close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
Luvdisc on the rocks [Mission/Priam]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 1:16:03 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
Jet waited at the beach for his partner in crime and doppelganger Priam to arrive. The two were both tasked with catching a school of luvdisc that have been reported to have been caught under some rocks. Nothing more than a simple collection mission, other than the fact that Jet had to go out and get some scuba gear for him and his rocket partner. Luckily they didn't need to rent out a boat as Jet has his own transport pokemon to bring them out to their destination. His plucky Lapras would accommodate them both, that is if she didn't get any notions and leave them stranded. For now though Jet was impateintly tapping his foot on the sand. It was very early in the morning, the only light was from the moon and the lighthouse in the distance. Jet wanted to do the operation under the shroud of darkness since it was pretty shady behavior. Now if only Priam would hurry up!
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 15:58:50 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
ever since the shift in rocket's leadership, priam has been finding himself doing lesser jobs during the graveyard shift hours, having been repurposed as an errand boy for the current projects. his sleep schedule tanked, and waking up at dangerous hours started to suddenly turn difficult. fortunately, he still wakes up.

"good morning!" priam greets from afar as he nears jet. saying good morning when the sun wasn't out yet felt weird though. "or is it evening...? night?" he grumbles. "never mind."

he notices the scuba gear by jet. his eyes shift from the gear, and then to his partner. he grins at the gesture before he takes off his sandals as he trots over to where he was.

"ah, see? this is why you're the best partner for these kinds of missions."

as he wears the gear, he starts chatting up his partner for small talk. "so, did ya get breaky yet or somethin'? i just learned that strawberries go well with pancakes the other day." priam already gets distracted, clearly missing working with someone his age that doesn't have that sort of edge that priam can't wrap his head around.

close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 21:54:53 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
"Its moring... Early... early morning." With a sigh and a yawn inbetween ever word one would assume Jet sounded resentful for having to do this kind if job. Or just working with the rockets in general! But nah, who would hate being strong armed into doing the mafia's dirty work?

The only glimmer of light in this situation, other than the big ass lighthouse in the distance, was that Priam was good craic. Even when he was being dumb he was living things up and causing at least some enjoyment through the dull missions. He was a good partner in that sense. In every other he was pretty terrible. "I just got you the gear cause I knew you'd forget. But yeah, I am the best." Smirking slightly as he turned around and got into his own scuba stuff he climbed onto his Lapras Meadbh. "Next time you'reskinny dipping." Now obviosuly Jet meant that he wasn't going to be getting his blue haired partner the gear needed for the next mission but of course he said it in a way that could be totally misconstrued.

"Aw man, don't tell me you haven't eatten yet?" With an annoyed tone he asked his partner, giving him a disappointed look. Jet was never one for small talk so when it was staring him in the face it was hard to recognise. He glanced to his phone quickly. Maybe a diner was open? "If you're starving then we can go get something quick. Really though we ahould get this over with then eat, alright?" he was going to leave the choice up to him. Jet really wanted to just get this over with but at the same time didn't want his friend dying while out in the midsion. Boy being a tough guy was tough! Where was the line he could cross?!
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 16:17:32 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he follows jet to his lapras, fitting the last of the scuba suit gear to his person as he joins him on the transport pokemon. "lookin' for an excuse to see me naked? just ask me next time," he jests, snickering.

he sits on the lapras' shell, playing with the pokeball of his own water-type-- something he'd need later, but not now. a lapras was much more comfortable than a samurott anyways. priam waits in this position until they reach their destination.

"i'll survive," he responds in regards to breakfast. a yawn disrupts him from the rest of the statement. "besides, this is a time sensitive thing. can't be wasting any second!" priam says when he arrived at their meeting place late.

still, the topic of breakfast keeps his train of thought anchored on it.

"for getting my gear for me, i'll treat ya after this!" he offers with a grin. "better make it count and choose somewhere good. hah! i'm so generous."

close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 16:33:36 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
Thankfully the snorkel and goggles hid the boys blush as Priam teased him. "Wow, saying you'd strip for me. K-Kinda forward don't ya think?" Aside from the stutter towars the end which showed how Jet's nerves were acting up, he was hoping to seem calm in the face of the obvious flirting his partner was going after. As for the offer, well it probably was best to keep it stashed away in case of emergencies.

And speaking of emergencies, Priam knew that time was fairly important to this mission and also wanted to go through with it asap, even offering to pay for the breakfast. Well after this they were gonna go to the fanciest place in town! For no other reason than for Priam to waste his money.

Back to the matter at hand though, once the rockets were ready, Lapras would shimmy from the beach onto the waves and begin to swim out to the rocky cliff side just a little ways east of the lighthouse. Word was that just underneath it was an underwater cave. Some experts say that it was because of the snow and ice that cause some of said cave to collapse in on itself, trapping the smaller pokemon within.

Once the two were a couple of meters from the rocks, Jet would signal for Meadbh to stop. "Okay, we have about an hour to jump in, get as many luvdisc as we can then get out. Meadbh here will be our decoy in case any Rangers notice us. And as for the luvdisc, we'll need to break our way into the cave so we can even get in, so that's where you come in. I'll try and catch any stragglers that get out but there still should be some still in the cave we can catch afterwards. That'll take up the majority of our time. Oh and it doesn't matter if we get them all. Once the hour is up we're out of here. Could only afford so much oxygen." Once he was finished giving Priam the run down he placed the breathing aparatus into his mouth. He gave his partner the ok hand sign and fell backwards into the black sea below.

The water was ice cold, even with the help of the wet suit. Thankfully the waves were calm and offered little to no force behind them. Once the other blue haired rocket jumped in after him Jet would lead the way to the cave, the light from his googles illuminating their path. The cave in question was almost unrecognizable in comparison to the other rocks that surrounded it. The only distinguishable feature was the small flecks of pink in the crevasses of the wall. Now it was up to Priam. Jet swam ready with the many pokeballs given o him by one of the higher ups, ready to snag as many innocent pokemon as he could.
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 19:56:23 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam claps his hands as jet finishes his overview. "planning all of that on top of getting my gear too? i should request for you as a partner more often." he basically has to do little preparations, something that wasn't in his nature, that he feels elated.

he takes his samurott out, releasing it on the cold, dark abyss of the waters below. the lapras has its role, and the samurott has his.

priam follows jet into the depths. diving in the deep waters still was a new concept for him, having only experienced it a handful of times before. then again, a job's a job and he can't complain about anything that nets him money.

his samurott eventually swims past jet, priam holding onto it as it takes the lead. it locks on to the target in front of it and navigates through the water for it. it stops midway before it reaches them, however, as its head swivels to the side. priam assumes it detected something.

the rocket holds a fist up, signalling jet to stop as they identify the unknown. he points the light on his own goggles at its direction.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 5:20:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
kabutops

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male/female - battle armor[break]
slash / aqua jet / night slash / giga drain / rapid spin / screech

PRIAM IS NOT THE ONLY ONE STARVING. the kabutops sharpens its 'knives.' with terrifying speeds, this prehistoric predatory jets forth, brandishing blades to feast upon your flesh.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&
close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 13:46:49 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
Jet just jumped into the water rather than reply to Priam's compliment. It was easier this way. Although to say Jet organised everything clearly wasn't true since the other blue haired rocket brought his own water pokemon who would hopefully prove to be useful.

Once they were in the dark waters things seemed to be going well. Jet trailed behind Priam and his Sammarout, everything going fine for the most part, until the sudden stop. With a confused look that was totally obstructed by the scuba gear, a pokemon with incredibly sharp claws came swimming towards the two with incredible speed! Jet was going to try and swim out of the way but the pokemon had a plan for that. It had managed to get inbetween the two rockets and used rapid spin! On land the move wasn't too great aside from a niche use, but underwater it was going to be far worse. The speed of it's spinning caused a small whirpool to be whipped up that began to suck Jet in! He didn't have the strength to swim out of it! He didn't have a pokemon on him that could do all the swimming for him!

Then panic began to set in as he patted all over his to try and find something that could help him in this situation. Thankfully Jet had made sure to bring more than the one water type with him but was having a hard time getting the pokeball into his hand. Eventually when the Kabutops stopped it's attack and was in range to slash Jet, his hand met with what he needed! In a flash if red light a small Carvanha emerged and went to bite the Kabutops's claw with a hard crunch! But despite the fish's best efforts, the foe had another claw and it Slashed at Jet! Now that the whirpool had subsided Jet managed to kick himself far enough away so that he wasn't diced in two. Still, the rock type managed to clip his ankle and flipper, causing a small leakage of blood to colour the dark water. Now Jet was pretty worried for himself, so worried that he wasn't paying too much attention to what Priam was doing. Everything had happened so fast that he wasn't going to worry about his partner who was better off with his bigger water type. Now that the Kabutops had stopped it's rapid spinning it would be much easier to deal with!
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 17:30:15 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the moment bought by the carvanha gave priam's own pokemon to power up with swords dance. he thought it was a bad decision as he sees the kabutops easily overpower the other pokemon.

priam gives his samurott a pat on the back to give it the go signal to attack.

the samurott brings out its seamitar when it rushes in with aqua jet. it uses its weapon's broadside against the kabutops' scythes to shield himself from it as it pushes the pokemon away from the rocket grunts to a much more open area for a battle.

the kabutops opens with a swing after parrying the samurott's weapon with a scythe, aiming a night slash on the water-type's side. his pokemon winces at the pain before it bashes its weapon with overwhelming force at the kabutops for its revenge, pushing it further away from them.

it gives priam enough time to swim over to jet and shows an open palm to offer to take over the mission with the number of pokeballs jet has with him. it is followed up with another finger pointing up to the surface, and then to his wound.

he wasn't good with non-verbal communication, but he was pretty proud of what he attempted.

close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 12:21:58 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
Without much room to argue Jet nodded and handed priam the small bag of pokeballs at his waist. Afterwards he would swim back to the surface to meet with his lapras. Upon seeing her trainer Meadbh simply rolled her eyes and shook her head disapprovingly. Wonder where she got that habit from? Well her smug look soon turn once she saw the flow of red that followed Jet as he swam to her. After getting out of the water Ket immediately felt the sting of his cut. It wasn't deep enough to make him bleed out but even when he was applying pressure to the wound blood still trickled out. Woth a concerned cry Meadbh turned her head around, a small blue light formed at the top of her horn which then shot a small jet of water at Jet's wound. Thankfully his paon subsided even though he was still bleeding. Without saying a word though Jet tried to get a good look underwater to see what was happening.

As it turned out his Carvanah was still fighting the Kabutops. After it was knocked off it's claw the fish used aqua jet to get in close once more but opted for a different biting move to put the fossil back on ice. Once it's teeth met with it's claw again, the area around the Kabutops began to freeze, eventually covering the creature until it was totally frozen. Hopefully that would be enough to keep it out of Priam's hair for now so he could finish the mission.
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 18:03:39 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam starts to wonder how much a kabutops is worth in the market and then compares it with the luvdiscs. he tries to do the math, realizes that he cannot do math at all, and then gives up.

his samurott joins the carvanha in bullying the frozen kabutops, further encasing it in ice with its ice beam.

priam does the job, makes sure that each pokemon were safely secured, and then gets his samurott to bring him back up to the surface. there, he meets jet and his lapras once more.

"pah!" the breathing apparatus is spat out of his mouth, though it remains attached to his person. "tada! i gotchu this gift!" priam brings up an unfastened belt with a bunch of pokeballs attached to it, all of them containing their target.

he flashes a grin at his mission partner. "job's done! i want food now!" he swims towards the lapras and gets on it, recalling his samurott to its ball once he's on the other water-type. his samurott was nice, but it's just that riding a lapras was nicer.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 2:21:27 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy,
dewpider (jet) + rotom-wash (priam)
[break]