laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
butterflies [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 23:09:08 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","florian"]

Florian's night has been going well thus far. Most of his earlier anxieties have faded away; he's had two wonderful conversations with two wonderful people, and the dessert that's been placed in front of him is really good.[break][break]

Of course, he nearly chokes on it when he spots a way-too-familiar face. Approaching his table.[break][break]

His reasons for downing an entire bottle of water in the next few seconds are two-fold: one, it stops him from choking to death! And two, it gives him an excuse to gather himself because I didn't think he'd be here![break][break]

Is it... jealousy that he feels?[break][break]

Red as a cheri berry, he runs an anxious hand through his hair, mussing it. "A-Alexei!" He's suddenly very self-conscious. Does he have any food on his face? Does his hair still look all right? It's hard to breathe. "I didn't know you were here!"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.florian b]font-weight:bold;color:#5c85d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
butterflies [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 18:45:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
"Fourteen, fourteen... table number fourteen..."

Alexei had been given a piece of paper that had just the table assignment, and Arceus, was it really that far from the table he had shared with Miss Jesse? Snaking around other unoccupied tables, he continued to eye table place numbers as he kept muttering under his breath.

Where in Arceus's name was the danged table?!

Once he saw he had passed table #12 he knew he was on the right track. Oh, the surprise on his face became all the more evident as he saw just who awaited him at table #14!

His ears then began to burn a very hot shade of red, and he felt a rising color blushing his cheeks too. Holy. Freaking. Shit.

His next speed dating partner was Florian.

He then proceeded to hide the bottom half of his face under his scarf, because oh holy hellballs he was blushing to all manner of indecent hell! Coughing slightly, he then took the seat opposite the blonde man's, before the bleating noise of the two Wooloo following him around snapped him out of his blushing mind.

"F-fancy m-meeting you here," he began as a way of breaking the ice. What were they going to talk about?!

Hold it in, Alex!

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
butterflies [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 19:08:08 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

There are so many butterflies filling up his stomach that there won't be any room for his dessert! He ducks his head, uncharacteristically shy when he catches the reddened ears and blushing cheeks of his friend date.[break][break]

He'd signed up for 'platonic only', but the reason for such hesitations was now sitting across from him.[break][break]

"Allo, William," Florian says fondly of the Wooloo, leaning down to give it a pat. Joli offers his own friendly chirp from his position in Florian's lap. "Ah, who's the little black sheep?"[break][break]

He chuckles nervously at the comment, rubbing the back of his neck.[break][break]

"H-Haha, yeah, who'd have thought?" Certainly not Florian. He'd kind of hoped Alexei was... well, it was a naive hope, wasn't it, to hope he wasn't looking? Florian was known for being forward when he decided he liked someone, but the other man seemed so shy that he didn't want to scare him off! Doing his best to test the waters without being completely obvious, he asks, "Have you been having fun so far? Met many people? I-I came in late, so I'm a bit behind."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
butterflies [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 19:38:28 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
Thankfully, Florian noticed the black-wooled Wooloo and he grabs onto the straw, if but to keep up some conversation.

"Found him completely by chance when I went into the Safari Zone last month. You know how much of a massive derpface Will here is, right? Well this black-wooled child is proving to be interesting. He's much more mature, if you may..."

Being familiar with the blonde-haired man, William practically rolled his way over and bumped against Florian's leg in greeting, letting out a content bleating noise. The black-wooled one, however, could only shake his head at William's affectionate gestures.

"...and he's also a little too serious compared to Will here," he added with an equally sheepish smile as he dug around his pockets and found the tiny little crown.

"Will, come here, you're missing something," Alex called out, and the white-wooled Wooloo rolled back in his direction. A few moments later, the jaunty little crown was secured on its normal perch.

It wasn't until much later did he realize Florian had asked him about his encounters so far. Thankfully, this allowed Alexei to sink onto the table into a tired sort of flopping gesture.

"First one was an utter disaster. Second one... I'm still internally screaming I wasn't able to get his autograph because it took me a while to realize he sang that song! Third one was a nice lady. Looked a bit young to me, though," he remarked as he commented about his dates in turn.

"How about you?"

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
butterflies [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 20:31:33 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"The Safari seems to house many strange-coloured Pokemon!" He's visited a couple times now, and each time had come across at least one in particular. "I found my Borealis there as well."[break][break]

Perhaps Alexei would remember the graceful ice fox from the Winter Ball, where Florian had sent her out to aid in the excavation efforts.[break][break]

Was it bad to find relief in the other's dates not going to well? With the exception of the second, during the explanation of which Florian feels his jealousy rear up again, it seemed like he'd swooped in at an opportune time.[break][break]

When he's asked of his own experiences, his cheeks turn pink.[break][break]

"Oh, um." Arceus, how to make this sound less like he was fangirling? "W-Well, I met Dawn Grandier. He's really famous in the coordination scene and he was super nice. Then I had a lovely conversation with... Kazimir, was his name. He asked my advice about fairy-types, mostly."[break][break]

The back of his neck feels as if it's on fire. He is a forward, direct individual, and if he doesn't spit it out in the next couple minutes, someone else is going to have their chance to sweep the young gym leader off his feet.[break][break]

"I signed up to this to make friends, but that was when I did not know you would be here." He's blushing like mad, but he's sure to meet Alexei's gaze. Forward, direct. He's done this before. Ignore the fact that his previous relationships have not ended well. "We are already friends. But that is not the only reason people come here, no?"[break][break]

He'll be more direct if he has to, but he hopes that his words in combination with his anxious smile convey the hint while still leaving Alexei plenty of room to derail the conversation if he's not interested.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
butterflies [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 4:54:45 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
"Oooh. Yes, I remember Borealis. Very pretty Ninetales. Although a variant? I have the yellow-furred one. But I know the shiny version of the yellow-furred one is purple and... oof, jealous," Alexei remarked, his mind flashing back to the Winter Ball.

While he was still flopped over, he heard Florian's exclamations of his dates... and for the same reason... he felt an ugly writhing in his gut. Now, normally he did not get jealous, but since this is Florian... can you blame him if the squirming feeling made him get up from his hunched position to pick up the spoon and take a few scoops of the dessert in front of them.

"They sound... lovely, your dates," he remarked. Although deep inside he was getting rather jealous, he decided to keep his mouth shut...

...at least until Florian soldiered on.

Thr blush on Alexei's face intensified as the blonde went on, and if the floor could swallow him up right then and there due to extreme embarrassment, he would have willed it to be so.

"Y-yes... not just... for f-f-friends," he stammered out, the blush deepening on his face.

Don't blow it, Alex!

If Florian was implying what he was implying, then that was a big, fat...

"I-I-I would love to... talk more... about you. Ab...about u-u-us...?"

The hope was in the air! Was he reading everything right?!?!?!?!

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
butterflies [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 18:20:01 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

There's a certain hesitation in Alexei's voice when he makes a comment on Florian's 'dates', and the young professor doesn't want to jump the gun in making any assumptions for what it might mean.[break][break]

Instead, he simply presses on until his point is made, burning cheeks and all, and reaches for his bottle of water like a lifeline — it's empty, of course, from earlier, and it crinkles in his grip. He wants to look away, lest the second-hand embarrassment from Alexei's flushed cheeks eat him alive, but he forces himself to maintain eye contact and his gentle smile does not falter.[break][break]

Florian laughs softly, part relief and part release of tension when Alexei finally stammers out a response.[break][break]

"Good!" he gushes, excited. He laughs again, ducks his head. "That's — great, yes, I-I'd love to—"[break][break]

Ding![break][break]

His giddy expression quickly gives way to surprised annoyance: how were you supposed to get anything done on these stupid dates if they didn't give you enough time to offer much beyond a name and an expression of interest?[break][break]

Brushing it off, he smiles at Alexei and reaches across the table to squeeze his hand. His heart flutters like a trapped bird. "I will meet you outside, once this is over, no? Then we can talk. About everything."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
butterflies [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 21:10:47 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
If it was possible to die due to extreme blushing, Alexei here would have done so several hundred times over.

Just as he was about to say something, the buzzing noise went off--did time really have to go so fast?! Damn it! It was already over?!

"I-I mean, that's... wh-why it's called speed dating, r-r-right?" he managed to stammer, feeling a reassuring pressure as his hand was squeezed.

The two Wooloo were watching the whole thing, blinking up at the two men. The crowned Wooloo then walked over to where Florian was and began nipping the hemline of his jeans, wanting more affectionate headscratches.

The black-wooled Wooloo could only shake his head in sheer embarrassment at what his fellow Pokémon was doing.

Alexei, on the other hand, was still red as the inside of a Tamato berry, words failing him. He just nodded at Florian's suggestion, still unable to look away from the other man.

Dang it. Why did their time have to be over so soon?!