’t blame her given the circumstances that she was in, a lot of people would act this way.

But if she wanted to free then that was going to be her problem, not his. An attitude like this was only going to get someone so far and her body betrayed her words. He’d watch as she again attempted to pull herself up and this time she had actually made some progress there despite Adam having a suspicion that if she stayed like that for some time she’d be back at square one given how beat up she looked.

What was also still on his mind was their surroundings, no real sign of where and how she came to be here was suspicious and he knew he wasn’t going to get a straight answer from her.

”You heard her, she doesn’t want our help.” Adam’s words put a full stop on Soul’s attempt to help the young lady, looking more bothered by it than Adam ever did. ”Alright then Jane if that’s how you want to do it then fine.” The ranger would sigh, rubbing the back of his head.

”You’re going to have to come with me to the station to answer some questions. Don’t make me have to drag you kicking and screaming.” Of course he didn’t want to nor did he actually plan on doing this but he couldn’t just walk away and leave her in this state so if he had to hardball it then fuck it.

@jane
OOC: I'll go put up a mod req for us for the spawn
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 7:29:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VESPIQUEN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PRESSURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] slash
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] aromatherapy
[attr="class","wildtabox"] attack order
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] toxic
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] @jane &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ALCREMIE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] sweet veil
[attr="class","wildtabox"] decorate
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] dazzling gleam
[attr="class","wildtabox"] aromatic mist
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] recover
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] @jane &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[googlefont=Abel][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Rubik]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 5:20:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The performative pity was more than enough to rankle Yvette. She didn't need the sad looks and the piteous sighs in response to her denial of these handouts and she certainly didn't need them from some stranger with no reason to give two shits about her. If her mouth was loose before it only grew looser at these displays.

"I will have my way, thanks for the permission," she bit the words out as she watched Adam put his jacket back on -- good. Though apparently his words were just as showy as his actions, given the fact that his very next action was to try and rob her of the choice she'd just made. And in a fashion he didn't even know put her at greater risk than any broken nose or public undress could.

Yeah, the admins would love that. A botched job, a blown cover, a chase with an Elite Four member, and then to top it all off an arrest by some plainclothes nobody.

"If you think you're gonna ged as far as draggin' me you've god another thin' comin'," as she spoke she moved a hand to her breasts. Without pockets, options for Pokeballs were limited -- but not absent.

She reached less than discreetly into one cup to grab the Pokeball she was almost certain belonged to her Zoroark. If this guy was sick of playing good Samaritan she was done playing the vulnerable victim. Any arrest involving her wouldn't be happening without a fight.

Unexpectedly, however, the source of the fight would prove to be neither of them. At least for now. Even as she pulled Me's Pokeball from her bra a buzzing picked up from above. When Yvette turned her eyes skyward she found the source rather quickly. A Vespiquen, one who'd apparently made her home in the alleyway and looked none-too-happy to see a fight breaking out within it.

ooc: resisting arrest with a side of potential anaphylaxis

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 22:30:09 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Well this was going just swimmingly for the ranger. This entire situation was botched to hell and now she was entering fight or flight which was his entire fault. Now was the time to deescalate and get a control of the encounter before it actually went to hell and a fight broke out, which wouldn’t look good at all.

If he didn’t think she was up to some shady shit before then he definitely was now given how hard she was fighting him on this. But before either one of them could do anything their conversation was interrupted by a buzzing noise.

”Just fantastic!” Adam growled, looking up to see the Vespiquen. ”Soul don’t take your eyes off of her.” The ranger ordered, turning to face the large bug Pokémon. From his pocket Adam pulled out a capsule belonging to his trusted Noivern.

He then released the dragon, she would be able to fend off the Vespiquen with no trouble at all. Meanwhile Soul’s disposition changed, the once calm and worried Lucario turned stern and was ready to move at a moment’s notice as per his master’s orders.

”Siren, use Hurricane and blow the Vespiquen away, keep her busy.” This was a waste of time, the bug had no chance against Siren.

He’d turn back to Jane as his Noivern did battle with the Vespiquen, whipping up strong winds to consume the bug. Adam trusted his Pokémon enough to take care of the work without him having to keep an eye over her and babysit. And as he did the radio in his pocket went off but he ignored it, whatever the person on the other end was saying Adam wasn’t paying much attention to it.

”Listen you're basically naked, bruised and can barely move. If you can give me a good reason to leave you alone and walk away and not help you that’s more than “I don’ need y’r help!” then I’ll be more than happy to walk away and leave you to suffer. Or you can accept help from someone who isn’t actually going to dig into why you’re like this and will patch you up and send you on your way.”

@jane
OOC: A stubborn man he is