Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Past Days (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 1:30:43 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Next table, next table 6. There.

Kaida seated herself, arms full of both a suddenly mobile Toxel and the food she wanted to keep. In the process, Bragi squirmed free and flopped to the ground, suddenly insistent on having the same food that Ormr and Hema was having. Little ones will be little, she supposed.

Her plate looked meant for two people, and probably was, a cake that was a chocolaty abomination that she scarfed down with little regard to anything else. She herself was easy to spot among the others, and easy to hear due to an errant Toxel denied food.

Whoever approached was greeted with her rising and offering a hand, helpfully cleaned with a napkin, "I hope our time together is appealing. I'm Kaida." She droned, a faint attempt at a smile on her face.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
614 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
Past Days (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 9:25:31 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah arrives a little before his victreebel. its yellow bulbous body lurches forth, and hearing the toxel complain for food, screeches wildly at the baby. elijah's knifelike eyes slowly roll toward kaida's and away from their pokemon.

"uh, yeah." he shakes her hand and reclines into his seat. elijah doesn't mean to exude toxins. "i hope it's 'appealing' too."

elijah reaches into his victreebel's mouth, the metal hook extending into a basket dangling in its stomach. he pulls out a bouquet of blue and throws it on the table.

"i'm elijah. like flowers?"

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Past Days (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 23:14:21 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida's eyes flick briefly to Bragi, who swiftly quieted and darted behind Hema, and just as brief as her attention was held, her concern was over. Bragi wasn't being harmed, and needed to learn others might take issue with whining. A valuable lesson learned, she might say.

"Er, thank you." Kaida scooped up the flowers, peering at them in curiosity, "Flowers are fine." Flowers. Plant that could be eaten, or could be not, depended on species. They were fine to look at otherwise, and if one of her family members wanted it, they could keep it. A good gift. However...

"I didn't know to bring anything." She admitted, her previous date hadn't required it, did they both just didn't know? "Are they grown by you? Bought?" She was not one to leave indebted, and asked her questions rapidly. A gift of equal value was sufficient later, right?

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
614 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
Past Days (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 20:18:29 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"i grew them. don't worry about it." elijah says, eyes as straight as the tone of his voice. "don't need to bring anything but yourself."

she looks pretty enough- but rough around the edges. something seems off, but the apothecary can not put a descriptor to what unsettles him. still, elijah assumes many can say the same about himself. every time he peers into the mirror, he searches for what may terrify or shun. the reflection becomes his evaluator and his worst enemy.

elijah struggles to remember her name, but is able to catch it with his teeth before delivering it coarsely. "so. kaida. what are you looking for? let's get straight to it."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Past Days (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 21:30:19 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"Ok. Good to know." Kaida answered, just as straight-laced. She still wasn't sure she liked the situation, but figuring she'd never she this man again helped make the decision easier. Just take it. It's fine.

On the ground, the three smaller Pokemon stared dumbfounded at the bulbous plant monster, Hema pulling Bragi and Ormr close with her tail. It was a miracle the date would end soon, before Hema got too protective.

What are you looking for? Wasn't that the question.

Honesty drove her words, unwilling to come up with a more optimistic thought, "I don't know. I think I thought coming here would make things clearer, but here I am, no more liking people than I was before...so, if I'm here, to learn how this works and make friends...I'm sorry if that's different from you."

Hopefully, honesty was the best policy.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
614 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
Past Days (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 22:37:47 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah's victreebel retracts its vines. using them like stilts, it barely heaves its heavy bell bottom gut backwards. a leaf or two is left in the retreat: a parting gift, or perhaps, a warning.

"no problem with that. elijah says. "people disappoint all the fucking time."

he crosses his arms, setting his dress shoes on the table. the tablecloth wrinkles like fissures.

elijah flashes a glance at the scarfed down dessert, "you can take the rest of the cake. i don't have a sweet tooth."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Past Days (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 0:02:32 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"Indeed they do." Kaida bemoaned quietly, stabbing into the cake with her fork. She felt slightly like she was the disappointment, but she didn't very much want to try and change that mindset. If this man was looking for love one could see, she was disappointing. She'd have to accept that.

Plus, he was allowing her not to share the cake, that was fine in her book.

A loud droning rung out, date over. "I hope people don't disappoint you more." She stated sincerely and, sensing that the time to leave was nigh, her Pokemon couldn't wait to trail after her.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
614 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
Past Days (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 0:20:12 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah did not mean for kaida to think of herself as a disappointment. however, the limited scope of his heart fails to fathom what he has done. as the sound alerts them to change tables, he draws his shoes back to the floor with a clack.

"likewise. hope you like someone." elijah says.

his victreebel lunges for the next table.