part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
staredown between two worlds [research]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 23:14:45 GMT
shiv Avatar

STAREDOWN BETWEEN 2 WORLDS

KIM'S RESEARCH THREAD

AS KIM MOVES IN DEEPER, the figures begin to writhe toward the councilman with increased fervor. Should the man pay closer attention, he would notice that they twist in unnatural ways. Limbs twist around in seductive arcs before finding themselves in angles suggesting broken bones or deathly contortions.

Their ghostly catcalls rise into the hallowed tomb room and turn into a chorus of shrieks. When the councilman arrives at the end of the gauntlet, the womanly figures lose their humanoid illusions. Cofagrigus snarl before their bodies are sucked back inside their cases. Doors slam shut with rib-breaking clamor. The impact is enough to scatter dust from the walls.

"there it is, there it is!" hoopa says excitedly. hovering around it, the creature dares not touch it. "okay all you need to do is open that bottle for me. open it, and i'll get you back home safe. maybe i can save even a few of your friends too," the imp snickers, referring to the expedition party kim had come with.

the dusty shaft of light frames the bottle's ornate construction. six golden rings hug its circular body and in the center is a hole. the bottle lacks scent— but it does seem to possess an alluring energy inside.

, please respond with kim's actions (no need to roll). afterward, post in research threads for the next stage of your thread.

[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon hoopa"]

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 4:26:27 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
A slackened wrist shoos away any dust that blows near his face, Kim’s expression a little disheartened by the figure's reactions- the councilman still pleased that the outcome had not been him being sucked into the coffins with them.

Can’t win ‘em all.” He whispers to himself with a calm smile.

By the time the imp had begun talking, Kim had already started nearing the bottle, eyeing the decanter in silence. Though as word of his party reaches his ears, Kim is frozen in place.

Of course he figured this moment to be pivotal to his escape, but to include lives other than his and his pokemon’s was a step he had not planned for.

...So… alongside me, you trapped them here too?

He gives a light and cheerful hum, eyeing the bottle quietly.

Let’s make one more deal-

Of course, the odds were not in his favor- he had no real control over the situation at the current moment after all- but Kim being the man he was, was not one to shy away from an opportunity to gain more than he was originally promised.

Truth be told, I’m still not fully trusting of you, and from the looks of everything up until this point, it seems this is not a job you can tackle without the help of another; so from my point of view, you need me and I need you, whether either of us like it or not. So...

His arms fold over his chest.

I want the insurance of the lives of those expeditionist who traveled alongside me. I want to see them in safety before I so much as touch that bottle.” He releases a Kirlia, the pokemon instantly Syncronizing with the Hoopa. “She’ll be my eyes and once she sees they’re safe I’ll pick up that bottle and do whatever you want me to do with it. Deal?

-----

Once the deal had been made and his demands catered to, Kim nears the bottle and takes hold of it, popping the top with little to no hesitation.

Fucked if he does, fucked if he doesn’t, why even bother dwelling on it any further.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 6:24:21 GMT
shiv Avatar

KIM'S RESEARCH THREAD

"hahaha, so romantic! i always knew you were a ladies man, but a pokemon wooer too?" hoopa cackles, doubling over, the weight of its head forcing it to somersault in the air. "people are imprisoned for that!"

a ring shoots out from one of its curved horns. it suspends itself in midair before expanding suddenly with a pulse of power.

"no need for your kirlia. see for yourself."

the hoopa peers behind the floating ring, the hollow circumference filling in with a scene. like a mirror, it reveals the expeditionists, safe and sound in some shaded desert cave. beside the lost group, a ring opens up, providing them with food. water.

the deal is made.

when opens the bottle, the whole tomb shakes. a purple mist expels itself from the vessel and smothers the hoopa before expanding into a gargantuan cloud. within this storming miasma, a terrifying behemoth relishes in its newfound power, cackling as all six of its arms rise in revelry. the pokemon is absolutely massive, and if it were not for this tomb's high ceilings, the hoopa would have undoubtedly burst through the old stone walls.

"thank you." the hoopa's voice has deepened to a heart-dropping bass. "be not afraid. i have taken a liking to you... even if i could squash you like a locust right here right now."

the purple smoke siphons into the unbound hoopa's nostrils as it breathes. a sharp beard points downward to an endless void carved within its chest. nearby, the hoop featuring 's expedition group continues to hover; the group is busy consuming their ring-given rations.

"your world is about to plunge into utter turmoil, councilman. i have the power to keep you and your loved ones safe. should you house me in one of your pokeballs, i can bestow my power onto you on three conditions."

the hoopa raises three fingers on three floating hands.

"one: you and your bloodline shall possess my powers indefinitely— no one else. two: if i utter the phrase, 'unbind me,' you will destroy the bottle that you currently possess within your hands. three: you will forget that this agreement has ever been made. what is your choice?"

, please respond with kim's actions (no need to roll). afterward, post in research threads for the next stage of your thread.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-kirlia"]

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 20:25:55 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Pulling his head back from the bottle, Kim moves to cover his mouth with his free hand while lifting the decanter overhead, turing to the Hoopa as the it is engulfed in the fog.

As the murk clears and the Hoopa makes its newfound power known, the Kirlia and Gothoria step before their trainer, preparing to counter when the Hoopa spoke of crushing Kim where he stood.

Though his facade is calm, he cannot halt his heart from beating a mile a minute, the councilman’s words caught in his throat as the Hoopa speaks its piece. But slowly and steadily his heart evens out, the words the pokemon spoke reassuring yet also damning.

Silence is what he intends to offer, the councilman thinking to take a moment to mull over the choice- but much to his surprise, his body is more willing than his mind.

Deal.

He utters from his lips much to the surprise of himself and the pokemon protecting him.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 4:29:10 GMT
shiv Avatar

KIM'S RESEARCH THREAD

"then it has been settled!" cackling, the hoopa swells upwards like a triumphant storm.

rings scatter in midst the mist. like spectres, pokemon shriek as they dart out from ring to ring, teleported from places unseen before traversing to the next. pidgey, emboar, zarude. the species seen are countless in their isolated streams.

the prison bottle grows cold in 's hand. from its dramatic height, the hoopa dives in close, its heavy breath a gale that brushes the councilman's hair backward.

like a suitor meeting his would-be bride, hoopa pulls kim's palm above the open mouth of the bottle. a sharp nail cuts across the flesh and draws blood. beautiful ruby droplets fall into the bottle and with a damning knell, the lid seals itself with a shake. miraculously, 's cut flesh seals itself. no scars.

"treasure the gift i am about to bestow unto you! but don't blame me, should you regret it." hoopa laughs, its broad chest heaving like powerful drums. "not like you would remember anyway!"

the smoke swirls and engulfs both kim and his kirlia. it slides into their ears, their mouths. their eyeducts water as the body is imbued with incredible power... lethean smoke. then nothingness.

[attr="class","chosen"]YOU ARE WORTHY
[attr="class","chosen2"]
hoopa confined has chosen , the trickster, as their avatar.[break]

kim receives the following perks:

• kim receives 10 infamy.
  • kim can summon MULTIPLE RINGS that allow him and his pokemon to TELEPORT to any visible location; however, should kim desire to teleport somewhere else entirely, he may do so once per thread to a place he has been before.
  • kim has unlimited access at anytime to his PERSONAL COMPUTER'S POKEMON thanks to his rings.
  • at least once a thread, kim's player can roll on discord (!r 1d898) and tag to summon a random pokemon from a ring. this pokemon may or may not be modded by , depending on the summoned pokemon.
  • kim can summon a mist of perfume/cologne. it has no effects other than smelling good.
  • feel free to add HOOPA CONFINED to your party and choose its moves like a gachapon pokemon.

when kim comes to, he would see the tiny hoopa waving at the expedition group on the other side of the ring. his kirlia, the pokemon on his person (should they be cognizant of what is occurring out of their balls), and kim, himself, would have no recollection of the deal or the hoopa's alternate form. the only thing he remembers is hoopa bestowing its powers unto him....

the hoopa beckons kim through the ring, and as they leave the tomb, both leave with treasures otherworldly.

, please post in research threads if you would like to archive the thread. as a note, this is set before the events of pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/17855/raid-staircase-schisms.