Firecrackers [sd]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Firecrackers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 12:52:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec sat at his designated table, waiting for his date to arrive. He never knew what to do in these kinds of situations. He had never dated anyone. He knew he liked girls. He knew he also liked guys too, but he never told anyone that. He hasn't even told his family yet. 

His partner Pichu was sitting on his shoulder trying to get his master's attention, however the young Gym Leader was lost in his train of thought. He wondered who was paired with him for his second speed date?

-I seriously couldn't think of a good name for this thread tbh :/ -

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Firecrackers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 13:42:20 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Trixie arrived at the table first, or rather into it. The Whimsicott glided into a power-slide, dunking herself face-first into the thing. Her trainer’s lack of surprise as she approached told that this was par for the course. “You know, that made a lot more sense when there was food for you to dive into.” Apparently unharmed, the cotton puff bounced up onto her feet, turning one way to beckon Annie over, and then swivelling around to wave to the strangers.

“Hey! Nice to see a familiar face here. Some of these guys are weird.” Annie settled herself into her feet, an open palm brushing Trixie and her oversized mane aside until it stopped blocking her trademark grin. “What brings you to this place? You’re looking for love already?”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Firecrackers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 13:58:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec was in awe at the sight of the Whimsicott sliding into the room and into the table. Alec had grinned back at Annie who had walked in next. "Heya, Annie! Nice to see ya again!" Alec had said. His Pichu lightly jumped from the table, greeting Annie and her Pokemon.

"Pi-Pi-chu!" he trilled with a happy face.

"Ya never met this one before, but this one is Kaminari. I found him abandoned in my old home that I had bought back in Slateport before becoming a Gym Leader. I couldn't let him go on His own, so I decided to take care of him," Alec explained how he had acquired his tiny mouse friend. Alec had then blushed at Annie's next choice of words and said, I-I, uuuuh ... Yeah. Sort of ... I also came here for the free food," Alec said, whispering to her about the last part of his sentence.

-I seriously couldn't think of a good name for this thread tbh :/ -

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Firecrackers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 22:10:05 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
“Good day to you too, Kaminari!” The Pichu earned a wave from Annie, while her free hand settled itself atop her partner’s head. “This is Trixie. She’s my special little puffball. I hope you don’t have anything loose on you, because she really likes taking things that don’t belong to her.” The Pokemon showed off her smile despite, or perhaps in spite of, her trainer’s scolding tone.

Free was Annie’s favourite word, so it was no surprise that it made her smile grow. “That’s alright. I’m only here for the free food.” Trixie mimicked scarfing down a poffin, complete with munching sounds. “If it’s here and it’s free, I’d be crazy not to take some, right? It’ll save me having to hunt down something later.” She furrowed her brow, if only for a moment, leaning in to watch the boy carefully. “Back up a second. You’ve got the money to buy a house and build a resort, and you’re still looking out for free food?” A mildly accusing stare took the place of her smile.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Firecrackers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 1:19:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec chuckled nervously at Annie's words as well as her accusing stare. "Wellllll .... About that. To be truthful, I only paid for my house that's on the Resort. The Land and constructs on the resort, including the Gym itself was funded by the League. I have to pay the League back with the Resort's Revenue - or at least half of it every few months or so. As for the food, it's alright ... If you like rich people food, I guess. I don't though. Honestly id rather go to a fast food place and enjoy a meal. Eating at the resort can be ... Disheartening most of the time."

Alec said, telling Annie the truth. Having rich people talk about themselves was not very interesting to the young Gym Leader. However, he still did it because he had to maintain a public appearance to not only his Gym Challengers, but his guests as well. "I also have to cover for repairs to the Gym through my half of my revenue cut, as well as the bills for the hotel, which actually costs a looooot. Did you know a hole in gym ceiling would cost me 85,000 dollars just to patch up? That's just one hole mind you," Alec stated. Believe me when I say, it may seem like I'm living in dough, but ... Not really to be truthful."

Kaminari nodded with a matter-of-factly expression on its face as it stuffed a poffin into it's mouth.

-I thought this would be a rather Interesting heart-to-heart topic between the two as well as just interesting in general cuz i never actually established that thoroughly in my gym sign up thread. -

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Firecrackers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 8:15:22 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]His explanation would probably drum up sympathy in most people, but as Annie’s face slowly settled into an unimpressed stare, it was clear that he wasn’t tugging at the right strings. Which wasn’t his fault, she reminded herself. He didn’t know, and she didn’t exactly advertise it.

“I’m guessing that this is meant to make me feel bad and like you’re not living it up right now, but… I don’t have a house, and I haven’t had one for almost three years now. I live on top of a bar, sometimes, after I’ve spent the day cleaning it up. Almost everything I own is in the backpack I carry around with me.”
Knowing that he couldn’t be faulted did little to stop the edge of venom seeping into her voice. She’d put a frown on her partner’s face, who knew there wasn’t much that would keep Annie’s mood down for long. Concern started to show on the Whimsicott’s face, and irritation on Annie’s.

“So you talking about how repairing your business would cost more money than I’ve ever seen, to somebody that’s just here to save money on dinner… It’s not exactly selling me on your problems. It just makes me think that you’re a-” Both of Trixie’s stubs nudged a fist Annie hadn’t realised she’d clenched. An apprehensive “Whimsi…” softened the trainer’s expression, and she drew her gaze away from his. “…Sorry. None of that’s your fault.”

[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Firecrackers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 9:04:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec was not expecting Annie's words after what he had told her. Learning that she was homeless; having nothing to her name but what she had on her back. It made Alec understand Annie a lot more now - why she was striving to become the Champion - Why she was pushing herself to be the best. It made Alec angry at himself for saying such a thing. 

Alec bit his lip fiercely, feeling an extreme pang of guilt in his heart as well as soul. Alec, ... What the hell did you just say? ... he thought to himself, letting his own regret eat at him. It was then that a tear fell down from his face. He wasn't crying because he felt bad for Annie. Sure, it was tough being in the position she was in, but she was in fact strong.

"I ... I didn't mean to ..." Alec clenched his hands tightly to his pant legs, now balling them up into fists. He pinched the skin of legs, not caring about how painful it felt at the moment. Then, Alec quickly wiped the streak of tears falling from his face and then with a quick bow, practically slamming his face onto the table as he bowed to Annie, "Please accept my Apology! I had no idea of what you have went through to being such an amazing Trainer!" Alec said, not paying attention to how loud his voice was.

He was raised to show honor to those of great strength and courage of pushing through their hardships. To be so disrespectful towards someone the way he had just been was absolutely disgraceful to not just the Hundred Devouring Family, but his own family as well. If his mother was here to witness this, to be frank, Alec probably wouldn't be alive right now because he'd be beaten senseless for what he had just said. Then again, with how hard he hit his head on the table when he bowed without even flinching, he was delivering the punishment to himself.

"I did not mean be so disrespectful! I had no idea what you must have gone through to get where you are!" Alec paused, waiting to hear what Annie would say, if she would even say anything. He would even understand if she wouldn't even accept his apology for being stupid. His Pichu looked back and forth between the two, not even sure what it should do. 

--

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Firecrackers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 0:31:44 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Was he crying? Oh Arceus, he was crying. Frustration gave way to shock, fright, and then a pang of regret. “Shit, no, don’t-“ A hand reached halfway across the table before it closed and halted. It had been a long time since she’d had to handle a crying boy, and it being her fault wasn’t going to make it any easier. Trixie rushed from her side and across the table to Alec’s. He’d be the recipient of a Whimsicott’s hug; given her size, that meant she fell onto his body and stretching her stubby arms out.

Annie, on the other hand, took several seconds more to choose how to respond. “Listen, i-it’s fine. I overreacted. Don’t freak out, please.” For once, she looked to be at a loss, but even that wouldn’t last long. A resigned sigh preceded truths she rarely shared:

“I wasn’t trying to make you feel bad about it. The words just slipped out. I mean, I appreciate the compliment, but…” She bit her lip. So many words, and she couldn’t find the right ones to fix things.

“You live your life and I live mine. I’m sure there’s a lot of problems you have that I don’t even think about, and the other way around. That’s just how it goes sometimes.” She paused, her gaze trying to meet his – if he’d let it. “It’s cool. Honestly. You didn’t know. It’s not the kind of thing I run around telling people… And hey, if you didn’t notice then I must be doing something right, right?” A hollow chuckle escaped her.

“I’ve had a rough time, sure. But it’s taught me a lot. It made me strong, and I’m going to keep getting stronger. I’ve learned a lot, whether I wanted to or not, and I’ve made my own family along the way. You living your life isn’t disrespectful, as long as me living mine isn’t. It’s just… weird? Foreign? Yeah, foreign’s the word. A little hard to wrap my head around. And I can’t be the only one.”

The bell rang, forcing them to switch partners. A small part of Annie was glad she had to leave when the alternative was trying to salvage their shambles of a date. She flashed him an apologetic smile, beckoned for Trixie to hop off and took a half-step away from the table. "Sorry. I hope you feel better soon."

[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]