played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Speedy Speed Boy
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 20:43:11 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]
Few trainers were expected to stumble into the cave in the dead of night, and any wild Pokemon would know better than to interfere with the makeshift racetrack. That made the cavern as good as place as any for what promised to be a few minutes of chaos.

Six trainers were lined up to race that night, each pair representing one of Hoenn’s wannabe racing kings. The Blitz Bolts were there, represented by a Manectric, Luxray and their trainers. Nightshade had sent a Weavile and Salazzle as their bid, though their trainers were already bickering about their strategy.

And then there was Annie. At least five years younger than each of the other participants, but no less familiar with getting her hands in shady business. If her size and age didn’t catch stray eyes, then maybe her Galarian Rapidash would. Or the fact that she had chosen to ride her racer. Or that she seemed to be without a partner, though she’d insist to anybody that asked that they were on their way. Hopefully.

Truthfully, she had no clue. The other racer was likely in the same boat as her – a League-sponsored plant in need of some fast cash. Racing wasn’t exactly her specialty, but she knew few Pokemon that could outdo Celeste in a race, and they’d spent plenty of time training together in the Safari Zone. What was the worst that could happen, besides everything?

[attr="class","tag"]@day

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Speedy Speed Boy
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 22:38:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Finding my place

0000 WORDS ■ ■ Let's Kick Ass

in the world

Jason had been slightly late to meet his partner in this risky but well rewarded undercover operation. He had a good enough excuse for it however. He had been scoping the crowd and had planted Nocta as their invisible surveilance. He also had been told that his partner had a Galarian Rapidash, which was easy enough to identify. The pokemon was magnificent as he drew closer to the race track, silently releasing Hades from his pokeball. The Absol fell calmly in line with his trainer and a lot of heads turned and whispers spread. Afterall, he was a trainer clad in black leather jacket, jeans and combat boots accompanied by the "Disaster Pokemon".[break][break]

Jason paid no mind to the whispers. This was the effect he was going for. Off-putting and meaning business. "Come on, don't be like this girl. You could use a better partner than the loser that stood you up!" Jason heard one guy suggest loudly to the girl as he approached. He reached a hand out and tapped the guy on the shoulder briefly before it retreated back to his pocket. "Sorry mate, but her partner is me." He said with a cool look on his face. The guy turned around with an annoyed grunt, ready to tell Jason to piss off, but he quickly changed his mind when he noticed the glowing red eyes of the Absol standing next to Jason.So with another huff and a dismissive wave of his hand, the man took off trying to save as much face as possible.[break][break]

Now being able to take a better look at his partner in this mission, he had to say he was surprised. While the Rapidash looked magnificent and strong, the same couldn't be said for the young girl riding it. She looked a lot younger than he was and he had to question the sanity of the League officials for allowing a kid this young to take part in such a potentially dangerous job. However he would have to put these thoughts to rest for now and he removed his hands from his pockets, making sure that the presence of the switchblade in his right pocket remained hidden.[break][break]

"Sorry I'm late Annie. I had a bit of trouble finding the place." He lied smoothly as he extended a hand in greeting to the girl. The League had at least informed them of the names of their partners and their signature pokemon to make the meeting less conspicuous the day of the race. "My buddy, Hades, is ready to race with you. Would you like me to keep an eye from the sidelines or would you prefer the extra hands on deck?" He asked her casualy as he looked around briefly, taking in the competition. He wondered which of them might be their target. All of them seemed as potentially dirty-fighting opponents.

deltra of gangnam style
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Speedy Speed Boy
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 18:43:00 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]
Annie responded to any and all advanced in the same way. She mimicked a steed too proud for her own good, raising her head up high and closing her eyes. It wasn’t until the sixth man – well, boy – arrived that she stopped rearing. A glance at him told that he couldn’t have been much older than herself, but she knew better than to take age as an indication of skill. Instead one hand waved to him, while the other beckoned him over.

“I’ll forgive the lateness, but only if we win! Luckily, my Celeste has this in the bag. Probably. Maybe.” Her beast huffed at the sound of doubt. “Kidding! Mostly. It’ll be fiiiiine.” A gentle hand stroked her mount into a calmer state. “Or maybe you and Hades might take the race. Who knows?” A snort from Celeste suggested that she thought she knew.

“You gotta do what your heart tells you, my dude! If this is anything like the street legal races, this whole thing won’t last more than like, twenty seconds. There’s no way you’re keeping up with your Pokemon unless you’re on him, but if you feel like you’ll do better shouting orders from over here, then go for it. Just make sure you keep an eye on the competition. There’s probably a good reason why these guys aren’t leg-”
A gruff voice cut her off – their starter, and the only non-participant present. “Get in line! The race is about to start.”

[attr="class","tag"]@day

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Speedy Speed Boy
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 21:07:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Finding my place

■ Sweet sweet chaos!

in the world

Annie's attitude brought a small, lopsided grin to his face. She was confident and carefree, but perhaps a little too much. However just as he put up a front of someone not to be triffled with, perhaps so did she. "Hades doesn't need me to give him directions on this. He has been around long before I was born. I will only slow him down if I ride. I will be able to guard his blind spots though." He explained and run a hand through thick white fur. Hades greeted both Celeste and Annie with a simple nod of his head, his black scythe glistening momentarily in the dim light, before taking his place next to them as they were gruffly ordered to fall in line.[break][break]

Jason winked at Annie. "Don't worry about anything other than winning, Hades has your back and so do we." He emphasized as he allowed Cerberus out of his pokeball. The Houndour loyaly took his place next to his trainer, clearly on alert and meaning business. Out of all of Jason's pokemons, Cerberus was the best suited for the job, being a former Team Rocket pokemon. And so they were set. Let the cheaters come.

deltra of gangnam style
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Speedy Speed Boy
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 22:01:55 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]
A cocky smirk showed itself at the boy’s faith in his Pokemon. “That’s what I like to hear. Me, I think this’ll be good training for me and Cel, but I’m sure she’d handle it herself.” Her steed threw her head around, letting her mane flourish. “Good luck to us both, then! Here’s hoping that it doesn’t get too ugly.”

She gestured for Celeste to fall into line. “Alright, you all know the rules. There are no rules, as long as your Pokemon’s feet stay against a surface.” Silence was taken as confirmation. “On your marks. Get set. G-“

The cave descended into chaos in the blink of an eye. Pokemon roared and hissed and cried as they burst into action. A flash of light threatened to blind the racers; if any of them could spare a glance to the side, they’d see that the Manectric has immediately tumbled into a crashing halt.

That would mean turning their attention away from the clouds of smog rolling in to smother them. Like an ethereal cloak draped over her horn, Celeste’s Pastel Veil parted the poison from her and her allies. The same couldn’t be said for the Weavile rushing dangerously close to Absol as they neared the first turn, claws and fangs bared.

[attr="class","tag"]@day
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Speedy Speed Boy
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2020 18:55:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Finding my place

■ Sorry for the wait. I wasn't sure what to do next

in the world

Hades had rushed ahead as much as the rest of the racing pokemon had. But he wasn't as fast as Celeste and his job was not to keep up with her on equal terms. His job was to make sure that nobody would hurt her and her rider. He had taken the rear. Close enough to keep up with her but not as much. The cloud of poisonous smog was kept at bay, but the Weavile would soon be swallowed by it as Hades' scythe had blocked and pushed back the threatening claws.[break][break]

In the meantime, Jason had positioned himself such that he could watch the race and the trainers, while Cerberus was keeping an eye on the crowd and the racetrack from a different spot. The Houndour was able to see Jason and it would be seen by Hades when Jason would not. It had been their plan to be able to pass down information from one another with just body language as long as they were able to see eachother.[break][break]

While Flash could not necessarily constitute a dangerous trick in illegal races, the poisonous smog was perhaps the beginning of a more threatening game and Jason immediately searched for any signs of the source of it. So far none of the pokemons had taken the lead enough to have the poison cloud roll over the rest of them like that. Was there someone working with one of the teams from the crowd? [break][break]

Trusting in Hades' skill and ability, Jason pulled his eyes away from the track and into the sidelines. Whoever had released that poison attack had to be stationed close to the tracks.

deltra of gangnam style
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Speedy Speed Boy
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2020 9:28:47 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]
It took mere seconds for the fog’s effects to announce themselves. Half of the racers slowed to clutch and cough and wheeze. The Weavile hit the floor before they reached the first corner, too fragile to overcome the smog. That left Celeste, Hades and the Salazzle, the latter of which had decided to crawl along the cave walls.

Annie hugged her mount’s neck as they rounded the first corner. As it happened, few Pokemon could drift like a vehicle, but boy, did the Rapidash try. Annie’s hair dragged across the floor as they came much too close for comfort, but her faith in her partner was rewarded by a successful turn. They had a real chance at winning…

Or would, if not for some outside interference. It wouldn’t take long for an observant trainer to find the source of their troubles. A girl no older than twenty had shoved her way to the front of the audience. At a shady race, that meant nothing, but the Shroomish in her arms was a cause for concern. A Shroomish that appeared to be charging its next attack, no less.

[attr="class","tag"]@day
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Speedy Speed Boy
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2020 21:19:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Finding my place

0000 WORDS ■ ■ Annie's neck is on the line, so you decide if the next move hits or not.

in the world

It was Cerberus the one that had spotted the suspicious girl and her Shroomish at the frontlines of the crowd. A warning howl was abrely heard over the cheers of the crowd, but it was enough to alert Jason to switch his attention from the racetrack to Cerberus moving. The Houndour was running towards the girl, hoping to intercept Shroomish before its next attack could be unleashed.[break][break]

The howl had also alarmed Hades and he slowed out barely enough to see what was going on. While it was not enough to seperate him from Celeste who was ahead, it did momentarily leave him exposed. At the same time, Jason's attention had sifted to the girl, trying to memorise as much about her as he possibly could as he tried to make his way through the crowd to reach her. Flash, poisonous smog and now a third attack. He really hoped it would not be unleashed. It was not just Hades' life on the line. Annie and Celeste were also at risk.

deltra of gangnam style
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Speedy Speed Boy
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2020 20:44:20 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Oblivious to the danger, Team Annie sprinted on. The Shroomish opened her mouth wide, ready to fire another curveball into whatever was left of the racers… Only to find herself startled out of her master’s arms! She hit the rock floor face-first, while her trainer stared in disbelief. Apparently, nobody had briefed her on what to do if she was caught… So she bolted, abandoning the mushroom to her fate. One need only follow the path of shoved bodies and annoyed groans to follow her, if they could be heard above the growing buzz. The race was drawing to a close, and its audience was eager to see who would take the crown.

The pesky Pokemon had an easier time fleeing the scene. Her size meant that she could disappear into the sea of feet, disappearing behind them in mere seconds. The team could try and hunt her down, but that would mean precious seconds chasing after the trainer, or watching as the racers took their final turn.

Annie took the final sprint as her chance to command Celeste: “Kick it up into high gear!” The girl found herself hugging her mount a touch too tightly as she ran like the wind, Agility demonstrating that Rapidash were just as quick as they were beautiful. Could Hades keep up? Perhaps. The Salazzle, it seemed, could not, try as she might to crawl her way into first place. Without the timely interruption of the Shroom’s spores, the lizard had lost its chance to win.

And so it was Annie’s steed that crossed the finish line, slowing to a gallop as the crowds roared. The girl, of course, was soaking in the ego boost; once she’d let out a breath she hadn’t realised she was holding, she gave the ruffians the royal wave. The Salazzle stalked its way back to Nightshade’s trainers, who were hurling abuse from halfway down the racetrack. Blitz Bolts’ men ran onto the course to recover their fallen runners. A few seconds too late, Annie remembered that she hadn’t been alone. Wide eyes sought out Hades, and then his trainer…

[attr="class","tag"]@day
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Speedy Speed Boy
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2020 14:05:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Finding my place

■ Long due, I'm sorry

in the world

While Cerberus tried to go after the guilty mushroom, Jason focused his efforts on chasing after the girl which was harder than it looked. Even though there was a trail of disgruntled people left behind her, carving a path through those people was not an easy fit for him. But Jason was not alone and even though the little shroom pokemon managed to make its escape, her master would not be getting out of the situation that easy. The attention of the crowd was focused on the final sprint of the Rapidash, followed by the Absol and the Salazzle, so the few heads that were turned, were quickly ignored.[break][break]

A certain zorua pup cladded in invisibility illusions was navigating its way through the sea of feet, making quick progress to trip up the escapee as Annie crossed the finish line. "Going a little overboard with supporting a team aren't you?" Jason said as he caught up with the girl lying on the floor, clearly confused as to what had caused her fall.

deltra of gangnam style
[googlefont=Raleway]