orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
buttercup [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 9:06:09 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

Orion's stomach has no time to settle from his first encounter before he's on his way to the next table, battling his ever-mounting anxiety. He's a little relieved to see a woman at the indicated table; having signed up for both platonic or romantic encounters, and having listed his preference in men, the pressure is off to try and score a date.[break][break]

He hopes she's not disappointed.[break][break]

It's only when he sits down across from her that the councilman's brow furrows, and he tilts his head. "H-Hi, sorry," he greets, realising his stare might be uncomfortable, "but have we met?" Just in case they haven't, and perhaps to refresh her memory if they had, he offers his hand and a name, "Orion."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
buttercup [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 6:09:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wendy"]

[break][break]

so. [break][break]

someone kindly explain to her why she thought it was a good idea to sign herself up for speed dating? no, why anyone thought this would be a good idea?? [break][break]

this was against her will. it had to be kidnapping, right? there was no way that it was wasn't. okay yeah, maybe she came here of her own free will. maybe she came here on her own, and walked through the doors and sat herself down at the table. maybe she even went ahead and tried to dress herself up nicely with the help of her sylveon, and maybe she was a tiny bit giddy about meeting someone new. maybe she played a few otome games the other day, trying to anticipate this. but, still! completely against her will! there's no way this was alright![break][break]

she gently rubs a few, uneven strands of her hair between fingers. ah... did she look weird? she came in something a bit more casual, so she hoped that was alright. just a cap, a loose t-shirt and a pair of short denims. when she sees a man approach him, she.. vaguely recognizes him (solely because their only encounter was in the dark, and so she couldn't see him clearly). "U-Uhm..--"[break][break]

oh. oh no.[break][break]

he's hot. [break][break]

wendy stammers, the tiniest bit, while trying to figure out what to say in greeting. hi should be alright, right? but shouldn't hello be more formal? was she trying to be formal? what about hey? no, way to intimate! but if she just said-- then he opens his mouth. oh god, he opened his mouth and she recognized the voice and name. [break][break]

"we--" she starts, so close to revealing her real name! gosh, so clumsy! "h-hannah..! u-uhm.. you helped me when i was trying to get to town.." she tries to recall the lie she told, leaving it vague as well as she could.

[break][break]

[newclass=.wendy] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.wendy b] color: #b58ae4; [/newclass]
[newclass=.wendy i] color: #adadad; font-style: italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
buttercup [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 13:12:55 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

It's the young woman's stammering discomfort that clues Orion in before she works up the courage to speak. The name, he doesn't remember, but the girl he does.[break][break]

Hannah, and he nods, committing it to memory once more. There's a pang of guilt for not remembering that he tries to quash. They'd only met once, and he met so many people in his day-to-day, and at least he remembered her at all, right?[break][break]

"Your grandmother, that's right." Fortunately for 'Hannah', the fact that she'd introduced herself as Wendy during their first encounter slips the councilman's scattered mind. "Glad I could help. And, uh, nice to see you when we're not being attacked and all that."[break][break]

Perhaps the girl might also recognize his Absol, the white-furred creature poised like a statue at Orion's side.[break][break]

"So," and he clears his throat, grasping for conversation topics. He'd been lucky with Kazimir; the other man had carried their conversation. "What do you do, Hannah?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
buttercup [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 0:36:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wendy"]

[break][break]

is she allowed to crawl into a hole, yet? [break][break]

she could, right? just kind of slither into the dark, never come out? she didn't wanna be here! not at all! but.. at the same time.. ahhhh! she didn't wanna be here! no! bad wendy! stop thinking these... nice things! oh, but the temptation to enjoy herself.. no! she was here for a mission! probably! why else would her father sign her up for this?! nothing in her resume said anything about socializing! heck, she was the opposite of sociable! not sociable! oh gods, this was going to be a complete disaster, and it was going to be all her fau--[break][break]

"hyeep!" she suddenly jumps, the slightest bit, seeing the absol standing to his side. it was all.. big, and majestic. and scary! but the white, fluffy fur made it so difficult to resist petting... but what if it bit her?! oh, god, that would be terrible! yes, wendy was about to have a mini implosion here, caused by herself. was it necessary? certainly not. father should have thought of that before she was chucked into this mess. thankfully, her good dose of serotonin was sitting next to her. the ribbons on the sylveon's body reached out to gently wrap around the young woman's arm, hoping to calm the trainer down. [break][break]

enough to take a few, deep breaths at least. wendy sighs, softly, and begins to tent her fingers and gently fiddle with them together. "o-oh!.. i-i'm an intern a-at a hospital. i-i take care of some people and.. i-i'm studying under some doctors.." her voice grows quiet, but that doesn't stop her from trying to lift her head. "wh-what about you?"[break][break]

... then she remembers that he was a ranger. ahhhhh--

[break][break]

[newclass=.wendy] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
buttercup [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 0:49:43 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Orion startles a bit when Wendy does, glancing around as if trying to spot the apparent source of fear when he notices her eyes are fixed on Katas. The Absol stares back calmly, slowly blinking his red eyes.[break][break]

"Oh, don't worry about Katas!" Orion chuckles, hoping to diffuse the situation. "You met him on the route, but I guess it was too dark to see properly, huh? I know Absol get a bad rep, but he's really gentle."[break][break]

He scratches Katas' jaw, and the Absol leans into his touch.[break][break]

Wendy forgetting his profession is forgivable — he'd forgotten her name for Arceus' sake! So he smiles, patient, and says, "Oh, I'm a ranger. And, uh — councilman, now." A nervous hand rubs at the back of his neck. He doesn't often tell people the latter if they don't recognize him from his position; it's only in the interest of honesty that he tells 'Hannah' now. "But still a ranger. You're studying to become a doctor, though? That's really admirable, actually. I don't think I'd have the smarts for that."[break][break]

He'd never gone to college, so he supposed he didn't really know.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
buttercup [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 21:31:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wendy"]

[break][break]

oh, bless, he doesn't remember her real name! [break][break]

that made things just a little bit more easier! though.. it was a speed date, so she probably wasted a good amount of time trying to establish introductions. way more than needed! but.. the less she talked about herself, the better, right? plus, this was a bad place to try and get to know someone! especially if they wanted to catch up, right?![break][break]

oh, who was she kidding. she was just trying to make excuses![break][break]

with the nod of her head, she stays seated while her sylveon tries to soothe the poor trainer from her anxiety. the ribbon pokemon gives orion an apologetic smile while waving to the absol with a free feeler. "y-yes! i'm a student! er.. i-it's not that bad. there's a lot of studying, though.." she tents her fingers together, trying to push the words from her throat. [break][break]

"i don't really go out too much a-anyways, so it's okay.."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
buttercup [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 22:28:46 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Orion is at least glad that 'Hannah' has her Sylveon for company; her social anxiety seems worse than his own. He's understanding as a result of his own discomforts, patient as she stumbles over the words.[break][break]

"Yeah, it's the studying I'm not too great with," he admits, sheepish. "Guess I never developed the right habits."[break][break]

Still, he's happy as a ranger.[break][break]

The bell rings, and Orion's gaze flicks toward the sound before settling back on Hannah. He smiles, standing. "It was nice seeing you again, Hannah. Enjoy your evening!"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
buttercup [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 1:26:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wendy"]

[break][break]

aw, and just when her sylveon was beginning to calm her down enough to maybe get a normal conversation going. nevertheless, wendy begins to fidget with her fingers a bit more before passing a small smile up to the young man. "u-uhm.." she starts, before he can take his leave. her eyes narrow, slightly, as she glances to the side with a slight, though nervous smile. [break][break]

"th-thank you for being patient with me..!" she immediately lowers her head, as though trying to brace herself for whatever may have followed as a response anyways. "I-I hope we see each other again s--"[break][break]

aaand he was gone. great, wendy. now for the next person-- Oh gods, what if they saw you turn into a flustered mess?!

[break][break]