played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
terrible punchline [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 0:01:26 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Annie’s head was pressed against the table. Her first ‘date’ has been tense at best, but the second had shattered her worldview. What should have been a perky child had a near visible aura of melancholy. At the very least, she didn’t seem to be crying, or even holding back tears – just motionless and terribly quiet.

In the mental absence of her trainer, it fell to Trixie to beckon, with waving arms and calls, somebody – anybody – to the table, in between trying and failing to lift the girl’s head up. Surely, a black and white Whimsicott would steal somebody’s attention eventually, regardless of whether or not they were the right person.

[attr="class","tag"]@lavone

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
terrible punchline [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 5:36:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
With the sudden departure of Conrad, Lavone admires the gift that he left him, cheerfully voicing “Neat.” before pocketing the treasure.

Once the rat tail was properly secured he gave a look back to the table to see if the Yungoos had been a good boy and sat still. Ofcourse, it had not, the pokemon’s hunger unrelenting as it staked out its next meal, a Whimsicott that had brought attention to itself.

For a second, Lavone simply watched, rooting for the success of his partner, before realizing that it was unlikely that wild pokemon would be in the area, soon spotting the owner of said Whimsicott, forlorn and seemingly distraught. The last thing she needed was for her pokemon to be eaten.

So, as the Yungoos lunged at the cotton ball, Lavone intervened, catching the rodent mid-flight and pulling it into his embrace, gently petting the pokemon.

You look sad. What’s up with that? Lost a game of checkers? Stood up on your big day? Ooooooh, did your estranged sister decide to move in and take the attention of all your peers for herself?

He takes a seat, setting the Yungoos in his lap and patting the table gently.

Please tell me the last one is true.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
terrible punchline [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 20:34:11 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]There was a moment, perhaps too late, when Trixie realised she might not have made a friend. And yet, she made no attempt to move of defend herself. Whether it was overconfidence, foolishness or an oblivious nature that kept her from fleeing wold have to be discovered another day, thanks to the trainer’s intervention.

“Worse,” Annie said into the table. Suddenly she sat upright, her eyes burning with misguided passion. “My parents pranked me. My name is anime. Anime!” She threw her arms up. Every word after that was accompanied by wild gesturing. “It’s been fifteen years, and I didn’t even realise until that other guy told me! How am I supposed to go through life knowing that my name is just… a punchline? And a really bad one, too!”

The girl slammed a palm against the table. Trixie imitated her, except her stubs could barely reach halfway down her torso, let alone onto the table. “Was this a set-up? Were they sending me a message?”

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
terrible punchline [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 5:35:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Haha, I don't get it." He says with a cheerful and dumbfounded smile. "Your name is nice, I think it suits you.

Placing his hands on the table, the Yungoos does the same, holding up it's upper body as it hungrily stared at the Whimsicott, slobber dripping onto the table from clenched teeth.

"My name's Lavone Falk, nice to meet you Annie Mei."

He figured since she had given her full name that it was only right to give his.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
terrible punchline [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 15:18:55 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]“Huh? Really?” Just like that, despair fled from her fair, replaced by a doubting glare, and a second later, an overjoyed grin. “Phew! Alright, for a little bit I was worried that nobody would take me seriously.” Trixie breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of a trainer revitalized, plopping her bottom onto the table. The Yungoos’ stare, it seemed, would go unacknowledged for a little longer.

“Nice to meet you too, Mister Lavone! That’s a pretty name, and I’m not just saying that because you said it about mine. It doesn’t sound like it’s from Kanto, right?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
terrible punchline [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 3:45:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He had never said her name was pretty, he only said it suited her, but he felt as if stating this would upset her- and she seemed to be in a good mood.

"No, I've never been from Kanto, but my Yanma is from there."

He looked around left and right before leaning in, waving for her to get closer.

"My dad smuggled her into Galar for me when I was a kid."

The man chuckled before reeling back.

"She and this fella are part of the reason I'm here actually."

He gestured to the Yungoos with his eyes, pulling it into his arms and giving him a tickle- the pokemon hungrily eyeing the Cottonee as he did, pushing it's trainers fingers away from itself.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
terrible punchline [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 7:45:08 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Annie leaned in, providing the perfect opportunity for Trixie to climb onto her shoulder, and then atop her head. “Oh, right, the embargo. Yeah, that was always really weird to me. You guys lived in a world without Bidoof for so long. That sounds pretty rough to me. I’m glad your dad got you a cool Pokemon, but you probably don’t have to whisper about it anymore. It’s not like I’m going to take it away, right?” She leaned back into her seat, her smile as strong as ever. Old crimes, it seemed, didn’t bother her that much.

The bell rang, summoning them to another table. Annie’s eyes widened again, if only for a second. “Already? Alright, alright, quickly! Tell me your backstory, and it better not be tragic!” Trixie punctuated the demand with a cheer, raising her stubs up again. There was a good chance that the cotton ball took any show of energy as a cue to get excited. Maybe the Yungoos would jump in, or show anything other than its resting predator stare.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
terrible punchline [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 4:45:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Yea but secrets are fun to share, don’t you think?

He smiled sweetly, but suddenly reeled back in surprise, startled momentarily when she demanded his backstory.

Oh, uh! I’m originally from Stow-on-Side in Galar but I actually lived most of my life in the wild area. I guess as a kid I just didn’t like civilization. My pokemon were always with me though so I didn’t die, as you can see. I spent every day going on adventures and exploring with them leading the way, y’know, the norm. The last thing I can remember was following my Yanma into a cave and sleeping there for the night, then when I woke up I was just sorta… here.

He goes silent for a few seconds, tapping his chin inquisitively before shrugging and continuing on.

What about you, what's yo-

Before he could even finish his sentence,  the seats began to shuffle. 

"Oh, well... maybe we can talk later?"