November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Whale of a Time [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 19:21:49 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

Ruby didn't quite realize Whisper had been able to achieve Mega-Evolution until after things had calmed down from the assault on Slateport, but ever since she realized what had occurred Ruby was simply in awe of Whisper's true potential, despite how brief. It was a no brainer that Ruby would immediately attempt and use this ability for good, helping the people of Slateport even more as much as she possibly could.

With Whisper standing by her side, standing at the edge of the beach, Ruby couldn't help but stare at the trio of Wailords that had beached themselves. How did they even get stuck here? Was it the currents? Were they too large to turn around in shallow waters before it was too late? Whatever the case, freeing up the beach and letting them get back to their peaceful lives was a definite priority. Nodding to herself, Ruby stepped barefoot out onto the sands. Wearing a simple one-piece swimsuit, just in case she got wet herself, Ruby held Whisper's hand as they walked down onto the beach.

"Um, hello?" Ruby called out, a bit unsure how she was supposed to go about this. Supposedly there were going to be other people here to help, or at the very least help direct her, but all she saw were other beach-goers with wide eyes, staring at the Wailords and now her as she approached. "... I'm uh, here to help!"

Notes: Mission

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Whale of a Time [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 19:42:54 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

It's not the first time he's assisted in transporting Wailord back to their ocean homes, and Orion's certain it won't be the last, but the ranger is nevertheless relieved to be far better equipped than the first time he'd attempted such a feat.[break][break]

His Noivern circles the beach, scouting for a good place to land. A perceptive beach-goer spots the airborne dragon and directs the attention of others nearby, eventually prompting the crowd to make room. Noivern's scarred wings catch the sunlight as they flare out to soften his landing, claws sinking into the sand.[break][break]

Dismounting, he keeps a bracing hand on the dragon's neck to keep it calm as he addresses a member of the crowd. "Orion Lykos, with the Rangers."[break][break]

After a moment of mumbling and shuffling, they direct him toward a young girl walking the beach with her Hatterene. There's no need for anyone to introduce him; he recognizes her immediately as Ruby Walker, Saint of Slateport and possibly the reason that his Swampert had survived.[break][break]

He offers Ruby a gentle smile.[break][break]

"Ruby, right? We've — never met, but I was at Slateport. I'm pretty sure you saved Schism's life." A flash of red reveals a now purple-skinned Swampert into the nearby surf, the grouchy mud fish grunting its displeasure at being woken. "And a lot of others, too. Sorry — m-my name's Orion. I just... thank you."[break][break]

That he'd come here for a reason beyond reliving the horrific tragedy of that night is momentarily forgotten in spite of Wailord shadows looming over them. His Noivern has returned to the skies, circling as it waits.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Whale of a Time [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 19:59:41 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby's eyes drifted to the sky as she watched the Noivern land. Of course, her first instinct is to assume that had arrived but she quickly shook off that notion. Fenrir wasn't that scarred, that was for sure. However, it is almost certainly someone important as the crowd parts for his arrival. Unsurprisingly, he was the individual she had been looking for. Managing to overhear his name from amongst the buzz of the crowd, Ruby quickly tucked that information into the back of her head.

She instinctively smiles back, only to rather quickly grow intensely flustered over the praise she was immediately rewarded with. It was one thing to just have Grace use Life Dew and heal everyone in the area, but it was another to actually meet the people that she had helped. A casual glance at the purple-colored Swampert confirmed everything. She remembered a Swampert too, though certainly not that color. When it all started she had dived behind one for cover... Perhaps she should have been thanking him.

It took her a few seconds to speak, her bright red cheeks paired with her flustered state finding it hard to respond. "I... Umm, y-yeah. I was just, doing what I could to help. People were hurting, and I couldn't do nothing, y-you know?" She nervously kicks her feet in the sand before suddenly an idea popped into her head. Quickly reaching into the bag she carried over her shoulder, she grabbed a Pokeball and sent out Grace the Gardevoir. True to her name, she gracefully landed atop the beach sands and glanced around slowly. Suitably blue in coloration ever since her over usage of Life Dew, she was perhaps even more recognizable than Whisper was to the crowd of people around. However, instead of bothering with the crowd, Grace simply half walked and half floated over towards the Swampert's side, to join the grumpy individual.

"S-so, umm-" Ruby pauses, trying to find the words to say to shake her away from the thoughts of New Years night. "I'm here to help! W-with the Wailords, that is. Whisper here can mega-evolve and... Yeah." Ever socially anxious, she looked up at him with a nervous expression.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Whale of a Time [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 21:24:19 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Ruby, it seems, is an incredibly nervous individual. Immediately Orion finds that he can relate to her, from the redness of her cheeks to the stammer in her tone. It puts him more at ease with his own discomforts to know that they are alike, at least in one way.[break][break]

"You did great," he encourages gently.[break][break]

He can't imagine how difficult it must be for someone so young — Orion's a grown man and he still wakes in the night with a cold sweat and the image of the lighthouse bomb burned into his mind's eye. Was she getting counselling? Arceus knew he should be.[break][break]

His lip twitches fondly as he watches Grace drift over to Schism, the Swampert seeming to come to some silent understanding with the psychic-type. Orion, at least, thinks he looks a little less tense with such a soothing presence.[break][break]

He nods as Ruby insists that she's here to help, more to reassure her than anything. "My Absol's capable of it, as well. Between the two of us we should have no trouble." There's a slight pause as he debates something. Not knowing she'd already overheard his introduction to the crowd, he says, "I'm with the Rangers; usually we're the ones who get sent out to deal with things like this, but I just wanted to say I appreciate that you're still out here trying to help." He rubs at the back of his neck, shy in his gratitude. "We've been stretched thin since New Years and it's always nice to see volunteers."[break][break]

With an awkward smile and red cheeks, he turns to release the rest of his party. His Delphox attracts the most attention with his unique coloration, though the dual-type seemed to care little for the stares.[break][break]

"This is Katas, Delphi, Circe, and Altair," he says, gesturing to the Absol, Espeon, Alakazam, and Delphox in turn. "Schism you know, and the Noivern," he gestures to the skies, "is Camazotz, but mostly I call him Cama. He's still a bit wary of people, but he'll help out if we need him." Orion doesn't intend to ask for that help unless desperate. The ranger in him, experienced with this sort of thing, manifests in a confidence that builds as he takes charge of the scene. "I'm thinking we split our Pokemon into three groups, one per Wailord. Whisper and Katas can do most of the heavy-lifting on their end. Dephi can lend a hand — paw — there. Al and Circe have telekinesis; do any of yours have similar capabilities? I'm thinking with a combined effort, they might be able to lift that smallest one back into the water."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Whale of a Time [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 21:53:21 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby simply smiled as he thanked her for coming to help out. It was all she felt like she could do, especially after going through so much. If she had the strength to do something and didn't, what would that say about her as a trainer? Even if she wasn't always strong enough, she could be. It was her duty to work hard to become as strong as she could until she could help everyone. With a simple nod, Ruby watched with wide eyes as he sent out his own full party. Of course, her eyes were naturally drawn to his choice of Pokemon. Primarily psychic types. Her eyes latched onto the Alakazam and Delphox especially, a hint of intense curiosity in her gaze.

The names were going to be hard to get memorized, but she tried her best to get it all down. The plan of splitting up made sense, but her Pokemon could certainly help as well. Feeling a bit more comfortable once they started to get to work, Ruby nodded and suddenly sent out the rest of her Pokemon. Darling the Indeedee was sent out first from her Pokeball, bowing politely towards Orion. "This is Darling! She's not super offensive, but her psychic abilities are sure to lend a helping hand."

Sending Bubbles and Opal at once, she grinned softly at the sight of them. Motioning towards her shiny Greninja, she spoke softly. "Bubbles here knows Extrasensory! So she's definitely able to help push! And Opal here is just really strong! So she can definitely help out!" Reaching into her bag for her last Pokeball, she honestly didn't quite remember who she had brought out. However at the sight of the other Espeon, Ruby immediately smiled. How could she forget? "Sakura is a relatively new addition to my team, but she can help too! A-and you've already met Whisper and Grace." She'd point to the two of them in sequence, Whisper standing quite proud by her trainer's side.

It seemed some of Ruby's pokemon were instinctively beginning to interact with his own. Bubbles simply glanced at Altair, giving them a simple nod, whereas Sakura immediately and curiously began to walk towards Delphi, intrigued seeing another member of its own kind. Regardless, Ruby's preference for psychic type Pokemon was pretty obvious, with the majority being Psychic.

"A-alright! Um, Just tell me where to start off and I'll do it! And I'll have my support Pokemon help yours!" Ruby instinctively grabbed the Mega-Accessory hanging around her neck, a simple charm necklace.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Whale of a Time [M]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 13:44:04 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Orion listens carefully as her Pokemon are introduced, noting not only their names but also their typing. He'd known that she used at least two psychic Pokemon during the raid, having spotted the Hatterene and the Gardevoir playing a major role in the survival of his own partners, but meeting the rest of her team further enforced that they had yet another thing in common. He puts a pin in that info for later, not wanting to divert from the task at hand until things were underway.[break][break]

His Pokemon respond to the curiosity of Ruby's in kind; Altair returns the nod, and Delphi seems intrigued to meet a member of her kin. She touches her nose to the other Espeon, flicking her forked tail in silent greeting.[break][break]

"All right. Katas, Delphi, Schism!" He whistles sharply to draw the attention of his Swampert, who nods his thanks to Grace before lumbering over to join Orion. "You three are going to tackle that one, there. Whisper, Darling, and Opal will take the other. They should all be used to working with one another, I imagine. That leaves Altair, Circe, Sakura, Bubbles, and Grace to tackle the third. If it looks like they're having trouble, I'll call Cama down to help."[break][break]

Dutifully, Orion's Pokemon line up in their indicated positions. Having heard the command as well, the Noivern swoops low and glides in tight circles above the beach. Once he's satisfied that everyone is ready, Orion reaches up and pulls out the pin on his lapel, mega keystone glinting in the sun. The stone buried in the fur at Katas' throat reacts to the sudden release of energy, and a dazzling light engulfs his Pokemon. Several gasps arise from the crowd; not everyone has witnessed mega-evolution first-hand, and Orion had certainly been in awe when he'd seen Lars' Metagross transform.[break][break]

[break][break]

Light fades, and the wing-like fur upon Absol's back ruffles in the breeze. With Swampert bracing its full weight against their Wailord, and Delphi standing by to lend him a helping hand, Katas powers himself up with a swords dance before slamming into the beached Pokemon at full speed.[break][break]

Meanwhile, Altair and Circe begin to channel their telekinetic powers, a haze of purple energy beginning to surround the smallest of the Wailord.[break][break]

Orion glances over at Ruby with an excited grin. "You like psychic types too, huh?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Whale of a Time [M]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2020 16:06:45 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby was glad to see that her pokemon seemed to get along well with his right away. Bubbles and Altair certainly seemed to like each other, despite having nothing but a simple nod between them. To get that much out of her alone was a good sign that Bubbles liked you. Regardless, as Orion gave her a few commands, Ruby simply nodded her head and directed her Pokemon to where they needed to be. Whisper, Darling and Opal all at one Wailord, and Bubbles, Sakura and Grace joining a few of his Pokemon at another.

Immediately they got to work, Whisper setting up with Calm Mind while Opal simply slammed her massive weight into the Wailord in an attempt to dislodge them from the sand before they got to work. Darling stood by Whisper, their teamwork already quite practiced. As soon as Ruby touched the cute stone around her necklace, Whisper began to change. Mega energy swirled around her before she appeared once again. Much larger in size, and with three tentacles instead of just one. Darling quickly used Helping Hand, the golden energy from the move surrounding Whisper as she unleashed a massive blast of Psychic energy at the Wailord.

Of course, the crowd around them seemed to react to the second Mega Evolution with just as much awe, and Ruby couldn't help but blush ever so softly. Being in the limelight absolutely was not her thing. In any case, Bubbles's Extrasensory was being helped by Sakura's own Helping Hand, and Grace was simply blasting away with Psychic of her own. She stood back for a moment, proud of her Pokemon.

When asked about her psychic type preference, Ruby couldn't help but sheepishly smile. This was the first time someone had really noticed. "Well, yeah. Of course! I love psychic type Pokemon. I just, really want to learn more about them. They're so cool in so many ways, each one is different than the last. Like..." She pointed to his Alakazam. "Alakazam. I don't have one yet, but I've heard they are super intelligent, almost like Slowking or Oranguru. It's one of like, umm..." She paused, trying to mentally count in her head for a few seconds. "One of 6 pokemon I still need before I have all of the psychic pokemon I can find."

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Whale of a Time [M]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 21:15:08 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Orion is in awe as he watches Ruby's Hatterene evolve; he might have seen a mega evolution before, but he's never seen this one. She's terrifying, awesome, and the councilman admires her for a long moment before remembering they have a job to do.[break][break]

Ruby indicates his Alakazam, and Orion shifts his gaze to the spoon-wielding Psychic-type as she maintains her TELEKINETIC hold.[break][break]

"She's a black market rescue." He had no idea what the Alakazam had went through before she was rescued, but she certainly possessed the intelligence Ruby referred to. "I'm still finding out everything she can do, but she's incredible."[break][break]

He knows Circe can hear him, smiles.[break][break]

"I've never really set out to acquire a collection, that's impressive. If I come across any of the ones you're missing, I'll be sure to give you a call."[break][break]

The air shimmers under the force of an ear-splitting BOOMBURST; Camazotz has swooped in of his own accord, the Noivern utilizing its incredible AGILITY to dive in and out of range in a heartbeat.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay