close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider
he, him, his
ceo / vigilante
7 height
7 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
19 posts
Tobias Hall DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hall
Tobias Hall
biting sharpedo [ff]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 7:10:31 GMT
Tobias Hall Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","oneword1"]
[attr="class","fromyou1"]

just one word from you and it's over
[attr="class","itsover"]

Sitting atop a rented speedboat, he adjusts the gloves of his suit. "Read me over the specs again." he says from underneath his helmet.[break][break]

A quiet, muffled voice can be heard; though the words spoken aren't intelligible for anyone else but him. He nods for a moment, then looks down at the tiny psychic pokemon standing beside him. He kneels down onto one knee and begins to set up the appropriate breathing apparatuses needed to conduct the mission. It's unfortunate that he doesn't have any water-type Pokemon, but thanks to his wealth and technology, he's able to improvise in ways normal people can't.[break][break]

"Good, looks like you're all set up." he says, letting out a sigh of relief. He knows that this is an excellent test for him and a perfect opportunity to test his suit.

ulla

[newclass=.itsover b]color:#8cb066[/newclass]

[newclass=.oneword1]transition:1s;overflow:hidden;height:200px;width:450px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.oneword1:hover .fromyou1]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fromyou1]background-color:#2f2f2f;opacity:.8;font-family:arial;font-size:10px;color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:250px;width:150px;transition:1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fromyou1 a]font-family:courier new;text-transform:uppercase;color:#a366b6;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
biting sharpedo [ff]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 7:33:26 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]A lack of money was good, Annie occasionally told herself. It meant learning to improvise. Make the most of what she had, even when what she had was very little. It had made her a better person. And yet, she couldn’t help but feel a twinge of jealously, irritation, dismay, all at the same time, as she came to a halt beside Tobias.

Where he’d let money solve his problems, she’d used her Pokemon. Her ‘speedboat’ was a blue Starmie, half-submerged in the water while she stood on its back, keeping one arm on its topmost star. Her swimming suit was whichever one of her three outfits needed a wash anyway – the tracksuit in that case. Her air tank was… nowhere to be seen, but it was safe to assume that she’d thought that far ahead. Probably. Hopefully.

“Another one? Do all of you masked superhero guys have meetings or something? Is that suit any good for diving? Wouldn’t metal weigh you down? Is it uncomfortable? It looks uncomfortable, but also kinda cool.” The Starmie was silent, its gem oscillating between blue and purple. A flash of yellow seemed to serve as a reminder. “Oh! And I’m Annie. Annie Mei. I guess, in a way, I’m a junior hero for hire! That’s basically what people that do these jobs are, right?”

[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider
he, him, his
ceo / vigilante
7 height
7 height
awards
19 posts
Tobias Hall DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hall
Tobias Hall
biting sharpedo [ff]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 7:55:00 GMT
Tobias Hall Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","itsover"]
Beneath his helmet, he arches a brow at the chatterbox of a girl. Is she just passing by or is she here to help save the entrapped Luvdiscs down below? His answers are quickly answered by the girl as she mentions diving. [break][break]

He gives the girl a quick nod before striking a relatively simple pose by folding his arms together while pointing at her. ”That’s right, this suit is actually designed for diving. The plating is made of light alloys and there’s a rebreather built into the suit. To make ease of maneuvering underwater, there are propellers built into the suit to help maneuver underwater.” [break][break]

The masked vigilante extends a hand to the girl. ”Nice to meet you Annie, you can call me Pokken Rider.”

ulla

[newclass=.oneword1]transition:1s;overflow:hidden;height:200px;width:450px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fromyou1]background-color:#2f2f2f;opacity:.8;font-family:arial;font-size:10px;color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:250px;width:150px;transition:1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fromyou1 a]font-family:courier new;text-transform:uppercase;color:#a366b6;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
biting sharpedo [ff]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 12:54:36 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]An eyebrow slowly raised as the man went on. “I mean, that all sounds fine, but… How often is this a problem in your life, that you have a whole suit for diving? Why not use a Pokemon? Do you have to jump on the job boards really early to make sure you get a job that justifies spending money on that?” She paused; furrowed her brow. “Maybe that last one was rude. Sorry. I’m going to judge you so hard if you don’t do a good job, though!”

With that, she reached into her nylon crossbody bag. Leaving her valuables in her pocket before she dived was bound to end poorly, after all. A Pokeball was retrieved, and from it, she ushered out a golden Azumarill. Zuri cheered her arrival for the half a second it took for gravity to force her under the waves. She bobbed half her body above water, waiting orders.

“Meet my air tank, and my propeller.” She gestured to Zuri and Gemini in turn - the former was taking deep breathes, preparing for the expedition. “My protection too, if it comes to it... So I guess they’re like metal alloys too! Anyway, where’re we headed from here?”

[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider
he, him, his
ceo / vigilante
7 height
7 height
awards
19 posts
Tobias Hall DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hall
Tobias Hall
biting sharpedo [ff]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 9:05:19 GMT
Tobias Hall Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","itsover"]
Seeing her cheerful demeanor, Pokken Rider swiftly passes her a thumbs up of approval. "Alright then, little hero, just follow after me." He looks over to the Hatenna who quickly hops onto his back, clinging onto him with its tiny hair. Thanks to the rebreather it has, it's perfectly safe for it to dive along with him. [break][break]

Having said his piece, the masked vigilante makes small run before diving suddenly into the water. Knowing that the girl will follow after him, he begins to swim deeper into the ocean's depth, looking for signs of the Luvdisc school. The waters darken as he dives so he presses against his helmet. Soon, his red eyes glow, flashing a proper light ahead of him. Off in the distance, he can see a lone Luvdisc swimming around what looks to be a large boulder. [break][break]

Expecting Annie to have followed after him, he waves over for her to follow as he swiftly swims over to it. Looking around, he can't see any initial signs for the Luvdiscs. The lone fish looks worried seeing the strange looking man, but seeing he means no harm, it quickly butts its head against the large boulder as if it were trying to move it.

ulla

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
biting sharpedo [ff]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 9:39:25 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Annie leapt off her Starmie, disappearing beneath the surface for a second. An annoyed yell announced her head breaking water. “Why does it always have to be so cold!?” Violent shakes seemed to stave off incoming shivers as she gave Zuri her orders. “Alright, we’re on the lookout for Luvdisc. Luv-disc. Pink guys, heart-shaped and lots of them.” Her partner only understood about half of that, but half would likely be enough.

Both Annie and Zuri placed a hand on one of Gemini’s frontal points as the masked hero took the plunge. The rabbit rolled up her ears, and the three followed after him.

It was hard for her to stop comparing her ‘suit’ to his, but considering their clear differences in wealth, Annie thought that she’d done pretty well! Fully submerged and in a more natural habitat, Gemini’s second star became a makeshift propeller, pushing the trio further into the ocean. Nothing she had on hand could beat out his beaming eyes, but the light glow of a Starmie’s gem helped them navigate the way well enough.

Zuri provided her trainer with small air bubbles roughly every twelve seconds, and if they ignored her wide-mouthed gasps for the fleeting air, they did a good job of keeping her alive. Even underwater, Azumarill’s hearing was hard to match; before long, she was pointing the pair towards the boulder too, no doubt hearing the muffled cries under and around it.

Once they drew near Annie disembarked, using both hands to order her Pokemon. Both hands pushed outwards was enough for them to understand. Gemini’s Psychic, aided by Zuri’s Helping Hand, could slowly force the boulder upwards. Not fast enough for Annie’s lungs, but progress was being made.

[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider
he, him, his
ceo / vigilante
7 height
7 height
awards
19 posts
Tobias Hall DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hall
Tobias Hall
biting sharpedo [ff]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 10:00:32 GMT
Tobias Hall Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","itsover"]

Even with his suit’s minor augmentations, it’s impossible for him to move the boulder by himself, despite his attempts. He looks back to see the raven-haired girl quickly arrive with her two Pokemon – both of whom are quick to offer their services as they slowly lift the boulder upwards. Izu, his Hatenna pops her over his shoulder and begins to help as she provides assistance with her own Psychic. [break][break]

Pokken Rider turns to see the girl, struggling for air, realizing that she’s endangering herself as well, he quickly swims over, and begins fidgeting over his belt. Hooking what seems to be a small tube into an external piece, he quickly shoves it over the girl’s mouth, giving her air from his own tank. He gives her a worried look by tilting his head to the side, offering her a thumbs up, wondering if she’s managing okay. [break][break]

The boulder comes to a halt as they seem to struggle with keeping it afloat, but soon enough, a Luvdisc manages to squeeze its way out. Then another. Slowly, one by one, a small family of Luvdisc manage to escape from their deadly entrapment. Seeing a total of six Luvdisc swimming around one another, they crowd over to the lone Luvdisc from earlier who is obviously delighted that its family is safe. [break][break]

Seeing no more of the heart shaped fish squeezing themselves out of the hole, Hatenna’s psychic releases and she quickly swims back over to Pokken Rider. With his pokemon safely returned, he looks to Annie, pointing upwards. Knowing that she’s unable to hear his words, he wraps an arm around her waist and begins to swim upwards as aside from her Pokemon, he’s the only other person giving her oxygen.

ulla

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
biting sharpedo [ff]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 10:39:02 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Her lungs were burning, but that was fine! Of all the kids in in the orphanage, Annie is the best at holding her breath! Mostly because first, second and third place died, but she’d claimed the victory anyway. Still, she wouldn’t say no to some extra air, and so Pokken Rider’s present was met with little resistance.

Zuri stopped giving aid to rush back to Annie, but she only made it halfway before she realised there was a stunning lack of suffocation on Annie’s face. The girl’s thumbs-up told that she could focus on doing the heavy lifting instead. With the trio’s undivided attention, the boulder hardly stood a chance, and the fish were set free before long. That, in turn, meant the party was free to swim back to the surface. Annie waved to the Luvdisc as they departed. In her heart, they waved back.

She broke water, pulled the hair out of her face, took off her air tube and showed the masked man a cheery grin. “Well, I think that went pretty well! Thanks for the air and stuff. I was trying to hold out while Zuri was busy, but I don’t think that worked out as well as I’d hoped…” It was hard for something as rotund as an Azumarill to look stern, but boy, did Zuri try.

[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider
he, him, his
ceo / vigilante
7 height
7 height
awards
19 posts
Tobias Hall DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hall
Tobias Hall
biting sharpedo [ff]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 10:49:02 GMT
Tobias Hall Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","itsover"]

As they break water, the speedboat can be seen farther off in the distance, inching closer to them. He releases the girl, retrieving his tube and breather back, putting it away firmly as he looks to the girl. He passes her a soft smile from beneath his mask, glad that she’s safe and not dead by drowning. [break][break]

”I like your gusto, but if you’re going to be a little hero, you’re going to need to think things out better.” he quips teasingly. He flags the speedboat down with a wave and quickly climbs onto the boat from the ladder. Seeing the Azumarill’s comically “stern” face, he offers a hand out to the duo. ”Seeing that your Azumarill isn’t happy with you, how about I offer you a ride?” [break][break]

Izu, seeing a proper surface to stand on, quickly jumps down from his back, feeling quite content with herself for saving the Luvdisc. Pokken Rider kneels, petting the psychic pokemon while keeping his free hand extended out for the girl. ”Don’t worry, the trip back is covered.”

ulla

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
biting sharpedo [ff]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 11:35:35 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]“Ah, it’ll be fine! I’ve been pretty good about not dying so far, and trust me, people have tried!” Zuri let out an exasperated sigh, and the Starmie’s dull light gave a similar sentiment. Their reactions dealt a blow to what was meant to be a carefree smile, and after a nervous chuckle, she continued. “But I guess I should be a little more careful. A dead hero’s not much good to anybody. Besides, there’s a lot I’ve got to do before I kick the bucket. Better?” The golden rabbit gave a nod of approval, her scowl softening in the face of an apology. Well, the closest to an apology most people would get out of Annie.

She eyed the speedboat up and down, then did the same to Gemini. The star was a stellar (albeit unorthodox) mount, but in the face of a free ride, she was happy to give it a break from carrying her. “Alright, alright! You’re doing a good job of impressing me, Pokken Rider!” Annie and Zuri climbed aboard the speedboat. “Something tells me this won’t be the last time we help each other either! Maybe we'll have to make a team: Pokken Rider, Pokenger and The Hero That Doesn't Need a Mask!”

Gemini, by far the heaviest of the bunch, could keep up with them without the added load, spinning his second star all the way back to the shore.

[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
biting sharpedo [ff]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2020 1:52:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1 free water-type base evo pokemon redeemable in the site shop.
[break]